The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Are tattoos for FSU women becoming acceptable ?  (Read 60317 times)

Offline leeholsen

• Houston-NASA, the oil biz+too much country+western
    • Loveland Ski Area
Are tattoos for FSU women becoming acceptable ?
« on: June 09, 2009, 10:41:00 AM »

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to put this in, but I was curious; so I thought I would ask those who know today's FSU woman much better than I do, are tattoos socially acceptable in FSU countries ? 2 of the 3 FSR women I have dated in Houston didn't have them. The third didn't get far enough to find out.  :) But many American women in Houston that I have been out with did.

It's my perception that they have become socially acceptable in the states over the past decade for women to have tattoos. I mean, I know regular churchgoing woman that have tattoos.

Not, that i am against them; but i know that if you get one at 20; at 60 it's not going to look so good. It's more of a long term thinking thing to me.

Just curious.
Eat 'em up Houston Cougars !

Offline alenika

Re: Are tattoos for FSU women becoming acceptable ?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 11:17:36 AM »
I'm not sure if this is the right forum to put this in, but I was curious; so I thought I would ask those who know today's FSU woman much better than I do, are tattoos socially acceptable in FSU countries ? 2 of the 3 FSR women I have dated in Houston didn't have them. The third didn't get far enough to find out.  :) But many American women in Houston that I have been out with did.
Yes, it is more acceptable. That is, if woman has it, nobody will critisize her. It is also in fashion among younger girls. Even here in Georgia girls have tatooes. Only few of them of course, but it is not seen as something bad, if someone has one of them.
I also heard there are temporary tatoos - for 2-3 years, that they disappear with time passing.
I close eyes to see better

Offline Wild Orchid

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 10:13:32 PM »
They are not as popular as among Western women but more and more girls getting them or think about getting them.

I never saw a tattoo that I liked and wanted to get one for myself. Seeing women older than me  with them puts me right off.

Offline Ward_Cleaver

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 10:58:39 PM »
Not, that i am against them

I hate tattoos.  Especially on women.  They look horrible.  I'm can't wait for the day when they fall out of style and the young people stop getting them.  Then it will become an "old person" thing.  Oh yeah! :party0031: And all of these non-thinking shit head punk kids will look even more like the dumb asses that they are.

Offline sparky114

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 12:48:14 AM »
Not, that i am against them

I hate tattoos.  Especially on women.  They look horrible.  I'm can't wait for the day when they fall out of style and the young people stop getting them.  Then it will become an "old person" thing.  Oh yeah! :party0031: And all of these non-thinking shit head punk kids will look even more like the dumb asses that they are.

Wow Ward something you feel strongly about?  ;D
Today is only one day in a life of happiness

Mark

Offline Ward_Cleaver

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 07:53:50 AM »
Wow Ward something you feel strongly about?  ;D

Do ya think? Call me old fashioned but I don't think women should like like this:

I picked those two examples because they are actually pretty girls who have mutilated themselves to fit in with freaks like this:

Offline Paul

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 08:06:51 AM »
Ah, there is nothing like a cup of coffee and pictures of self-mutilation to get the day going  :coffeeread:

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 08:24:15 AM »
Cosmetic issues aside, the skin is the body's "first line of defense" against infection. Punching thousands of holes in it may not be the best thing to do in terms of infectious diseases, especially HCV.

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 09:04:24 AM »
I think they are gaining popularity. Like most bad ideas
they travel fast among the younger crowd who want to
carve out a niche for themselves.

I think it has reached it's peak and it will go the way
of the mullet but don't worry something else equally
obnoxious will replace it.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline Jared2151

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 09:17:42 AM »

It used to be that you had to go to the circus to see stuff like that.

Offline kievstar

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2009, 10:02:38 AM »
Many RW get tattoos.  But they get lip tattoos.  This is very popular in Ukraine.  Problem is many infected needles are used or done poorly. 

Also, eyebrow tattoos are getting somewhat popular for RW which just makes them ugly.  Women just look ugly with eyebrow tattoos.

For RW under 25 years body tattoos are getting popular.

Offline Wild Orchid

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2009, 05:56:01 PM »
it is called Cosmetic tattooing

Offline rhayes026

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2009, 07:46:44 PM »
Call me narrow minded, but I will not date women with tattoos. Or body piercings for that matter. To me, as Paul put it, it is self mutilation.   :fighting0025:

EDIT: Hopefully women my age (43-57) won't have them......
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.---Benjamin Franklin

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2009, 08:29:28 PM »
The one promise I kept to my mother when I joined the Navy years ago was to never get any tatoos - she was convinced that like "666" they were the mark of Satan.  Well Satan has pretty much left me alone but a few of his minions made my 3HC list.

What I am really grateful for is that the tatoos that everyone was getting in the cheesy Navy town dive tatoo parlors then would be considered hideous with todays technology where they can now do a photo realistic tattoo of a loved one.

The style then would be considered hideous today - and I am sure the kids getting them today thinking its kool will be praying for a new laser removal technology that does not leave a blotchy outline of the tattoos they are getting today.

Tattoos seem to be all the rage with the ladies at the local Gentlemens clubs - ironically its the ones with pure white skin who seem to command the most attention now because they are the only ones who can conjure up the innocent girl fantasies that men seem willing to pay for!

Offline Wild Orchid

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2009, 08:53:21 PM »
relatively new type of tattoo, it is just gut wrenching

follow the link if you are  brave enough http://www.andiamnotlying.com/2006/scar-tattooing-a-whole-new-kind-of-nasty/

Offline Ward_Cleaver

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2009, 10:51:37 PM »

Offline Rasputin

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2009, 10:58:08 PM »
I followed the link. :rolleye0009:  :( :sick0012: I wish I wouldn't have.

Ditto  :scared0005:  :o  :hidechair:

What is it with these young women and men? I just don't get it.
"Seems I live in Russia Rasputin visited" - Millaa
"So do I" - Molly35ru

Offline leeholsen

• Houston-NASA, the oil biz+too much country+western
    • Loveland Ski Area
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2009, 11:53:17 PM »

rhayes, i think youre okay, but i have been more than suprised at the amount of AW under 35 that have them. i know its been a rising trend in the states over the past 10-15 years. that's why i asked.

and ward, for pete sake i was just asking a question; i didnt need the visuals !  :sick0012: - i gotta head over to HRB for a while to recover now.  :)
Eat 'em up Houston Cougars !

Offline chivo

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2009, 06:09:43 AM »
I think while tattoos have become somewhat more popular in Russia, they will never be on the same scale as America in both the quantity of women who have them, nor in the amount/size of the tattoos themselves.

Over the years I have seen an increase in the number of (mostly) young women with tattoos, but really nothing that significant. The majority of the women who do have them usually have tattoos that are small in size, unlike their American sisters who have tattoos the size of billboards.

Most RW I know, and the vast majority of RW I see at any age, still respect themselves and their bodies too much to get them.

chivo

Offline alenika

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2009, 06:35:27 AM »
Over the years I have seen an increase in the number of (mostly) young women with tattoos, but really nothing that significant. The majority of the women who do have them usually have tattoos that are small in size...
Yes, exactly, I never seen big tatoo. Only little one on a shoulder and a couple of time little ones on waist on back.
I close eyes to see better

Offline rhayes026

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2009, 06:36:16 AM »
follow the link if you brave enough http://www.andiamnotlying.com/2006/scar-tattooing-a-whole-new-kind-of-nasty/

Thanks for the warning Ward, I  will leave the link alone! -Robert
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.---Benjamin Franklin

Offline Ward_Cleaver

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2009, 06:57:41 AM »
and ward, for pete sake i was just asking a question; i didnt need the visuals !  :sick0012:

:evilgrin0002: then don't go here:

follow the link if you brave enough http://www.andiamnotlying.com/2006/scar-tattooing-a-whole-new-kind-of-nasty/

Offline khelkhov

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2009, 07:36:11 AM »

Ditto  :scared0005:  :o  :hidechair:

What is it with these young women and men? I just don't get it.

I second that...  :scared0005:  :scared0005:  :o  :o  :rolleye0009:   :rolleye0009:  :sick0012:   :sick0012:       

I think that it's just for vanity and wanting to look like a "cool dude!"  Also, I think it may be the peer pressure...  Well, it's just those immature and insecure teenagers wanting to the reach a very new level of stupidity.     

Sorry...  Watching girls in their bikini outfits with tattoos right above their popka are very repulsive, not attractive at all...  I'd opt for reading books or doing some creative projects.   :coffeeread:

Offline mirror

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2009, 09:03:28 AM »
Some tatoos can be very funny like this one:

Offline mirror

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2009, 09:05:20 AM »
...some our girls make tatoos like that:

Registration