The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: RUA Russian, Ukrainian and FSU Towns & Cities Resource  (Read 3180 times)

Offline sparky114

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
RUA Russian, Ukrainian and FSU Towns & Cities Resource
« on: February 17, 2009, 12:22:33 AM »

Firstly i would like to thank publicly The Great Mendypedia for continually striving to improve this section, I must admit it is one of my favorite sections on the forum and i am continually impressed by the content of the articles here.

Now many of us have travelled to the FSU and of course we have took our pictures there, brought them home and they sit on our respective computers as a reminder of the places we have visited.

My thoughts on this are that we the members could post our pictures here (nothing required to personal) just general pictures of the town / city/ area that we have visited. having PM'd Mendy he is more than willing to lets us all post our up to date photos of any place in the FSU. also you do not have to post a great long in depth write up as i know this maybe would put some off from posting.

For those of us that have reached the point of winning the heart of a FSUW. Think back to when you first set out on your personal journey.

Imagine the possibility of finding such a fantastic place as this and being able to view the place you had decided to visit through the eyes of someone who had personally visited this place.

There are many places already added in this resource so why not if this is a place you have visited just post some more photos into this section, or maybe the place you have been too is not shown. just post your pictures in this general page and Mendy has said he will re-post in its new place.

I personally have over 10,000 pictures of places that I have visited in the FSU so now the process of sorting through and finding a place here to post them.

Now i know that many people here have already added their pictures in TR and trip reports but maybe you could find some to add to our very own library here

I very much believe we could continue to make this a place that would be unrivalled as a guide to the FSU.

Mark

Today is only one day in a life of happiness

Mark

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
Re: RUA Russian, Ukrainian and FSU Towns & Cities Resource
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 01:42:03 AM »
There are also the Photo Galleries Mark, here is a few I started on Ukraine http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php?board=29.0  and some more on Russia http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php?board=28.0 others have already added theirs to these sections

Remember there is also a Travel section where I and others have added town maps http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php?board=28.0 sights, restaurants etc too. Members don't really make enough use of these sections (I am sure many don't even know they exist ::) ) of the board and they are not often added to, it would be good to have others post articles in these sections aswell as Mendys great threads.
Слава Україні

Offline mendeleyev

• Spouses Country: Russia
Re: RUA Russian, Ukrainian and FSU Towns & Cities Resource
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 09:12:28 PM »
I moved this out to the Intro page so that guys looking at Ukraine or the other Republics could easily see it also.

Registration