The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Where is DD?  (Read 21454 times)

Offline Paul

Re: Where is DD?
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2008, 06:12:37 AM »
DD, good to see you back.  But I really don't understand your problem.  Your profile states that you are from New York.  I have been there 5 or 6 times and I have seen lots of incredibly beautiful women working at jobs in department stores, cafes and malls.  Undoubtedly a lot of these women came to New York to work in TV, movies or the fashion industry and didn't make a career of it.  It would seem that you have a number of opportunities at home to find a beautiful woman.  And if you are looking for one with a Russian accent isn't Brooklyn home to a large group of Russian immigrants.

Surely "Sex and the City" wasn't entirely wrong about single, beautiful NYC women looking for love and romance.

WestCoast, that is down-state... New York City. I live near Syracuse, NY... it is a 5 hour drive to NYC from here. The idea that my perceived location is the most attractive thing about me to many of the women who contact me, is also depressing, lol.

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2008, 06:17:54 AM »
DD, good to see you back.  But I really don't understand your problem.  Your profile states that you are from New York.  I have been there 5 or 6 times and I have seen lots of incredibly beautiful women working at jobs in department stores, cafes and malls.  Undoubtedly a lot of these women came to New York to work in TV, movies or the fashion industry and didn't make a career of it.  It would seem that you have a number of opportunities at home to find a beautiful woman.  And if you are looking for one with a Russian accent isn't Brooklyn home to a large group of Russian immigrants.

Surely "Sex and the City" wasn't entirely wrong about single, beautiful NYC women looking for love and romance.
kidding? if DD said that Kiev girl wanted too good life level, do you think NY women will not want even more?

But Julie the NYC women are already in the country, they know what real life is like in NYC.  They know, even the beautiful ones, that the chances of running into a multi-millionaire while working at the mall or a Broadway theatre or while selling cosmetics at Bloomingdale's are virtually non existent.  NYC is a very expensive city, a Park Avenue lifestyle is only available to a select few.
andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

That means I'm a subject matter expert on all things Russia, Ukraine and UK.

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2008, 06:29:20 AM »

WestCoast, that is down-state... New York City. I live near Syracuse, NY... it is a 5 hour drive to NYC from here. The idea that my perceived location is the most attractive thing about me to many of the women who contact me, is also depressing, lol.

Sorry, DD but Syracuse is still a reasonably large metropolitan area.  And if I'm not mistaken aren't there a large number of universities and colleges in the area.  If you are too old for college girls there is always the professors and other university employees.  I don't know the population NY state but it is undoubtedly close to  15 or 20 million and if you are willing to go to Kiev looking for love, surely five hours down state isn't too far.  Maybe one of those NYC women wants to escape her "Sex and the City" lifestyle.
andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

That means I'm a subject matter expert on all things Russia, Ukraine and UK.

Offline pup zemly

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2008, 06:55:56 AM »
NY women are looking for richer men than them

Offline mirror

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2008, 07:32:10 AM »
day_dreamer
I ignored her. A few days later she sends me another message asking why I didn't reply, and we began talking from there.

I would answer that I didn't want to replay and finish story. :chuckle:

Offline fireeater

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2008, 08:37:15 AM »
day_dreamer

1) I read a few stories from the women at Antidate about their experiences, and reflecting on my own... I have come to the conclusion that 98% of the FSU women who are looking for a foreigner, have unrealistic dreams about who they might meet, and the majority of them (the women) are chasing a fairytale fantasy.

I may be agree with you -in AD women speak with women...we have 2 men there only so if you have some comments why not to make it there (or here)? What female dreams do you think are not realistic?

I'm thinking about two women in particular from AD,.. one thinks she is going to meet a diplomat or some other foreign dignitary  ::) Her unrealistic dreams are a bit extreme, but others are not too far off from hers ::)

Quote from: Mirror
I was communicating with many many men in dating sites and nearly all men say that they are prepared only to sit home,watch TV and wait when a woman will come to him and to marry him by her own...do you find male dreams realistic?

There are more than just a few silly men involved in this.

Quote from: day_dreamer
2) I have been arguing with a few Muslims on another site about their religion of "peace."  :chuckle:

Don't you like Muslims? 

I do not like Islam.

Quote from: day_dreamer
3) I was talking with a very very very beautiful woman from Kiev for a little while and came to the conclusion that I could never provide the lifestyle that would make her happy (I doubt any man on this site in the age range she is looking for could). So, I've been a little depressed about all of this, it's no big deal.

:chuckle: You must know that Ukr women are very popular for western men cos of no visa to come to Ukr and this fact makes them (UW) more selective and ask more from men and to sale their beauties for more expensive price...so don't bother to try to make her life better she will get it by her own...look after yourself. :)

Mirror, she contacted me. She is more attractive than most women from Ukraine, and it would take a very wealthy man to provide her with a lifestyle that would make her happy.

I have had a few that have contacted me that turn out to be more looking more for that style of living, then a true relationship. Whether one could "afford" her or not, is never the answer. I do not believe one would last, if that is her attitude towards marriage. Disappointing, but you move on to the next one who just may be the right one.   :o Just my thoughts.

Even have a few "Model" quality types that are still sending me notes after saying no thank you to them. I read the notes and never reply again. Eventually they give up.    :) For some that is the only way.  :(

For some their profile can even tell me that they are not right for me.

All could entice you with their looks,  :party0011: but seem to be lacking in what is really important.  :(

Sad, but a reality in this search. 

Offline Wild Orchid

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2008, 03:51:18 PM »
I thought D_D shouldn't be even looking or get depressed because of some Ukrainian models  :P besides.. why not replace New York with the name of your town? It would avoid some confusion..

Offline Paul

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2008, 04:31:34 PM »
I thought D_D shouldn't be even looking or get depressed because of some Ukrainian models  :P besides.. why not replace New York with the name of your town? It would avoid some confusion..

So douchebags can find that information? I live in a small town with a population of 20,000 people and I already give out enough personal info on the net.

Besides, with what I've said about Islam on the site where I met the Ukrainian model,... I'm sure someone would like to lop off my head  :scared0005:

Offline 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2008, 07:24:21 PM »
Он не интересуется русскими женщинами и форумами о них. Забыли что ли?
да?
ой, надеюсь он не стал интересоваться мальчиками  :knit:

:D :Stickouttongue3:

Keep your chin up and be positive, some of the AD girls have been burned pretty
bad and it might not be the best positive reading for someone on the mend.

Just my two kopecks,

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline krassavchick

« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2011, 04:08:08 PM »
Он не интересуется русскими женщинами и форумами о них. Забыли что ли?
да?
ой, надеюсь он не стал интересоваться мальчиками  :knit:

:D :Stickouttongue3:

Keep your chin up and be positive, some of the AD girls have been burned pretty
bad and it might not be the best positive reading for someone on the mend.

Just my two kopecks,

Bill

What does AD girls mean?

Offline Larry

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2011, 04:22:04 PM »
Krassie,

AD stands for Antidate, a forum FSUW use to exchange information about foreign guys they have met (and not had good experiences with).

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
Where is DD? & JC&
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2011, 05:53:15 PM »
I watch and read sometimes I learn something at RUA.

Not seeing DD and for that matter JC who often saw things from outside the box is a bit of a downer.

I often thought that JC was a sex tourist, provocateur, raving idiot, neo-conservative, closet Gaullist, but I must admit he added both perspective and humour here.

So enjoy Kiev if you really are there JC and perhaps we can have that race in the spring. At least I hope we will have a drink on that floating patio of yours. :)

AvHdB
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline krassavchick

« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2011, 05:56:33 PM »
Krassie,

AD stands for Antidate, a forum FSUW use to exchange information about foreign guys they have met (and not had good experiences with).

Some  of AD girls have been burnt too?  I thought they did all the burning??????  Maybe i read and misunderstood the quote below.  But does the member Mirror work or worked for AD?

day_dreamer

1) I read a few stories from the women at Antidate about their experiences, and reflecting on my own... I have come to the conclusion that 98% of the FSU women who are looking for a foreigner, have unrealistic dreams about who they might meet, and the majority of them (the women) are chasing a fairytale fantasy.

I may be agree with you -in AD women speak with women...we have 2 men there only so if you have some comments why not to make it there (or here)? What female dreams do you think are not realistic?

Offline Larry

« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2011, 06:09:41 PM »
Krassie, I think many women on antidate have been burnt by guys.

But I think maybe mirror is very bitter. 

Offline Wild Orchid

« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2011, 07:32:13 PM »

Some  of AD girls have been burnt too?  I thought they did all the burning??????  Maybe i read and misunderstood the quote below.  But does the member Mirror work or worked for AD?

if you are posting on RWA does it mean you are working for this site too?

if she was bitter could it be because she had a reason to be? Don't you think she might have had bad experience with "bad" guys? One of them is mentioned regularly on this forum and none of the comments on that  guy are good  but she  really gave a go to make it work with him.  There are quite a bit of women there who never been burnt by anyone they just plain bitches who have an agenda against all Western men. Kvinna is a very good example of them.

Offline Wild Orchid

« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2011, 07:33:48 PM »

Not seeing DD [skip] is a bit of a downer.

Paul, take the guy out of his misery  :chuckle:

Offline krassavchick

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2011, 02:21:17 AM »

if you are posting on RWA does it mean you are working for this site too?

if she was bitter could it be because she had a reason to be? Don't you think she might have had bad experience with "bad" guys? One of them is mentioned regularly on this forum and none of the comments on that  guy are good  but she  really gave a go to make it work with him.  There are quite a bit of women there who never been burnt by anyone they just plain bitches who have an agenda against all Western men. Kvinna is a very good example of them.

Hey don't shoot me i'm new here and i'm just asking  :-*  The reason i was surprised is that my impression was that everyone on here [well almost everyone] gives the impression that AD is a complete sham site and that there are very few real girls on there who aren't pro daters or being paid by the site.  I'm sure there are plenty of instances of girls being burnt by men, i just find it surprising to hear on AD.

However, most of this is written by guys of course.  Surely, if Mirror was or is on AD, then her experience and knowledge of the said site with such an awful reputation would be invaluable?  This is new to me, i had no idea there was a lady from said site on the forum.  At the end of the day it's not or shouldn't be a men vs women competition but a hopefully a forum to share each other's experiences6 good and bad and even more importantly increase knowledge and understanding.  We all [most of us] have been burnt at some point in our lives, it's harsh but character building.  Всё в жизни что меня не убивает, делает меня сильнее

Offline Wild Orchid

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2011, 03:55:56 AM »

Hey don't shoot me i'm new here and i'm just asking  :-*  The reason i was surprised is that my impression was that everyone on here [well almost everyone] gives the impression that AD is a complete sham site and that there are very few real girls on there who aren't pro daters or being paid by the site.  I'm sure there are plenty of instances of girls being burnt by men, i just find it surprising to hear on AD.
I don't know where you got this impression from. I was a member of that forum for a while, I haven't noticed any prodaters, most of them were just disillusioned about all dating business. Some where spending years on corresponding without ever meeting real men, or meeting some strange losers. There were some shock stories

The last time I've heard about Mirror from very reliable  source she was working in Alaska as a doctor. Do you know that she is a doctor?  :8)

Offline krassavchick

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2011, 07:02:59 AM »

I don't know where you got this impression from. I was a member of that forum for a while, I haven't noticed any prodaters, most of them were just disillusioned about all dating business. Some where spending years on corresponding without ever meeting real men, or meeting some strange losers. There were some shock stories

The last time I've heard about Mirror from very reliable  source she was working in Alaska as a doctor. Do you know that she is a doctor?  :8)

As i'm new here i think i'm missing something.  When you wrote " I was a member of that forum", do you mean here or a member of the site AD?  There are lots of guys on THIS forum who are very critical of AD and call it a scam agency.  The letters aren't written by the girls themsleves, the girls are real but since they are being paid by AD, they have no intention of getting married [prodater......  a sponsor here in Russia].  There are many discussions about AD on this forum, nearly all negative.  Interesting to here from a lady who contradicts that.  How long were you on it for?

As i'm new here, i don't know Mirror's story, but understood that she was treated badly by a WM while being a member on AD site?

Offline Larry

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2011, 08:10:02 AM »
I think there is some confusion here regarding what is meant by "AD".  I think it was meant originally in this thread to mean the website "Antidate", on which FSUW discuss guys who have treated them badly. But Krassie, I think you are thinking of the dating website "Anastasia Date", which is very popular but has a lot of scammers.

Offline krassavchick

« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2011, 10:54:00 AM »

AA haa ......  Now that's different and quite clearly i got my wires crossed.  It seemed almost unthinkable that a girl from Anast. D would be on here with all the crticism.  That sounds like a really interesting site, to be able to hear it from the ladies point of view...............  Is there a link?

Offline Larry

Antidate
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2011, 01:50:40 PM »
Krassie, Here's a link to the site.
http://forum.antidate.org/index.php?showforum=53

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Antidate
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2011, 02:04:58 PM »
Krassie, Here's a link to the site.
http://forum.antidate.org/index.php?showforum=53

Last sub forum post eight months ago, only a handful in the main room since!  :o
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Registration