The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: New Book: The Russian Bride Guide  (Read 108163 times)

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: New Book: The Russian Bride Guide
« Reply #225 on: July 04, 2013, 09:12:56 AM »
Are there any plans for an updated edition of this book?

I don't know that demand is what it once was, so doubtful at this stage.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Realpainterguy

• Artist
    • http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVD3_2GBDV5XKYsZjuDRqXA?feature=watch
  • Spouses Country: USA
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #226 on: October 14, 2013, 06:40:28 PM »
 :)
Thank you so much for the book!!!
I read the book twice...WOW!! the advice was great..
I  found my Ukrainian wife and the book was a great help

Offline Manny

« Reply #227 on: December 21, 2013, 04:06:24 PM »
Update:

Due to the high volume of item-not-received fraud we encounter from the US and Canada (covered in this topic), we have changed the purchase options for this item. All our sites will be updated over the next few weeks to show this change.

For buyers in the US and Canada, the book can now be had here from Amazon for less than $20.

For buyers in the UK it can be had for £10 from this page, where there are also options for European and other channels.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
  • Spouses Country: TBC
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #228 on: March 15, 2015, 05:38:54 AM »
Really good book, I've read it several times over.

Out of curiosity Manny can I ask how many copies of this book were printed/sold?

I know I am I'm sure I am I'm Rotherham til I die!

Offline Manny

« Reply #229 on: March 15, 2015, 06:08:04 AM »
Out of curiosity Manny can I ask how many copies of this book were printed/sold?

I don't have exact numbers, but it is in five figures.

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
  • Spouses Country: TBC
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #230 on: March 15, 2015, 09:09:07 AM »

I don't have exact numbers, but it is in five figures.

Wow!! Impressive. I hope it continues!
I know I am I'm sure I am I'm Rotherham til I die!

Offline D.Pernauld

« Reply #231 on: April 23, 2016, 04:57:08 PM »
When was this book last revised?

Offline Manny

« Reply #232 on: August 14, 2016, 01:02:21 PM »
When was this book last revised?

It was written in 2008, it hasn't had any notable revisions. So any info therein must be considered in the context of that (comments about internet access, etc. spring to mind).

Offline Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Hero Member
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #233 on: March 16, 2019, 09:44:53 AM »
I purchased a copy of Manny's Russian Bride Guide back in 2010 when I was a sophomore in high school. When it arrived in the mail both of my parents expressed amusement, especially in consideration of the cover artwork. I remember my dad asking, "Well what do you feed her?" I had to think fast, so I answered, "Money!" His amusement ended shortly thereafter, developing into a full-blown lecture on 'frivolous expenditures.' This coming from the man who converted one of the largest rooms of the house into a model train layout!  :laugh:

Thanks for writing the book Manny. Although it's over a decade old now, much of the information is still helpful and relevant in one way or another (well, and inspiring too). I know most of you folks must think I'm kidding around about building a family with a woman from Eastern Europe. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens. 
"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #234 on: March 16, 2019, 10:24:18 AM »
I purchased a copy of Manny's Russian Bride Guide back in 2010 when I was a sophomore in high school. When it arrived in the mail both of my parents expressed amusement, especially in consideration of the cover artwork. I remember my dad asking, "Well what do you feed her?" I had to think fast, so I answered, "Money!" His amusement ended shortly thereafter, developing into a full-blown lecture on 'frivolous expenditures.' This coming from the man who converted one of the largest rooms of the house into a model train layout!  :laugh:

Thanks for writing the book Manny. Although it's over a decade old now, much of the information is still helpful and relevant in one way or another (well, and inspiring too). I know most of you folks must think I'm kidding around about building a family with a woman from Eastern Europe. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Lucky man! As a kid I really loved model trains. What a great hobby; if you can afford it and you have space, props!

Registration