The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Does anyone know of a fair priced apartment in Dnepropetrovsk ?  (Read 1478 times)

Offline 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
Does anyone know of a fair priced apartment in Dnepropetrovsk ?
« on: November 04, 2008, 02:44:09 PM »
I am looking for an apartment in Dnepropetrovsk over the Christmas / New Year holidays. Of course I have "Googled" it and looked at the available apartments. My biggest issue is a large bed (a queen would be great) that allows my feet to hang over. So if they have foot boards then they are out.

There were a few of these online but then I looked at the kitchens and
all they had was a hot plate for cooking. So I thought I would ask here to
see if anyone knew of something.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline BCKev

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
Re: Does anyone know of a fair priced apartment in Dnepropetrovsk ?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 05:14:33 PM »
I've heard that Cindy Agency had some decent apartments to rent. Take a look at their website. You might want to ask donholio about apartments in Dnepropetrovsk, I know he's spent some time there.

I'll be there same time as you, not staying in the big teepee, but nearby. Flying into Dnepropetrovsk a few days before the New Year.

Offline 2tallbill

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 05:21:46 PM »
I've heard that Cindy Agency had some decent apartments to rent. Take a look at their website. You might want to ask donholio about apartments in Dnepropetrovsk, I know he's spent some time there.

I'll be there same time as you, not staying in the big teepee, but nearby. Flying into Dnepropetrovsk a few days before the New Year.

I looked at Cindy Agency they only have two burner hot plates in the kitchens. But they did have a place with a
queen bed. In the other cities that I visited they had real stoves.

I will send you a pm with my email address on it in case you want to have a pint.

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up

Offline BCKev

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 06:08:37 PM »

I looked at Cindy Agency they only have two burner hot plates in the kitchens. But they did have a place with a
queen bed. In the other cities that I visited they had real stoves.

Yah, sort of bizarre. Every apartment I've rented had a gas stove/oven. Looks like all of those apartments were remodelled and someone had the bright idea of removing the oven and replacing it with a washing machine or fridge with a hot plate on top.

Take a look at this site:  http://www.dneprapartments.com/    They might have what you want. I've never used them so can't vouch for them.

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 07:02:20 PM »
Bill I have the perfect place for you. Her name is Alla and she has a few places just off Karl Marx. I don't recall you having been there in the past ,have you ?
  She doesn't have a website that I know of,but I did stay in her nice clean (very) apartment.  Large bed fits two quite nicely without a footboard. Place has a stove and full bath,TV and wardrobe ,with about 3 doors worth of security and it's 5 floor up I think. Even comes with a scary looking balcony!
Price was about $50 p/n and the market and tram was a few steps away to take you to Karl Marx.

These are her numbers, her English isn't great. Speak clearly. Her land lines are 36 07 98 and  798 23 15
Her cell number is 380 67 750 94 44.  Call her and than take it from there. :)

I'll see if I can scrounge up some photo's, but I may need DD to give them an edit.

Offline 2tallbill

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 07:23:11 PM »
Bill I have the perfect place for you. Her name is Alla and she has a few places just off Karl Marx. I don't recall you having been there in the past ,have you ?
  She doesn't have a website that I know of,but I did stay in her nice clean (very) apartment.  Large bed fits two quite nicely without a footboard. Place has a stove and full bath,TV and wardrobe ,with about 3 doors worth of security and it's 5 floor up I think. Even comes with a scary looking balcony!
Price was about $50 p/n and the market and tram was a few steps away to take you to Karl Marx.

These are her numbers, her English isn't great. Speak clearly. Her land lines are 36 07 98 and  798 23 15
Her cell number is 380 67 750 94 44.  Call her and than take it from there. :)

I'll see if I can scrounge up some photo's, but I may need DD to give them an edit.

Don, I will send you a pm with my email address on it, in case you don't want to post anything
like this on a public forum.

Thanks,

Bill

Offline MBS01

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 06:06:44 AM »
Just read this one:

After speaking about this to my wife, and thinking about it some more.  The simple thing is for your lady to check out some of the local rental flats/agencies herself.  Just let her know that you need foot room and a full stove or whatever.  We am sure she will be able to check things out for you since she is already there, speaks the language etc.  Now she may have to pay a deposit equal to the first night's rent which you can repay once you arrive.  (Been there, done that.)

Both of you guys heading over for the holidays enjoy them with your ladies and let us know how it went.  We spent our first Christmas together there in a flat of a friend who was visiting her daughter in Germany across the road from the big "Billa" supermarket.  Handy for food shopping.

Of course since then we have always stayed with Lora's family in their home instead of in apartments when visiting in Dnepropetrovsk.