The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Russian/Ukraine women  (Read 39851 times)

Offline Halo

Re: Russian/Ukraine women
« Reply #175 on: September 20, 2009, 10:46:21 PM »
He is Russian.  Not Soviet.

We are happy.  Unlike you, I haven't contemplated leaving my husband, nor he me.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #176 on: September 21, 2009, 01:34:03 AM »

Incidentally, most of these behaviours are in predominantly Russified regions of Ukraine.   You don't see many of such socials in L'viv, or Ivano Frankivsk, or Uzhorod.

Halo

I said exactly the same in the other thread, why are most of these things happening in Eastern/Southern Ukraine that are far more pro Russia and they speak Russian,  why do most of the scams eminate from those parts, very rarely do you hear of these things in Cities of Western Ukraine ?
Слава Україні

Offline Wild Orchid

« Reply #177 on: September 21, 2009, 02:44:31 AM »
He is Russian.  Not Soviet.

You said "soo much" about yourself that I always thought you are a man...  :chuckle:

I think you are that typical American person that people around the world hate with passion.

I'm Russian, full stop. If you want to label me as Soviet, I don't care.  You tried to belittle our education our heritage from day one. I think it is rather sad, considering where you are coming from. I'll live you to roll in your imaginary superiority  ::) 

Offline mirror

« Reply #178 on: September 21, 2009, 06:56:55 AM »
I'm Russian, full stop. If you want to label me as Soviet, I don't care. 

No,Halushka named all of us "Sovok" and I think she/he hopes that it offends us.

Offline mirror

« Reply #179 on: September 21, 2009, 07:01:42 AM »
Incidentally, most of these behaviours are in predominantly Russified regions of Ukraine.   You don't see many of such socials in L'viv, or Ivano Frankivsk, or Uzhorod.

I see a logic in it too.

Girls play this game with dressing like on picture in places where foreigners come...."buy me,I am ready for everything!".

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #180 on: September 21, 2009, 07:24:49 AM »

I said exactly the same in the other thread, why are most of these things happening in Eastern/Southern Ukraine that are far more pro Russia and they speak Russian,  why do most of the scams eminate from those parts, very rarely do you hear of these things in Cities of Western Ukraine ?

Any comments, Mirror ?

Sorry, Bill,  :-[

If I observed that Mirror/ Ed, didn't respond to threads when they were "snookered" for an answer and said "typical Russian" ... I would rightly be pilloried ;)
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline mirror

« Reply #181 on: September 21, 2009, 07:36:37 AM »
Any comments, Mirror ?

Sorry,Moby,I am busy with preparing for a travel to Aktobe.I will go tommorow and will be out from here till Sunday.

So relax and do whatever you want: to kiss me,to talk to me,to say something great to me...whatever,I will not answer,sorry.  8)

Offline Chris

« Reply #182 on: September 21, 2009, 07:39:58 AM »
Any comments, Mirror ?

Sorry,Moby,I am busy with preparing for a travel to Aktobe.I will go tommorow and will be out from here till Sunday.

So relax and do whatever you want: to kiss me,to talk to me,to say something great to me...whatever,I will not answer,sorry.  8)

Can we confirm then that you will definitely not be online then until at least Sunday  :)
Слава Україні

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #183 on: September 21, 2009, 07:43:37 AM »

So relax and do whatever you want: to kiss me,to talk to me,to say something great to me...whatever,I will not answer,sorry.  8)

Have a wonderful time and don't forget to TRY and answer all the points raised when you come back, suitably refreshed ;)

Is Ed, preparing for a trip, too ?!
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline mirror

« Reply #184 on: September 21, 2009, 07:47:55 AM »
Can we confirm then that you will definitely not be online then until at least Sunday  :)

Yes,I promiss. You can ban me to make your friends happy. ;D

Offline mirror

« Reply #185 on: September 21, 2009, 07:53:05 AM »
Have a wonderful time and don't forget to TRY and answer all the points raised when you come back, suitably refreshed ;)

Is Ed, preparing for a trip, too ?!

I am not sure that I will TRY to answer at all questions because I will have a wonderfull time ( after your wishing me that) and I will return home in more  happy mood.

Life is going and an argument here is not whole life for anyone of us.

Offline Halo

« Reply #186 on: September 21, 2009, 08:06:18 AM »

Halo

I think Western Ukrainians are a little different culturally.  They were not as destroyed by Soviet ideology.  There are still lots of Ukrainians there alive who remember a pre Soviet existence. 

Perhaps, if the USSR had lasted another generation, there would be no difference.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline fireeater

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #187 on: September 21, 2009, 08:09:37 AM »
Now stating that a region would be more populated by one type rather then another does not allow for the fact that people have a tendency to leave other areas for employment.

A lot of these socials are held in ares that would attract others to go there for jobs, education etc. So whomever the women are they could be from any region, or location. Unless one has personal knowledge of whether all attending are strictly one type, then it is only speculation, for who is at them.    

Now checking one famous site for this, seems to be only one Russian tour on the list, yet has 16 differnet ones into Ukraine. So it would seem it is much more common in one country then in another. And the one city is Russia is one I would say has more problem agencies then in other ones in Russia.    

Offline Halo

« Reply #188 on: September 21, 2009, 08:11:53 AM »
He is Russian.  Not Soviet.

You said "soo much" about yourself that I always thought you are a man...  :chuckle:

I think you are that typical American person that people around the world hate with passion.

I'm Russian, full stop. If you want to label me as Soviet, I don't care.  You tried to belittle our education our heritage from day one. I think it is rather sad, considering where you are coming from. I'll live you to roll in your imaginary superiority  ::)  

Wrong.  I never belittled Russians' heritage.  I did, and do belittle Soviet education, which was based on ideology rather than knowledge.  Even Putin recognized this.  He had a very famous Russian born scientist come from Paris, to assess Russia's educational system and how to move ahead in science.  The conclusion was that scientific knowledge is practically dead.

When your ideologicial positions affect your ability to move ahead in "the system", of course education will suffer.  Your posts on history are indication of your lack of education and inability to think independently.

Name 5 post Revolutuion writers of world reknown.  I mean writers who never received any education in Tsarist Russia (which leaves Bulgakov, who, by your definition, would be "Ukrainian", Pasternak, Gorky, Esenin, etc. out), but were educated solely under the Soviet system.  This was a system, after all, that believed Матрос Железняков could head the Russian Central Bank, then one of the largest in Europe.

Your inability to comprehend the difference between a Soviet and a Russian demonstrates my point.  Eduard has pointed this out, accurately I believe, several times as well.

I am not American.  However, I would not be ashamed were I American.  Yet again, your preconceptions limit you.

Offline Halo

« Reply #189 on: September 21, 2009, 08:13:04 AM »
I'm Russian, full stop. If you want to label me as Soviet, I don't care. 

No,Halushka named all of us "Sovok" and I think she/he hopes that it offends us.

I don't really care if it offends  you.  I merely point to the truth.  It is evident in your posts.

Offline Halo

« Reply #190 on: September 21, 2009, 08:16:26 AM »
Now stating that a region would be more populated by one type rather then another does not allow for the fact that people have a tendency to leave other areas for employment.

A lot of these socials are held in ares that would attract others to go there for jobs, education etc. So whomever the women are they could be from any region, or location. Unless one has personal knowledge of whether all attending are strictly one type, then it is only speculation, for who is at them.    

Now checking one famous site for this, seems to be only one Russian tour on the list, yet has 16 differnet ones into Ukraine. So it would seem it is much more common in one country then in another. And the one city is Russia is one I would say has more problem agencies then in other ones in Russia.    

Not many people, though, moved to Western Ukraine.  In Soviet times, it was predominantly an agricultural region.  There was also a large bus industry, and television factory (for televisions that no Soviets bought).  Now, Western Ukrainians leave, but primarily for the West, or other Eastern European countries.

Offline mirror

« Reply #191 on: September 21, 2009, 08:27:00 AM »
You care of course  :nod: it is why you named us "sovok" few times. :king:

If you would be out of your Ukr national-shovinistic spirit  you'd be taking more easier our posts like I do.

You'd want that people'd take your antirussian attitude like no the political but only like hystorical knowledges.Although it is obvious for anyone that you have very aggressive negative attitude towards Russia.  

United Nations did not recognise hunger of the named years like a holodomor but you try to accuse us in unknowledge of our hystory.

If you would be even double a hystory teacher it doesn't mean that there was holodomor (we know that you prefer this term-ok,let name this hunger like holodomor specialy for you).

Offline Halo

« Reply #192 on: September 21, 2009, 08:31:58 AM »
You care of course  :nod: it is why you named us "sovok" few times. :king:

If you would be out of your Ukr national-shovinistic spirit  you'd be taking more easier our posts like I do.

You'd want that people'd take your antirussian attitude like no the political but only like hystorical knowledges.Although it is obvious for anyone that you have very aggressive negative attitude about Russia.  

United Nations did not recognise hunger of the named years like a holodomor but you try to accuse us in unknowledge of our hystory.

If you would be even double a hystory teacher it doesn't mean that there was holodomor (we know that you prefer this term-ok,let name this hunger like holodomor specialy for you).

Right.  Link one anti Russian post I have made. 

I pointed to the fact the Holodomor occurred, and it was targeted at Ukrainians.   Grain was confiscated.  There was no drought.  The intent was to starve the peasants to death. 
That is historical fact, no matter how you or your state owned nationalist propaganda papers wish to spin it. 

I have pointed to the fact that Russians suffered under communism as well.  Odd how you managed to overlook that.

Your problem is that you are living in the past.  Most of Europe has passed over the destructive forces of ultra nationalism.  You have not.  You just changed one master for another.

Offline mirror

« Reply #193 on: September 21, 2009, 08:40:40 AM »

I pointed to the fact the Holodomor occurred, and it was targeted at Ukrainians.   Grain was confiscated.  There was no drought.  The intent was to starve the peasants to death. 
That is historical fact, no matter how you or your state owned nationalist propaganda papers wish to spin it. 

United Nations (not our state) recognised that it was not holodomor...I see it is too hard for you to get it.

Offline mirror

« Reply #194 on: September 21, 2009, 08:45:00 AM »

Your problem is that you are living in the past.  Most of Europe has passed over the destructive forces of ultra nationalism.  You have not.  You just changed one master for another.

I don't have problem,sorry. I live comfortable.

Do you say "ultra nazionalism"? look at your beloved Ukr first.

Offline Halo

« Reply #195 on: September 21, 2009, 08:51:27 AM »

United Nations (not our state) recognised that it was not holodomor...I see it is too hard for you to get it.

Wrong.  The UN did not recognize the Holodomor as a genocide.  They didn't say it didn't happen.  All this means is that they didn't recognize it as targeting Ukrainians in particular.    I see it is too difficult for you to comprehend.

I have noted in the past this issue still open to debate by historians.   My own position is that this was a class war, not an "ethnic" issue. 

Offline Halo

« Reply #196 on: September 21, 2009, 08:52:42 AM »

Your problem is that you are living in the past.  Most of Europe has passed over the destructive forces of ultra nationalism.  You have not.  You just changed one master for another.

I don't have problem,sorry. I live comfortable.

Do you say "ultra nazionalism"? look at your beloved Ukr first.

Right.  Which is why Russian language newspapers (Ukrainian based) and other media sources flourish in Ukraine.  

Offline fireeater

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #197 on: September 21, 2009, 08:58:56 AM »

Not many people, though, moved to Western Ukraine.  In Soviet times, it was predominantly an agricultural region.  There was also a large bus industry, and television factory (for televisions that no Soviets bought).  Now, Western Ukrainians leave, but primarily for the West, or other Eastern European countries.

For socials it is not the past we are referring to but present day conditions, under different conditions. And women do not move to Kiev, or other cities for what they now offer. Even here we have farm girls who are attending university in the larger cities. Or women that were born and grew up in a smaller location, yet live now in the larger cities for various reasons. The FSU would be no different.  

Offline Halo

« Reply #198 on: September 21, 2009, 09:12:12 AM »
I misunderstood your original post.

However, more women from Western Ukraine move abroad than within the country.  Most  illegal labourers from Ukraine are from the West.

Offline Chris

« Reply #199 on: September 21, 2009, 11:53:33 AM »
.Although it is obvious for anyone that you have very aggressive negative attitude towards Russia.  

and you don't have one about Ukraine Mirror  ::) pot and kettle comes to mind  :duh:
Слава Україні