The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: No visa required  (Read 67051 times)

Offline Donhollio

Re: No visa required
« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2011, 05:38:46 PM »
   Censu I had a quick look and this is about as close to Mendy's map that I could find.  Uzbek's are allowed visa free into a couple of dozen countries... thats it.    And oooow what a awesome collection they are!  :chuckle: 
 She's good to go in Thailand for 15 days, any longer than she needs to do the visa form fillout BS much like we do when going to Russia for example.

For Uzbekistan..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requirements_for_Uzbekistani_citizens

Whereas for Canadians..
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e9/CanadaVisaFree.PNG

For those holding a UK passport..
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/aa/BritishVisaFree.png

For the Americans..
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/cb/USVisaFreeMap.PNG

For the Australlians..
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f3/AustraliaVisaFree.PNG

If you want to see the countries by name and what allowances you're allowed just do a  search for
  visa requirements for and enter the country you want.

For Russians..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Russian_visa_requirements.png

Russians are allowed into 95 countries.

For Ukrainians..
 http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e0/Ukrainian_VF_and_VOA.png

For Belarusians..
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4c/BelarusianPassportVisaFree.png

I have to say they fair worse off than Uzbek's.

I'd post the maps but I have no time right now, though others are more than welcome to do so.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #76 on: October 15, 2011, 08:33:46 AM »
The Delta tool shows that Wifey should be allowed into the Rep of Ireland without a visa - as she is a family member of an EU Citizen with permission to reside in the Uk

BUT the Irish still ( illegally - as it contradicts an EU Directive)  say, " I am the family member of an EU national and resident in the UK: do I need a visa to travel to Ireland?

Yes. 

This most hilarious part is that Belarus, Russian, Ukrainian can actually travel visa free to the Republic - as part of a short stay visa waiver programme until Oct 2012..

So some of you Americans that THINK you're Oirish can invite your FSU g/f's to Ireland to see 'the old country !! .. There you go Ed/Jack - a new tour is possible !!

Sorry Ireland, but Delta know the rules better than your govts' Embassy Web sites  :chuckle:

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline ECR844

• Searching for the word I will become
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #77 on: October 15, 2011, 09:26:04 AM »
Moby,

Your post above is misleading. The Irish INS website actually states the following;

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP11000005

The Short-stay Visa Waiver Programme

Information Note

The Short-stay Visa Waiver Programme was announced by the Government as part of its Jobs Initiative with a view to promoting tourism from emerging markets. It commenced on 1 July 2011. The programme will run as a pilot up to end October 2012 but may be amended or expanded at any point depending on experience of the pilot.

The main points of the programme are:

Holders of UK "general visas" will be able to travel to Ireland within the period of validity of that visa without the requirement to obtain a separate Irish visa. The period of validity of such a visa is 180 days but the maximum stay in Ireland will be 90 days or to the end of the period of validity of the visa, whichever is the shorter. It should be stressed that the need for a visa to visit Ireland is not eliminated by this programme.  Visitors from visa-required countries will still require an Irish visa (for direct travel to Ireland) or a UK visa (for travel to Ireland via the UK). What is eliminated by this programme is the need to have both an Irish and UK visa when visiting Ireland via the UK.

The person travelling will be required to land in and have gained lawful entry to the UK, on foot of the current visa, prior to travel to Ireland. Lawful entry will be attested by the appropriate entry stamp of the UK Border Agency. Therefore, transit passengers through the UK to Ireland, who do not pass through immigration in the UK, will still require an Irish visa. There is no minimum length of stay in the UK required before travel to Ireland.

The persons travelling to Ireland under the programme will be treated at their Irish port of entry just as they would have been previously if arriving with an Irish visa i.e. their passport will be further stamped by immigration officers at the Irish port of entry with an entry stamp and a date until which the visitor is allowed to stay. Visitors will have to satisfy immigration officers as to the purpose of their visit in the normal way.

A person may return to Ireland within the period of validity of the UK visa but will not be able to stay in Ireland for more than 90 days in any one visit. As above, the immigration officer at port of entry has the ultimate decision on the length of stay.

In relation to persons travelling between Ireland and Northern Ireland, the following scenarios will apply:

If arriving in Ireland and then travelling to Northern Ireland, both an Irish and UK visa will be required, as is the case at present

If arriving in Northern Ireland and travelling to Ireland, the visa waiver programme will apply and only a UK visa will be required

If arriving in Ireland, travelling to Northern Ireland and then returning to Ireland, both an Irish and UK visa will be required but the UK visa will be accepted under the programme for the return visit

If arriving in Northern Ireland, travelling to Ireland and then returning to Northern Ireland, the visa waiver programme will apply to the visit to Ireland but the appropriate UK visa will be required to allow a second entry into Northern Ireland. The person may travel out of the Common Travel Area from either Ireland or the UK but this must happen before the expiry of the stamp issued by the immigration officer on arrival in Ireland (if leaving from Ireland) or the expiration of the UK visa (if leaving from the UK).

"General visas" cover short-term tourist and business visitors. Other types of visa, for example transit visas, long-term student visas, join spouse or family reunification visas, are not encompassed.

Nationals of the following countries are proposed for inclusion in the programme:

Eastern Europe: Belarus, Montenegro, Russian Federation, Serbia, Turkey and Ukraine
    Middle East: Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates
    Other Asian: India, Kazakhstan, Peoples Republic of China , Uzbekistan

Only passport holders of those countries are included in the scheme. Long-term residents in those countries, who are not nationals of that country, are not covered.  Arrangements are being made for holders of diplomatic and special passports from Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates, who are visa exempt for the UK, to be included in the programme.

Nationals of the countries above, who are long-term legal residents in the UK, will still require an Irish visa but will have the visa fee waived as part of the programme.

In short if your FSU honey has a visa to enter Britain then a separate visa for Ireland is not needed. If traveling direct to Ireland then a visa will still be needed.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #78 on: October 15, 2011, 11:12:31 AM »
Two howlers in one day, Eric ...

Pay attention, please !

1/ http://www.embassyofireland.co.uk/home/index.aspx?id=49653

"A separate visa is required for holders of UK visas who wish to travel to the Republic of Ireland, including UK visa holders resident in Northern Ireland.   You should not attempt to travel to Ireland from any part of Great Britain and Northern Ireland without a valid Irish visa.  If you attempt to do so, you may be stopped on arrival, refused entry and/or have a visa warning entered on your passport.

Holders of UK travel documents require a visa to travel to Ireland."

2/ As I said, wifey has an EU based visa...

http://www.embassyofireland.co.uk/home/index.aspx?id=75477#FAQ5
I posted the Q and A in the post you foolishly 'contest'

3/ From the EU Directive - a must comply - if a national law conflicts..

http://ec.europa.eu/justice/citizen/files/guide_2004_38_ec_en.pdf

Residence card
= no visa
Possession of the valid residence card issued by any Member State
exempts the family members from the visa requirement in all
Member States

You picked the WRONG member to 'correct' in this sphere, Eric...   :chuckle:

Offline ECR844

« Reply #79 on: October 15, 2011, 12:21:08 PM »
Two howlers in one day, Eric ...

Pay attention, please !

You picked the WRONG member to 'correct' in this sphere, Eric...   :chuckle:

You must have missed this part...
"General visas" cover short-term tourist and business visitors. Other types of visa, for example transit visas, long-term student visas, join spouse or family reunification visas, are not encompassed.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2011, 11:50:34 PM »
Nope,...

STILL not paying attention, Eric ?!

*I* am referring to IRL's non compliant attitude to visiting short-term ( tourist) when one has a VISA requiring passport, BUT  Residency in another EEA/ EU nation - based on being the dependent on a third EU Country citizen - NEGATES that requirement..

Offline ECR844

« Reply #81 on: October 16, 2011, 12:04:35 AM »
*****Warning****

**Warning**

'MSMOBY' purported and probable Howl....Howl.....Howler ALERT to follow :ROFL:

Nope,...

STILL not paying attention, Eric ?!

*I* am referring to IRL's non compliant attitude to visiting short-term ( tourist) when one has a VISA requiring passport, BUT  Residency in another EEA/ EU nation - based on being the dependent on a third EU Country citizen - NEGATES that requirement..

I am paying attention. Color me uncaring for your antics and attempts to play self elected referee and or decision maker as to what you imagine I or anyone else may or may not do or post. Fact of the matter is your knowledge of my or anyone's comprehension of anything is non-existent.

The fact is for a general average tourist what I posted is accurate. Additionally  you originally posted

This most hilarious part is that Belarus, Russian, Ukrainian can actually travel visa free to the Republic - as part of a short stay visa waiver programme until Oct 2012..

So some of you Americans that THINK you're Oirish can invite your FSU g/f's to Ireland to see 'the old country !! ..

This statement was in fact a bit disingenuous as I have previously posted above.

Whether the Irish decide to thumb their noses at you, your wife, or various other laws that's their business. They have a court system for you to engage your energies in and take them to task for doing so if you'd like. I'm sure they'll appreciate the opportunity to engage you with your self aggrandizing and superior knowledge of the 'law' of their land.

Though it is more than likely they decided that your wife as she has a permission to live there in a 'long term or residence' style visa falls into the 'other' category not outlined in the VWP they are running. Capice?

'Up and at'em' cowboy! 'Git'er done'   tiphat :thumbsup: :king:

'MSMOBY' post Howl Howl.....Howler is now finished alert

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #82 on: October 16, 2011, 02:16:49 AM »
Whether the Irish decide to thumb their noses at you, your wife, or various other laws that's their business. They have a court system for you to engage your energies in and take them to task for doing so if you'd like. I'm sure they'll appreciate the opportunity to engage you with your self aggrandizing and superior knowledge of the 'law' of their land.

'Thanks' - again, Eric, for demonstrating how ignorant you are of how it works, as to when a national law of an EU member state  is in conflict with an EU Directive ... :dh: [ HINT - you've already had in spoon-fed] .. We can [ and have ]  just tipped up and the border and challenged them to stop us.. armed with a wad of correspondence..  and entered [ before the Visa waiver prog]

Though it is more than likely they decided that your wife as she has a permission to live there in a 'long term or residence' style visa falls into the 'other' category not outlined in the VWP they are running. Capice?

It is FACT that you simply can't read SPECIFIC quotes from the Irish Embassy and EU web sites that render your 'observation' as 'silly'   :'(

Here's a simple resume..

I raised the inconsistency... I raised that it isn't even important - due to the current  visa waiver prog from citizens of RU, / BY / UA...

YOU typed - without engaging your brain - and simply compounded your STUPIDITY.. :(

'Sorry', Eric .. this simply isn't your field of expertise...

I've battled Cyprus, UK, Spain, France, Germany and Ireland re non compliance on this Directive - and Veta can travel ANYWHERE in Europe sans national Visa for any EU /EEA nation ..

Offline ECR844

« Reply #83 on: October 16, 2011, 03:49:30 AM »
Moby,

Rather than expel the usual diarrhea of the mouth you occasionally have a habit of expelling here. Why don't you share your method for circumventing such situations as it would be infinitely more helpful than your self-aggrandizing.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #84 on: October 16, 2011, 03:57:18 AM »
Moby,

Rather than expel the usual diarrhea of the mouth you occasionally have a habit of expelling here. Why don't you share your method for circumventing such situations as it would be infinitely more helpful than your self-aggrandizing.

Eric,

the difference being my ' Diarrhea ' was factually, and contextually correct.. You can't counter with a reasoned, relevant riposte ...you're simply making 'noise' .. :coffeeread:

Registration