The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: My Next Adventure in Ukraine!  (Read 156670 times)

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
  • Trips: 20+
Re: My Next Adventure in Ukraine!
« Reply #725 on: April 02, 2019, 01:40:23 AM »
Just a little update, it's been so long!  we celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary last week, our daughter who many of you have met, who was nearly 8 years old when she came to the UK, is now nearly 19 and about to finish her first year at University. I am semi retired now (allegedly)  but business and property interests still taking up a lot of my time, hope that will change this year,  however, not so much that it prevents us from travelling at will! which we do 5 / 6 times a year, so what started out as a bit speculative 12+ years ago has turned out into one of the best moves of my life.

Good to see there are still plenty of others around doing well and enjoying long marriages.  tiphat

Congratulations are in order........to both of you plus also to the daughter! :thumbsup:

Ours is on 14 June and due to her work commitments.... she will get an early celebration on the 21 April for 10 days tour to Corfu and my home town at NW of Greece.

Next August she will visit mama, Rodina, Our flat and family......... baboushka still refuse to travel  :(

Having stopped smoking for 7 months now..... I save a lot of money  but travelling to Corfu again in July......for a wedding.......I will have to wait for October November to travel again in Spain....or Menorca.

Well my old body needs some winter sunshine......!

:)

Thanks Wiz, and congratulations to yours for June, but more importantly, well done for giving up that disgusting habit, hope it continues  :)

Слава Україні

Offline Chris

« Reply #726 on: April 02, 2019, 01:42:05 AM »
Just a little update, it's been so long!  we celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary last week, our daughter who many of you have met, who was nearly 8 years old when she came to the UK, is now nearly 19 and about to finish her first year at University. I am semi retired now (allegedly)  but business and property interests still taking up a lot of my time, hope that will change this year,  however, not so much that it prevents us from travelling at will! which we do 5 / 6 times a year, so what started out as a bit speculative 12+ years ago has turned out into one of the best moves of my life.

Good to see there are still plenty of others around doing well and enjoying long marriages.  tiphat

Congratulations, to you all on your respective achievements

My step-son made it to Oxford, got a good degree and job and his UK Citizenship and is marrying a Japanese lass

V and I were married nearly 12 years - but 'forgot' to live together nearly 7 of those .. So respect !

:laugh:  yes living together is the hard bit  :hidechair:   but congratulations on the other things  tiphat

Слава Україні

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #727 on: April 02, 2019, 03:19:59 AM »
Congratulations Chris.
Being one who has met you and your family
nicer people you could not met.
Wish you nothing but happiness in your future.

I hope you get to truly retire.
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline Chris

« Reply #728 on: April 02, 2019, 04:54:17 AM »
Congratulations Chris.
Being one who has met you and your family
nicer people you could not met.
Wish you nothing but happiness in your future.

I hope you get to truly retire.

Thanks Trevor, very kind of you. I have been trying to retire for over a year now, its going in the right direction, but slowly  :laugh:  I will get there though  :party0031:
Слава Україні

Offline yankee

« Reply #729 on: April 02, 2019, 10:02:49 AM »

Congratulations!  We also celebrated our 11th in February.
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Offline Chris

« Reply #730 on: April 02, 2019, 10:11:27 AM »

Congratulations!  We also celebrated our 11th in February.

Thank you and congratulations to you also yankee.
Слава Україні

Offline Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Hero Member
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #731 on: April 02, 2019, 02:43:25 PM »

Thanks for providing us with a status update on your successful partnership Chris. Posts such as this might not be academic or (thankfully) political, but to me these sorts of posts are of the most influential nature because they further my belief that I too may one day enter into a successful relationship with a special woman.

Congratulations on your 11th anniversary and my wishes for an abundance more to come in the future.  tiphat
"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Offline Chris

« Reply #732 on: April 02, 2019, 02:45:04 PM »

Thanks for providing us with a status update on your successful partnership Chris. Posts such as this might not be academic or (thankfully) political, but to me these sorts of posts are of the most influential nature because they further my belief that I too may one day enter into a successful relationship with a special woman.

Congratulations on your 11th anniversary and my wishes for an abundance more to come in the future.  tiphat

Thank you and good luck in your search.
Слава Україні