The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: A Foreign Affair - Opinion on these three profiles please?  (Read 12106 times)

Offline fireeater

• Trips: None Yet
Re: A Foreign Affair - Opinion on these three profiles please?
« Reply #75 on: December 24, 2008, 08:13:05 AM »
Belle - Unfortunately some forget that when a Russian woman says something they should pay close attention to what she says. Who is the greater expert on a Russian women then one herself.  :)

Been doing just that every day for the past 6+ years my friend.  :P

Unlike some, I don't genuflect every time a RW shares an opinion on this group like their words came down from the mountain from the lips of God himself.     :bow:

They should explore what she says with her, rather then analyse it without her. Probably the main reason a lot of women do not want to post.  :'(

They should also expect to defend their point of view in rational debate and polite discussion just like any other member of the group.   ;D  If Belle thought I was being rude in any way, I apologize.  It was certainly not my intent.

I still beleive words out of a Russian women are still greater in pure thought then one that has insight into it, because of marriage. Not knocking your own knowledge just stating a fact.  :)

Not saying everything is to be taken as from the mouth of God. Depends on the content. Wild Orchid and I have disagreed on some items at times but does not change anything else for other items. But we usually disagree on items on this side of the ocean not hers.  :innocent:

What in her original post needs to be defended. It is a pure statement being given from a woman who is looking, and knows other that are as well. Was her post explored or put down. Did any of the so called experts actually answer any of her questions, or comments  that she posted afterwards.   

Look back and reread, you will see the answer to this. It is the main reason women have a fear of posting.  :( 

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #76 on: December 24, 2008, 08:52:43 AM »
I still believe words out of a Russian women are still greater in pure thought then one that has insight into it, because of marriage. Not knocking your own knowledge just stating a fact.  :) 

No, rather than "stating a fact", actually you're sharing an opinion that many would not agree.  My opinion is that if you don't quit putting RW on a pedestal so high you can hardly see them, you'll be setting yourself up for a HUGE fall in the future.  

What in her original post needs to be defended. It is a pure statement being given from a woman who is looking, and knows other that are as well. Was her post explored or put down. Did any of the so called experts actually answer any of her questions, or comments that she posted afterwards.  Look back and reread, you will see the answer to this. It is the main reason women have a fear of posting.  :( 

Are we reading the same thread?  She specifically asked if her standards appeared high, low or in the middle.  I gave my opinion and backed it with logic from her own post.  How would that cause a "fear of posting" 
"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun" - Katharine Hepburn

Offline fireeater

« Reply #77 on: December 24, 2008, 09:43:25 AM »
I still believe words out of a Russian women are still greater in pure thought then one that has insight into it, because of marriage. Not knocking your own knowledge just stating a fact.  :) 

No, rather than "stating a fact", actually you're sharing an opinion that many would not agree.  My opinion is that if you don't quit putting RW on a pedestal so high you can hardly see them, you'll be setting yourself up for a HUGE fall in the future.  

What in her original post needs to be defended. It is a pure statement being given from a woman who is looking, and knows other that are as well. Was her post explored or put down. Did any of the so called experts actually answer any of her questions, or comments that she posted afterwards.  Look back and reread, you will see the answer to this. It is the main reason women have a fear of posting.  :( 

Are we reading the same thread?  She specifically asked if her standards appeared high, low or in the middle.  I gave my opinion and backed it with logic from her own post.  How would that cause a "fear of posting" 

Shakespear - Pedestal ? Only one will get that privilege.  :)

You think I do not know about golddiggers, trophy wives and the like. If I wished that I would be married to one by now that would knock your socks off, and I expect the first child would be in the oven.  8)

Why does Belle think her post was irritating to people here. Easy, it was contrary to what was being said by others. Why your apologies to Belle if something was said properly or correctly back. No overall women are discourage for fear of the same treatment on any real issue. They stay in the safe areas.  :(

Froid's Malia said the same thing I did to Link's adventure. That one statement was very clarifying. She said the same thing any women would say here. Froid has a wonderfull smart lady.  :)

So unless you profess to be a Russian Women now, Belle would be more the expert for her group of women. I did not see her refuting your posts about certain types of women. Only stating there is another group as well.
One that I think most men are really looking for.  :) 

I would like to think my wife will be in Belle's group. After six years of marriage I would think yours does as well.  ;D

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #78 on: December 24, 2008, 09:44:48 AM »
My phrase was not used for any lamenting, but just to illustrate that the intentions of a number of women who search a mate abroad may be indeed very far from being economically reasoned. I am sorry for posting this illustration, I should have known that it might appear irritating.

Belle,

The purpose of this forum is to share our views irrespective of whether they support popular opinion or not. If people are reluctant to express themselves for fear of public consure or for fear of offending a few social misfits, then the forum fails and the wackos rule. Posting your views was the right thing to do. I can't speak for everyone but I prefer a candid, dissenting view to silence or to a conviction-free, mantra of the party line.

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #79 on: December 24, 2008, 11:07:35 AM »
Why your apologies to Belle if something was said properly or correctly back. 

Holdover behavior from being a feminized American man.  Old habits die hard.   ;D

"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun" - Katharine Hepburn

Online BelleZeBoob

« Reply #80 on: December 24, 2008, 11:55:18 AM »

I interpreted your entire lamenting post about your situation and dreams to their being no men you find decent available.  I apologize if I interpreted in error.  

My phrase was not used for any lamenting, but just to illustrate that the intentions of a number of women who search a mate abroad may be indeed very far from being economically reasoned. I am sorry for posting this illustration, I should have known that it might appear irritating.

Belle - Unfortunately some forget that when a Russian woman says something they should pay close attention to what she says. Who is the greater expert on a Russian women then one herself.  :)

They should explore what she says with her, rather then analyse it without her. Probably the main reason a lot of women do not want to post.  :'(

Your post was very enlightening I expect to a lot of men, and appreciated.   :)

Fireeater, I don't expect any privileges on this forum just by virtue that I am a RW.

Also, sometimes I may be wrong, for sure. I do my best not to insult anyone with my posts. Anyway, no problems for me to apologyze, I'd be very happy to know that someone feels better if I say sorry :)

Shakespeare, again, your posts are allright, not insulting at all :)

Oh yes, my dears, Merry Christmas Eve!  :party0011:  :party0031:
Men are like Bluetooth: he is connected to you when you are nearby, but searches for other devices when you are away.
Women are like Wi-Fi: she sees all available devices, but connects to the strongest one.

Offline fireeater

« Reply #81 on: December 24, 2008, 04:11:57 PM »

I interpreted your entire lamenting post about your situation and dreams to their being no men you find decent available.  I apologize if I interpreted in error.  

Your post was very enlightening I expect to a lot of men, and appreciated.   :)

Fireeater, I don't expect any privileges on this forum just by virtue that I am a RW.

Also, sometimes I may be wrong, for sure. I do my best not to insult anyone with my posts. Anyway, no problems for me to apologyze, I'd be very happy to know that someone feels better if I say sorry :)

Shakespeare, again, your posts are allright, not insulting at all :)

Oh yes, my dears, Merry Christmas Eve!  :party0011:  :party0031:

Oh I did not say privelages should be granted. Only they should remember that it is being spoken by one with some knoweldge in this area from the other side called women.  ;D

And I see nothing for you to apoligies for, but it does show a peacemaker in you.  :)

Merry Christms Eve as well.  :party0031:

Registration