The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: FootballDad's Trip Report - Summer 2008  (Read 23284 times)

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
  • Trips: 20+
Re: FootballDad's Trip Report - Summer 2008
« Reply #75 on: August 22, 2008, 10:46:08 AM »
Chin up FB, onwards and upwards, theres plenty more fish in the sea ;)
Слава Україні

Offline Jared2151

« Reply #76 on: August 22, 2008, 10:48:31 AM »
FBD, sorry to hear the news.

I'm sure that someone out there will be worthy of your attention and she will find you.

Offline FootballDad

« Reply #77 on: August 22, 2008, 02:32:03 PM »
Thanks everyone for the condolensces and advice.

Not good taker of rejection ... but the relationship was an "experience"  :rolleye0009:

I just don't understand the "indirectness" of the final blow  :fighting0004:

Just hope I am not too guarded with the next "prospect" in "jumping in the pool"  :-\

Eddie.
Go Seahawks!!! Go Vandals!!!

Offline Wild Orchid

« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2008, 03:29:56 PM »
   "to say about it you straight does not allow by my education" and "in our consuetudes and culture there are
          a lot of distinction, I can not therefore, as you, to speak about all opened",    --> she states that "I felt chemistry at our first meeting and on our trip together", "but after had the
          heap of time since our leaving, to bethink of our relations. I tried to weigh all nuances. I searched all pluss and minuses. you are an indeed good
          man. But I think that between you and me there is no chemistry anymore.
    --> : "I came to conclusion, that our relations can not have continuation...."
Plain curiosity, what was a verbal conversation like if she writes like that?

Offline FootballDad

« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2008, 03:42:02 PM »
Olga,

I really didn't have much problem verbally communicating with her -- probably only had to repeat large "sophisticated" words (that I would forget whom I am talking to and sometimes say) and maybe every 20th phrase.  During our "vacation", I thought it was fine. 

Thanks, though, for noticing, this brings something to light!
Her prior email communication, although probably much better thought out and worded (cause she "cared"), was much better "written" and grammatically correct, than this email I received last night ... almost as if it was rushed (and she was ready to get through with it in a hurry).  I dunno   :D

Maybe her girlfriend "L" wrote it for her ...  :money:
Go Seahawks!!! Go Vandals!!!

Offline ECR844

• Searching for the word I will become
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2008, 04:25:01 PM »
"FD,"

My condolences on the demise of your relationship. I think in the future when your ready to move on you'll find that you "dodged a bullet." I wish you success and happiness in the future.

Offline Boris

« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2008, 08:18:24 PM »
Well, FSU Fans ......

Well, I knew deep down the writing was on the wall, but I expected her to be more personable about her message to me and how she would deliver it (if it came to this).  I truly think that she cares for me and there is (some) chemistry, but I think that the idea of moving to the US and starting a new life, especially as she is just finishing her doctorate level schooling and getting ready for a new career, was too much for her ... as well as her transplanting her daughter.  Not sure, but that is my guess.

TIME TO MOVE ON!!!
Barry, I will take your advice (thank you for reminding this old broken down "Mike" (MLB)
"You pick your butt up and get back in the game. You gave it your best shot and that is all you can ask of yourself."

...... "NEXT!!!"....

I am truly sorry. I hoped I was wrong. Just remember this broken down "Will" has your back.

Barry

Offline sydneyvontrapp

« Reply #82 on: August 23, 2008, 08:07:06 PM »
Hello FD :
    Sorry to hear this news.  you went about it the right way.  you put yourself out there and let her see the person that you are.  I hope you can brush yourself off and climb back on the horse!  you are deserving of a special woman.

We had a member here before named Jordan ( Evilferrit ) who enjoyed his trip.  Thought everything went great.  Was trying to plan his return trip when he got his Dear Jordan email.  Jordan was one of the much younger members here.  Maybe we will see him here again.  As much as I wish everyone would be successful in this endeavour; we know the truth.  It isn't any easier to make that perfect connection if both parties aren't willing to work at the relationship.

Dave Maynard ( aka sydneyvontrapp )

Offline Alec

« Reply #83 on: November 07, 2010, 02:01:03 PM »
Hi FootballDAD
My friend, I have been reading your story with great interest, your a nice and honest person, and this is the reason that you have missed all the scammer signals from the begining.
Ukraine is a poor country and many people resort to alL kinds of scamming and prostetution, please dont take this for all I am not accusing everyone but this is true and I have seen it, so most of these agencies are scammers and they have staff that reply to the letters of clients AND READY TO DO ANYTHING.
First if you get to meet someone, have you seen their girls, they are gorgeous and its doubtful that they are single..second when you want to meet them there are always reasons to escape by them, and the girl you get to meet is selected by the agency with a preset plan to dry you off and take as much money from you..
and im sorry to say it in your case, but probably shes done it to many other men..its like protetution..
this woman used you and took advantage of your generosity...you took her on an adventure she couldnt dream or afford, and when she found you had serious intentions she had to run coz for sure she has someone in her life...I know of many cases and ive been there myself on vacation and visit of some friends, i once dated a girl when i was in ukraine things were going ok untill i told her i was serious then she admitted she already had a boyfriend...
so my friend dont use these services any more, all of them are scams, and faces for other deals, and if you insist on meeting a ukrainian girl, you go the country yourself spend a vacation there long one and meet someone yourself, if not at least make friends, im sure you will find someone nice ,
I wish you the best and you will get the person you deserve its a matter of time...

Offline Bruce Lee

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #84 on: November 09, 2010, 09:44:16 AM »
Hi FootballDAD
My friend, I have been reading your story with great interest, your a nice and honest person, and this is the reason that you have missed all the scammer signals from the begining.
Ukraine is a poor country and many people resort to alL kinds of scamming and prostetution, please dont take this for all I am not accusing everyone but this is true and I have seen it, so most of these agencies are scammers and they have staff that reply to the letters of clients AND READY TO DO ANYTHING.
First if you get to meet someone, have you seen their girls, they are gorgeous and its doubtful that they are single..second when you want to meet them there are always reasons to escape by them, and the girl you get to meet is selected by the agency with a preset plan to dry you off and take as much money from you..
and im sorry to say it in your case, but probably shes done it to many other men..its like protetution..
this woman used you and took advantage of your generosity...you took her on an adventure she couldnt dream or afford, and when she found you had serious intentions she had to run coz for sure she has someone in her life...I know of many cases and ive been there myself on vacation and visit of some friends, i once dated a girl when i was in ukraine things were going ok untill i told her i was serious then she admitted she already had a boyfriend...
so my friend dont use these services any more, all of them are scams, and faces for other deals, and if you insist on meeting a ukrainian girl, you go the country yourself spend a vacation there long one and meet someone yourself, if not at least make friends, im sure you will find someone nice ,
I wish you the best and you will get the person you deserve its a matter of time...
Hi and welcome Alec tiphat

I also read this thread a short while ago and admire the OP's sincerity however, I feel you could predict the ending quite some way in advance! Its a well written thread and a story that many here can sympathise with!

Sadly FootballDad has come and gone on this forum, it doesn't look like he has logged on in over a year! Hopefully he found the success he was looking for!
If you get a minute check out Bruce's TR - Its not quite finished, however its still a pretty good read IMHO.

If I win the lottery I'll finish it this week if not I'll probably complete it when I retire!!! Until then I hope you enjoy the story so far!