The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Canada  (Read 5803 times)

Offline fireeater

• Trips: None Yet
Canada
« on: August 14, 2009, 01:49:39 PM »
Since Mirror requested some photos, I will provided some. Others may do the same since we are a large country here. We do have three other female members who may be interested as well, since they have plans at some point for being here.  :)

Honking your horn, may not be the best idea, at this point.

A beach at Sandbanks Provincal Park

Seems he just fit, through the locks and canals that by pass the falls

One of the other falls, we do have others.

View from a helicoptor, of the Niagara Falls area

One of the colours on the American falls at night

Men fishing at dawn, on one the smaller lakes here,

One of the rock formations, that are found around the province, as well as the lake.

One of the waterways in another area, looks at lot like Mirrors.

Offline fireeater

Re: Canada
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 02:06:26 PM »
The city look

The Chateau Lauier Hotel in Ottawa, and a smaller canal with locks, in the Autumn

Ottawa - skating on the canal itself with the parliment building in the background

Downtown Toronto skyline at night

Typical residental street found in most areas of the Gta. Just the house types change

Skating at city hall in downtown Toronto

The GTA or Ukraine ?

One of the beaches on the great lake in Toronto, seemed to have missed the water part.  :innocent:

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 03:10:58 PM »
Great photos Fireeater.  It should be pointed out to Mirror that when you are in the forests of Canada they are very similar to what she would find in Russia. 
andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

That means I'm a subject matter expert on all things Russia, Ukraine and UK.

Offline fireeater

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 04:02:00 PM »
Great photos Fireeater.  It should be pointed out to Mirror that when you are in the forests of Canada they are very similar to what she would find in Russia. 

West coast that is what started this, I mentioned that her photos, she posted today, reminded me of here.  So she wished to see some about Canada :)

You could do BC for her and any others interested.   :-X  you do have great scenery in those mountains of yours.  ;D  

Offline mirror

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 08:24:22 PM »
Now I understand you,fireeater.Our nature looks like very similar but cityes...people touch nature much differently....dispite of some ladies do same.  

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ]

Online BelleZeBoob

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 12:25:25 AM »
This is one of the most gorgeously illustrated thread!  Thank you FE! Fantastic photos! Some really look like Russia.

Parliament view with skaters look like Red Square to me :)

Picture that you titled 'CTA or Ukraine' looks rather like a little old town on the North of Russia, where they have unique old temples.

Fisher picture look amazing. Many RM would find it mesmerizing :) and what a cute little boot!

Mirror, yours is a great addition to this  :BEER:
Men are like Bluetooth: he is connected to you when you are nearby, but searches for other devices when you are away.
Women are like Wi-Fi: she sees all available devices, but connects to the strongest one.

Offline fireeater

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 05:53:07 AM »
Now I understand you,fireeater.Our nature looks like very similar but cityes...people touch nature much differently....dispite of some ladies do same.  

Our cities would differ in style, but I expect you would see some similar type buildings as well here. Nature in a lot of ways do not. That road you drove on could be one here as well.  ;D  

I am not sure what you mean by touching nature differently.  :)      

Offline fireeater

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2009, 06:13:40 AM »
This is one of the most gorgeously illustrated thread!  Thank you FE! Fantastic photos! Some really look like Russia.

Parliament view with skaters look like Red Square to me :)

Picture that you titled 'CTA or Ukraine' looks rather like a little old town on the North of Russia, where they have unique old temples.

Fisher picture look amazing. Many RM would find it mesmerizing :) and what a cute little boot!

Mirror, yours is a great addition to this  :BEER:

That skater one you mentioned may be a little longer then Red Square, they clear 7.8 kilometers for you to skate on.  :)

That is a parish, built in 1995, and is made with red cedar. In the Cossack style from what I was told. They have a bell tower made the same way at the entrance.

That black thing on the front of the boat is an electric motor. Quiet, lifts up when not in use, and the person steers it with their foot. They are actually moving as they fish. The real motor is at the back of the boat and turned off until they wish to go faster somewhere. Boats come in all shapes and sizes. Women fish as well here, no different then men, if they want to.  :chuckle: