The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Conducting TV Interviews of Mail Order Brides  (Read 1745 times)

Offline fireeater

• Trips: None Yet
Re: Conducting TV Interviews of Mail Order Brides
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2008, 03:15:37 PM »
Manny:

Please forgive but I took a look at some of the other forums that are on the same topic as this one and when I checked their online logs, directorchick417 doesn't appear anyway on the lists. Browsed, briefly, through some of the topics and no flamewars or talks about Russian brides and  grooms appearing on TV shows on 'major American networks'.  Even checked that forum that can't be mentioned here (forgive please).  One thing I did noticed though is that on one forum (actually more)  in particular some of the avatars and user names are identical to the ones used here. Curious.

What is curious about that. Different forums may give you a broader base for whatever you are looking for. And may have different topics going on.
I am on a couple, same name, same avatar. Those that use different ones are the ones you should be curious about. Different people may also have different opinions, so your knowledge (or not) grows. 

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2008, 03:48:46 PM »
Manny:

Please forgive but I took a look at some of the other forums that are on the same topic as this one and when I checked their online logs, directorchick417 doesn't appear anyway on the lists. Browsed, briefly, through some of the topics and no flamewars or talks about Russian brides and  grooms appearing on TV shows on 'major American networks'.  Even checked that forum that can't be mentioned here (forgive please).  One thing I did noticed though is that on one forum (actually more)  in particular some of the avatars and user names are identical to the ones used here. Curious.

What is curious about that. Different forums may give you a broader base for whatever you are looking for. And may have different topics going on.
I am on a couple, same name, same avatar. Those that use different ones are the ones you should be curious about. Different people may also have different opinions, so your knowledge (or not) grows. 

fireeater:

OK, just a little bit of humour on my part.  Sometimes it doesn't quite come through with text.
Ipsa scientia potestas est. Knowledge itself is power.   Sir Francis Bacon

Offline fireeater

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2008, 04:11:20 PM »
Manny:

fireeater:

OK, just a little bit of humour on my part.  Sometimes it doesn't quite come through with text.

No problem, I did not take offence. Humour is always good by the way, and I have enjoyed yours. But it does answer any questions that one might think is wrong in this for others who might not understand.

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2008, 04:34:08 PM »
When this forum started, the policy was to be very open and free about linking out to (and hopefully from) other forums.

What happened then, as we grew in popularity, some other forums (one in particular) became hostile to us. One forum is so scared of us taking their traffic they remove all our links by programming (Indeed they go further and completely prohibit even any reference to RUA, my wifes site, my book site, they blocked our Google ads, threatened members here with banning there, pressured members of both places to remove our banner from their site, and even have a sticky post with fabricated crap about me to boot.) - It was natural to reciprocate on the links side at least. An eye for an eye, etc.

One other forum (well more of a blog really) thought it a good idea to come here mining for members by PM. When they were busted, they followed the lead of the one above. (And are now firmly in his pocket.)

I have served copyright notices on two forums up to now that stole our material. Both were obliged to remove the stolen content or be took down. That improves relations no end as you can imagine.  :laugh:  We have had that done to us also. Nobody likes that, Google penalises sites hosting duplicate content so many sites are twitchy about copyright.

As far as I can ascertain, we are on reasonably good terms with RMP, the Russian Detective forum, Ronins sites and a few other smaller visa forums, etc. Not everyone is hostile to us. Forums can be quite political places really. Everybody wants traffic, posts and members.  :biggrin: