The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Conducting TV Interviews of Mail Order Brides  (Read 1744 times)

Offline directorchick417

Conducting TV Interviews of Mail Order Brides
« on: August 25, 2008, 03:14:45 PM »
Are you a Mail Order Bride?  Are you thinking of becoming a Mail Order Bride?  Are you married to a Mail Order Bride? 

We want to hear your experience!!![/b]

Major Cable Television Network is searching for women who are Mail Order Brides to share their stories for their award-winning documentary series.  If you are, will be, or know a mail order bride and would like to share your story on national television, please contact us.

Every woman has a secret and this program educates our audience about the day-to-day struggles and triumphs of today’s women.  We want to know what it’s like to walk a mile in your shoes. This is your chance to tell your own story in your own words.

Contact us at *edited* with your story.  Please include a photo and contact information.

Offline Boris

Re: Conducting TV Interviews of Mail Order Brides
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 03:22:18 PM »
You are not going to get very far with this---"Mail Order Bride."

Offline DevilDog

• Young Whippersnapper
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 03:39:05 PM »
Quick Tip: You might get a better response around here if your post didn't look like the transcript of a monster truck rally commercial. And if you included some info about this "Major Cable Television Network" you're working for.

As of right now, you look like either a spammer or some muckraking, tabliod-esque yellow journalist looking for info so you can do yet another sleazy expose on something you really don't know anything about.

Offline Voyager

• Meмber
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 03:40:34 PM »
You are not going to get very far with this---"Mail Order Bride."

Yes and spamming it in 4 different places will just get people annoyed

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 03:43:30 PM »
Are you a Mail Order Bride?  Are you thinking of becoming a Mail Order Bride?  Are you married to a Mail

I can recommend a good book on the subject.  ;D

The first thing it would teach you is that mail order brides do not exist. One should investigate one's market before making such statements.

DC - One topic is sufficient, multiple ones are spam. I have accordingly deleted the other three identical topics you started.

I have edited your e-mail address from your post DC, as we know nothing about you, what network? What country? Do give us some background on your award winning documentary series?

Offline BCKev

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 03:57:46 PM »
directorchick, I believe you are facing a big challenge: attempting to find a mail order bride.

I have never heard of one arriving by mail.

Offline ECR844

• Searching for the word I will become
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 04:00:08 PM »
Shouldn't this query be entitled " Team of journalists and associated crew of douche bags searching for gullible people so that we can twist their personal stories and experiences to fit our pre-determined and biased agenda"? Ignorance is bliss I guess...

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 04:05:48 PM »
Are you a Mail Order Bride?  Are you thinking of becoming a Mail Order Bride?  Are you married to a Mail

I can recommend a good book on the subject.  ;D

The first thing it would teach you is that mail order brides do not exist. One should investigate one's market before making such statements.

DC - One topic is sufficient, multiple ones are spam. I have accordingly deleted the other three identical topics you started.

I have edited your e-mail address from your post DC, as we know nothing about you, what network? What country? Do give us some background on your award winning documentary series?

Manny:

When you google directorchick417 you get results for a myspace webpage (make sure your audio is OFF before going there) and for postings on several space and astronomy forums about witnesses to rocket explosions at Cape Canaveral.  One of the links:

http://www.spacecoastfilm.com/index.php?option=com_adsmanager&page=show_user&userid=209&Itemid=0 
Ipsa scientia potestas est. Knowledge itself is power.   Sir Francis Bacon

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 04:18:50 PM »
Thanks WC - yes the volume needs to be kept down indeed!  :drunk:

Since our new member failed to introduce herself politely, we can do it for her: MySpace

Is four topics in about a minute a case for Spammers Corner or do we put it down to youthful enthusiasm?  :P

Offline ECR844

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2008, 05:04:09 PM »
Thanks WC - yes the volume needs to be kept down indeed!  :drunk:

Since our new member failed to introduce herself politely, we can do it for her: MySpace

Is four topics in about a minute a case for Spammers Corner or do we put it down to youthful enthusiasm?  :P

"Manny,"

You must surely realize they teach "Superiority and arrogance" long before glossing over  "Decorum and manners" at Berkeley.

Offline Brasscasing

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2008, 05:36:45 PM »
... or do we put it down to youthful enthusiasm?  :P

Yeah, she's just a kid. Unless she does it, again. ::)

Brass
“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."  ~ John Diefenbaker

P.S....Unless you happen to live in Quebec and are subject to the Quebec Charter Of Values, of course.

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2008, 06:47:43 PM »
Manny:

Please forgive but I took a look at some of the other forums that are on the same topic as this one and when I checked their online logs, directorchick417 doesn't appear anyway on the lists. Browsed, briefly, through some of the topics and no flamewars or talks about Russian brides and  grooms appearing on TV shows on 'major American networks'.  Even checked that forum that can't be mentioned here (forgive please).  One thing I did noticed though is that on one forum (actually more)  in particular some of the avatars and user names are identical to the ones used here. Curious.
Ipsa scientia potestas est. Knowledge itself is power.   Sir Francis Bacon

Offline ECR844

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2008, 06:56:40 PM »
It's no secret that many posters here were members and still are members elsewhere long before and after this forum got up and running..

Offline Voyager

• Meмber
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2008, 06:59:54 PM »
Manny

One thing I did noticed though is that on one forum (actually more)  in particular some of the avatars and user names are identical to the ones used here. Curious.

Yes indeed, there are some who do {or did} post on other boards, but for one reason or another ended up here.

Offline alenika

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2008, 12:16:42 PM »
How much do you pay?  :smokin: ;D
I close eyes to see better