The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: foreignladies.com  (Read 2775 times)

Offline nunya

• RIP
    • First Dream
  • Trips: 20+
foreignladies.com
« on: March 09, 2009, 05:45:31 PM »
I have often contended, in my opinion, that nothing did more to help the scam agencies scam more than IMBRA. 

I just read this on one site's FAQ.

Any thoughts?

Why can't I share contact information on foreignladies.com?

On foreignladies.com, we do not require a man to fill out a criminal background form, therefore no contact information can be exchanged over this site.

How do I meet the ladies then?

After you and a lady have started a correspondence and you would like to hear her voice. We can arrange phone translations. You will speak to her through a translator, and she will do the same. Of course no contact information can be given over the telephone.

To meet the lady in person, you will travel to the lady's country, go to the affiliate office, and fill out the criminal background form. After the information you provide is verified, you will receive a personal one on one introduction with the lady. Then, you spend the rest of your time in her country getting to know her.

I am not a US citizen, how does this apply to me?

Unfortunately, if we allowed the loophole of Non-US men to provide their contact information, suddenly none of our clients would claim be from the US. Therefore the IMBRA law requirements must be upheld in every situation regardless of the man's nationality.

Offline WestCoast

Re: What a croc of BS
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 05:59:55 PM »

I have often contended, in my opinion, that nothing did more to help the scam agencies scam more than IMBRA. 

I just read this on one site's FAQ.

Any thoughts?

Why can't I share contact information on foreignladies.com?

On foreignladies.com, we do not require a man to fill out a criminal background form, therefore no contact information can be exchanged over this site.

How do I meet the ladies then?

After you and a lady have started a correspondence and you would like to hear her voice. We can arrange phone translations. You will speak to her through a translator, and she will do the same. Of course no contact information can be given over the telephone.

To meet the lady in person, you will travel to the lady's country, go to the affiliate office, and fill out the criminal background form. After the information you provide is verified, you will receive a personal one on one introduction with the lady. Then, you spend the rest of your time in her country getting to know her.

I am not a US citizen, how does this apply to me?

Unfortunately, if we allowed the loophole of Non-US men to provide their contact information, suddenly none of our clients would claim be from the US. Therefore the IMBRA law requirements must be upheld in every situation regardless of the man's nationality.

Ok Jack if any non US men fall for the line that the agency must follow IMBRA regulations for all clients whether or not they are US citizens, then those men are obviously TOO STUPID to be involved in the international dating & marriage market.   :fighting0025: :fighting0025:
andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

That means I'm a subject matter expert on all things Russia, Ukraine and UK.

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 06:03:38 PM »
foreignladies.com   Scratch that one from my hunting list. I agree with Wetty, if guys are going to fall for it ( they will) I can only hope they'll spend as much time looking for info as the paper babe they are in love with.

Offline BCKev

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 06:13:03 PM »
Yup, I agree with you Jack. It is a crock. They are using the IMBRA regulation as an excuse to avoid providing contact information.

Edit: How many days of your trip are they going to waste verifying this information?

Offline Brasscasing

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 06:29:39 PM »
Quote from: quote
"Unfortunately, if we allowed the loophole of Non-US men to provide their contact information, suddenly none of our clients would claim be from the US. Therefore the IMBRA law requirements must be upheld in every situation regardless of the man's nationality."

Wow. Haven't they heard of perusing a Passport/ID/Visa/whatever when the customer attends the affiliate office. Also if a non US citizen does the paperwork who the heck would they submit it to? They'd probably get some response like "This is not a US citizen, it says so on the form" or words to that effect. :chuckle:

What's more interesting to me is the use of the word "Loophole" to describe non-US citizens not legally bound by IMBRA. :D

I'm not sure what the forms ask for in detail but if a Canadian were to fill one out supplying their Social Insurance Number (SIN) and these papers were to fall into the wrong hands that's your identity stolen, keep that in mind folks.

Incidentally for the uninitiated this is what Jack's talking about:

"...Duty to Disclose Criminal and Marital History and Obtain Written Consent. Before a (for fee) IMB may provide a foreign national client’s personal contact information to a United States client, the IMB must: (1) search sex offender public registries for information regarding the United States client; (2) collect certain criminal and marital background information through documentation or an attestation from the United States client; (3) provide to the foreign national client any records retrieved from the sex offender public registry search and the background information collected in her primary language; (4) provide to the foreign national client a government-prepared information pamphlet about the legal rights and resources available in the U.S. to immigrant victims of domestic violence and other crimes; and (5) obtain the foreign national client’s signed, written consent to the release of her information to the United States client. (Sections 833(d)(2) and (3))..."

Brass

“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."  ~ John Diefenbaker

P.S....Unless you happen to live in Quebec and are subject to the Quebec Charter Of Values, of course.

Offline fireeater

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 06:56:31 PM »
Considering this

Placing your profile on the site is free. Reading or sending one letter to a foreign lady is $7.50.

Somehow you have to pay for these services, Your credit card use also includes your address in most cases. Which should verify your country.

So any man should question the two opposite requirements, and lack of proof for where you live concerning a law that applies to only one country.

No Membership Fees!
No paying for unwanted letters!
Free Translations!

To send a letter 7.50, to read a letter 7.50. No need for membership fees.  :laugh:

Offline mendeleyev

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 09:04:51 PM »
Fire, let's open a restaurant--we'll give everyone a FREE meal.  One FREE meal per week to restaurant members, up to $22.95 menu charge.

It's free, just join as a weekly restaurant member and your weekly dues of 89.95 will be automatically deducted from your visa or MC. Want to bring a friend, no problem!  Your weekly membership includes the privilege of bringing a friend for FREE!  All your friend has to do is sign up for the "FREE friends" membership and pay just 69.95 per week and they get a FREE weekly meal with you!

But wait, that's not all. We're going to PAY you 9.95 for every FREE friend who signs up under your membership!  That's right, you'll get FREE meals, your friend will get FREE meals, and you'll MAKE MONEY from your FREE membership!

Offer ends soon, so hurry and pick up the phone right now because with this many FREE meals and the chance to MAKE MONEY, you know this limited time offer won't last much longer. Operators are standing by so call now!

Friends, we lose money on every FREE meal we give away, but we make it up on volume.  So call now before this offer goes away forever!

Offline Jared2151

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 05:53:24 AM »
May I suggest you call it "Madoff's Diner"

Offline fireeater

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2009, 06:00:35 AM »
Fire, let's open a restaurant--we'll give everyone a FREE meal.  One FREE meal per week to restaurant members, up to $22.95 menu charge.

It's free, just join as a weekly restaurant member and your weekly dues of 89.95 will be automatically deducted from your visa or MC. Want to bring a friend, no problem!  Your weekly membership includes the privilege of bringing a friend for FREE!  All your friend has to do is sign up for the "FREE friends" membership and pay just 69.95 per week and they get a FREE weekly meal with you!

But wait, that's not all. We're going to PAY you 9.95 for every FREE friend who signs up under your membership!  That's right, you'll get FREE meals, your friend will get FREE meals, and you'll MAKE MONEY from your FREE membership!

Offer ends soon, so hurry and pick up the phone right now because with this many FREE meals and the chance to MAKE MONEY, you know this limited time offer won't last much longer. Operators are standing by so call now!

Friends, we lose money on every FREE meal we give away, but we make it up on volume.  So call now before this offer goes away forever!

Mendy sounds great to me.  ;D

Now which city would be the most gullible likely to wish such a bargain for our new business.  :ROFL:

I could use a tax loss anyway.  :innocent:

Offline ECR844

• Searching for the word I will become
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2009, 06:41:16 AM »
"mendy,"

You could even start a restaurant club multi-level marketing campaign where members could sell memberships, but the real fun would be when selling licenses to sell these memberships.. You'd be 'poor' in no time!

Offline Jared2151

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2009, 08:24:37 AM »
Go AMWAY, go AMWAY .....  :party0011: