The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Mirror asking about Western Women  (Read 3318 times)

Offline mirror

Mirror asking about Western Women
« on: May 25, 2007, 04:10:05 AM »
Even though I knew I'd made a bad choice of wife, I realized that women from the FSU had many of the qualities that I liked and many qualities that women in the USA had long since discarded.  :-)
Brad

...which qualities did women in the USA discard?

Many times I have read that WM had written many excellent comments about RW. It is interesting for me to know what exactly  are  these differences. I am asking the question because I have never met any Western women and don't know any one of them. Can you describe WW in general?

I/O

Mirror asking about Western Women
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 04:24:11 AM »
I have never met any Western women and don't know any one of them.

You lived in England for how long? You never met any western women? Now you want to know about them?  BS....!!

I/O

Offline mirror

Re: Privet Everyone!
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 04:50:16 AM »
You lived in England for how long? You never met any western women? Now you
want to know about them?  BS....!!

I/O

I mean WW in context in a relationship between women and men.

Yes, I was in England two times and I met Russian friends and relatives  ...not English women.

The only English women I met were in shops or on the street so I had very limited interaction with them, due to my poor English. ( In my first visit I was not able to say even one English word )

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Mirror asking about Western Women
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 05:31:18 AM »
I can only comment on dutch women, as most of my ex's and normal friends are dutch women.

They are rather practical and feminist in relationships. Don't try to be gallant or making compliments or you will be shot down. Dutch women in courtship tend to approach men they like as much as the other way around.

They behave, dress and talk like the men do, because they believe in unisex behavior. This however, is most unattractive for a man like me. I believe in difference of sexes, and that difference should be used and not be a burden!
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Maxx

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 07:14:19 AM »

Mirror sure seems to be misunderstood allot. I hope she 'hangs in there' (stays).

Maxx

Offline Wiz

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 09:43:59 AM »
Mirror sure seems to be misunderstood allot. I hope she 'hangs in there' (stays).

Maxx

I can understand why Mirror is been misunderstood allot. Mirror's English has gone down hill a little, because living and working in Russia does not give her enough time to practice so the board is her only avenue at the moment. I don't think she is a quitter and will stay around, and post when she can....that is my view.
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline matt

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 10:22:59 AM »
Mirror,

All Western women are not bad or think they are men. I live in Los Angeles and there are plenty of absolutely gorgeous women around. Unfortunately, they marry guys with the big money which I don't have. Not much different than a young RW who thinks marrying an AM will make her wealthy.

I have also seen women put their husband's first here. My sister helped put her husband through law school even though she had been 21 when they got together. Stayed home to raise the kids and is still very attractive and wears bikini's even at 36 after 2 kids.

Also I read a great article in GQ which was pointed out in another forum where a director called Brett Ratner(X-Men and other movies) discussed one of his ex-gorlfriends. She was a model making ridiculous money, he was in film school without a penny and rather homely. This Rebecca as beautiful as she was ,helped financially support all his dreams even if it left her bank account emptier. He says she was selfless even saying "Don't worry about money, I will help you with whatever you need". Even when other men with money and power were in pursuit of her she stayed with him from 18-32.

I know many lovely women here though rare I wish were single. It seems all the good ones are taken. But attractive women are not as rare as some would have you beleive . I question men who only seem to come in contact with WW who are fat or masculine. Why is that? Hell;, I could go to my neice's junior High School play's and see lots of hot teachers and good-looking mothers everywhere, looking feminine.

Offline Brasscasing

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 10:35:15 AM »

Maxx

Well said Maxx. 

Brass
“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."  ~ John Diefenbaker

P.S....Unless you happen to live in Quebec and are subject to the Quebec Charter Of Values, of course.

Offline DonA

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2007, 03:53:23 PM »

I can understand why Mirror is been misunderstood allot. Mirror's English has gone down hill a little, because living and working in Russia does not give her enough time to practice so the board is her only avenue at the moment. I don't think she is a quitter and will stay around, and post when she can....that is my view.

Hi Wiz,

I sure hope Mirror posts as much as possible. I understand her fine. when I don't I ask my wife Yulia what she means. So I can attest that Mirror is a real nice Lady by reading her posts.

I think she is swell!  :-*

Don

Offline mirror

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2007, 10:16:41 PM »
I can only comment on dutch women, as most of my ex's and normal friends are dutch women.

They are rather practical and feminist in relationships. Don't try to be gallant or making compliments or you will be shot down. Dutch women in courtship tend to approach men they like as much as the other way around.

They behave, dress and talk like the men do, because they believe in unisex behavior. This however, is most unattractive for a man like me. I believe in difference of sexes, and that difference should be used and not be a burden!

Markje,

I liked your comment. As I know WW can take to court a man for his compliment. I mean sexual harasment.

In Russia women like compliments.RW try to dress nicely, to make up bright, to use parfume ...all that is special for you-men. For me it is natural. RW are very practical too.

What happined with WW? Why do WW try  to look like a man? Why don't WW need a male's attention?

This question is for WW  :) but not one WW is around here. Therefore I'd like to ask you.

Offline Wiz

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2007, 11:07:25 PM »
Markje,

I liked your comment. As I know WW can take to court a man for his compliment. I mean sexual harasment.

In Russia women like compliments.RW try to dress nicely, to make up bright, to use parfume ...all that is special for you-men. For me it is natural. RW are very practical too.

What happined with WW? Why do WW try  to look like a man? Why don't WW need a male's attention?

This question is for WW  :) but not one WW is around here. Therefore I'd like to ask you.

Mirror can’t really understand why WW want to behave like men and why allot of them, have lost their feminine side, which is attracts men, by doing so.

In the West the feminists tried to bring equality between sexes, in many parts of life, especially in financial and work conditions which of course is justifiable but many of them went to extremes (Over The Top). Now WM dislike what they see and look towards the FSU to find women who appreciated and show their femininity, family values and traditions.

In Russia women are dressed and take special care to themselves to look nice and attractive and do not take offence to any nice compliments made by men where in the West is sometimes dangerous to make such comments to a woman you don’t know because you maybe can be accused of sexual harassment.

Mirror, it was like that here too before but now it is not something all of us, looking to find a woman in FSU, that we like and we hope that Russian women will not copy their counterparts in the West and loose their femininity.

Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2007, 11:11:19 PM »
Wiz, that may be because in Russia women need to attract the men.  In America they need to beat all the ones falling all over them with a stick. 

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2007, 04:05:07 AM »
Wiz, that may be because in Russia women need to attract the men.  In America they need to beat all the ones falling all over them with a stick. 

In the netherlands, its about 50/50 so equal amount of single women and single men. However, both men and women in the NL agree that there is something seriously wrong with the 25-35 age group because of what happened with the Feminist movement in the '70s. If you need numbers/facts to prove this wrong: There are about 2.000.000 people living alone in the Netherlands, age group 25-65, which makes up more than 10% of the population.

Women in NL complain the men are not curtious and do not compliment. The men complain that even the most basic compliment you will get shot down. So, I am tired of this and looking outside NL, which country don't really matter but some countries advertise international relationships more than others.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline jlogajan

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2007, 05:31:10 AM »
What happened with WW? Why do WW try  to look like a man? Why don't WW need a male's attention?

Might I offer a little advice?  This forum, the WM here, are dominated by what is actually a very tiny segment of WM in general.  Most WM don't have a specific complaint about WW other than typical male complaints about women in general.

Most WW I see on a daily basis are fashionably dressed and attractively attired.  The idea that WW are running around all looking like slobs is ludicrous.

Also the idea that every possible compliment to a woman might result in a sexual harassment complaint is more wild exaggeration.  Telling a woman her clothes look nice, her shoes look nice or her hair looks nice is not going to get most men in trouble.   However, some men take even these compliments to creepy levels of attention by making such comments throughout the day and on a daily basis.

On the other hand, saying something about her dress accenting her breasts and how he'd love to get his hands on them and kiss them -- well that would be obvious sexual harassment.  That's the kind of thing that got prohibited in the workplace.  And it got prohibited because there were jerks out there who didn't learn proper manners and figured if they make sexual remarks the women would hop in bed with them.

Now of course it is perfectly alright for most of the men here to want something other than the standard of behavior of western women,  but the exaggerations of the state of western womanhood should be taken into account. 

Offline IresQ U

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2007, 07:29:06 AM »
Might I offer a little advice?  This forum, the WM here, are dominated by what is actually a very tiny segment of WM in general.  Most WM don't have a specific complaint about WW other than typical male complaints about women in general.

Most WW I see on a daily basis are fashionably dressed and attractively attired.  The idea that WW are running around all looking like slobs is ludicrous.

Also the idea that every possible compliment to a woman might result in a sexual harassment complaint is more wild exaggeration.  Telling a woman her clothes look nice, her shoes look nice or her hair looks nice is not going to get most men in trouble.   However, some men take even these compliments to creepy levels of attention by making such comments throughout the day and on a daily basis.

On the other hand, saying something about her dress accenting her breasts and how he'd love to get his hands on them and kiss them -- well that would be obvious sexual harassment.  That's the kind of thing that got prohibited in the workplace.  And it got prohibited because there were jerks out there who didn't learn proper manners and figured if they make sexual remarks the women would hop in bed with them.

Now of course it is perfectly alright for most of the men here to want something other than the standard of behavior of western women,  but the exaggerations of the state of western womanhood should be taken into account. 

Well said Jlogajan!  Too many times I think WM read the Agency BS and start to believe it. 

One area that I have noticed is that it appears to me that Russian people are on average thinner w/less body fat than In the USA.  Of course this can vary by city and region.  I noticed that in the larger cities of Moscow and St. Pete, the people on average were heavier than the smaller cities I have been to.  Maybe all the Western tourists? ;D  And before someone asks where is all my scientific data??? Don't have any, but I have a pair of eyes.  It is so evident as soon as you re-enter the USA in the airport.  And I believe that there are more overweight people in the mid-west of USA as opposed to say California. 

I was talking to a Russian relative of my GF about this, and I stated that I believed Russians had less fat because of the exercise in everyday life they get, I think Americans have made things a little too convenient and accessible and we just don't move as much ;D   His comment was interesting, he related it to stress and that Americans have less stress  because they wake up everyday with stability, they know their job, money and government will be the same.... really made me think.

Some agencies want you to believe there is a big difference in women.  Of course there may be some culteral differences, but not what they try to promote.

Just my opinion of course ;D

Offline Wiz

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2007, 07:48:08 AM »
Well said Jlogajan!  Too many times I think WM read the Agency BS and start to believe it. 

One area that I have noticed is that it appears to me that Russian people are on average thinner w/less body fat than In the USA.  Of course this can vary by city and region.  I noticed that in the larger cities of Moscow and St. Pete, the people on average were heavier than the smaller cities I have been to.  Maybe all the Western tourists? ;D  And before someone asks where is all my scientific data??? Don't have any, but I have a pair of eyes.  It is so evident as soon as you re-enter the USA in the airport.  And I believe that there are more overweight people in the mid-west of USA as opposed to say California. 

I was talking to a Russian relative of my GF about this, and I stated that I believed Russians had less fat because of the exercise in everyday life they get, I think Americans have made things a little too convenient and accessible and we just don't move as much ;D   His comment was interesting, he related it to stress and that Americans have less stress  because they wake up everyday with stability, they know their job, money and government will be the same.... really made me think.

Some agencies want you to believe there is a big difference in women.  Of course there may be some culteral differences, but not what they try to promote.

Just my opinion of course ;D

Hi

Russian people and of course women are thinner and more slender from western people because they have no cars to go down the road, as we do, and have to walk allot in their daily life.

Last February/March that I was in Russia, following my G/F around and eating normally, made me to loose 10 KG and now that I am here again, I feel the same.....and frankly I feel much healthier despite my smoking.

Of course the climate make their women also very attractive.

Registration