The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: The Brit Chat -  (Read 148347 times)

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: The Brit Chat -
« Reply #1675 on: February 22, 2020, 12:21:19 AM »
Good morning 'Russell'

It's Saturday at 0700 UK and Mystic says your off-board estimations of others' lives are as 'accurate', as ever ..   :coffeeread:

My dear wife is quite real and the only aide required to bring off the required result.

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Manny

« Reply #1676 on: February 22, 2020, 02:35:13 PM »
Good morning 'Russell'

It's Saturday at 0700 UK and Mystic says your off-board estimations of others' lives are as 'accurate', as ever ..   :coffeeread:

My dear wife is quite real and the only aide required to bring off the required result.

Bloody hell, are you taking advantage of the morning wood and boasting about choking the chicken again?  :eeekk:
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #1677 on: February 22, 2020, 11:06:09 PM »

Bloody hell, are you taking advantage of the morning wood and boasting about choking the chicken again?  :eeekk:

The photo was from a series taken at 5.30pm UK time ( after midnight) in Thailand .. Supper was late....

Offline Wiz

« Reply #1678 on: February 23, 2020, 02:10:01 AM »
I don’t fancy our life played out in the sidebars of the Daily Mail website or Moby and Wiz selling their fake news stories to the Daily Mirror.  :chuckle:
Personally, Mr Arthur Daley, I don't read "normally" the above rags you mentioned...(only in special circumstances) neither the right fascist Daily or Sunday. Express, where you post your articles, obviously you do to keep abreast with the local news and gossip.
Neither I am desperate for a few pennies or have a problem to put my hands in my pockets as I have no crabs there unlike you! :P

But I’m sure our media could have some fun painting me as a Putin-supporting, North Korean shpion who runs a ‘right wing Trump-supporting’ website that hosts anti-Semitic conspiracies (Wiz et al) or some such.

I have already made a statement that I am not anti-Semitic on the contrary .... but Anti-Zionist's who appear to be the main benefactors who finance and run your favourite British Party of which you are a member. Would have been fun reading or watching a video of Arthur Daley running an election campaign!  :laugh:

As you happen to have a short memory here is a reminder of what I posted regarding Anti-semitism.

Anti-Semitism

Using the “Anti-Semitic” fraudulent accusation label, created by the Jews, against me you are not only wrong but also very offensive to my person...... because:

You continue to FORGET or DELIBERATELY don’t mention that the Israeli Jews are NOT Ethnically Semites. I am, against the ”Zionist Jews" and their government actions in what is FALSELY called state of Israel, but I am not Anti-Semitic, as I support the plight of the Palestinians, the TRUE SEMITES

Those "Zionist Jews" in the state of Israel, are KHAZARIAN Ashkenazi Converted Jews from mainly Europe or Russia, who have had NO ancestors from the Middle East. It is a requirement HAVING true ancestors from the Middle East for being Semite and thus they have no NATURAL RIGHT to be in Palestine, no matter what name they use, for the STOLEN LAND they occupy, thanks to your favourite party and Lord Balfour!

tiphat  :coffeeread:
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #1679 on: February 23, 2020, 10:59:34 AM »
Nooooo, right now, our Mystic is busy making solitary mayonnaise.
His imaginary friends are probably women in bikinis helping with his mayo production.

Curious your waanksters prefer mayo and have not discovered Miracle Whip...

Curious that the UK quick to chastise the USA on all things SJW and human rights appear to be giving Julian Assange the Tommy Robinson treatment and have nearly tortured Assange to death???

https://www.infowars.com/doctors-for-assange-worry-he-may-die-in-uk-prison-having-effectively-been-tortured-to-death/

‘DOCTORS FOR ASSANGE’ WORRY HE MAY DIE IN UK PRISON HAVING ‘EFFECTIVELY BEEN TORTURED TO DEATH’
Assange’s health has been worrying his supporters for a while now

When it comes to any governments keeping control and keeping your mouth shut there are no human rights..

Best to pay your taxes keep your mouth shut and work like a slave until you die..  :chuckle:

SB good points.. in all candor curious how much you have to CYA yourself in StP RU or if you are more free due to the minimal SJW cancel culture in the more traditional mother Russia?

Offline Manny

« Reply #1680 on: April 09, 2020, 10:40:09 AM »
If any Brits want some hand gel, 12x 250ml bottles at £4 each inc UPS delivery and VAT >>here<<.

That’s quite a decent price in the current climate.

The product is a little bit more watery than I would like, but it’s 73% alcohol so that’s probably to be expected.

I have no affiliation with them at all, I simply bought some that arrived today.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Offline Wiz

« Reply #1681 on: April 09, 2020, 11:21:51 AM »
If any Brits want some hand gel, 12x 250ml bottles at £4 each inc UPS delivery and VAT >>here<<.

The product is a little bit more watery than I would like, but it’s 73% alcohol so that’s probably to be expected.

I have no affiliation with them at all, I simply bought some that arrived today

I think you have missed a number...... in the price!  :nod:

tiphat  :laugh:
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline Manny

« Reply #1682 on: April 09, 2020, 11:29:33 AM »

I think you should learn to read, then multiply 4 by 12.  :coffeeread:

Offline Manny

« Reply #1683 on: April 13, 2020, 10:25:04 AM »
Can any Brits opine on the best online share account? One that paper shares can be put into Crest with, and one can do funds, foreign shares and ISA wrappings with too? And one without a % platform charge.

I'm leaning towards Hargreaves Lansdown, unless anyone has a better suggestion?

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #1684 on: April 13, 2020, 10:34:26 AM »
Can any Brits opine on the best online share account? One that paper shares can be put into Crest with, and one can do funds, foreign shares and ISA wrappings with too? And one without a % platform charge.

I'm leaning towards Hargreaves Lansdown, unless anyone has a better suggestion?
I use Equiniti. They charge a flat fee of £12 per transaction and a £20 account fee.
I don’t trade in foreign shares though so can’t say anything on that score.

It’s a good time to buy.....

Offline Manny

« Reply #1685 on: April 13, 2020, 04:21:15 PM »

I used to dabble a few years ago, I’m thinking it’s time to dip a toe in the water again. The worst of the virus is over and it still looks to me like there is some opportunity to make a few quid.

Online Guile

« Reply #1686 on: April 13, 2020, 06:06:14 PM »

I think you should learn to read, then multiply 4 by 12.  :coffeeread:

ol' Wiz can't even figure out simple math..yet expects us to read all those articles he posts?  ???

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
« Reply #1687 on: April 13, 2020, 10:18:07 PM »

I used to dabble a few years ago, I’m thinking it’s time to dip a toe in the water again. The worst of the virus is over and it still looks to me like there is some opportunity to make a few quid.
There’s some good undervalued stock out there.
Saying that, I was due a hefty dividend payout this month which has been cancelled due to the current market tensions and my stock portfolio has taken quite a bashing. 

:GRRRR:

Offline Manny

« Reply #1688 on: April 13, 2020, 11:07:02 PM »
I was thinking about some of the reasonably safe stuff, oil, pharmaceuticals, supermarkets, etc. I haven’t looked yet, it might be a bit late already.

I haven’t looked, but I’d assume stock like McDonald’s is well down. But as soon as they open up again and all the proletariat start munching burgers again, it would go back up.

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
« Reply #1689 on: April 14, 2020, 01:44:48 AM »
I was thinking about some of the reasonably safe stuff, oil, pharmaceuticals, supermarkets, etc. I haven’t looked yet, it might be a bit late already.

I haven’t looked, but I’d assume stock like McDonald’s is well down. But as soon as they open up again and all the proletariat start munching burgers again, it would go back up.

I actually looked at McDonalds Corp about a week ago just out of interest, I think the time to buy was middle of last month, they are on their way up now, not far off what they were earlier this year.

Not sure how much they will continue to rise at the moment,  if you had bought £1000 worth of shares 12 years or so ago, they would have been worth ca.£3500 in 2018. Personally I don't think they are a buy right now, there will be better ones, but I have been out of it for a good while now so need to do some work and research before getting involved again.

PS I used to use Redmayne Bentley, but like I said, its a good while since I dabbled and I have no doubt there are better online stockbrokers around these days.
Слава Україні

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #1690 on: April 14, 2020, 03:24:37 AM »

I actually looked at McDonalds Corp about a week ago just out of interest, I think the time to buy was middle of last month, they are on their way up now, not far off what they were earlier this year.

Not sure how much they will continue to rise at the moment,  if you had bought £1000 worth of shares 12 years or so ago, they would have been worth ca.£3500 in 2018. Personally I don't think they are a buy right now, there will be better ones, but I have been out of it for a good while now so need to do some work and research before getting involved again.

PS I used to use Redmayne Bentley, but like I said, its a good while since I dabbled and I have no doubt there are better online stockbrokers around these days.

You got to wait 12 years to make 2500! Surely it can't be even worth wasting time and effort buying shares and that unless you got 500K to spend?
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
« Reply #1691 on: April 14, 2020, 03:53:14 AM »

You got to wait 12 years to make 2500! Surely it can't be even worth wasting time and effort buying shares and that unless you got 500K to spend?

I wouldn't have waited that long, that is for sure, just gave it as an example of how they had done over a period of time.
Слава Україні

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #1692 on: April 14, 2020, 04:10:41 AM »
I bought some oil stocks.
trading last year at $56
when I bought trading at 26
Should have bought week or two before
but figure a year and I will do decent on it.

I don't buy and sell much, normally only big companies
and hold for longer periods. I don't have enough education or experience.
But I figure oil is going back up and guess is about a year.

There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline Olga_Mouse

« Reply #1693 on: April 14, 2020, 05:30:07 AM »
 :offtopic:
Hi guys,
got a call today from a UK "Reading" number which, most likely, is a fake one:
https://fakenumber.org/phone/+44-118-496-0709
Any ideas as to what kind of scam it might be?  :popcorn:
Calling russian mobile number from abroad still costs some money; so, unless the scammers have hopes to make a huge profit, they wouldn't make that investment...
Leaving Russia is not an emigration, rather an evacuation.

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
« Reply #1694 on: April 14, 2020, 05:40:28 AM »
:offtopic:
Hi guys,
got a call today from a UK "Reading" number which, most likely, is a fake one:
https://fakenumber.org/phone/+44-118-496-0709
Any ideas as to what kind of scam it might be?  :popcorn:
Calling russian mobile number from abroad still costs some money; so, unless the scammers have hopes to make a huge profit, they wouldn't make that investment...
The number belongs to an organisation called ‘The Let it Be Foundation, based in Reading, England. It’s a charity. You’re right to be cautious though.

Offline Olga_Mouse

« Reply #1695 on: April 14, 2020, 05:48:02 AM »
The number belongs to an organisation called ‘The Let it Be Foundation, based in Reading, England. It’s a charity. You’re right to be cautious though.

Ah! It's Liz's foundation! Then it might have been her husband, Thomas, calling me...

Thanks for checking, DogSoldier!
Leaving Russia is not an emigration, rather an evacuation.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #1696 on: April 14, 2020, 05:58:01 AM »
Dear Olga

Just because it shows a UK number- it does not mean it's that number calling  - it's called spoofing.

It might actually BE the charity and if it was, they'll likely  have IP telephony systems that mean calling Russia is nigh on free.

I have Russian numbers to call Russian numbers, as it's cheaper - it does not matter where I'm located.. 

SC has a UK 800 ( free ) number - she can call the UK from her RU mobile and show the UK number and folks call call her in Thailand / RU / Cyprus as if she's in the UK

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
« Reply #1697 on: April 14, 2020, 05:58:44 AM »

Ah! It's Liz's foundation! Then it might have been her husband, Thomas, calling me...

Thanks for checking, DogSoldier!
You’re welcome. I take it you know them, then. 😃

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #1698 on: April 14, 2020, 06:31:03 AM »
Olga, the site to which you linked is a provider of fake numbers. They are used for showbiz or by people needing to use a fake number on a form. It looks as though any number that one inputs to the system shows up as fake!

Here's a reverse phone listing site for U.S numbers: https://www.whitepages.com/reverse-phone. Here's one for the UK but you'll likely need to use a VPN to access it: https://who-called.co.uk/
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #1699 on: April 14, 2020, 06:52:15 AM »
Olga, the site to which you linked is a provider of fake numbers. They are used for showbiz or by people needing to use a fake number on a form. It looks as though any number that one inputs to the system shows up as fake!

Here's a reverse phone listing site for U.S numbers: https://www.whitepages.com/reverse-phone. Here's one for the UK but you'll likely need to use a VPN to access it: https://who-called.co.uk/

Dear andrewfi

WHY would you need a UK  VPN to view 'who called me?' ...Did you check by making a RU VPN ?  ..Of course not ...  You do NOT need a VPN  :'(