Dating & Marriage With Women From Russia, Ukraine, Belarus & FSU > Dating Scams and Suspicious Agencies

"TheBat!" programme and its use.

(1/11) > >>

Manny:
The Bat! (also known as TB! And TB) is an e-mail client application (a program that runs on a computer) that is marketed towards companies and individuals that need to manage large volumes of e-mail.

"The Bat!" is often associated with scammers. The product itself is legitimate and is a valuable tool for many businesses; unfortunately, the same features that make it effective and efficient for companies, also provide a similar benefit to scammers.

Fay Yuri or Hairy Boris is quite fond of "The Bat!", you will see it mentioned often when e-mail headers from potential scammers are discussed. This is why scammers use it:

* The Scammer needs an e-mail client that can manage large amounts of e-mail from many different e-mail accounts (using the same e-mail account for communicating with many victims can be problematic since once identified as a Scammer, there are enough Blacklists that the e-mail account will be readily recognisable).
* The Scammer needs an e-mail client that can sort messages from different e-mail accounts into threads do that the dialogue over time can be managed – this allows "customization" of the communication with the victim to help avoid suspicion (not answering questions or ignoring important information can tip off a victim that something is wrong.)
* The Scammer needs a way to reduce the amount of effort required to communicate with all their victims.
Some people will tell you that whenever you see a "The Bat!" marker in e-mail headers it is always a scam. Not always so. If you suspect you are in correspondence with a scammer, check the e-mail headers, look for a reference to "The Bat!" in there, it can be an indicator of skulduggery and it is often found in the e-mails from scammers.

mobyone:

--- Quote from: Manny on July 29, 2008, 01:57:04 AM ---look for a reference to "The Bat!" in there. That can also be an indicator of skulduggery.

--- End quote ---

I think your advice is spot on re the "signs" but would just like to point out that many FSU IT folk use "the bat" and recommend it to their clients ...

I "courted" a lady that used it and she was no scammer .. Many folk I know in Cyprus use it .. it's sort of a "up yours" to Microsoft ..

So, use of "the bat" doesn't NECESSARILY point to being a scammer ;)

Chris:

--- Quote from: msmoby_ru on July 29, 2008, 03:04:48 AM ---
--- Quote from: Manny on July 29, 2008, 01:57:04 AM ---look for a reference to "The Bat!" in there. That can also be an indicator of skulduggery.

--- End quote ---
I think your advice to justme is spot on re the "signs" but would just like to point out that many FSU IT folk use "the bat" and recommend it to their clients ...

I "courted" a lady that used it and she was no scammer .. Many folk I know in Cyprus use it .. it's sort of a "up yours" to Microsoft ..

--- End quote ---

I agree MS but The Bat is a shareware e-mail client hosted out of Moldova and is well known for being a spamming tool used by scammers, so much so that some ISP's block messages containing the Bat x-mailer header. Many spam messages have the X-Mailer header field set to The Bat!, but this is because it is one of the default settings in the Advanced Mass Sender program, which is frequently used for sending spam mail.

Although of course there are plenty of legitimate users of it too, so it is not necessarily a spammer using it, but there is a good chance of a spammer using it for unsavoury reasons, if that makes sense  ;)

mobyone:

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: msmoby ---I think your advice is spot on re the "signs" but would just like to point out that many FSU IT folk use "the bat" and recommend it to their clients ...

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Chris ---I agree MS but The Bat is a shareware e-mail client hosted out of Moldova and is well known for being a spamming tool used by scammers, so much so that some ISP's block messages containing the Bat x-mailer header. Many spam messages have the X-Mailer header field set to The Bat!, but this is because it is one of the default settings in the Advanced Mass Sender program, which is frequently used for sending spam mail.

Although of course there are plenty of legitimate users of it too, so it is not necessarily a spammer using it, but there is a good chance of a spammer using it for unsavoury reasons, if that makes sense  ;)
--- End quote ---

Yep, it does make sense .. ! ;)

If you follow this link .. http://www.ritlabs.com/en/products/thebat/prizes.php .. you'll see how many awards the product has .. including my fav pc mag, PCPRO.

So, I hope you'll see that it is a shame that a lady might be excluded because her IT advisor has read good reports about an email client :)

YES, it could be "sign".. and in this case the content of the mail doesn't ring true...

BTW My wife's son uses the Bat! and she wrote to me first...;)

Manny:
I did qualify my statement with "can" in the sentence "can be an indicator of skulduggery." Can meaning perhaps. IMO "The Bat!" is merely a piece of the jigsaw that can be considered with other info to form an opinion, not as a decider in and of itself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version