The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: No visa required  (Read 67055 times)

Offline WestCoast

Re: No visa required
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2009, 01:38:48 PM »
According to the link below only the citizens of the following countries can enter the DR without a visa or tourist card:

Citizens of the following countries DO NOT need a Dominican Republic visa nor a Tourist Card: Argentina, Chile, South Korea, Ecuador, Iceland, Israel, Japan, Peru, Liechtenstein, Uruguay.

http://dominican-republic.visahq.com/requirements/Canada/
andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

That means I'm a subject matter expert on all things Russia, Ukraine and UK.

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2009, 01:43:27 PM »
According to the link below only the citizens of the following countries can enter the DR without a visa or tourist card:

Citizens of the following countries DO NOT need a Dominican Republic visa nor a Tourist Card: Argentina, Chile, South Korea, Ecuador, Iceland, Israel, Japan, Peru, Liechtenstein, Uruguay.

http://dominican-republic.visahq.com/requirements/Canada/

OK, I stand corrected.  Picky, picky, picky.

Probably my observation was a bit tainted because there weren't any people from those few countries that were trying to get into the Dominican Republic when our airplane arrived.  But you damn sure need a $10 tourist card if you are from Russia or Ukraine. 
"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun" - Katharine Hepburn

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2009, 04:18:51 PM »
Quote from: Mendy
46 Malta (WC) (Thanks Manny--Malta now part of Schengen visa zone)

It should be off the "visa at the airport" list. It must be applied for in advance as with any Schengen visa. We have been to Malta several times. There is no doubt about this.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline mendeleyev

« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2009, 08:51:13 PM »
Thanks SS and Manny, changes made. 

This list was written in lemon juice and can only be read under direct light. Please incinerate after reading.

However this thread, including the list, will be available in the Travel section after it is moved in a couple of days.  :chuckle:

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2009, 06:27:21 PM »
Just curious which location(s) offers the best value for the US Dollar at present (Remembering fondly the 1000 Mexican Pesos to the Dollar in 1987 and 3000 Mexican Pesos to the Dollar in 1989)  when you got away from the US Dollar priced resorts (Zonas Touristicas) you could live like a king on just a few dollars per day!

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2009, 03:59:27 AM »
I would have never gotten Suriname,.. for some reason young people like to use it as a fake location for their residence. 

Be very careful with that country. If you land in Schiphol, Amsterdam claiming to come from Suriname there is a huge chance you will get your luggage checked and even a full body search if they don't trust you.

One of the people in my team goes there regularly on Vacation and he gets checked EVERY time... Its even been on the Dutch news as people from Suriname think its insulting and degrading.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2009, 05:27:03 AM »
I would have never gotten Suriname,.. for some reason young people like to use it as a fake location for their residence. 

Be very careful with that country. If you land in Schiphol, Amsterdam claiming to come from Suriname there is a huge chance you will get your luggage checked and even a full body search if they don't trust you.

One of the people in my team goes there regularly on Vacation and he gets checked EVERY time... Its even been on the Dutch news as people from Suriname think its insulting and degrading.

Fabian 'Daffy' DeFreitas was from Suriname I think - former Bolton Wanderers striker known to us supports as being 'crap'

He saved our bacon tho in the Second division Play off Final in 1995 at Wembley, 2-0 down after 12mins, penalty against us before half time, saved, game changed, fans roused the team. 75 mins Owen Coyle (now Burnley Manager) made it 1-2, then Daffy in the last minute made it 2-2. I will never forget that moment as long as I live, we knew we'd win it then. I was at the game of course, as I did every game back then.

And here's us returning after the game, worn out and emaciated, going for a drink and fighting some bouncers...

O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline Voyager

• Meмber
« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2009, 12:26:18 PM »
I'm sorry,,, but once you have completed the K-1 process, and have your 'lady love' on track to USA citizenship, why would you want to visit, or even be concerned with,  99.9999% of these slimy, dismal, dreadful, stinky little countries?  Like,,, who would ever want to go to Pakistan?

Because not everyone on the forum is from the USA?  ::)

And we don't have a "K-1" nor any equivilent

I am on vacation AT THIS VERY MOMENT in one of these countries, as we still have about another 6 months to wait for a Canadian visa, and we want to take a holiday together. {slimy, dismal, dreadful, stinky little countries} Well not exactly, we are in Byzantium....

She has been to just about everywhere in Crimea, and would much rather travel to somewhere else than drive around Ukraine.

Russia/FSU? No go, as I need a visa and don't have time to wait for one.

I don't need a visa for Rumania but SHE does.

Our other  preferred options would be Cyprus, Egypt or Malta, but Malta is out now too, as Manny noted 

Offline mendeleyev

« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2009, 12:43:31 PM »
we are in Byzantium....

....and Mendeleyev is jealous as he'd love to visit some of the old churches (now museums) and the mosques which used to be churches!  Have a great time, Voyager.  tiphat

Offline Voyager

• Meмber
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2009, 01:52:53 AM »
we are in Byzantium....

....and Mendeleyev is jealous as he'd love to visit some of the old churches (now museums) and the mosques which used to be churches!  Have a great time, Voyager.  tiphat

Thanks! Юлия говорит здравствулте!! ! Одно из нас хочет увидеть исторические места в Бизант  tiphat, одном из нас хочет пойти ходить по магазинам на Bazzar… ;)   :knit:

Offline mendeleyev

« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2009, 02:19:27 AM »
Юлия говорит здравствулте!! ! Одно из нас хочет увидеть исторические места в Бизант  , одном из нас хочет пойти ходить по магазинам на Bazzar…

And a big hello to your lovely Yulia also! Okay, one of you wants to see the historical sites and the other wants to go shopping at the Bazzar?

Hmm, wonder who is going to win?!   tiphat    :chuckle:

Don't get overloaded carrying all those shopping bags!  :chuckle:

Offline Voyager

• Meмber
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2009, 03:34:15 PM »
Юлия говорит здравствулте!! ! Одно из нас хочет увидеть исторические места в Бизант  , одном из нас хочет пойти ходить по магазинам на Bazzar…

And a big hello to your lovely Yulia also! Okay, one of you wants to see the historical sites and the other wants to go shopping at the Bazzar?

Hmm, wonder who is going to win?!   tiphat    :chuckle:

Don't get overloaded carrying all those shopping bags!  :chuckle:

:chuckle:
As it turns out, the city is almost one huge continuous Bazzar...   :money:

And she is surprised that most speak Russian & can instantly identify her as Russian.  ???

Devoshka! Pa-smatritiy pajalista!  :o

Offline mendeleyev

« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2010, 08:14:00 PM »
Note: there is now more current information and a very handy tool to discover where, or where not, a Visa is required. Please use the info found here: http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=7164.0

Offline Voyager

• Meмber
« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2010, 09:51:57 PM »
There are countries where she needs no visa and countries where it's easily obtainable upon arrival. 

без визы (without visa):
1 Abhhazia (Voyager: Disputed breakaway Republic from Georgia.)
2 Azerbijan (Paul)
3 Armenia (Paul)
4 Belarus (Paul)
5 Kazakhstan (West Coast!...hereafter WC)
6 кыргызстан or Kyrgyzstan (WC) 
7 молдова or Moldova (WC)
8 Tajikstan (WC)
9 Uzbekistan (WC)
10 Ukraine (Paul)
11 South Ossetia (Voyager: South is "Yuzhnаya" or Южная in Russian, Georgian disputed province.)
12 Antigua & Barbuda (Paul)
13 Aruba (Paul)
14 Barbados (Paul)
15 Brazil (rhayes!)
16 Bosnia & Herzegovina (Paul)
17 Vietnam (rhayes)
18 Grenada (Paul)
19 Israel (Paul)
20 Cuba (Markje)
21 Macadonia (Paul)
22 Malaysia (WC)
23 Namibia (WC)
24 Peru (WC)
25 Saint Vincent (Voyager)
26 Serbia (Markje)
27 Dominican Republic (Paul) (SS thanks, moved to visa at the airport)
28 Thailand (WC)
29 Croatia (Voyager: sounds like 'Horvatia' in Russian.)
30 Montenegro (Voyager: Чeрнoгория is "Black Mountains" in Russian, translates to "Montenegro.")
31 Sri Lanka (Markje)
32 Ecuador (WC)
33 Venezula (Voyager)

No visa/not on above list and map
A- Haiti
B- South Korea (15 days max for Russian/90 days for American/Canadian citizens)

I've just been looking over this map, it would seem that Central/Latin American countries have been dropping visa restrictions. Mexico no longer requires a tourist visa for RW/UW, and Guatemala has dropped the requirement as well

Offline mendeleyev

« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2010, 11:12:51 PM »
Here is that VISA TOOL that another member posted. It's a very handy tool and more up to date: https://www.delta.com/planning_reservations/plan_flight/international_travel_information/visa_passport_information/

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2010, 12:58:33 AM »
Just to add that Cyprus ( Republic of ) is in the EU, but INCREDIBLY easy to get a Visa - cost for Russians often free - sorry not other FSU states- but it is not expensive [ 10 euros]  - what will clinch it is to enclose an "assumption of responsibility" form with the application - from you - the 'sponsor' .. http://tinyurl.com/32kv2hf

Visa info and  application form ( first line)  here: http://www.cyprusvisa.eu/cyprus-short-stay-visa-requirements.html

It is a good stepping stone to get a Schengen Visa  

There is  another nation NOT on the map - as it is another that isn't recognised by the UN... the "Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus" - UA/ RU  citizens can buy a Visa at the airport - like Turkey.
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline BURNT

« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2010, 12:12:44 PM »
A place that is not on the list but is a good place to meet rw is indo/bali. visa at airport

Offline soyoukan

• andy wright online
  • Spouses Country: UK
« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2011, 01:54:32 AM »
Just to add that Cyprus ( Republic of ) is in the EU, but INCREDIBLY easy to get a Visa - cost for Russians often free - sorry not other FSU states- but it is not expensive [ 10 euros]  - what will clinch it is to enclose an "assumption of responsibility" form with the application - from you - the 'sponsor' .. http://tinyurl.com/32kv2hf

Visa info and  application form ( first line)  here: http://www.cyprusvisa.eu/cyprus-short-stay-visa-requirements.html

There is  another nation NOT on the map - as it is another that isn't recognised by the UN... the "Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus" - UA/ RU  citizens can buy a Visa at the airport - like Turkey.

sorry, just explain to a thicko how this works for a ukrainian citizen.  they download and fill in the form. send to cyprus with necessary documents/copies of.  wait for visa return.  fly to cyprus from our destinations (eg uk and ukraine) and meet up at airport.  how does the "assumption" thing work?    would it be easier to go to northern cyprus, i can go with no restrictions plus i have friends there already, and they can get the visa at the airport??

Offline nicknick

« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2011, 02:49:35 AM »

Visa info and  application form ( first line)  here: http://www.cyprusvisa.eu/cyprus-short-stay-visa-requirements.html

There is  another nation NOT on the map - as it is another that isn't recognised by the UN... the "Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus" - UA/ RU  citizens can buy a Visa at the airport - like Turkey.

sorry, just explain to a thicko how this works for a ukrainian citizen.  they download and fill in the form. send to cyprus with necessary documents/copies of.  wait for visa return.  fly to cyprus from our destinations (eg uk and ukraine) and meet up at airport.  how does the "assumption" thing work?    would it be easier to go to northern cyprus, i can go with no restrictions plus i have friends there already, and they can get the visa at the airport??

The application form isn't sent to Cyprus, she takes it to the Cypriot consulate. 

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2011, 03:10:06 AM »

Hi Soyoukan

Ukrainians citizens don't get RoC visas for free and all applicants have to send the Visa application, together with the non Visa national's ( someone NOT needing a Visa - normally but not exclusive to EU Citizens) Assumption of Responsibility Form to the relevant local Embassy / Consulate of the RoC

As you state, the 'TRNC' ( 'Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus') don't require a Visa - it is obtainable on entry..

The 'TRNC' is NOT a recognised country ( other than by Turkey) so any FSU passport holder will be somewhat restricted in exploring the whole of the island - as you'll have entered via an illegal port of entry - according to UN / EU and Rep of Cyprus regulations..

I have friends there, too and I know some folks that went there, recently and had a great time...

UK advice for travel to Cyprus

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/travel-advice-by-country/europe/cyprus

Would I be correct in guessing you're of Turkish / Turkish Cypriot origin ?

Offline soyoukan

• andy wright online
  • Spouses Country: UK
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2011, 11:58:56 AM »

I am english! ;)

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2011, 12:41:35 PM »

I am english! ;)

LOL - Classic - now why would someone's ethnicity be of importance to our Orange Irish Brit?

Offline Vinnvinny

« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2011, 12:47:42 PM »

I am english! ;)

LOL - Classic - now why would someone's ethnicity be of importance to our Orange Irish Brit?

I thought it was an odd question to ask in the first place ....

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2011, 03:44:05 PM »
I am english! ;)

:D I will change MY handle to 'Soiwaswaywrong'...   a CLEAR example of an ASSumption  :-[

Offline censu

• Fortune favors the bold!
  • Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2011, 04:24:26 PM »
This is very useful information. Is there anywhere the information is more current, maybe new sites or tools?

Thanks

C

Registration