The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Just back from Odessa! Don't go to Ukraine!  (Read 45340 times)

Offline Voyager

• Meмber
Re: Just back from Odessa! Don't go to Ukraine!
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2008, 12:38:04 PM »

I had to drive a few miles up the coast to Gibraltar to get back into the first world.  :innocent:

Another rebellious, breakaway province on that Rock, the tanks will be rolling there soon too...  ::)

Offline nunya

• RIP
    • First Dream
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2008, 12:51:02 PM »

I have being keeping correspondance for several months with just 3 ladies.

Strike One,

there was person there waiting for us with our name written with a pencil on a used paper.

You got the good treatment. Usually I get my name written with a piece of coal on a rock slab.  Yea, it usually takes two guys to hold it.

The temperature was suffocating, over 30 grades everyday with no wind for the whole week.

Ohh, you want cooler temperture and wind? Just go in January or February

We got in his 20 years old car with crash glasses and no seatbelt.

ahh going all out, see you got to use a new car, and one with seats.

Well, here is the story, and obviously implies Anastasia website, 

Cool, I see you used one of the best and most honest agencies in the industry.      :laugh:  :-X

Unfortunately, in the last minute one couldn’t meet cause her grandfather had a heart attack and another had to travel with her mom even though she knew my visit dates for a month 

Nooo, your kidding!   With Anastasia?

Finally she came,

You lucky dog.   :party0011:  :party0031:   :loving:

the beautiful Yuliya, but certainly looked a bit older and with some more kg than the pics 

Noooo, an Anastasia lady!  Your kidding, yes?

I expend 5 hours with them, and the translator and consequently Anastasia gets money for everyhour of translating service. 

Nooo, your kidding!

So, in 5 hours I had expended more than 200 dollars!

Nooo, your kidding!

check out www.jimslists.com for a good overview of scam agencies versus reputable ones 

Now cufflink, that is funny!!!    :laugh: :happy0023: :chuckle: ;D :laugh: 

Offline Voyager

• Meмber
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2008, 01:37:33 PM »
Quote from: BCKev
I would appreciate if you changed your handle, I find it offensive.

Changing the user name to something less offensive would help.

FU - Welcome to the forum. Profile>Account related settings is where you change your display name to something more suitable. Please do it today.  ::)

Doesn't that name violate the TOA? I would think Admin more than justified to do so soon if the user can't seem to manage it....

Offline Boris

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2008, 02:25:57 PM »
Then we would have to change Julie's avatar, too.

Offline Voyager

• Meмber
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2008, 03:46:08 PM »
Then we would have to change Julie's avatar, too.

Yes indeed, most forums do not allow insulting or inappropriate avatars or names.

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2008, 03:54:49 PM »
Our Spanish chap now has a more appropriate display name.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2008, 03:56:18 PM »
Quote from: cufflinks on Yesterday at 10:01:24 PM
check out www.jimslists.com for a good overview of scam agencies versus reputable ones

Now cufflink, that is funny!!!    laugh happy0023 chuckle Grin laugh 

Now Jack  - no picking on the competition - before I found out about www.jimslists.com I spent $150.00 with Ashley Neal on 20 addresses of Ladies in Omsk and Novosibirsk - Hey I was avoiding all the overfished sex tourist hot spots - yeah smart me - then I find out that Ashley Neal and his FSU wife are on Jims "S**tKick" list.  Brilliant me :sick0012:

Ok now you can continue to kick me some more :'(

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2008, 03:57:51 PM »
Our Spanish chap now has a more appropriate display name.

Manny - why do I see visions of Basil Fawlty beating poor Manuel senseless here :biggrin: :evilgrin0002: ;D

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2008, 09:19:19 PM »
Quote from: cufflinks

- before I found out about www.jimslists.com I spent $150.00 with Ashley Neal on 20 addresses of Ladies in Omsk and Novosibirsk - Hey I was avoiding all the overfished sex tourist hot spots - yeah smart me - then I find out that Ashley Neal and his FSU wife are on Jims "S**tKick" list.  Brilliant me :sick0012:

Ok now you can continue to kick me some more :'(

:laugh: Now there's a name I haven't heard in awhile ! :laugh:  Too bad you weren't in the room when he was bragging to me about ripping off some Odessa agencys.  But it sounds like you got off easy at only $150.

Cuff I think Jimslist should itself be put on a grey list. I'm currently useing one agency on his 'grey' list and yet when I searched the Russian forums I only found good comments on that agency, from guys who have used their services.
 But Ashley Neal........ I 'm pretty sure from his tale told to me that if he went back to Odessa, he will be taken care of UA justice style !  :fighting0004:  It just goes to show one shouldn't shoot their big mouth off when you don't know where the guy posts !  ;)

Up yours Assley ! :laugh:

Offline alenika

« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2008, 11:05:08 AM »
4. HEAT.
you must be kidding me. Did google ban the words "weather forecast"? With "temperature" and "humidity" altogether? Or did you expect that city should lower the temperature of environment for your visit?
:THUB: :chuckle:
I close eyes to see better

Offline alenika

« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2008, 11:45:33 AM »
Hell that i can't do in Barcelona man even if I like your city, as I do. Why do you think me and so many guys keep coming back? :chuckle:
Welcome to sex-tourist. Hey girls from antidate, where are you?? Someone needs your attention  :smokin: Just for any case.. if he'll try to contact normal girl  :popcorn:
I close eyes to see better

Offline fk-ukraine

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2008, 04:28:28 PM »
Hello chaps
Thank you so much for such a good welcoming…
Well, I have seen that many of you take things for granted and have their settle stereotypes before hearing the whole story. I was looking for comments and an enriching forum for discussion but its seem that here is not the place.
I was willing to expend my time sharing my experiences with you, which are quite a lot for such few days there, but I see that many people already know everything about this country and their people. So, I don’t understand the meaning of this forum with such confronted visions. Indeed, globalisation is not worldwide spread. Ukraine and this forum with many people non accepting the others vision and experiences is a clear example. So, I don’t want to waste my time and yours anymore with my story. I think that everybody here is adult and won’t accept things as black and white. As a story being written  by me I used the tone that I founded more convenient for the events to be explained, and trust me I was really passionate about  writing them. And as forum readers and writers, its all about the many shades of grey so the sum of shades may give us a much clear idea of the whole country, understanding that as everywhere there are great people and terrible people too. Sometimes, the big differences between countries are due to government politics, behaviours and their impunity (told by Odessa university students).
As a traveller lover that’s what I like to find out. I never stop on the surface and I like to dig as deep as I can.  I was quite aware of many things since I did my research as any experience traveller (if you need weather forecasts I can recommend you some much better that google). I landed in Odessa with a huge question mark to give response too. I had already checked your forum, other Internet sites and real people and everything was vague and unclear with much incongruence. So, I enjoy the challenge about discovering the secrets of Ukranine by myself.
Anyway, I had an unforgettable time in Odessa, I had fun as a good traveller and it has being a true enriching experience but I won’t come back and certainly not everyone will have a good time in Ukraine unless is an experienced traveller. Luckily, there are many other countries to discover yet. I enjoy everything since has being a lifetime experience. I was going to share my personal diary with chapters on:
1)   My conflict with the corrupted police
2)   The translator story about how Anastasia and other non trustful agencies work
3)   Shared experiences with foreigners there
4)   Odessa university mates and their pessimist vision of their future, country and government
5)   Visiting Odessa people’s apartment and understanding their way of living.
6)   Sports connect us: Go to the beach and play some volleyball, the way to meet real nice local people.
7)   One man one perfumes A beauty huge collection of perfumes.
8)   Men and women roles, explain by men and women separately.
9)   Ukrainian services, from tourist information to the boiling water glass.
10)   Kiev girls and their friends.
11)   The rich and the poor. All about appearances: from the golden Porsche story to the brand fashion victims.
12)   Meet the girls between 7 till 8 on Deribasovvskaya street (name after in honour of the Spanish General Jose de Ribas who commanded the Russian troops).
13)   Don’t try to be a hero: let men hit woman and fight on nightclubs.
14)   The non working beauties
15)   Peoples values, attitudes and the always surprising coldness of the day after.
16)   Happy and sad love stories. From the happy married to the divorced.
17)   The Odessa Airport
Thank you all for your time and comprehension on a stupid naïve traveller.
Good luck on your quest.
Please, don't go to Ukraine

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2008, 05:17:35 PM »
I for one am interested in hearing your story. While I laughed at your screen name, others found it offensive. Each to their own, as for some thinking yourhung up on yourself ,I'd say let the following posts tell, I really think you were expressing your anger,while you were relating your story from Odessa.
 maybe soften it up alittle many of these guys have a very demure like personalties.

Anyways I hope you'll continue, if not than good luck in your future endeavors.  :)

Offline Boris

« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2008, 05:36:31 PM »
I for one am interested in hearing your story. While I laughed at your screen name, others found it offensive. Each to their own, as for some thinking yourhung up on yourself ,I'd say let the following posts tell, I really think you were expressing your anger,while you were relating your story from Odessa.
 maybe soften it up alittle many of these guys have a very demure like personalties.

Anyways I hope you'll continue, if not than good luck in your future endeavors.  :)

I agree with Don. I remember my first impressions of driving through Odessa and it wasn't exactly positive. Ukraine grew on me as I spent more time there and met more people on a personal level. I would like to hear what you have to say.

Offline Nando

« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2008, 05:37:31 PM »
Hell that i can't do in Barcelona man even if I like your city, as I do. Why do you think me and so many guys keep coming back? :chuckle:
Welcome to sex-tourist. Hey girls from antidate, where are you?? Someone needs your attention  :smokin: Just for any case.. if he'll try to contact normal girl  :popcorn:

Well I you are saying I am a sex tourist you are wrong  :laugh:

Normal girls? That is funny to :laugh:
What is the percentage of girls there who wants to have sex the first time they met?
And no we are not talking about agency girls. Most normal girls don't even have internet at home there or time to surf antidate or any forum by the way...they have to work a lot to live
Antidate? Even 2tallbill was considered a sex tourist there :antagonize:

Offline Voyager

• Meмber
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2008, 08:18:01 PM »

Anyway, I had an unforgettable time in Odessa, I had fun as a good traveller and it has being a true enriching experience

That line doesn't quite match with your screen name of F**k Ukraine.

Offline Wild Orchid

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2008, 08:36:17 PM »
That line doesn't quite match with your screen name of F**k Ukraine.

he was frustrated.. When I was stopped at Sheremetyevo at midnight and sent to Chinese consulate to get a visa for my stop over in Hong-Kong and NOBODY was willing to listen to me or talk to me... I was about to scream at  the top of my lungs the same sentence but about Russia

Offline cdrp

« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2008, 10:12:54 PM »
I don't recall any requirement for a good experience while traveling anywhere on the planet, much less in Ukraine.  This forum certainly does not require only positive reports either.  Negative reports of experiences are just as important (if not more) for the education of those of us who look to these accounts for insight into other cultures and personal experiences.

For me, you lost credibility by posting the screen name of FU.  It is not only inappropriate and extremely vulgar, but shows a very immature and insolent nature.  Combine that with the title of your thread and you immediately portrait yourself as an arrogant and limited individual (especially in your experience as a traveler) ....all of this and I have not even read your first sentence.  To claim yourself as an experienced world traveler
I have being traveling all over the world, from Japan to Israel, from Africa to Southamerica and I have never come across with such a bad service and anti foreigner’s attitude. Everybody is rude, everybody tries to get as much as they can from foreigners.
and never experienced this...I can only question the validity of this statement, or perhaps you only traveled with your parents and were shielded from the realities of the countries you visited?

So now after being impressed with your sophistication and poise, I am supposed to read what you wrote and allow even a scrap of credibility?  Your account lends some foundation for your dissatisfaction, but unfortunately you chose to add unnecessary bias to your story that further detracted from your experience and credibility.

I wish I had Donhollio's tolerance for your overbearing lack of maturity and profoundly limited style of communication.  My best recommendation would be to get an appropriate screen name that is not akin to a ghetto tag on the side of a building, rename your thread, and write an even, balanced, account of your experience.  It certainly does not have to be a good account, just a mature chronicle of your experience without the sweeping ignorant generalizations that you so love to proclaim.

The only thing about your posts that I find particularly accurate is your own assessment of yourself: 
a stupid naïve traveller
But then of course, these are your words...not mine. :chuckle:

By your last post you appear to be disappointed in the fact that many of us are not happy with a crude and biased account, peppered with sweeping negative generalizations, from an individual with dubious credentials, and admitted very limited experience.  I would hazard to guess that the reason for the less than positive response is because your posts do not in any way indicate you went to the Ukraine in search of a relationship with a woman from the FSU.  Your account smacks of sex tourism, and preying on what you view as a hungry population of girls looking for a western man.  Sorry to disappoint, but perhaps you should have read the description of this forum before posting
This is the place for information & discussion about relationships with Russian & FSU women.
:reading:

Offline ECR844

• Searching for the word I will become
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2008, 10:36:42 PM »
I was going to share my personal diary with chapters on:
1)   My conflict with the corrupted police
2)   The translator story about how Anastasia and other non trustful agencies work
3)   Shared experiences with foreigners there
4)   Odessa university mates and their pessimist vision of their future, country and government
5)   Visiting Odessa people’s apartment and understanding their way of living.
6)   Sports connect us: Go to the beach and play some volleyball, the way to meet real nice local people.
7)   One man one perfumes A beauty huge collection of perfumes.
8)   Men and women roles, explain by men and women separately.
9)   Ukrainian services, from tourist information to the boiling water glass.
10)   Kiev girls and their friends.
11)   The rich and the poor. All about appearances: from the golden Porsche story to the brand fashion victims.
12)   Meet the girls between 7 till 8 on Deribasovvskaya street (name after in honour of the Spanish General Jose de Ribas who commanded the Russian troops).
13)   Don’t try to be a hero: let men hit woman and fight on nightclubs.
14)   The non working beauties
15)   Peoples values, attitudes and the always surprising coldness of the day after.
16)   Happy and sad love stories. From the happy married to the divorced.
17)   The Odessa Airport
Thank you all for your time and comprehension on a stupid naïve traveller.
Good luck on your quest.

Tha's quite the list of statements you have there ..."professor." Is it really your belief it's ok for men to "hit" women?

Offline LoyalMan

• ChiNazi scientists have invented Wuhan Virus Test Agent with accuracy rate close to 0%
  • Spouses Country: Neptune
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2008, 05:39:44 AM »

Just because you are a playboy!  :biggrin:

Offline Jared2151

« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2008, 07:37:29 AM »
Right on LCDRP !!!!!!   :party0011:

Did he just talk down his nose to us ?

I feel so deprived, not being able to read his laundry list of 'chapters'.              NOT !!

Offline mirror

« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2008, 08:36:36 AM »
fk-ukraine,
my personal observation is same like fk-ukraine described. I was in Kiev not long time ago and could observe what is going on there .
I met with a woman who gives a flat under a rent for foreigners (for sex with girls), her eyes calculated money,money...   :laugh:
I saw in one similar flat one  foreigner (nearly 65 y.o.) with very young Ukrainian girl (nearly 23 y.o.) -sure they both are looking for a happy marriage. :chuckle:
Lies? Hmmm... who doesn't know that today girl meets one and tommorow-another one.Ukrainia-is a country of sex tourism.Fk-ukrainie, didn't you know about it before your trip?

Offline Nando

« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2008, 09:05:27 AM »
Thank god it only happens in Ukraine Mirror :chuckle:

I have to tell my Russian woman friend from Ufa that she is a lier, because she told me so many girls there accept everything (meaning sugar daddy's) just to get out of there.
Her words not mine :laugh:

Maybe we need a poll
In which country of FSU do young chicks accept more sugar daddy's?
1) Ukraine
2) Russia
#) Other (please specify) :chuckle:

Offline mirror

« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2008, 11:15:06 AM »
Nando
I have to tell my Russian woman friend from Ufa that she is a lier, because she told me so many girls there accept everything (meaning sugar daddy's) just to get out of there.
Her words not mine :laugh:

What can I say? I just feel sorry for your woman-friend from Ufa if she has similar sort of girls around her.
I don't know anybody around me who is ready for everything just to get out of here.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2008, 02:37:17 PM »
Disappointed boy, even more disappointed because we could not bring ourselves to fawn at the feet of an intrepid traveller doing something nobody else had ever done (balls up up his planning and had to live with the consequences.)

I'd love to hear a travellers tale that tells a passionate story. Your introduction was anything but an introduction to such a story. It was a whining rant from a big kid. If you actually chose to write in that voice because you thought it appropriate to your audience then not only did you misjudge your audience but you insulted them as well. Neither error of judgement can be calculated to bring you plaudits, as you now know.
Your words, I think, in both posts, reflect pretty well the 'real' you and that persona is not one with which I'd choose to spend much time. Sorry.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!