The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Post a Photo of Your Lenin !  (Read 63034 times)

Offline tfcrew

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1-5
Re: Post a Photo of Your Lenin !
« Reply #75 on: May 13, 2017, 01:15:49 PM »
A lot of pics and links have disappeared over the months.
Another picture of Linen...

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #76 on: May 13, 2017, 03:29:27 PM »
A lot of pics and links have disappeared over the months.
Another picture of Linen...

I suspect some are stalin.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Jerash

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #77 on: May 13, 2017, 07:28:21 PM »
(Attachment Link)
(foto: sirenevenka.livejournal)

Just to give you some perspective, a normal person standing on the ground would be at about the height of those first two stone levels. Those trees are tall, also giving you additional perspective. See the #2 photos for tree level.)

At one time there was an identical pedestal with a statue of Stalin alongside Mr. Lenin. That was removed during a period of "De-Stalinazation" after his death.

Just saying, for all the posters imagining Stalin statues everywhere throughout the FSU....

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2017, 10:44:34 PM »
(Attachment Link)

Just to give you some perspective, a normal person standing on the ground would be at about the height of those first two stone levels. Those trees are tall, also giving you additional perspective. See the #2 photos for tree level.)

At one time there was an identical pedestal with a statue of Stalin alongside Mr. Lenin. That was removed during a period of "De-Stalinazation" after his death.

Just saying, for all the posters imagining Stalin statues everywhere throughout the FSU....

Here's Stalin in a photo I took in Moscow back in 2015...

O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2017, 12:48:48 AM »
(Attachment Link)

Just saying, for all the posters imagining there are no Stalin statues in the FSU....

Offline Jerash

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #80 on: May 15, 2017, 02:46:40 AM »
(Attachment Link)

Just saying, for all the posters imagining there are no Stalin statues in the FSU....

Ah, excellent! I went to the Communist Statue graveyard in 1999, but I wasn't sure if it was still around. I'll have to go check it out again!

In Moscow, they made a little outdoor museum of statues from Communism that had been pulled down, such as the Stalin bust seen here.

Offline Tom Cat

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2017, 06:18:45 PM »
10 photos of Vladimir Lenin you’ve probably never seen before

https://www.rbth.com/history/326386-10-photos-of-vladimir-lenin
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2017, 01:29:43 AM »
10 photos of Vladimir Lenin you’ve probably never seen before

https://www.rbth.com/history/326386-10-photos-of-vladimir-lenin

It looks like Lenin was an accomplished chess player, or his opponent knew it was better to lose.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot