The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Divorcing my RW wife: from '2003  (Read 13266 times)

Offline mirror

Re: Divorcing my RW wife: from '2003
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2007, 03:20:21 AM »
... this is my story and heartbroken, because i really thought she was true !

Your story from beginning sounded like a real truth. Who could foreknow the end?-nobody.
I hope it was not the worst case in your life. You helped this "lovely" girl with your money and maybe she is happy with that. You saved your another 5000 $ as you said and it is important ... isn't? Forget it ,go and look forward.Don't be aggressive.

Offline cocco63

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2007, 03:23:09 AM »
Thank you..i am looking forward.....for me i pretend i gave to charity, but like they say, what goes around, comes around, one day this girl will pay for all her games....and i told her.....so she can run, but she can't hide.........thanks again.

Offline mirror

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2007, 05:30:43 AM »
Thank you..i am looking forward.....for me i pretend i gave to charity, but like they say, what goes around, comes around, one day this girl will pay for all her games....and i told her.....so she can run, but she can't hide.........thanks again.

Amen!

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2007, 01:05:09 PM »
Cocco63, if what you wrote in your post upthread is true '...yes, i ve been had..........sucker ! So this is my story and heartbroken, because i really thought she was true !'
Then it is really hard to believe your words in your next post.
Thus what Scott wrote is, whether you like it or not, almost certainly true and certainly more credible than your denial of it!

If you were simply seeking a paid companion then she would have turned up. ;) You grasped beyond your reach and plucked thin air. As others have written, accurately, before - don't pay anything until you meet. Even a paid companion would have almsot certainly sought no more than a deposit and the price of the round trip ticket, or the tickets themselves.

...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline ScottJaySplendid

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2007, 01:29:35 PM »
Cocco63, if what you wrote in your post upthread is true '...yes, i ve been had..........sucker ! So this is my story and heartbroken, because i really thought she was true !'
Then it is really hard to believe your words in your next post.
Thus what Scott wrote is, whether you like it or not, almost certainly true and certainly more credible than your denial of it!

If you were simply seeking a paid companion then she would have turned up. ;) You grasped beyond your reach and plucked thin air. As others have written, accurately, before - don't pay anything until you meet. Even a paid companion would have almsot certainly sought no more than a deposit and the price of the round trip ticket, or the tickets themselves.

Cocco is now asserting that he is not desperate since he is a sex tourist.  As I said when I "played psychologist," his conduct demonstrated no introspection at all.  It has now been confirmed. 

Any sympathy I previously had for Cocco evaporated when he gave his newest "explanation."
While we have a few lottery winners here, if you're thinking about importing one of the pit vipers I have one word of advice -- don't.

Online BC

« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2007, 02:51:57 PM »
I am afraid I am not as good as you say I am. A good deal that drives me is payback to the USCIS. Their incentive program for GCGs put me in the position I was/am in. Then they failed to help me when I went to them. That's one of my motivations. They need to be exposed.

Maxx

Maxx,

You really can't expect any government to solve problems created between your own ears, it's not their job.

I see even after all the time that has passed you are still blaming others for your misfortune.

Quite sad really...

Offline rose

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2007, 04:30:22 PM »
You should be wary of any woman  you have never met who falls in love with you over the Internet, through correspondence and over the telephone -- UNLESS it is 1795 and you are writing to Jane Austen (in which case there is no Internet or telephone; just weekly letters exchanged through Britain's postal system).

You set yourself up to be scammed.  FSUW don't easily fall in love.  Beyond that, why would you want to be in an involved relationship with a woman you didn't know who fell in love with you? 

Don't worry.  It's a rhetorical question, and I know you got burned, and feel for you.  (Although I am sure in the background there was this belief that even if it didn't work out there would be a lot of steamy sex.) 

Have you figured it out?  You were too needy, not sufficiently introspective, and ready to buy a pig in a poke.  Desperation leads to fraud.

As with everything in the world, if it's too good to be true it ain't true.  Good things require hard work and take time.  The chances of winning the lottery are very small.  The chances of winning the mail order bride lottery without a lot of hard work are nil.

Your post reminded me a situation that happened to me a couple of years ago. I was very unhappy in my marriage, but because of some circumstances I couldn't divorce at that moment. I felt very lonely, I didn't have many friends here in California, and probably I was as desperate as one only can be. It just happened that I had to talk to some guy on the phone and the second I heard his voice I felt in love (not with him, but with his voice). Well, as many Russian girls I was raised on Jane Austins books, therefore I believed in miracles and a perfect romance. So, mix of desperation and expectation of fairy tale resulted in me falling in love. To make the situation worse, there was one thing which I admired in him absolutely - he was smart! Gosh! he was REALLY SMART!!!
You wrote here that FSUW don't easily fall in love. I did, very easily, because from one side I admire the beauty of human mind, and from the other, honestly speaking, at that point of my life I was ready to fall in love with anyone who would pay me any attention. I was too needy.
Well, to make the long story short, reading your post today I remembered that story and thought that if at that moment of my life there was someone who would say me the words you wrote here, it would really helped me to understand the situation and simply calm down.

Offline ForgeMaster

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2007, 04:39:47 PM »
Your post reminded me a situation that happened to me a couple of years ago. ........
You wrote here that FSUW don't easily fall in love. I did, ..... I was too needy.
Well, to make the long story short, reading your post today I rememberd that story and thought that if at that moment of my life there was someone who would say me the words you wrote here, it would really helped me to understand the situation and simply calm down.

Rose,
  Bless your dear heart!  This is exactly the reason that so many men and women fall before they are ready.  They believe what they want to believe and imagine a wonderful person on the telephone and behind the letters. 
  The internet is full of all kind of people:  gullible and dishonest.  The dishonest will always prey upon the gullible.  Russian women hate sex tourist men.  Men hate scammer women.  It is up to each person to protect himself or herself from these kinds of people. 
  I hope you will stay here for a while and learn from what you read.  As you know more, you can protect yourself better.  It is OK to be skeptical about a person!!

FM
ForgeMaster
FirstMember

Offline rose

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2007, 05:09:29 PM »
Thank you, Forgemaster.

The thing is that I was wondering for a while if that guy thought of me as of a golddigger or not. I know that that guy is a pretty sceptical person. Maybe some day I'll know the answer, but do I care now?
I describe this situation only because I wanted to state that yes, there are a lot of scammers in this world, but there are a lot of good decent people, too.
We see whatever we want to see - if we'll look for scammers, we'll see how many scammers around, and then, in a while it seems that almost all RW/UW are scammers.
The problem is that there is a lot of RW/UW who are really despert, and who are so needy that they can fall in love over the phone, but they are not scammers. They just jump into first available cart without bothering to check the destination, because they are afraid that their train will be gone.
They are not getting younger. They aren't selective, but they are not scammers.
And yes, there are sometimes situations when people get sick, or die. And if I, for example, in a relatively close relations with someone, I will tell him about my situation not because I need his money, but because I believe that normal healthy relations are based on trust and friendship.

P.S. BTW, do you know how many men brake their legs or even die just before visiting RW/UW? have you ever thought how many men start relations with RW/UW being married? Or just travel for a one sole reason of having sex?

Well, I'm not going to start a big fight here, I just want to point out that scammers are on Mars, too.

Offline Maxx

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2007, 06:56:22 PM »

I never thought desperation as in being lonely and wanting a companion was a crime or something to be ridiculed over. Most men in this IMO (BC and myself included) were desperate.  Few men will admit that they haven't had a hot date in years. That many AW who are divorced that they could date are wrapped up almost exclusively in their kids and are carrying allot of baggage. All my single male friends all bemoan this situation. Just recently here in Minnesota single adult households now out number married ones. What a change this is from when I was a kid. Then there is the parallel situation with older RW with their men and the FSU's societal changes. Their women and our men is an excellent except for the GCGs and loser/abusers. Even there I would go soft on women wanting a better life without hurting someone and would be soft on the 'loser' type guys who inherited some dweebness from their parents. If Russian women will have them why should we care? I'll make an exception for Alfie....

Maxx

Offline rose

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2007, 08:14:01 PM »
Maxx, if you misunderstood me I apologize. I never meant that desperation is a crime.
All I wanted to say was that I agree with ScottJay, that being lonely or desperate blurs our eyes and mind. We see something what is not there. I think this is the reason why a lot of women fall in love over the phone, but they are not scammers. That was my point.
As to your dream, I'm sorry that you still see such nightmares. You moved on, but your past still hurts you. I believe there 2 ways out of your past: safe (wait when all your wounds hill permanently, but it might tale another10 years or longer), or unsafe(try to find someone who will help you to heal your wounds, but there are chances that you might be hurt again). It's up to you.
Look at the positive side of it: you already helped and keep helping so many people!

Offline Maxx

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2007, 09:07:10 PM »

Thanks Rose, I didn't mean that towards you. You never entered my mind when I posted that. It's just something that I have been seeing on the message boards. That is being lonely meant you are a loser. I just don't see it that way. There are LOTS of lonely people that are caught in circumstances too varied to categorize. They are not losers they are just people looking for love and a new start.

Maxx

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2007, 02:28:34 AM »
Quote from: Rose
The problem is that there is a lot of RW/UW who are really desperate, and who are so needy that they can fall in love over the phone, but they are not scammers. They just jump into first available cart without bothering to check the destination, because they are afraid that their train will be gone. They are not getting any younger. They aren't selective, but they are not scammers.

Valid point and quite true. I have seen this in action with a few women.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Maxx

« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2007, 05:53:55 AM »
Valid point and quite true. I have seen this in action with a few women.

Desperate women can make excellent housewives ... or sometimes they do not. Same goes for the loser/lonely guys.  At age 48 and fresh off a divorce I was loney and looking for marriage. I didn't want to wait a few years until all the emotions of neediness settled. I would be in my fifties then... So I like so many others rushed off to Russia. I met and then married on my third visit to see her. I wasn't technically a "one week wonder". Just one in spirit and motivation. Later when everything busted up I found out from one of her friends that she said "I would rather die than go back to Russia".

Offline rose

« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2007, 10:40:21 AM »
Desperate women can make excellent housewives ... or sometimes they do not. Same goes for the loser/lonely guys.

Excuse me, Maxx, a person can be lonely, but it doesn't mean that this person is a loser. Don't mix 2 absolutely different things.
Loser - is a state of mind.
I'm 40, fresh out of divorce, and yes, right now I'm lonely. But I'm not a loser, on the opposite, I'm so lonely that sometimes I stay at my work till 9-10 PM just because I don't have anything better to do, but... workwise my career is booming, and I don't feel like I'm a looser. Very often after divorce we find ourselves in a new state - when we come home no one around to share the dinner, no one to spend a weekend... Sounds sad, but from the other side... it's like a timeout which we need in order to come back to our senses, to settle our mind, to heal our wounds. In such situation rush into something new - stupid and irresponsible. This time is for us, to understand who we are and what we want in this life.
This time we need to analyze our mistakes and to move on without repeating them again and again.
But will repeat, it doesn't mean that a person is a loser (although sometimes it feels like).

Desperation on the other hand is an extreme form of loneliness, when we cannot stand any longer being alone and are ready for whatever, just not to be alone any longer. From desperation there is only one tiny step to neediness.
Do desperate women make good wives? Sometimes yes, if by accident they were lucky and got more or less whatever they were looking for. Unfortunately, in many cases they don't think straight, jump into relashions, and discover unexpected surprises of marriage postfactum. Then goes disappointment which often results in divorce.

I've been here for a while, I've seen a lot of ladies who come here and thought that they won a lottery, unfortunately scenario almost always end the same way, and it's not a Hollywood finale...

Offline Maxx

« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2007, 09:19:08 PM »

Rose, I meant what I wrote as how some people think on these message boards. Some of these guys act like they had beautiful women lined up around the block waiting for them before they went on their search in the FSU. It's just not so. I give these guys a break as long as they don't insult men who haven't or don't want to find a wife. The same goes for RW in Russia and here in the US. Few of these women have men lined up around the block. Starting up relationships with the purpose of love and marriage are difficult to do in the US once one gets past a certain age. People are just too wary of getting burnt. Many just give up on the idea of marriage all together. No they are not losers.   

Offline WWW

« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2007, 09:10:35 PM »
To All!
try to search the name of Olga XXXXXXXXX and open RussianInternationalXXXXX : Organaized Crime in Arizona... so, you can read all.

Edited by ScottJaySplendid to delete name, identifying attachment and website since it appears this poster makes 1 post on various Internet boards whose purpose is to tell a story about the subject woman.  There is no confirming feedback on her anywhere.  So, this appears to be an attempted "hit and run"   That won't be tolerated here.

Offline Maxx

« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2007, 05:16:41 PM »

I found this witty peice

VAWA GIVES MORE RIGHTS TO ILLEGALS THAN CITIZENS

By Carey Roberts
September 22, 2007
NewsWithViews.com
Attention, ladies of the world: The U.S. Congress has now granted you the Keys to Kingdom that will unlock the door to U.S. citizenship, a good-paying job, and tons of free services. Here’s how it works.

First, get into the United States, anyway you can. If you’re going to do it legally, a Temporary Worker visa is the easiest way. But why bother with the paperwork, just walk across the border when they’re looking the other way!

Next, you need to find a man. Do it quickly before they can deport you. And preferably a guy who can’t afford his own lawyer -- I’ll explain why in a minute.

Tell him you came to the United States to find a new life, to start over, whatever. Use your feminine wiles. Tell him how badly your previous boss or boyfriend treated you. Move in with him. If you can get pregnant or married, that much better.

Here’s where it gets a little dicey, but if you follow my instructions carefully, you’ll nail down that restraining order and hit the VAWA jackpot. Think of a time when he raised his voice, got angry, or told you to stop over-spending the bank account. In our abundant Land of Opportunity, all of those things are considered to be domestic violence!

Now all you have to do is go to a judge and say the argument you had last night made you feel afraid. If you can say it with a trembling lip or misted eye, that will work wonders.

Or just accuse him of trying to “control” you. All this may sound unbelievable, but judges have been to lots of classes, and they know that domestic violence is all about power and control.

If that doesn’t work, just make something up about him shoving or forcing you to have sex. But don’t claim he actually slugged you, or the judge might want to see the bruises – then you’d have some explaining to do.

Don’t worry about your illegal status, because amazingly the judge is not allowed to ask. Not only that, judges are instructed, “A denial of a protective order would be discrimination based on national origin which is specifically prohibited by law.” You can find that in the Arizona Domestic Violence Benchbook – right there on page 25: [Read].

That drive-through restraining order will get your husband or boyfriend kicked out of the house. Now the fun really begins.

First, claiming to be a battered woman (it’s better to use red-meat words like “battered” rather than “abused”) makes it almost impossible for the Citizenship and Immigration Service to deport you.

And now you can start to apply for a broad range of benefits – welfare, Medicaid, and child support. Remember, none of these programs need to know that you are an illegal immigrant – even if they ask, and don’t have to answer.

Then you can go to the Immigration Service and “self-petition” for work authorization, permanent residency, and eventual citizenship. Form I-360 says all you need is an order of protection – so the 15 minutes you spent at the courthouse is already reaping huge dividends.

At some point they might ask you if you are a victim of battery or extreme cruelty. Don’t worry, because if you look at the fine print, the law says your self-declaration is enough. That means whatever you say, they have to believe you. Didn’t I tell you this was going to be a blast?

And there are loads of websites that give step-by-step instructions how to work the system, like WomensLaw.org: [Read]

If you still don’t believe me how easy this is, then go to the website of the U.S. government: [Read]

So it all boils down to three simple steps:

1, Get into the country
2, Find a man
3, Accuse him of abuse

And remember the Violence Against Women Act guarantees you free legal help. But your husband or boyfriend won’t be eligible, so if he can’t afford a lawyer, you’ve already won the case.

Maybe you’ve heard of men who were falsely accused of abuse, how it ruined their reputations, emptied out their bank accounts, and destroyed relationships with their children.

Don’t worry about those stories. Congress put these benefits into the VAWA law, so obviously it intended for you to take advantage of them.

You go, girl!

© 2007 Carey Roberts - All Rights Reserved

Registration