The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Lucky Lovers  (Read 16715 times)

Offline Kimosabe

• Trips: 10-20
Lucky Lovers
« on: January 05, 2009, 12:24:58 AM »
There have been a few posts giving Lucky Lovers a decent score regarding their honesty, etc.  Would you like to share your experiences about them?  I searched for Lucky Lovers and it returned 3; .com, .net, and hyphenated.  Someone please post a link to the "real" Lucky Lovers site.

Offline Herrie

• Tech Group
Re: Lucky Lovers
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 12:49:01 AM »
luckylovers.net

Cheap ($40,- for 3 months I believe). Tons of Russian Woman (RW) and Ukrainian Woman (UW) over there :)

Offline Jinx

• Watched
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 01:00:39 AM »
 It's not an agency or anything like that, it's a net dating site like match.com but caters to women from the FSU (they join for free) The best part is the chat feature, you can get to know the women this way and even ask for their e-mail or phone number, unlike with agencies that usually want to keep you paying so they don't release the womens personal info.

You have to figure it out for yourself which ones are real and which are scammers...but most are real, honest women looking for a partner. Usually the ones with pics that look like they came out of a magazine, or show too much skin are the fake ones. Also look at their time on the site, if they have been there awhile they most likely are not scammers because the admins would have booted them already.

I think it's a great website and the best deal for your money. I met Nataly there and also one of my best friends from Russia, I highly recommend it.  :THUB:

Offline DarkMatter

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 01:09:01 AM »
^ I joined up, I'll see what happens!  :travel:
The grass is greener on the other side!

Offline gdog

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 08:37:08 AM »
How has the site been?  Is it any good? :THUB: :THDN:

Offline alenika

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 09:12:09 AM »
I still like luckylovers :-)

Cannot say if I am qualified to give opinions though as never was in search while there (being member currently too). But there are many great people there. There are different people there and those who are in search shouldn't forget to use their common sense.
As this is as someone above told is not an agency but is dating site, almost free, where strict control over letters, over every word doesn't exist. I think LL makes perfect  combination of free search of partner and control over fraud behaviour.
I close eyes to see better

Offline Palle1985

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 03:14:03 PM »
But how many of the girls are seriously looking for someone? Is it more like friendship and penpals than relationships?

Offline ECR844

• Searching for the word I will become
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 03:32:29 PM »
But how many of the girls are seriously looking for someone? Is it more like friendship and penpals than relationships?
How many of the guys are seriously looking for someone? Is it more like friendship and penpals than relationships?

Offline Jaime70068

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 04:59:20 PM »
I joined Lucky Lovers a while back.  I received about 30 emails or so.  Majority of the messages from scammer(s).  I think it's one particular person or group operating out of Germany.  Not very sophisticated, because they use the same lady's pictures over and over.  Also, another one originating out of Russia.  In depth emails, but fails to answer your questions or read your replies.

My advice, save your money.

I was sad because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet. So I said: Got any shoes you're not using?

Offline alenika

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 09:52:00 PM »
If they meet someone serious they'll see to marry him. And when doing search you can choose those who look for marriage, I think it is called there Advanced Search.

Offline alenika

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009, 09:55:46 PM »
I joined Lucky Lovers a while back.  I received about 30 emails or so.  Majority of the messages from scammer(s).  I think it's one particular person or group operating out of Germany.  Not very sophisticated, because they use the same lady's pictures over and over.  Also, another one originating out of Russia.  In depth emails, but fails to answer your questions or read your replies.
You can write women yourself, not wait only scammers writing you. It is dating site, not an agency, and it is clear that scammers can register and register there again when deleted. That's why the payment is low, not like in agencies. If reported then scammers are deleted.
When using dating site one should use common sense to avoid these scammers, I guess this is very easy to do. But for this low price one also have opportunity to look among a lot of normal women women too. And women who correspond freely, not through agency, and who are not told what to write, and who fill their profiles themselves, not by agency co-workers. Who write what they think.

Offline Jaime70068

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2009, 10:37:23 PM »
You can write women yourself, not wait only scammers writing you.
I should clarify that I made first contact with the ladies.  I received about 30 responses, of those, the majority were scammers. They seem to operate between lucky lovers and russian euro
I was sad because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet. So I said: Got any shoes you're not using?

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2009, 01:20:15 AM »

I joined LL in 2005 - took a free trial and was underwhelmed..

re joined in 2006 - forgot I'd even used it before - and met my wife ! Best money *I* ever spent ! ;)

YES, there were scammers on there, but I was looking late thirties and older and found the vast majority of the ladies were genuine.

I'm with Jinx on this one, and LL is not a site that is renowned for encouraging scammers - they are so EASY to spot on such sites, anyway.

I guess a site is only as good as the woman/ man you are looking for ...

Naturally, my Wife recommends this site to her friends...

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Palle1985

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2009, 11:47:18 AM »
Ah okey. Is the scammer more frequent in some ages or is it spread from bottom to the top? I'm 24 years old so I'll be looking for a women in that age range too.

Offline alenika

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2009, 11:51:52 AM »
Ah okey. Is the scammer more frequent in some ages or is it spread from bottom to the top? I'm 24 years old so I'll be looking for a women in that age range too.
it's not about age range of girls, but more about age range of men. I guess younger men are attemped to scam less often.

Offline Palle1985

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2009, 12:24:56 PM »
You mean the scammers target older men more?

Offline alenika

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2009, 12:29:32 PM »
You mean the scammers target older men more?
I am not sure, but I guess so... First, older men are supposed to be more stable financially, second, they are less used to see young beautiful girl being "available" to them.  That is, from logic of scammer it should seem easier and more profitable to scam older men.

Offline Palle1985

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2009, 12:39:01 PM »
Well that make sence:) Thank you for your help!

Offline AnfieldRiot

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2009, 10:48:30 PM »

Curious to know if anyone else is using this site at the moment or recently.  The database is rather large, took me about five hours in total to go from lady #1 to the end of the list... and that was after tossing in my requirements through the advanced search. Seems like this site is a perfect starter site for those who are looking to get their feet wet... cheap price, large amount of women. Great place to feel out a scammer or two... or three with little money and time wasted.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2009, 01:58:00 AM »

Great place to feel out a scammer or two... or three with little money and time wasted.

Why does everyone have such a thing about 'scammers'?!

They are normally predictable, in that they produce some sort of last minute 'excuse' - a reason for needing cash - to visit / sick relative.. If you find a normal lady, she will try to make sure your money is spend wisely....;)

NEVER send serious cash to a lady you have never met..enough, may be, for a train fare..  or if you are feeling sure, ( like I was) send a non-refundable air ticket...

Concentrate on finding a good 'un, not thinking you are outsmarting a 'scammer' ! ..

MUCH more rewarding..

Offline AnfieldRiot

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2009, 02:30:55 AM »

Great place to feel out a scammer or two... or three with little money and time wasted.

Why does everyone have such a thing about 'scammers'?!

They are normally predictable, in that they produce some sort of last minute 'excuse' - a reason for needing cash - to visit / sick relative.. If you find a normal lady, she will try to make sure your money is spend wisely....;)

NEVER send serious cash to a lady you have never met..enough, may be, for a train fare..  or if you are feeling sure, ( like I was) send a non-refundable air ticket...

Concentrate on finding a good 'un, not thinking you are outsmarting a 'scammer' ! ..

MUCH more rewarding..

I agree with what you're saying and yes it does seem that far too many times the scammer aspect is mentioned and to a degree it's a topic that has been beaten to death.

However the odds are that we are all going to wander into the path of one or two scammers and it's good to be aware and prepared for it. There are some seriously nieve people who partake in this pursuit and it's best for folks like them to go into this being prepared for them to strike. I purposely started off at a sight that is riddled with them... I wanted to see what exactly is said by one and how it all transpires. You can't merely say wait till they back out at the last minute, it's much better to try and weed this element out as soon as possible.... no sense in waisting time and emotions on something that isn't going to come to fruition.

Offline AnfieldRiot

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2009, 02:35:04 AM »

Anyhow... getting back to the topic of the LL site. I'd be curious to know from someone like your wife Moby... is it possible for the women to see who has selected them as a favorite ?  I know there are a few sights that let the women know who has them earmarked, I'd be curious to know if this holds true for LL ?!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2009, 06:33:35 AM »

Anyhow... getting back to the topic of the LL site. I'd be curious to know from someone like your wife Moby... is it possible for the women to see who has selected them as a favorite ?  I know there are a few sights that let the women know who has them earmarked, I'd be curious to know if this holds true for LL ?!

Dear AR,

Yes, we could both shortlist favs, and we could see who, and when has viewed our profiles..

If it wasn't for the latter feature -we would never have met.. she saw that I was viewing her profile a lot, and made the first move..

Personally, speaking I would never make someone a fav, and especially if I hadn't contacted them - either you like'em or you don't... I can't say which site show this info to others ( incl LL) .. ie. if the lady KNOWS she is a fav ! .. it is too long ago, now !

I'm sure 2tallBill would know !

I knew who I liked and kept a record of it separately ;)

Good luck

Offline AnfieldRiot

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2009, 11:58:54 AM »

What has been everyone's ratio for real/scam communications on here ?

I've started to get a constant amount of 2-4 emails per day from dating sites or women I've had zero contact with.... this is obviously because I have given out my email to a few ladies on LuckyLovers.  I have been going back and forth with two women on there and have been on the fence if they are actually "real." ... now getting these spam mails I'm thinking the two I am going back/forth with have punted on my email to others or for their own scamming delight. 

I know I'm going to come across these situations but just curious to hear if those who used LL also found themselves getting hit up with bogus spam.

Offline chyllunc

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2009, 12:18:35 PM »
I joined a couple months ago.  Ran across a few fakes but as has been said they are pretty easy to pick out.  I have been talking to one woman on skype regularly for about a month.  It is pretty much like any dating site in the US.  I would say for the price and features its a good site.

Peace