The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Chat Thread  (Read 14801 times)

Offline Voyager

• Meмber
Chat Thread
« on: July 09, 2009, 05:19:14 AM »
This chat thread is collected off-topic posts from sever threads.

Feel free to chat about anything.  ;D

Offline Wild Orchid

Re: Chat Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 06:24:54 PM »
Just recently i got tourist's visa for my mother for 6 months and I was very happy with the process. Because she is over 70 she had to do medical examination but everything was done quickly and efficiently. We've got her visa within 2 months, I'd say. If she lived in Moscow it could be just 1 month.

Offline alenika

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 09:30:03 PM »
Just recently i got tourist's visa for my mother for 6 months and I was very happy with the process.
Congratulations :-*
I close eyes to see better

Offline Voyager

• Meмber
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 12:40:44 AM »
A question for you, is the process so much different for the Immigration in Georgia than say you brought her from Russia?

I have no experience with the Russian or Ukrainian bureaucracy Sparky but suffice to say Georgian bureaucracy has been a challenge, we've had two false starts.

On the Canadian end I'd say not so different, however, Canada uses it's Turkish Embassy for Georgian requests and although not unique, immigrants from Georgia are a bit off the beaten path presenting it's own set of challenges (intercountry travel, document translation, in some cases x 3, etc.)

Brass

Wowww i would say this false start system is causing you both more grief than you both deserve, do you get given any sort of time line?
Mark

Yes, we have had problems too, we have lost about a year...  :(

Offline sparky114

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 01:29:55 AM »
OK Guys,

Forgive me for being thick here  :-X But how do you lose a year?, I thought i had it bad waiting 6 months to be together  :duh:
Today is only one day in a life of happiness

Mark

Offline Voyager

• Meмber
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 01:48:28 AM »
OK Guys,

Forgive me for being thick here  :-X But how do you lose a year?, I thought i had it bad waiting 6 months to be together  :duh:

I sent some documents to her by courier, registered, "guaranteed delivery" but they got lost as the mail was "compromised" {nicked} Ukraine refused to re-issue the document, so I had to book another trip over there just to get it done. Then it took another 4 months to get her passport issued, and to book an appointment for the medical

It's a long story involving alot of beauraucratic delays & BS....

Offline sparky114

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 05:11:37 AM »
OK Guys,

I sent some documents to her by courier, registered, "guaranteed delivery" but they got lost as the mail was "compromised" {nicked} Ukraine refused to re-issue the document, so I had to book another trip over there just to get it done. Then it took another 4 months to get her passport issued, and to book an appointment for the medical

It's a long story involving alot of beauraucratic delays & BS....

Wow i really feel for you
Today is only one day in a life of happiness

Mark

Offline ECR844

• Searching for the word I will become
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2009, 06:41:22 PM »
YADDA....YADDA.....YADDA..... :-X The secret is that you can be happy, successful, well adjusted and live a wonderful life with an equal partner of your dreams.  :-X Don't tell anyone else though :) :-\ :reading: :biggrin: :popcorn:

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
    • realrussianmatch.com
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2009, 06:51:04 PM »
YADDA....YADDA.....YADDA..... :-X The secret is that you can be happy, successful, well adjusted and live a wonderful life with an equal partner of your dreams.  :-X Don't tell anyone else though :) :-\ :reading: :biggrin: :popcorn:
cool, Eric, looks like we are back to the old vinyl days!  :party0031:

Offline ECR844

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2009, 07:09:56 PM »

Ed, the difference is that some of us are actually are the masters of our domain. Whilst the rest stand idly by and wait for the ladies to decide if they might actually be sponge worthy today. :nod: Nonetheless the dreary dreamers and deluded who have wandered themselves into a forest of delusion will always wait for Rapunzel to grow her hair just a tad bit longer. Carpe Diem

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
    • realrussianmatch.com
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2009, 07:14:44 PM »

Ed, the difference is that some of us are actually are the masters of our domain. Whilst the rest stand idly by and wait for the ladies to decide if they might actually be sponge worthy today. :nod: Nonetheless the dreary dreamers and deluded who have wandered themselves into a forest of delusion will always wait for Rapunzel to grow her hair just a tad bit longer. Carpe Diem
well, that's one of the reasons we are here - help them "see the light"  tiphat

Offline ECR844

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2009, 07:20:51 PM »

well, that's one of the reasons we are here - help them "see the light"  tiphat

I willingly concede the occasionally urbane and suave gentleman from the Everglades (  :) :P )has a stupendous point.

Move along...nothing to see here..Ignore that successful author who jet sets around the FSU and is standing over there behind the curtain, happily getting groped by his beautiful Russka...Nothing to see here you lot of  looky loos, and rubber neckers..

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
    • realrussianmatch.com
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2009, 07:30:36 PM »

well, that's one of the reasons we are here - help them "see the light"  tiphat

I willingly concede the occasionally urbane and suave gentleman from the Everglades (  :) :P )has a stupendous point.

Move along...nothing to see here..Ignore that successful author who jet sets around the FSU and is standing over there behind the curtain, happily getting groped by his beautiful Russka...Nothing to see here you lot of  looky loos, and rubber neckers..
from gatorland to (wherever you are, Eric...where are you anyway?) thanks for my English lesson  tiphat

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2009, 07:44:52 PM »
Well just finished my fine Arganses cigar and working on my thrid oops I mean third Scotch chaser on a lovely balmy 73 degree F New Hampshire summer's night.  I will say now in closing for the evening that I will always much prefer the virtual company and wise experience of the ECRs, Mannys and Eduards here than the opines of the Zons of Zen and SNRs running amok here. (Pun absolutely intended!)

Ed - ECR is a Boston guy and humble hero who saves lives on a daily basis as a SOP.

Cheers and a warm toast to all at RUA and may you all find and enjoy happiness in our chaotic world!

Offline ECR844

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2009, 07:47:17 PM »
At one time I used to
pahhk my cah in hahvad yahd.
The problem is that I broke my
bleepin bumpah
running over the stone pylons those pesky crimson alums so gregariously and yet foolishly funded. After a few hours laughing it up as a guest with the finest civil servants that the peoples republic of Cambridge has to offer I successfully eluded their specious theories that my cranial vault was actually vacuous. Don't worry though, we all had a weecked pissa time! It's been said that a few of us who hail from the gregarious seat of revolutionary privateering fervor can actually tell the difference between one or two lit lanterns on a clear night. We also always enjoy our time and good company in the only known location of a real live molasses flood in North America.  tiphat

:popcorn: :reading: :drunk: :popcorn: :travel:

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2009, 07:51:06 PM »
At one time I used to
pahhk my cah in hahvad yahd.
The problem is that I broke my
bleepin bumpah
running over the stone pylons those pesky crimson alums so gregariously and yet foolishly funded. After a few hours laughing it up as a guest with the finest civil servants that the peoples republic of Cambridge has to offer I successfully eluded their specious theories that my cranial vault was actually vacuous. Don't worry though, we all had a weecked pissa time! It's been said that a few of us who hail from the gregarious seat of revolutionary privateering fervor can actually tell the difference between one or two lit lanterns on a clear night. We also enjoy our time in the only known location of a real live molasses flood in North America.  tiphat

:popcorn: :reading: :drunk: :popcorn: :travel:

Ahh the Rum molasses flood of the old north end - know the story well!!!! Lived not to far from there for a while with an old AW GF just up the hill from the Old North Church - one if by land or two if by sea!  Bloody Redcoats sent one of their Kenyan colonial subjects to school in Honolulu and now his son is our CiC without a clue!

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
    • realrussianmatch.com
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2009, 08:01:17 PM »
Boston! My old stomping ground...met my first AW wife there at college  :biggrin:

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2009, 08:04:04 PM »
Boston! My old stomping ground...met my first AW wife there at college  :biggrin:

I knew there was something about you to like!

Bostonism - "If you are not worth knocking you are not worth knowing!" :smokin:

Ooops time for my forth Scotch chaser on the rocks of course!

Offline ECR844

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2009, 08:11:50 PM »
Boston! My old stomping ground...met my first AW wife there at college  :biggrin:

I knew there was something about you to like!

Bostonism - "If you are not worth knocking you are not worth knowing!" :smokin:

Ooops time for my forth Scotch chaser on the rocks of course!

Ed,

This is what happens when you let a nuke fueled submariner move his fun from the L street tavern which usually ends with a long jaunt enamored and sauntering sunset meanderings around Castle Island only to wind it down with ice cream at the SP Barracks by the beacon of the  Kennedy legacy just off Columbus after being bagged for 'Disorderly' with the 'Old Colony Boys,' and 'Winter Hill Wannbe's,' to the Live Free or Die state.

As you know, there's plenty of secrets and lots of happiness in searching and finding your international mate. But there is no shortage of adventure nor desire to live and make the most of the dream once you get it. The trick is actually realizing whether you're battling the 'Green Moster' or swillin, swinging and having the time of your life living large with a dime at 'Jillians and Boston Beer Works.'

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2009, 09:08:09 PM »
Eric:

One must wonder just how many times we may have crossed paths as my Office at CareGroup was just down the street from BBW at Fenway Park and above Boston Billiards and next to the old Boston Phoenix offices - now completely rebuilt around the old Sears complex with new medical biotech buildings sprouting up all around Fenway and the Longwood medical area - with Cadillac Deval running up Mass State Taxes (now 6.5% Sales) and every fee he can he is a blessing to SoNH and I am proud to be a real Winter Hiller (Loved the old Ottavianos for home made Italian food when they actually owned it but could never take a lady there as the wise guys all had lunch there and big time potty mouths)  Cathy Ottaviano always had some Sicilian Jug Chianti for me to chase the home made fusillis, insalata and grilled sweet Italian sausich!!!!  Thats me Bostons original Oregano Irishman with O's on the beginning and end of my families names!

Deval and his bro Barry as in BHO will be the best thing to ever happen to SoNH and we have three projects waiting funding just in time to take advantage of that fact.  Our business profits taxes are going up a bit and rooms and meals were just extended to campgrounds and they of course are screaming bloody murder but still NO Sales or Internet sales or personal state income taxes in New Hampshire the Switzerland of North Amerikansiya and still one of the top 5 places in the USA to build a business(es) :biggrin:

Offline Manny

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2009, 02:54:58 AM »
I successfully eluded their specious theories that my cranial vault was actually vacuous.

Those rumour mongers........
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline ECR844

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2009, 04:02:42 AM »
I successfully eluded their specious theories that my cranial vault was actually vacuous.

Those rumour mongers........

They do have a pretty active set of camp followers who's chief entertainment is in continuing to function as guano stirrers...Quite a spectacle to see really. That reminds me. It's been awhile since I've taken a drink from a bubblah.

Move along...nothing to see here..Ignore that successful author who jet sets around the FSU and is standing over there behind the curtain, happily getting groped by his beautiful Russka...Nothing to see here you lot of  looky loos, and rubber neckers..

:reading: :nod: :popcorn:

Offline ECR844

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2009, 06:43:35 AM »

One last word of advise.  When traveling do try not to be USA centric.  That is drop the Rush Limbaugh / Hannity lines.  Those views are not widely held in more balanced and mixed cultures. 

This is very true.  I found almost all people in Ukraine to be very much for the new administration in the USA.  There is an attack strand running in one room here at this site, where the Limbaugh brainwashed brethren chant their daily mantras.  Just don't try those mantras in the FSU if you want to win friends.

This is based on the breadth and depth of your experience in this endeavor and garnered over how many trips?

Well, *I* have made " few" trips,  Eric and even "annoyed" you for  suggesting out how many US guys were outta touch with European feelings towards the last administration.... One didn't need to be left of centre ..

Definitely, don't agree that one needs to be guarded as to "feminine side".... as it depends on the lady..

Being "the man" can mean confidence, without the "macho".. ;)

Ahh, so you were using the 'Ponce De Leon,' alias, and nom de guerre to get around the standing ban on "MSMoby," that has been in place at RUA for awhile now. I see that the usual tactics are still being employed by *some*. It was however a valid question to ask. Furthermore there are infact many Americans who are require extensive education on a number of things. However, the same applies to many populaces of the world and as such avoiding generalities would better serve you in the instance where your dealing with a microchasm of specific folks here. Many of these members don't necessarily fit into your preconceived box of generality. 

It does remain interesting that someone who has in the past argued against applying generalities in relation to FSUW, would then turn around and later employ their hypocrisy by applying latent generalities to others.  :popcorn: :reading: :coffeeread:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2009, 06:53:12 AM »

Ahh, so you were using the 'Ponce De Leon,' alias, and nom de guerre to get around the standing ban on "MSMoby," that has been in place at RUA for awhile now. I see that the usual tactics are still being employed by *some*. It was however a valid question to ask. Furthermore there are infact many Americans who are require extensive education on a number of things. However, the same applies to many populaces of the world and as such avoiding generalities would better serve you in the instance where your dealing with a microchasm of specific folks here. Many of these members don't necessarily fit into your preconceived box of generality. 

It does remain interesting that someone who has in the past argued against applying generalities in relation to FSUW, would then turn around and later employ their hypocrisy by applying latent generalities to others.  :popcorn: :reading: :coffeeread:

Dear Eric,

re P de L ..You are barking up the wrong tree, I'm afraid... I'm sure a mod could put you straight.. I made it VERY clear in Feb that I wouldn't post under any aliases..

No denying your Q was valid.. but as we can now see - inexperienced or not - the OP was "spot on" - and infinitely more in tune with the perception of many FSU folk...

Re Generalisations - good point ..but I live and work with FSU folk, remember ?

Now, I'm trying to be nice.. what's your status re your lady?  - before I was "excluded" you were just about to visit her ?

What does SHE think about this?

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline ECR844

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2009, 07:08:19 AM »
re P de L ..You are barking up the wrong tree, I'm afraid... I'm sure a mod could put you straight.. I made it VERY clear in Feb that I wouldn't post under any aliases..

I stand corrected then and apologize as it appears I miscomprehended your post above. After re reading it the issue was on my end and I apologize for my mistake. That being said, you did have a long history of using that very same tactic and one example of such can be seen here:

http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=3110.msg74394#msg74394

Registration