The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Russia in snow.  (Read 5053 times)

Offline fireeater

• Trips: None Yet
Re: Russia in snow.
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2008, 08:38:22 AM »
Crap...I traded in my Land Rover too soon!!!

Would do you no good, the police are using snowmoblies to rescue stranded motorists. They have the worst conditions happening at the moment. A north wind, coming in over the still warm water of the great lakes to the north. One resident said in the eighteen years he has lived there he has never seen such a snowfall.

I lived there for eight years, never saw one like that either, but they are in what is refered to as the snowbelt. Usually it is Buffalo that gets these.  :)

Offline sparky114

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Russia in snow.
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2008, 09:53:24 AM »
Hi Mark,

re snow in Oxford..

*If* we see it, you better not blink, or you'll miss it ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=2935

Hi Mark,

As usual it will be more likely rain and a biting cold wind :(

When I was in the Urals (Siberia or very close too) we had -47 and then one night 1M of snow, great fun, and the skiing in the powder was fantastic.

So the weather in Oxford is very tame after that :chuckle: Although I have a bigger affection to go where it is warm ;D

Southern Russia looks very attractive at the moment ;D

Mark
Today is only one day in a life of happiness

Mark

Registration