The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Single Baltic Lady; totally a scam?  (Read 76610 times)

Offline Palle1985

Single Baltic Lady; totally a scam?
« on: July 21, 2009, 07:33:26 AM »
Hello everyone!

I'm new here so bare with me one this one and my native langugae isn't english so have a little patience:)

I really need some help and hope someone here could give me some good advice.

Here is my story.

For some months ago, march 2009, I found a link on facebook to a webpage called "Singel Baltic Lady". I was very courius about it and looked at it. It was many nice looking girls on it and I have always found eastern european grils very attractive so I joined in. Maybe the first days I got about 100 letters from diffrent women's and I thought I was in heaven:) I discovered fast that is was rather expensiv to communicate on that page but with no other experience in this matter I thought maybe it is like that. The time went by and I found some promising girls I really liked. We talked and talked and still everything feelt good. Antoher girl (not one of the once I had been communicating for a while with) start sending me letter and I answere her, she was willing to come to Sweden (where I live) which I thought was great until she asked me for money for a visa, then I realized that something wasen't right and stopped the contact with her. And that was the first time I was in contact with a scam. I started to search the internet for information about this and founds Jim's page agencyscams. I read and read but still I didn't know what to think. I also read about his comment on singel baltic women and got very sad, was everything I thought was real only scam? Is every girl on that page scam or is it mixed with both real girls, looking for someone, and scams? Well I wasn't sure and well Jim seemed pretty sure on his thing and I also read his example of a scammer and a genuine letter from a russian women but maybe it is obvius to many it was not so clear for me, of course when she asks for money me too understand that it is something wrong, but to spot a scammer before she asks for money.

I decided to continue my correspondece with the girls on SBL hoping that they where genuien. Some times passed and I found out one of the girls to be very strange. She answered my letters and myquestions but then wrote much about how she missed me and wanted to be with me and such... it got even worse after a while where she sended me letters only with affiactionate words besides our correspondence and because you pay to open every letter it got very expensive so finally I could bare it and broke my contact with her. But my correpsondece with the others contunied. One of the girls I also talked over the phone with, on msn too and another I talked to msn and she even got facebook because of me. So that they where real girls there was no doubt about. I started to plan a trip to Ukraine and Odessa to meet this girls (about 5-6 girls I've been talking to).
But about two-three weeks ago I visited Jim's page again and found out some new information about SBL or Natashaclub. There was guys that had talked to girls on SBL and then found same girls on other webpagegs and this girls didn't know anything about SBL or didn't know they had any profiles there. It wasn't only one guy writing this so it must be many scam profiles and this got me a little worried. Also I found out some new scam ways Jim wrote about. It was common in Ukraine that the women are real and she talk to you and agree to meet you and everything but she is not intrested in any relationship. She will only use the expensive site to communicate because then she and the page makes money on you.

With this new info I was about to cancel my planed trip to Ukraine to meet this women's I been communicatin with. But after a talk with my firend about a trip to Ukraine he agreed on going there with me just to explore and see Odessa. And I thought, now when I have come this far with the girls, when I have spend both money and time, and I'm still going to Ukraine maybe I could meet some of them anyway to see if there is real. But I'm not so sure about it anymore...

I have like 6-7 girls now I'm talking to. One I recently start talking to says she is comming to Sweden for vacation in august and like to meet me then. I still are very careful about this until I know she will not ask me for money or something. But non of these girls have asked me for money, two of them is willing to meet me in Odessa without interpreters (they don't speak english) one of them lives in Sumy and the other i Nikolayev.

Only one of these girls wants to use an interpreter from the agency when we meet. Some girls are very affictionate in there letters which I found a bit strange but maybe it is because I'm very affictionate in mine. But two of this girls have e-mails but it seem very problematic to talk over e-mail. Either there having problems with theire e-mail or they don't have a computer with internet at home. I don't know if this is common or not. I have asked four of the girls for more pictures of them but it never comes, one of them uploaded one new pictures in her profile but they always says "I will send you but not now" and I have been nagging about this for some time now.

Well what do you sugest me to do? Should I meet them when I come down there? Is there someone that have meet their other half on that page and is any of the girls real and her intentins real? What should I do, I really need some help from people that have more experience and know more about this than me.

One more important thing is that I have been looking for the girls in jim's page and I have also googled there name but have not found anything. Should I write thier user on SBL here for you to look at?

Offline anjutka

Re: Single Baltic Lady; totally a scam?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 09:38:51 AM »
welcome Palle :) i m sure guys will help :nod:
1 Life is not rehearsal... 2 sorry for my english;-)) 3 Thinking only always positive way=be healthy and happy))))) 4yes, and I am 41 yo ;-))))))))))))) 5 In life there are no rules!!! 6 but he should not be older 45 yo )))) 7...? ;-)

Offline Palle1985

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 10:33:09 AM »
Thank you:) Yes I hope:)

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 10:53:48 AM »
Welcome Palle.

I just looked them up on Jim's List as you did: http://agencyscams.com/Why/1st.html it seems they are one of a large number of websites operated by one firm. Jim seems to feel they are scam; reading his info there I would be inclined to agree with him.

You have plans to meet some women already...... before you do this, you need to establish they are real women speaking for themselves. That means you need to get them on the telephone. If they do not speak English, arrange a three-way translated call.

Do you have direct contact information for any of these women or have you done any three-way telephone calls already?
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Palle1985

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 11:13:31 AM »
Thank you for your welcome! :)

Yes I know, it was not fun to read it, especially after have spend so much money on that site... :S

I have spoken to one of them over the phone another I have spoken to over MSN with a webcam so at least two of them is real girls. The others dosen't speak english or I don't have their telephonenumbers. Is there any good way to arrange a three way phone call? I have never done this before:)

Offline Manny

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 11:28:30 AM »
My wife has a page here: Translated three-way calls you can take a look at.

You will also find other providers and honest agencies on our Top Site list here: Recommended sites and service providers

To be honest, Odessa doesn't have the greatest reputation for bride seekers if you read the forum.
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Offline Palle1985

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 01:52:20 PM »
Thank you!I will look at your pages.

Well the girls are not from Odessa it is only me and my friend that will travel there. The girls come from Sumy, Nikolayev, Mariypol and one from Odessa. But I have asked them to come to Odessa to meet me.

Offline Palle1985

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 02:05:29 PM »
I read about a page called Luckylovers, is that page free? Is it any good? Is there a lot of scams there too or what kind of page is it?

Is there anyone that have used Singel Baltic Lady or any of its other websites with a positive result? Cause even if I call these girls and it really is them it is still the chance that they are not intrested in finding someone but only to help the webpage earn money.

Offline Manny

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 02:45:54 PM »
We have two previous topics about Lucky Lovers:

one here

and another one here

Offline Palle1985

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 03:15:30 PM »
Thank you Manny for your great help! I'm very grateful!

It sounds very good LL and I'll try it but first I have to clear this things up about SBL and the girls there:)

Offline Brasscasing

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009, 06:39:59 PM »
Welcome aboard Palle. :)

Your post is a bit nebulous Palle but from what I'm reading it doesn't look good.

Have you talked to any of these girls by phone?

Brass
“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."  ~ John Diefenbaker

P.S....Unless you happen to live in Quebec and are subject to the Quebec Charter Of Values, of course.

Offline Palle1985

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2009, 11:36:56 AM »
Tahnk you. I don't know what nebulous menas?

Well only two of them I've talked over the phone. Maybe it would be easier to leave all of them and go forward with all but it would be sad to miss the oppertunity to meet them if everything is real.

Is there some way to know if they are scam other than calling them? Should I post their nicknames from the page, maybe any of you recognize it?

Offline Palle1985

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2009, 12:01:36 PM »
There is one girl from that page I started to communicate with, I think I wrote her two or three messages and she writes like 2-3 letters per day. So I stopped to write her cause it costs too much now I like got 15 unread letters from her. That must be something wrong?

Another of the girl I am communicating with wrote Brian (that is not my name) and in the second letter she blamed the intrepreter for it. What should I make of that?

My name or alias on that page is Palle1985 and she wrote "Hello Palle1985", any real person should know that my real name dosent incluede the numbers but that girl I have talked over the phone with and on msn so I don't know why she write like that? :S

And two of the other girls I had e-mail contact with, one of them haven't written me and the other wrote me on SBL even when she got my e-mail. She said she was in Crimea and she have sad to me before that she dosen't have a computer with internet but if she is abel to write me there she would be able to write me to my e-mail right?

I guess this was to good to be true?

Offline Palle1985

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2009, 12:21:24 PM »
This is from one girl that lives in Odessa:

Hello, my dearest Palle!
I am happy o receive your new letter and to know that you had a wonderful weekend. As for me, it was raining on Sunday and I didn’t go to the beach. But I was dreaming of us.Wink)))) I was watching a romantic movie.Wink)))

Sweetheart, I am not a trick. I am a real girl who has her real feelings, dreams and wishes. I can’t communicate with you very often through e-mail. I have only one day a week in the evening when I can write a letter to you for free. But if I want to write you oftener, I should go to the internet café and I don’t have money for that. Do you understand me?

Sweetie, I hope that everything will be fine with your test.Wink)) I will pray for that.Wink)))) Sweetheart, I miss you! I am waiting for our meeting a lot! I wish to be happy together with you!!!!

I hope that your family is fine. Say hello to you relatives.Wink))))
Hug you, XXX.

This is another:

DearPalle!I am In CRIMEA now.I am laying on the beach now, feel crash of waves and breathe fresh air. Its incredible!I and my friend we are going to est something nad come back to our place. Its reall nice weather for suntan. Hope that it will look good on my skinWink
Dear I went to Crimea to spend my vocation. I am so happy to write you this letter and want to let you know that I think of you and will write you back as soon as I come back. aproximetly after 25th of Jule.
I wish to hear from you back and tell me what is the best place to spend your vocation?
Have a good day and nice rest
Hugs XXX

Another: This one I have talked over the phone with and talked to on msn

Hello my dear Palle1985!!
Sorry for my long reply! I was not in town but now I'm back and I want to talk with you again! I really missed you! I was in Crimea and could not respond to your letter !(((( I had a good time there! Perhaps we will go to the Crimea together?? What do you think about this? When will you leave? What's new and interesting things happening in your life??
I kiss you..
I will wait your reply)
your girl XXX))

Another: She got my name wrong but I gett a letter one minute after that says "    Sorry for the wrong name-from interpreter "

Sweet Brian!
I will become your Russian teacher one day Smile). What do you mean to get to Odessa by myself? Smile) I also have never met with anyone this way.
I am so sorry that you are sad about photos, but why do not you believe me that I am honest and look exactly the same? Do you think I have a reason to be dishonest in this apsect?
My weekend was nice and I spent it with my granny at the hospital. I did not have a chance to talk to my boss, but I will as soon as I return to Sumy.
The weather today is so hot and it is probably about 40C. I wear my summer dress, but still it is very hot and stuffy. It is so good here at the agency, because of the conditioner and I do not want to leave Smile. It is nice to watch the girls who also come here to answer letters from their beloved men Smile. I sincerely hope that they will find happiness and love and they do not waste their time. My intuition also tells me that we have already built a solid background for our future relationship and I am not afraid of risking. Every night I have dreams about our future together and they are always so wonderful and sweet and I can not wait when we have a chance to realize all our dreams and fantasies.
I do not have any special plans for this weekend, but I plan to meet with my friends and have some pleasant time with them. I wish we could spend all our week days and weekends together!
Wait for your message.
Yours, XXX

And this one for some reason I think is genuine, she uploaded one picture of her when I asked but she haven't send me any more that I have asked for:

Hi, my dear!!! Dear, I am really sorry that I can't meet with you, but you know you are really very nice person and I always appreciate your attention!!!!
I understand you and it is up to you to end our communication or not!!!
I really desire to communicate with you as least something, because I really like you!!!!!
I am kissing you tenderly and I hope you will have a nice day!!!
Yours, XXX

I don't know if it is wrong to post this letters here? If it is I delete them.

Offline fireeater

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2009, 12:32:30 PM »
Welcome  to the forum  tiphat

As for the note with the wrong name. If the main content of the note could have been written to anyone, then she is using the same note and changing small parts for each man she is writting to. Some of these sites have women who are being paid to write to men. The more they write the more they earn. Using the same letter contents, for each man, saves them time. They make little changes to make it seem more like it is written to you alone.  

Always blamed on the interpreter when it happens.   :ROFL:

If in doubt set up a second ID or have a friend do it, and see if you get letters from the same women. I did that on a few sites to confirm how bad they were. Same notes from the same women to all Ids.  :-X

Offline Palle1985

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2009, 12:36:18 PM »
Thank you!

If in doubt set up a second ID or have a friend do it, and see if you get letters from the same women. I did that on a few sites to confirm how bad they were. Same notes from the same women to all Ids.  :-X

Ah that is a good idea! Thank you for it!!! But should I contact her with my second ID or should I wait for her to contact me?

Well you can see her letter in the post over yours. She answeres my questions that I written to her and then she always get "dreamy" in the second part of the letter.

Offline fireeater

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2009, 01:23:39 PM »
Thank you!

Ah that is a good idea! Thank you for it!!! But should I contact her with my second ID or should I wait for her to contact me?

Well you can see her letter in the post over yours. She answers my questions that I written to her and then she always get "dreamy" in the second part of the letter.

Wait and see if she contacts you.   :-X

As for the letters they are short, and in my opinion could be for any man. Short letters are another indication of employees of an agency. Read what you have gotten from her and see if the content is always slated for what she is saying rather then what you are talking about. Another sign of one.

One I tested, with three Ids, 500 letters in two weeks to all the ids. Most came in when the women should be sleeping. Sent by the agency not the lady. I could read them but to reply would have cost money for each. But it confirmed how bad the site was.  Two of the ids had no picture of the man.  :laugh:                     

Offline Manny

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2009, 01:55:04 PM »
Is this a pay per letter site? So these short random letters are each costing money to receive?

Offline fireeater

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2009, 02:30:31 PM »
Is this a pay per letter site? So these short random letters are each costing money to receive?

Manny looking at the site Single Baltic Women you pay to open each letter you receive. By the way the one women I mentioned in another thread is on this site. That makes 10 now she is listed on that I have now seen over time. Other faces I recognize as well.  Home agency is the one Julia provided as a bad one. My recommendation would be to not use it. Too many "professionals" on this site.  :(   

That one costs 7.25 credits to read her letter. She has 18 friends listed on this site. Not bad for a income from one site. Now add nine more.  :chuckle:

Offline Manny

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2009, 02:54:38 PM »
Call me cynical if you want...........

I can’t communicate with you very often through e-mail.

How about the telephone? I bet she has one of those.

I have only one day a week in the evening when I can write a letter to you for free. But if I want to write you oftener, I should go to the internet café and I don’t have money for that. Do you understand me?

I understand her - "please send money"

Sweetheart, I miss you! I am waiting for our meeting a lot! I wish to be happy together with you!!!!

An email correspondent is not a "sweetheart".

DearPalle!I am In CRIMEA now.I am laying on the beach now, feel crash of waves and breathe fresh air. Its incredible!I and my friend we are going to est something nad come back to our place. Its reall nice weather for suntan. Hope that it will look good on my skin

"Think about me in a bikini and keep opening those letters" - kerching!  :money:

Hello my dear Palle1985!!
Sorry for my long reply!

If these are long, I would hate to see a short one.

I was not in town but now I'm back and I want to talk with you again! I really missed you!]

I spent all my money on my holiday. I need more men opening letters; I earn 10%.

Sweet Brian!

:ROFL:

"Note to self. Buy "The Bat!" - it changes names automatically"

My weekend was nice and I spent it with my granny at the hospital

Granny will soon be sick and need some urgent medication.  :money:

I did not have a chance to talk to my boss, but I will as soon as I return to Sumy.

Keep opening letters meanwhile.

The weather today is so hot and it is probably about 40C. I wear my summer dress, but still it is very hot and stuffy.

::)

It is so good here at the agency, because of the conditioner and I do not want to leave Smile. It is nice to watch the girls who also come here to answer letters from their beloved men Smile. I sincerely hope that they will find happiness and love and they do not waste their time.

"This is an honest agency - honest! And I don't work for them - honest!"

My intuition also tells me that we have already built a solid background for our future relationship and I am not afraid of risking. Every night I have dreams about our future together and they are always so wonderful and sweet and I can not wait when we have a chance to realize all our dreams and fantasies.

This would be great if you had met a couple of times.

Hi, my dear!!! Dear, I am really sorry that I can't meet with you, but you know you are really very nice person and I always appreciate your attention!!!!
I understand you and it is up to you to end our communication or not!!!
I really desire to communicate with you as least something, because I really like you!!!!!

"Don't stop writing. I earn 10%."

Anyone else agree/disagree with my comments?

The only way to flush out the insincerity here is to get each one on the phone and ask your interpreter what he/she thinks about it after you have asked all the right questions.

Where are these questions:

"Tell me about life in Sweden."
"Tell me about............."
"Did you ever............?"
"What is your view on...............?"

Offline Voyager

• Meмber
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2009, 03:25:02 PM »
Call me cynical if you want...........

Manny you are so cynical...  :chuckle:
I do not have any special plans for this weekend, but I plan to meet with my friends and have some pleasant time with them. I wish we could spend all our week days and weekends together!

Read my letters, but I can't meet?

Sorry, Sayonara sister....  :coffeeread:

Offline Palle1985

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2009, 03:58:12 PM »
Thank you so mcuh Manny!

I didn't read it that way but now I see more clearly. It have feelt so strange about everything but I haven't any experience or anything to compare with so I don't know how a "normal" correspondence with a east european grils should be:)

Hahaha  :laugh: well her letters use to be longer I think she meant to write was that she is sorry for her long delay answereing my letter. She have told me she is on practice so I'm a bit confused when she says she was in Crimea:S But this girl I have talked over the phone with and even msn and she have sended me pictures of her and her friends. I now answered her to her e-mail instead and we see if she answere there or on the webpage.

The last girl you comment on I have to explaine something cause maybe it is not fair to just show you that letter. She wants me to contact her on telephone but I said no cause she dosen't speak english and we talked about meeting and she wants to meet in sep but I told her to meet in august. She couldn't and I said something take it or leave it. Why she is so affactionate is maybe because of me cause I. When I joined in to SBL I got many letters and many girls that was affactionate and I thought that that was how things worked whit these girls so I think it was me starting all that.

Here i post that girls first answere to my letter:

Hi, Christoffer!!!!!!!! I want to tell you that you are very attractive man and it will be a great pleasure for me to know you!!!!
Dear, I haven't told that I have travelled a lot, but of course I would like to travel and to find out many things for myself!!! I don't know about Sweden much, can you tell me about it?
It will be also nice to know some things about you and what are your expectations for the future?
I love having family and friends in my life. That’s why it is so important to me to have a family of my own. I am very affectionate, I love romance, and spending all my time with my soul mate. I try to be positive every day and always look at the best in all. I am looking for someone that is happy, honest, loyal, to have fun and to be with affectionate and romantic person.
I am a student and study at the university; I will be the children psychologist. My study I combine with work and I work in the shop, it helps me to be independent. I am very romantic and sensual person and
I can enjoy the simplest moments in life. They are the moments that make life special. Those moments are a walk on the beach in the moonlight, or watching the sunset on the beach or having a pick-nick at the lake shore, or a walk through the forest, or just walking hand in hand through the shopping mall sharing an ice cream. Do you appreciate this? )))
In my free time, I like to do a lot of things, I like to train a lot, I like skiing , bowling and I enjoy meeting with my friends, but of course it will be better to spend time with my beloved man and I hope soon I will meet the man who will be everything for me!!! Maybe I have already met this man!!!)))
What about you? What gives you the best pleasure? What do you enjoy to do best of all? I hope we will have the opportunity to discus many themes with each other and our communication will bring us something special!!!

I send you a tender kiss and I hope I will hear from you very soon!!
Have a great day!!

Voyager, that is two diffrent girls letters:D

Offline Palle1985

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2009, 04:00:14 PM »
I don't think I even need to call them cause there have been som many things about them that didn't feel right and now when you Manny interpreted the letters for me the answere fall down in my lap:D

I got a tip from another person about http://www.uadreams.com/. Is that a good site?

Offline Voyager

• Meмber
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2009, 04:07:59 PM »

Voyager, that is two diffrent girls letters:D

Oops, sorry.

The one who doesn't want to meet is a waste of time certainly though, she just wants to be a {paid} pen-pal

Offline Palle1985

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2009, 04:32:58 PM »
She want's to meet but can't because of her work but maybe I'm too naive again:P

Registration