The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Ukraine - Service providers, guides, accommodation and ground support.  (Read 15887 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Trips: Resident
The posts below are by service providers who are contributors to this forum, or services recommended by respected contributors, of people who provide ground support for men visiting Ukraine.

Guides, translators, arrangers and accommodation in Ukraine.

Offline Donhollio

I hope this could be useful if your looking for a place to stay in some cities in UA. These are places I have stayed at, and have found them all to be quite good.

In Odessa I have used Matt. His website is at:  www.odessarentaflat.com

In Dnepropetrovsk I used  Alla, she has no website that I am aware of, but her phone numbers are: 
                                  Cell  +380 677 50 94 44
                              Home  +380 582 36 07 98
                                         +380 582 798 23 15

During my Zaprorzhye stop I used the Intourist Hotel. As far as hotels go, I have found this one to be the best. I have used four in total. If you want to get the best rate call them to book. Don't book online through a travel agent.
Two guys I met while staying there told me how much more they paid; appox 50% more per night. They have many services including a travel agent and offer very good English services.

In Kharkov I stayed at the National hotel as well the Mir hotel: www.hotel-mir.com.ua
Mir was slightly better call : +380 572 30 55 43
                                                         :32 23 30
                                                         :30 55 32

For an apartment to rent: www.IDI-bridge.com - Tel: +380 577 14 98 45

Offline kyivtrip

• Inter-West Consult
Hi Everybody,

My first trip to Kiev - I'm lost wandering down Krasnarmeeska near the Palats Ukraina.  I asked a few taxi drivers for directions.  The first two wanted me to get in - 30 griven.  I said "no" - it could have been only 4 or 5 blocks.
The third one, Slava, tried to give me directions and then drove me there for FREE.

Slava     380 (67) 465-5762

Slava speaks pretty good English, better Italian.  Nice guy, reliable - will not gouge you.  I have used him on 2 return trips on the rare occasion when I needed a taxi or a driver.  He always picks me up at the airport and takes me to my apartment - has the key or the key is in the mailbox.  Efficient.  We've even gone clubbing a couple times.
Mention my name.

He also knows my own personal apartment connection: Vika - who only speaks Russian.  I get nice apartments - not in the center, but near the metro - for $50.  Vika likes me - I always leave TP, sugar and chai when I check out.

David
You've got to have one, but ...
                                        you don't have to be one

Offline Stirlitz

• Commercial Member
  • "Helping People Understand Each Other"
    • OdessaGuide.Net
Hello guys!

I think I could post a note in this section to let anyone know what I can do. Basically, I can do nearly anything you may need in Ukraine, just ask. Here is a list of the most frequently requested services as a reference.

Apartment & Hotel Booking
I can find you an apartment or help with a hotel in main Ukrainian cities such Odessa, Kiev, Simferopol.

Airport Pickup & Transfer
When you arrive in Ukraine I can meet you at the aiport and take to the city center to your hotel or apartment.

Guide & Interpreter & Aide
If you do not speak Russian or Ukrainian you may find it hard on your own. It is not just interpreting that I do. It is guiding, advice, arranging things, even shopping and cooking.

Cell Phone Rental, Internet Access, Long Distance Calling
For your convenience, I can rent you a cell phone which would work nearly anywhere in Ukraine. You will also have to pay for outgoing calls according to what the carrier charges (usually it is about 15 cents a minute within Ukraine). If you have your laptop with you, I can set up an Internet connection that you can use right in your apartment. At least, I can take you to Internet cafes. Finally, I can assist in obtaining cheap cards for international calls.

Tours & Sightseeing
There is a lot you can see in Ukraine. Many Ukrainian towns are rich in history. Some areas like the Crimea have seen many nations dating back to ancient Greeks. Nature is also beautiful in Ukraine. I can arrange tours and take you to the most frequented objects of interest as well as to locations not known to general public.

Taxi & Car
I can arrange a taxi in many towns. If you need a ride from the Borispol airport to Kiev or from Kiev to another town, you do not have to deal with local taxi drivers. Also, you can find it better to travel by car together with an experienced English-speaking driver rather than taking slow trains with crammed stuffy compartments.

Train/Bus & Plane Tickets
If you however prefer air or rail to car rides, I can book tickets for you.

Introductions & Classified Ads in Local Papers
I can put an advertisement in local papers prior to your visit, and set up some dates this way or using our partner dating agencies. I might also introduce you to women I know personally.

Flowers & Gift Delivery
If you already have a girlfriend or fiancee, she will be surprised and your shares will go up drastically if you take her breath away with an unexpected gift or just beautiful flowers. All women appreciate it.

Discovery, Investigation
Scams are rampant on the Internet and sometimes you are not sure if you writing to a genuine woman or a scammer; or you may have a bad feeling about the dating agency she is listed with. I can check if this person exists at the claimed address and see if the agency is in the black list of scammer agencies, thus saving you lots of money, time and effort let alone emotion. Don’t let scammers leave you with an empty wallet and broken heart! Also, if you know your girlfriend’s name but cannot get her street address due to the faulty policy of her agency, I might get it for you and put you in touch with her directly.

Translation of Correspondence
Understanding is crucial for two people who are aiming at creating a family together. Many people underestimate it and end up divorced. Don’t let it happen to you! Prevent misunderstanding before it starts — hire an experienced professional translator, that is me!

Dating Consulting
Sometimes it is very difficult to understand a woman’s soul even if there is no language barrier. You must know it from your experience dating women in your country :) You can get help and learn how to approach your girlfriend in the right way, and develop good relationship. My wife can offer you sound advice from a woman’s standpoint. I can offer mine too as I have both my own experience and have seen mistakes and successful moves of my clients — while I do not have to disclose anything about them, I can share some of their good ideas and right approach with you that led them to success.

Telephone Interpretation
Sometimes written words cannot express all you feel and you need to hear the other person’s voice. Even if you do not understand their language, I will be there to help!

English / Russian Lessons
When you plan to bring a wife to the US or UK you should realize that she is going to be like a child for the first months there, mainly because she does not speak the language. But you can alleviate her situation if you help her to study some English while she is here. I can help her master the ABCs and she will not get lost in the strange environment.
On the other hand, if you are interested in picking up some Russian I might also teach you.

Other
Just ask — it never hurts. If I cannot, I will tell you, but if I can, you may not need to look elsewhere.

If you have questions, feel free to PM or IM me (I have ICQ, AIM, YIM, MSN, Google, IRC). You can also check out my web sites:

OdessaGuide.Net
RussianTranslator.IgorKalinin.Com

for more information and some FAQs. Or you can always call me:

+38067-8114493
+38050-1815680

Put down those numbers if you are going to Ukraine just in case. If you are in trouble, have a problem or need advice, I can always help you, and will not necessarily charge you.

I live in Odessa and also spend 25% of my time in the Crimea, but I have worked in all major cities, so wherever you are going, you can rely on me. I have a car.

My rates might not seem cheap to some, but I am flexible and discuss them. Actually, the longer you hire me for, the less you pay, so it may be only expensive if you need me for a day or two; then it is getting cheaper and you may end up paying half as much — don’t judge by the one day or even hour rate. However, if you still look for cheaper options, you are free to and it is up to you. I will not try to impose anything on you.

If you need reference, I have many happy clients some of whom are members of this board. Do some research to make up your mind if you can trust me and need my services, and use your reason what to believe. Remember: you are responsible for yourself and your situation, not me. You must always tell me in detail what you need specifically and tell me if everything is OK promptly so I can deliver you best results while it is not late yet. I cannot read your mind and I am not your father, my taste and reason is different from yours. If you clearly tell me what you need I will do my best to deliver it to you even if I am sick — you can rely on my word, I have never failed yet. And if you say you are happy, I take it as you are.

Respectfully,
your friend in Ukraine
Igor
Igor Kalinin
Russian Translator/Interpreter/Guide/Agent for Odessa, the Crimea and the rest of Ukraine
www.odessaguide.net

Offline BCKev

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 10-20
Re: Ukraine - Service providers, guides, accommodation and ground support.
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 10:42:53 PM »
If you need some help with a trip to Ukraine, I recommend using Larissa Korneeva for interpreting, apartments, translations, etc. She is based in the Dnepropetovsk area, and has done a great job for me on a couple of trips.

Check out her website for more details and contact info:

http://www.interpreterin*Unapproved Link*/

Send me a PM if you need more details from me.

BCKev

Offline TheWongs

• Paint Perfection
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 03:37:30 AM »
Hi guys. I had a quick look down the list of services here and didn't see my friend Pavel! ;D

Here's a thing I wrote about him for the "References" section of his website;

"Pavel was the first person I ever met in Ukraine. He came very highly
recommended and I booked his services for my first trip. I must say that I
could never have done this without him! He is a true gentleman and a very
good friend to all his clients. On our first meeting, he spent a lot of time
showing me the sights and looking after me until my train to Kerch, Crimea
(about 11 hours!). He even went to the trouble of taking me to his
apartment, where is lovely wife made us Borsch. Even after I had left Kiev
and was in Kerch, he would phone me, just to see if I was ok.

Since this first meeting, I have tried to meet Pavel every time I've been to
Kiev. He has been such a good friend to me, that I always want to meet him
for a beer, pizza and a chat. He is a truly wonderful, friendly person, a
credit to the people of Ukraine and I am happy to call him my friend!

Without any doubt, he is the best guide I have ever come across!"

Contact info;
Mobile:+38067 283-2468
http://www.yourukraineguide.com.ua/
Email: yourukraineguide@ukr.net
ICQ number: 221-575-790
MSN messenger: paul_na@ukr.net
Yahoo messenger: paul_paul508@yahoo.com

Light travels faster than sound! This is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.

Offline AkMike

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 01:53:08 PM »
For anyone wanting a tour/translator in the Kiev area.

My Daughter in Law can give a good tour and help with the language problems. She doesn't have a website and this is in it's infancy but she has had 1 gentleman from another forum use her and both he and his lady were very happy with her abilities. A selling feature with her vs. others is that she is happily married and isn't going to 'misstate' the translations to hook they guy for herself.. (It's been done before!)

My Step Son is also a very good photographer and can go along with the tours sometimes. Her rates are alot less than the other established tour operators but you'll be satisfied with her.

If you are interested PM me here and I'll help set it up.
Thomas Jefferson Quotation, "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."

Offline khersongirls

• Commercial Member
  • KhersonGirls Marriage agency
    • KhersonGirls
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 04:54:36 AM »
American Owned and Operated.
KhersonGirls Marriage agency.
We have our Office in Kherson Ukraine.
We provide all agencies services.
One of the Highest Marriage rates in the Industry.
We also support the Honest Marriage agency network with
ladies from all of the Major Ukraine Cities.
FREE letters from the Ladies.
FREE translations of Letters.
Letters to ladies as low as $5 each.

Kevin Hayes (owner)
www.khersongirls.com
1 352 505-8043 (USA)
38 0552 42-35-16 (Ukraine)

Offline LuganskUkraine

• Commercial Member
    • www.LuganskUkraine.info
Guides, accommodation, translation and more in Lugansk, Ukraine
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2008, 02:57:53 AM »
www.LuganskUkraine.info

- Apartments for rent in Lugansk

- Tickets booking and airport transfers

- Professional Interpreter for $7 per hour

- English Classes and Private Lessons

- Russian-English Translation Service

call me at +380502242890 or e-mail Alex@LuganskUkraine.info

Offline erudite

• Kharkov is a GREAT CITY!!!!!!
  • Spouses Country: UKRAINE
  • Trips: 5-10
As mentioned in another section of this forum, I have just returned from 3 weeks in Ukraine. Most of my time was spent in Kharkov and I made one side trip to Odessa by train.  I have already rebooked my return flight for September where I will pick up where I left off the end of the first trip.  Having finally made the journey I learned a great deal of course and I also found a country and people that have become endeared to me.  Despite the hard life so many lead in Ukraine, they live, love and enjoy life to a great extent and it is easily seen in the streets and public places of the country I visited.  The women are women in the true sense and enjoy it, revel in attention and repay you with friendliness.  My plans will always include the services of Mila in Kharkov.  She and her husband Anton are a wonderful young couple who do everything possible to help a stranger.  In reality they became dear friends to me and so I expect the future will keep this friendship intact despite our living thousands of miles apart. 

If you go to Kharkov I will recommend Mila Lobunko without any hesitation and would actually advise it to you since she is honest and objective.  She is forthright and truthful about reality and this is important in Ukraine with so many beautiful women who would love to have some attention and money from a Western man endowed with too much compassion as I am.  Mila works very very hard at what she does and you will not find anyone who can exceed her in the profession for a number of fine qualities.  You will find her in the section for recommended service providers of this forum. 

When you go to Kharkov and employ Mila to help you, when you and your lady sit down at a nice restaurant in the city (and she knows the best ones not in the books), drink a bottle or two of red Crimea champagne, it will be an experience you will not forget anytime soon and it may change your life.
"It don't matter who's in Austin, Bob Wills is still the King", Waylon Jennings

Offline Irishlad

• Commercial Member
    • LiveOnlineTranslation
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009, 01:07:33 PM »
Hello all,

I'm an Irish guy based in Kiev and have an online translation service staffed 24 hours a day. It's instant and is pitched between the translation agencies and the computer programs. Ideal for people who need a short letter translated either from or to Russian.

We also do telephone interpreting for those that need it, and again, staffed 24 hours a day so you don't need to pre-book.

We have an introductory offer for new clients where you receive $5 worth of free translations to trial the system.

www.LiveOnlineTranslation.com

Offline khersonrent

• Kherson, Nikolaev apartments rental service. Transfers from Odessa, Kiev to Kherson, Nikolaev and othe cities
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2009, 12:56:55 PM »
Wellcome to Kherson, UKraine.

http://kherson-rental-apartments.com  offer:

- Comfortable furnished apartments [with internet] for rent in Kherson, Nikolayev

- Airport transfers (from Kiev, Odessa, Simferopol) to any ukrainian cities.

Offline Ladysearch

• Commercial Member
Dear Friends, i can help you with meeting in Borispol, apartments in Kiev and Zhytomir, interpreters service, meeting organization.

Offline Brasscasing

• Trips: 1-5
Dear Friends, i can help you with meeting in Borispol, apartments in Kiev and Zhytomir, interpreters service, meeting organization.

Ladysearch, I suggest you post an introduction in our Introduction Rm. I want to make it clear that we are not a free advertisement bulletin board. You are treading dangerously close to spamming.

Brass
“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."  ~ John Diefenbaker

P.S....Unless you happen to live in Quebec and are subject to the Quebec Charter Of Values, of course.

Offline UkrainianGuide

• Commercial Member
Dear Friends,
Greetings from Elena, interpreter, guide, travel assistant from Kherson! I'm well-travelled around my country and visit Kiev, Odessa, Nikolayev, Crimea quite often. So, I can accompany you to any city/town of Ukraine.
I ran my own local marriage agency and cooperated with other international dating agencies at past, that gave me valuable experience in human psychology and knowledge about how different agencies work. So, if you need an advice about a situation with a lady or an agency, you are welcome to ask me!
I'm glad to offer you such services as:
- Interpreting
- Guiding (I can aslo show you the sights of Kiev, Odessa, Crimea)
- Translation
- Airport pick-up
- Arranging reliable inexpensive driver
- Flowers and gifts delivery (photo approved) in Kherson and Nikolayev
- Introduction
- Publishing your marriage advertisement in local newspapers
- Tutoring (English and Russian)
- Advice (free of charge :) )
- Discovery, Investigation

Let me stop more profoundly at the last point. I strongly believe that trust is one of the basic elements for any relationship. But in case if you feel that there's something wrong about your lady or an agency, it would be better to know the truth BEFORE your visit to Ukraine than after it and save your money, time and nerves.
I remember one of my clients, who corresponded with a girl from Kherson via one of the local agencies. He felt so happy and thought he had found his soul-mate, made big plans for the future... But he was not 100% sure about the agency and asked me to check if the lady's contact information he bought from the agency was correct. When I called to the "girl's" cell phone number, it turned out to be just another phone number of the agency. Fortunately, knowing the lady's name and surname I managed to find out her home address. When I came to her place, she was surprised a lot to see me. I asked if she knew that her man would plan to come to Kherson to meet her. She tried to remember who he was, but failed and said she would meet him only with the agency interpreter. I realized that the girl didn't have any idea about the letters' content and didn't really replied them. It was the agency interpreter who corresponded with the man instead of the lady...
Certainly, my client was upset to learn that news about the girl he almost fell in love with, but at the same time he was thankful because he could save a lot of money for the trip and start correspondence with another lady using service of more serious agency.
Good Luck to You All!
Sincerely,
Elena, UkraineGuide

Offline BCKev

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2011, 09:13:05 PM »
If you need some help with a trip to Ukraine, I recommend using Larissa Korneeva for interpreting, apartments, translations, etc. She is based in the Dnepropetovsk area, and has done a great job for me on a couple of trips.

mobile 38-05051-17478 or email at  lkorneeva@yahoo.com

This is a repost with updated contact information.
Send me a PM if you need more details from me.

BCKev

Offline Lyudmila.interpreter

• Commercial Member
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2012, 02:14:28 PM »
Hello, guys!
I wish you all the successful trip to Ukraine and if I can help with something, the pleasure will be all mine.

Services provided:

1.   Interpreting (business meetings, personal meetings, conference calls (phone and Skype)
2.   Translating documents (business,  tourism, personal correspondence, web-sites). The document translated can be verified in notary office if necessary.
3.   Meeting and seeing-off at Kiev airport "Borispol", bus or train station.
4.   Reservation and purchasing tickets for local bus, train, plane.
5.   Accommodation (apartments and hotels rents) in Kiev or other city.
6.   Booking and purchasing tickets to theaters, museums, exhibitions, concerts etc.
7.   Scheduling and planning your trips.
8.   Guiding, assisting if necessary in your trips (to know more click here)

Additional services:
•   Cell phones rent and SIM card rental service.
•   Transfer service, car and driver.
•   Travel arrangements about Ukraine
•   Lessons of English language and Russian/Ukrainian for foreigners.

Information about prices can be received by e-mail Lyudmila.interpreter@gmail.com, by phone =38-050-980-91-88 or in Skype caramella
Please let me know your needs and I will find a reasonable price.
See you! :)
Lyudmila

Offline ielocal

• Trips: 1-5
Ukraine - A Great Help in Kiev
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2012, 09:17:37 PM »
Since this first meeting, I have tried to meet Pavel every time I've been to
Kiev. He has been such a good friend to me, that I always want to meet him
for a beer, pizza and a chat. He is a truly wonderful, friendly person, a
credit to the people of Ukraine and I am happy to call him my friend!

Without any doubt, he is the best guide I have ever come across!"

Contact info;
Mobile:+38067 283-2468
http://www.yourukraineguide.com.ua/
Email: yourukraineguide@ukr.net
ICQ number: 221-575-790
MSN messenger: paul_na@ukr.net
Yahoo messenger: paul_paul508@yahoo.com

I haven't posted anywhere in quite a while. But after my wife and child traveled through Kiev a couple weeks ago I got give a shout out for a lot of assistance from Pavel. It had been about 3 years since I had been in contact with him. When an on-line apartment booking site pulled a bait and switch and screwed up our travel arrangements for train station/airport transfers Pavel was quick to step up on short notice and was a GREAT HELP. I was clear in my message that she wouldn't need his personal assistance, just to arrange for a couple taxi rides. Pavel still personally met them at the train station and helped them get to the airport. I can second the statement "He is a truly wonderful, friendly person, a credit to the people of Ukraine and I am happy to call him my friend"!  :thumbsup:

Anyone traveling through Kiev should definitely contact Pavel and use his services. Especially if it is the first trip there. He will do all that he can to make the trip as great as possible.

~ielocal
-ielocal

Offline t.p.

• Commercial Member
  • Kharkov interpreter
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2015, 04:18:23 AM »
Hi everyone!
My name is Tanya and I am a free-lance translator, tour-guide and facilitator for business and personal endeavors for foreign visitors. Are you planning on a trip to my town of Kharkov, the second largest city in Ukraine? Whether it's on business or for holiday I can offer you a wide range of services that will help your stay in this town become a pleasant and efficient experience. And that doesn't matter if you are here to meet up with your Ukraine bride or your Ukraine business partner - you could in either case contact me for:

Translations and interpreting: Either myself or another professional interpreter from my team will accompany you for your meetings and provide quality translation and interpreting services to help you remove language barrier with local people of Kharkov. If you need written translation of papers whether those are personal letters or legal documents - you can feel free to contact me for those too!

Airport pick up, transportations and accommodations: If you need to be picked up at the airport and taken to your hotel; or if you need help with booking of a hotel or a comfortable per day rental apartment; or if you need to hire a car with a driver or to rent a car - I will gladly help you with those arrangements as well. When it comes to apartments I personally manage (and you can avoid paying commissions for renting them if you rent them via me), I am attaching a couple of sample photos of those. These western quality accommodations are also conveniently located in the very center of Kharkov!

Tour-guiding, including individual excursional or party program: What would you like to see, do and experience while visiting Ukraine? Is that some sightseeing and visiting of museums and art galleries? Or are you an out-doors person and a fan of picnics and active life-style? Or perhaps you want to explore the night-life and clubs? Any program to your individual taste can be arranged for you so you will get the most inforgettable memories of your time in my country and city!

Business and legal assistance: Are you coming to Ukraine on business or in search of investment assets (real estate, land, cooperation with a local company)? In this case you can also feel free to contact me. I'll gladly help you with search of investment assets at a good price, setting up contacts with local companies and meetings with professional lawyers who can give quality legal advise to a foreigner wishing to do business Ukraine on rules and laws applying foreign investments in Ukraine. You will also be provided professional translation service during all your business related meetings.

Dating consulting and translations for personal meetings: In case you are one of foreign guys looking for his soul-mate in Ukraine you can ask my advice as to how to have realistic expectations as to Ukraine dating scene and how to win hearts of Ukrainian women. I can also give you my sincere opinion as to whether your "online date" seems like an honest or dishonest person if you show me her letters. If you doubt Marriage Agency translator is translating exactly what you and your fiancee are talking about or making some things up you can hire me as an independent translator for your personal meetings with your Ukraine d ates.

Back-ground check up on your Ukraine dat e or business partner: If you have any doubts as to whether your Ukraine contacts (whether personal or business related) are honest people myself and my team can provide you quality check up on people or companies including finding their real phone and address, maritual status, legal status of firm / company, their tax-paying records, previous legal claims and/ or complaints as to cooperation with firm/ company from their previous partners, etc.

You can find a full list of my services and the price list for them on my website:

www.iwka.net

I always try to not only be a professional but also a friend to my clients as I believe in treating the world and people positively. My work has always been not just a job but my hobby as well, and it will be my pleasure to be your translator and assistant in my country and city! On top of every service you get the smile of your Ukraine translator absolutely free of charge! :)
Feel free to contact me here or using the direct contact infos on my website. You are welcome to Ukraine and to Kharkov city and I hope you will have a fun and efficient stay here!
With warmest regards to you all,
Tanya