The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Russian Steak Restaurant in London  (Read 4652 times)

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Russian Steak Restaurant in London
« on: January 28, 2009, 03:00:54 AM »
I just read a review on a new Steakhouse in Mayfair in London called Goodmans. It is part of a Russian chain of restaurants.

Goodmans
26 Maddox Street.
London W1.
Tel: 0207 499 3776
http://www.goodmanrestaurants.com

Here is an excerpt from the review I just read:

Goodman looks like a Russian take on an American chain restaurant, the sort of place the KGB might have built to train spies — it is wood and leather, with a bar and booths and black-and-white urban photos. Staff are particularly friendly and, as with all single-issue dining rooms, the menu makes small talk about starters and side dishes, but it’s really just a juggler before the burlesque — we’re impatient for them to bring on the meat.

It comes as a choice of three continents: there’s Australian beef, which is braised and finished with corn, and American and Irish, which are all produced raw on a board for your examination like it’s a brothel.

The American and Australian have obviously been flown here chilled in plastic bags, but all the meat has been dry-aged, which is the most important thing for taste and texture. I have a particular fondness for American steak, which is all about aspiration, nostalgia, movies and books. The corn gives them more fat and marbling. I like the slobbery, grainy, sugary texture, so I went for a T-bone, which came back pretty faultless. The Blonde had an Irish fillet with a marvellous boggy flavour, from a cut that can be bland.

If what you crave is a good steak at a realistic price, then this is your place.

Full review here.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline mendeleyev

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Russian Steak Restaurant in London
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 10:02:18 AM »
Спасибо, Маннай!

We've also placed it in the London directory:
http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php/topic,3438.msg38124.html#msg38124

Registration