The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Black Men and Their Prospects With Russian and/or Ukrainian Women  (Read 51755 times)

Offline Jinx

• Watched
Mod note - Split from another topic

At another forum, they welcomed a black guy that joined and was interested in going to Russia.

Jinx, don't recall reading this post but I hope their were some that advised him that most Russian/Ukraine women will never consider him because he is black.

Jack,

Oddly enough I personally know two Russian women from the same city (Volzhsky) that are very much into black guys. Don't know about marriage, but they are definitely attracted to them.

You might be a little out of touch with the younger girls, they listen to all the same crap rap music as they do here and as women all over the world...they are attracted to the "bad boy" image  ::)

I'm surprised you didn't know this as you seemed to have looked into my trip to Volzhky and my relationship with Olesya...our big fight in Moscow was directly related to this issue....she was mesmerized by 50 Cent on TV and began telling me she loves criminals  :o

PS. Now that I think about it, I knew a girl from Lucky Lovers that was also attracted to "dark skinned men"  I don't think it's as uncommon as some might think. I remember our friend Olya visiting us and seeing Ladanian Tomlinson in a TV commercial and her saying "he is so beautiful"  and Olesya told me she is not prejudice or a racist.  You can't genearlize about an entire country of women, I'm sure there is some room for black men there.

Offline nunya

• RIP
    • First Dream
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Black Men and Their Prospects With Russian and/or Ukrainian Women
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 06:33:55 PM »
Oddly enough I personally know two Russian women from the same city (Volzhsky) that are very much into black guys.

Two?  Only two? 

You might be a little out of touch with the younger girls, they listen to all the same crap rap music as they do here and as women all over the world...they are attracted to the "bad boy" image  ::)

Oh I can assure you jinx I am quite in touch with the younger women.  And I can say with no doubt that maybe, at the most, and on the high side, maybe 6 or 7 young women, and again I am sure this is on the high side, maybe 6 or 7 young women out of a hundred would have anything to do with a blackman.

The prejudice is quite high. I'm somewhat surprised you did not know this? 

I'm surprised you didn't know this as you seemed to have looked into my trip to Volzhky and my relationship with Olesya...our big fight in Moscow was directly related to this issue....she was mesmerized by 50 Cent on TV and began telling me she loves criminals  :o

No jinx, I did not know that she dumped you for a black man.

Guess that means you know three ladies from Volzhky who like black men.
  ;D

p.s. now that I think about it I knew a girl from Lucky Lovers that was also attracted to "dark skinned men" 

Thousands and thousands of Russian ladies on LL, I can believe that.

I don't think it's as uncommon as some might think.

Well, as usual, we will agree to disagree.  It is VERY uncommon.

You can't genearlize about an entire country of women, I'm sure there is some room for black men there.

jinx, when over 90% of a particular segment of a population feel a certain way, I think it's somewhat safe to generalize.

Of course their will be some Russian women who will have an interest in a black man. There are Russian women who have married black American men, it does and will happen. But their is no getting around the prejudice that Russian women, and men, have towards black people.

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 07:55:47 PM »
Of course their will be some Russian women who will have an interest in a black man. There are Russian women who have married black American men, it does and will happen. But their is no getting around the prejudice that Russian women, and men, have towards black people. 

I know there was a time in Moscow between 2001-2004 where it was considered quite "stylish" for women in the club scene in Moscow to experiment with dating black men.    It went along with the "stylish" trend between 2002-2005 for women in the Moscow club scene to experiement with lesbian relationships. 

In either case, I don't think this experimentation was meant to lead to permanent relationships.
"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun" - Katharine Hepburn

Offline Jinx

• Watched
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 11:11:28 PM »
 Jack,

The fact that I know three women that are attracted to black men is a pretty high number considering I don't know that many Russian women  :biggrin:

Where did you get "she dumped you for a black guy" from Jack?  I said we had an argument which was partly started by a 50 Cent music video. She didn't dump me for anyone, we just didn't click and had very bad communication (language barrier)  She did eventually end up with an Armenian guy (dark skinned), not married but he knocked her up.

I agree with Brad though, it's probably just fashionable to be attracted to black men now in Russia, I don't think many women would consider marriage. I think younger people are much less prejudice though, same as here.

Offline mobyone

• Watched
  • Spouses Country: UK
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 12:03:36 AM »
Oddly enough I personally know two Russian women from the same city (Volzhsky) that are very much into black guys.

Two?  Only two? 

Jack, I know a FSU woman who likes Black men - she does not live in the FSU. She is an intelligent woman, and I think no matter how "in touch" you may THINK you are ( esp. with young women - if that is something to be "proud" of ) you may be mistaken, here.

Volzhsky has had instances of quite brutal racism, but does that mean there won't be women who feel differently.. who knows.. may be the attacks were because of jealousy?..

EDIT: I like this moving off topics to new places... you never know where your post will be... :) 

Offline nunya

• RIP
    • First Dream
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 02:17:45 PM »

Where did you get "she dumped you for a black guy" from Jack? 

From you jinx,

our big fight in Moscow was directly related to this issue....

She did eventually end up with an Armenian guy (dark skinned),

Yep, looks like she does prefer dark skinned men.

Jack, I know a FSU woman who likes Black men - she does not live in the FSU. She is an intelligent woman,

Cool!  8)  You know one more such woman like this than I do.

Volzhsky has had instances of quite brutal racism, but does that mean there won't be women who feel differently.. who knows.. may be the attacks were because of jealousy?..

I don't think the racial attacks I have seen, read and heard about have anything to do with jealousy, at least not those attacks done by the many skinhead and various other groups.

I probably average getting a call a week from a black man who has interest in meeting a Russian woman. I tell this man of "my opinion" of the great amount of prejudice that still exist today.  Sure, it is better today than 10 years ago, but still their is a great amount of prejudice and these men MUST be told this, no sugar coating this serious issue.  The only women I see on websites who write of their interest to meet a black man I think are mostly scammers, as many of these same young beauties also write age difference is no problem.  Sure!  And if you believe that you'll believe Ed's eight single Russian women to every man bullschit.

What do I tell these black men? I tell them they are wasting their time buying addresses or going on socials. Their best chance is to run ads of themselves in newspapers, let the ladies see his photo and read about him. Their will be a very small percent of scammers responding to a black man through a newspaper. Their will be a much higher percentage of scammers replying to black men who run their ads on internet sites.  How do I know this msmoby_ru?  Because we run such ads for black men. 

I think no matter how "in touch" you may THINK you are you may be mistaken, here.

msmoby_ru, if YOU THINK a good percentage of Russian women have marriage interest in a black man then it is YOU who are mistaken here.  As with jinx, you and I will simply have to agree to disagree towards the great amount of prejudice that still exist with most Russian/Ukraine men and women.

esp. with young women - if that is something to be "proud" of

Why yes msmoby_ru, I am quite proud of my relationship with the many young women I know. Most of my staff, workers, and associates are ladies of  21, 22, 23, 24 years of age.

In addition to the actual time I am able to spend with many of these ladies, I am also in, if not daily, weekly contact with.  I see and hear what these ladies say and think about black men.  And it's not only ladies from Kharkov, Dnepropetrovsk, Lugansk, Kiev, Odessa, Nikolayev, Zaporozhye, these same feelings are expressed by most of the young Russian women I know from Volgograd, Tver, Moscow, St. Pete, Novosibisrk, Kazan, Ufa.

So although you can try to make it sound like something dirty, something it appears you are quite good at and often try to do on at least two Russian discussion boards, I am quite proud of my experience with the many young ladies, good young ladies, that I am blessed to work with.

Offline Olga_Mouse

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 02:47:37 PM »

I know there was a time in Moscow between 2001-2004 where it was considered quite "stylish" for women in the club scene in Moscow to experiment with dating black men.   

In either case, I don't think this experimentation was meant to lead to permanent relationships.

I know a... erm, can't say "girl" as she's one year older than me! so "young woman" then... here in Moscow who, in the time period mentionned above by Shakespear, was a big fan of black strip dancer called Dylan.

She was going to see his shows every week and said that thinking about him has helped her to have "best masturbations in her life".

However when her brother, tired of hearing her speaking constantly about that Dylan, offered her to rent him for a night (remember - he was a strip dancer...  ::) )  as a birthday present to her, she declined that kind offer  :-\
Leaving Russia is not an emigration, rather an evacuation.

Offline mobyone

• Watched
  • Spouses Country: UK
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 03:07:25 PM »
Jack, I know a FSU woman who likes Black men - she does not live in the FSU. She is an intelligent woman,

Cool!  8)  You know one more such woman like this than I do.

One of us is obviously, leading a "sheltered existence", or  they're not opening up to you, Jack :))

I don't think the racial attacks I have seen, read and heard about have anything to do with jealousy, at least not those attacks done by the many skinhead and various other groups.

Jack, when people die, it is a well known fact that the first place the people look is amongst folk they know and relatives!

I probably average getting a call a week from a black man who has interest in meeting a Russian woman. I tell this man of "my opinion" of the great amount of prejudice that still exist today.  Sure, it is better today than 10 years ago, but still their is a great amount of prejudice and these men MUST be told this, no sugar coating this serious issue.  The only women I see on websites who write of their interest to meet a black man I think are mostly scammers, as many of these same young beauties also write age difference is no problem.  Sure!  And if you believe that you'll believe Ed's eight single Russian women to every man bullschit.

Jack, I'm not claiming most or many FSUW are interested in Black guys, but I'm pleased to say ( may be more outside of their homeland) FSUW don't seem to be so prejudiced...

Don't set me off about Ed's "numbers" ..

What do I tell these black men? I tell them they are wasting their time buying addresses or going on socials. Their best chance is to run ads of themselves in newspapers, let the ladies see his photo and read about him. Their will be a very small percent of scammers responding to a black man through a newspaper. Their will be a much higher percentage of scammers replying to black men who run their ads on internet sites.  How do I know this msmoby_ru?  Because we run such ads for black men. 

Would you not say this demonstrates that Black Men should be "avoiding" you altogether or you could offer to post their profiles on LL, Mamba, etc ?!   Here is a niche biz opportunity , Jack

I think no matter how "in touch" you may THINK you are you may be mistaken, here.

msmoby_ru, if YOU THINK a good percentage of Russian women have marriage interest in a black man then it is YOU who are mistaken here.  As with jinx, you and I will simply have to agree to disagree towards the great amount of prejudice that still exist with most Russian/Ukraine men and women.

OK. Leave the market open for the "Ed's of this world ;).. I'm surprised that *I*- not having met so many women as you - have met more ( any)  FSU ladies that would consider a Black guy..

esp. with young women - if that is something to be "proud" of

Why yes msmoby_ru, I am quite proud of my relationship with the many young women I know. Most of my staff, workers, and associates are ladies of  21, 22, 23, 24 years of age.

Careful Jack... ! Many of the Russian speaking young folk I know are 17-19 years old.. they like Rap music, Street Basketball, 50 cents ( sorry Jinx) .. take a look at vkontakte.ru.. so I guess these "younger" folk are more tolerant than the "oldies" you mix with ;))  ?!

In addition to the actual time I am able to spend with many of these ladies, I am also in, if not daily, weekly contact with.  I see and hear what these ladies say and think about black men.  And it's not only ladies from Kharkov, Dnepropetrovsk, Lugansk, Kiev, Odessa, Nikolayev, Zaporozhye, these same feelings are expressed by most of the young Russian women I know from Volgograd, Tver, Moscow, St. Pete, Novosibisrk, Kazan, Ufa.

Jack, I used to read profiles and saw "white, Causcasian" - I repeat, I'm not saying a majority.. I *am* saying there's a sizeable minority.. !

So although you can try to make it sound like something dirty, something it appears you are quite good at and often try to do on at least two Russian discussion boards, I am quite proud of my experience with the many young ladies, good young ladies, that I am blessed to work with.

Jack, have you ever thought about why you advise Black guys to be realistic about their chances, then introduce White western men to women half their age...  There is nothing wrong in employing young members of staff.. 

Most men with daughters in their late teens or early twenties think it is strange that they would be seriously interested in marriage to a guy the same age as them... Let's get "dirty " in perspective..

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 03:31:39 PM »
Quote from: Nunya
I tell this man of "my opinion" of the great amount of prejudice that still exist today.  Sure, it is better today than 10 years ago, but still their is a great amount of prejudice and these men MUST be told this, no sugar coating this serious issue.  The only women I see on websites who write of their interest to meet a black man I think are mostly scammers, as many of these same young beauties also write age difference is no problem. 

I am with Jack on this one mostly.

Asian guys seem to fare a little better, as do oriental looking guys. Anyone with any kind of colour that is minimal (ie, could you pass for an Italian or a Spaniard?) seem to do OK. Outside of big cities,  guys of African black descent may well encounter some considerable difficulty as Jack suggests.

People who have encountered individual women who are OK with the idea must not assume this to be a general trait amongst RW. Some will be OK with it; many won't even consider the idea.

My wife has had several women who have refused point blank to correspond with black guys when approached. I don't think she has successfully facilitated such a communication yet in fact.

Interesting article on Racism in Russia: http://passportmagazine.ru/article/400/
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 05:01:51 PM »
For what it is worth - to thrive in Obamanation - we all have to have a diverse team - a Nigerian business associate sought me out because of my veteran status and we are now a sub on a major GWAC - anyway I have seen him in action many times and you would be surprised how many highly educated German, Romanian, Russian and Ukrainian women he has taught "breathing lessons to so that they could negotiate the shock" - he pretty much avoids the ones under 5'8" and less than 150 pounds as he does not want to "commit murder" :evilgrin0002:

Lilly white young and not so young lovlies stare at him transfixed when he starts discussing anatomical issues ...

Beware the Snow Princess you bring to the land of any thing goes as you may be in for the Shock of your life!!!

Fortunately for me less than 5'8" and under 130 lbs is my sweet spot so it works out just fine...

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2008, 07:41:20 PM »
I know a... erm, can't say "girl" as she's one year older than me! so "young woman" then... here in Moscow who, in the time period mentioned above by Shakespear, was a big fan of black strip dancer called Dylan.  She was going to see his shows every week and said that thinking about him has helped her to have "best masturbation's in her life".

At one time I knew Dylan and his crew of dancers personally.  The were regulars on Friday and Sunday nights at The Hungry Duck. Your "friend" could have fullfilled her fantasy by simply going to the Duck on one of those nights and "volunteering" to participate in one of the shows.  This would have required her to strip down at least topless and act in simulated sex acts on stage.  Your 'friend" might have even had an orgasm.
"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun" - Katharine Hepburn

Offline David Rochlin

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2008, 12:49:14 AM »
Ukraine:
There actually are black citizens of Ukraine, you know.  One of my interpreters in Odessa was a black woman.
Aside from that, some Ukrainians I have dealt with, expressed to me that they feel a sort of afinity for African Americans and the culture.  The Ukrainian world view and the way black Americans see things as a group, might have more in common than the what white, middle class Americans have in common with Ukrainians.
They love Rap.  But, then there is racism and hatred as well.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2008, 01:14:34 PM »
Ukraine:
There actually are black citizens of Ukraine, you know.  One of my interpreters in Odessa was a black woman.
Aside from that, some Ukrainians I have dealt with, expressed to me that they feel a sort of afinity for African Americans and the culture.  The Ukrainian world view and the way black Americans see things as a group, might have more in common than the what white, middle class Americans have in common with Ukrainians.
They love Rap.  But, then there is racism and hatred as well.

My Nigerian Biz associate wants me to being him over on one of Nunya's Kiev parties - I keep telling him I think its too dangerous, not necessarily for him - but - for me and that I really don't want to set myself up as a target for any Neo-Nationalists :duh:

Offline mbwaring

Little Black Men
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2009, 01:51:24 PM »
 ;D I know two Russian girls both 18 and went off find two black pygmies both 48 they are madly in love
 And want them return Russia help run marketing business! Russian women are just as trendy as rest
They can be better than western women!

Offline matt

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2009, 10:11:22 PM »
 I have known a few RW who were attracted to black men. That is not the norm but it happens. If we are talking sexual attraction I would have to say probably more young RW would find some black men more sexually attractive( http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=54401565&albumID=450877&imageID=18807628

http://www.imdb.com/rg/action-box-name/headshot/media/rm3582696704/nm0425005

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Blair-Underwood/photo//081230/photos_eonline_en/bcda17f394901b4a33f30a2ff7d28065//s:/eonline/20081230/en_top_eo/76965;_ylt=Au7e4ZeYmotR41JPQNWJnbS_.nQA

then much older men or obese men. But that does not stop those types of men from men from traveling as the womans sexual preference is rarely on their thoughts. Women may not marry the black man but marry the much older or obese man. Not because they are a sexual preference. But the mucg older or obese man will be more accepting to family and society . Unlike men may marry the man who is more socially acceptable,forfeiting their sexual attraction for acceptance.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2009, 02:02:01 AM »
Girls/women DO experiment - just like blokes do. But there is a big gap between that with which we experiment and that with whom/which we make life choices.

When I was a student in Finland we had many students from around the world. The guys did very well with local girls, there was a degree of cachet in shagging foreign blokes. I know of only one girl who actually married out - she married a Dutch guy even whiter than she - and that's saying somethng. ANother Spanish bloke had high hopes but I do not know the outcome.

Bottom line, from everything I see, the chances of a black (negro) bloke bagging a decent, non desperate woman with serious intent on marriage are pretty slim. If the same bloke has game, is sociable and good looking then chances are that he can score pretty good and fill his memory with many good recollections. The two things are quite different.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline matt

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2009, 09:09:58 AM »
Girls/women DO experiment - just like blokes do. But there is a big gap between that with which we experiment and that with whom/which we make life choices.

When I was a student in Finland we had many students from around the world. The guys did very well with local girls, there was a degree of cachet in shagging foreign blokes. I know of only one girl who actually married out - she married a Dutch guy even whiter than she - and that's saying somethng. ANother Spanish bloke had high hopes but I do not know the outcome.

Bottom line, from everything I see, the chances of a black (negro) bloke bagging a decent, non desperate woman with serious intent on marriage are pretty slim. If the same bloke has game, is sociable and good looking then chances are that he can score pretty good and fill his memory with many good recollections. The two things are quite different.

I agree with most of what you said. that's what puzzles me about women. The fact they will marry someone who is acceptable socially but will forego their sexuality. It used to be thought sex in marriage was a chore to women. I now understand why as it would be a chore to me also to be sexually involved with a person I had no attraction to in order to have security and a family. As though you are paying your dues.

It was also thought by therapist  most wives were frigid. I wonder how many of those wives were not actually frigid, but just not sexually attracted to the husband. I think it's one of those awful secrets women will not admit. Because then they'll have to explain what prompted her to marry a man she has no sexual attraction for and it is difficult to look into ones self and admit "security" was the reason. Give those same frigid wives their dream guy  and they may turn into a hot tamale.

I've heard guys say before the marriage the wife was hot to trot, but afterwards sex was not as good. That tells a lot about women too. They will do whatever it takes to trap the man. Once they have him all pretense is gone.

Sort of sad. In a way I wish women were more like men and would marry who fulfills their sexually desire and physical ones too. We may be shallow but we do not usually marry a woman we have no attraction for. Well, most of us don't. But now I see there is a new breed of men who marry old women who have money. I'm sure sex is a chore for them too. And oh, forgot. Same goes for the guys in Spain,Egypt,Dominican who marry women sex tourist old enough to be grandmothers. Seems many people do anything for security. Probably why some equate marriage to legal prostitution.

Offline mendeleyev

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2009, 09:56:29 AM »
Matt, your argument makes the mistake of believing that in these particular women only a black man can satisfy her sexually.   Study after study validates that for a women the sexual experience is much more than fitting an object into her body.  It is how she is accepted and treated outside the bedroom and not the size of a massive tool or the colour of the tool.  You're trying to make a woman fit into the man's view of sexual satisfaction and we're just wired too differently to do that.

While it's true that a man of colour has many more challenges in being accepted in that part of the world, the good news is that if he can make a woman feel good about herself and about life outside the bedroom, then he increases his chances for success in the entire relationship no matter where he travels in the world.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2009, 10:34:11 AM »
Lets add a few facts to the equation:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_HIV/AIDS_adult_prevalence_rate

This is a list of countries and territories by people living with HIV/AIDS and the prevalence rate among adults, based on data from various sources, such as the The CIA World Factbook [1][2] The table makes clear Africa's unfortunate position in the worldwide HIV/AIDS epidemic, as the 19 countries worldwide with the highest prevalence of reported infections are all African countries with more than 24.5 million, and more than 60% of the AIDS-infected population. South Africa is reported to have the largest population living with the disease, at well over 5 million people infected.

On the more fortunate end of the spectrum, Samoa is reported as having the smallest infected population (reporting only 12 cases), with countries such as Bosnia and Herzegovina, Philippines, Japan, Iran, Germany, Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, and People's Republic of China among others being reported to have the lowest prevalence of the disease among reported nations, at approximately 0.01% of their populations, respectively.

As the majority of people infected with HIV, are unaware they have the virus, it is reasonable to expect that there may be significant cases of under-reporting and inaccuracies in certain listed statistics.

Offline jb

• I was anti-obama before it was cool
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2009, 10:43:23 AM »
I just hope no one shows my wife any naked pictures of those Samoa dudes,,, they are huge~!  They make an American black man look like a pygmy.   

My God~!... How funny.
I was anti-obama before it was cool

Offline jb

• I was anti-obama before it was cool
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2009, 10:47:21 AM »
There was a young woman recently asking about male penis sizes, she learned they came in the following:

1.) Small
2.) Medium
3.) Large
and,,,, OMG~! Does that come in white?
I was anti-obama before it was cool

Offline matt

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2009, 12:10:53 PM »
Matt, your argument makes the mistake of believing that in these particular women only a black man can satisfy her sexually.   Study after study validates that for a women the sexual experience is much more than fitting an object into her body.  It is how she is accepted and treated outside the bedroom and not the size of a massive tool or the colour of the tool.  You're trying to make a woman fit into the man's view of sexual satisfaction and we're just wired too differently to do that.

While it's true that a man of colour has many more challenges in being accepted in that part of the world, the good news is that if he can make a woman feel good about herself and about life outside the bedroom, then he increases his chances for success in the entire relationship no matter where he travels in the world.

I'm not saying a black man is what they want. I'm saying many women forego sexual attraction for security. It's not uncommon for a woman to marry a much older man for security and then screw around with the poolboy, personal trainer,kids coach. Ironically, most of the guys they fool around with have 2 things in common. Youth and looks. They can say all they want about how a man makes them feel is what's important. But I'm sure some ugly old bloke would be so grateful he would make her feel like a queen outside the bedroom as he would worship her. But the visuals are also important. Women just hate to admit it because if they do, they can't accuse men of being the only ones who are shallow,

The day I see beautiful women married to young or old successful men having affairs with old ugly men who have nothing to offer them but nice words and making her feel "special" , then I will agree women are looking for someone who makes her feel
good and treats them like a queen and not youth and looks when they can get it.

They are simply more like men then we care to admit. As it is obvious even in hollyweird. Women with the money and power do not marry aging men. But most are marrying younger ones. Women who obtained money and power through rich husbands and are now divorced marry the young ones too. It becomes interesting as the young folks get married to old,leave old,then buy youth with the money the old ones(guys or gals) give them.

Ultimately I think both sexes value youth and verility. But will settle for much older if they are looking for financial security and cannot find a rich younger man to supply it. The women who can find a young rich man who will marry her is rare indeed as the man with youth and money is quite in demand and will have tons of choices. Older man needs much more money and will find less beautiful young women who are willing.

Truth is women are shallow. They are just more practical then men because they are the ones who will be left to raise a child alone if he leaves and have a more difficult time finding another man. So financial security becomes #1. They can always cheat and find their dreamguy on the side. Getting the "best of both worlds" is what many who marry large age gaps are looking for. A man who makes her feel special outside of the bedroom by spoiling her and being grateful for her. Another who fulfills her sexual fantasies.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2009, 12:26:31 PM »

I'm not saying a black man is what they want. I'm saying many women forego sexual attraction for security. It's not uncommon for a woman to marry a much older man for security and then screw around with the poolboy, personal trainer,kids coach. Ironically, most of the guys they fool around with have 2 things in common. Youth and looks. They can say all they want about how a man makes them feel is what's important. But I'm sure some ugly old bloke would be so grateful he would make her feel like a queen outside the bedroom as he would worship her. But the visuals are also important. Women just hate to admit it because if they do, they can't accuse men of being the only ones who are shallow,

The day I see beautiful women married to young or old successful men having affairs with old ugly men who have nothing to offer them but nice words and making her feel "special" , then I will agree women are looking for someone who makes her feel
good and treats them like a queen and not youth and looks when they can get it.

They are simply more like men then we care to admit. As it is obvious even in hollyweird. Women with the money and power do not marry aging men. But most are marrying younger ones. Women who obtained money and power through rich husbands and are now divorced marry the young ones too. It becomes interesting as the young folks get married to old,leave old,then buy youth with the money the old ones(guys or gals) give them.

Ultimately I think both sexes value youth and verility. But will settle for much older if they are looking for financial security and cannot find a rich younger man to supply it. The women who can find a young rich man who will marry her is rare indeed as the man with youth and money is quite in demand and will have tons of choices. Older man needs much more money and will find less beautiful young women who are willing.

Truth is women are shallow. They are just more practical then men because they are the ones who will be left to raise a child alone if he leaves and have a more difficult time finding another man. So financial security becomes #1. They can always cheat and find their dreamguy on the side. Getting the "best of both worlds" is what many who marry large age gaps are looking for. A man who makes her feel special outside of the bedroom by spoiling her and being grateful for her. Another who fulfills her sexual fantasies.

I think you are bringing a strong media bias to this - many of the educated FSUW I have met in Metro Boston have mentioned that they seek a "powerful" man that can also protect them and their children.  In my personal experience many FSUW gravitate towards Captains of Industry, Businessmen, Builder/Contractors, Developers, Investors, Legal Eagles who can "control" the law, and of course wise guy types.  Typically the "Lions" among men who keep the wolves, jackals and hyenas at bay.

Offline mendeleyev

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2009, 02:42:38 PM »
Truth is women are shallow.

Don't think you've traveled much yet.  Certainly haven't met my wife and she's typical RW in many ways.  I know of other men's wives on this forum and elsewhere, and "shallow" is not even on the same planet with many of these ladies.

If you think that doing what is best for children, securing your financial future, etc is shallow then you're on very different track than most men.  If a man works hard and provides a decent retirement for he and his wife, raises his children to be responsible and honest, and serves his community, do you think he's shallow because he didn't spend that time off chasing every skirt that came down the street?

I think that would be more along the definition of "shallow."

Same for a woman by the way.

Offline matt

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2009, 02:59:02 PM »

I think you are bringing a strong media bias to this - many of the educated FSUW I have met in Metro Boston have mentioned that they seek a "powerful" man that can also protect them and their children.  In my personal experience many FSUW gravitate towards Captains of Industry, Businessmen, Builder/Contractors, Developers, Investors, Legal Eagles who can "control" the law, and of course wise guy types.  Typically the "Lions" among men who keep the wolves, jackals and hyenas at bay.

No media bias here. In fact media and scientist will tell you otherwise.

Most women American and all over the world will choose men who are "Lions" for mates. basically because he provides well. Nothing more,nothing less.  Now if that lion happens to be physically attractive and she is sexually turned on by him that is a plus. But the icing on the cake rarely comes with the Lion. You get what you get. Financially secure and physically attractive are a rare combination.Otherwise those same women with "lions" would not be laying down with men who are poolboys,trainers,teachers or simply boytoys when caught having an affair behind the "Lions" back. Why lay with dogs when you have a lion? Because the Lion looks more like a dog physically and the dog physically resembles the lion which is what she prefers sexually.

It is very much an insult to the "Lion" who believes his position in life makes him sexually attractive to much younger women not understanding it makes him "socially attractive" not sexually.

Such as Hugh Hefner who'se 3 girls all left for younger men, Larry King's wife affair with young coach,Paul McCartney's wife affair with 21 year old trainer. Women will give up sexual attraction for that "Lion". But human nature is such she will go grazing elsewhere and make sure he does not know it.