The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: how long hair?  (Read 21009 times)

Offline mirror

how long hair?
« on: May 16, 2008, 10:13:01 PM »
Today I was going to cut my hair and it crossed my mind "how long hair do men like?" ( of course I meant female hair).
Do you like women with long or with short hair?

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
Re: how long hair?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 10:46:52 PM »
Today I was going to cut my hair and it crossed my mind "how long hair do men like?" ( of course I meant female hair).

I think you will find, all things being equal, that the overwhelming majority of men will say "long".

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline Wild Orchid

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 11:15:19 PM »

I think you will find, all things being equal, that the overwhelming majority of men will say "long".

B/B

I have a girlfriend who since she got married always cuts her hair short, her husband likes her with shot hair. Before that she always had them long.

I used to have long hair when I was younger but not any more, I just don't like it. My husband always says that if I won't let my hair grow he will grow his, he knows I dislike long men's hair especially on him. But I have to wear that hairstile and I think it is up to me. When man is talking about the way I look I don't do what man told me to this days...   :)

Offline Stirlitz

• Commercial Member
  • "Helping People Understand Each Other"
    • OdessaGuide.Net
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 01:22:14 AM »
Some women fail to understand that hair is a sizeable contribution to their beauty. Take the most beautiful woman and remove her hair. Not that she is going to look ugly but she will certainly lose much of her beauty. I remember a recent Jackie Chan movie where she turned out to wear a wig. Well without hair she did not look ugly in my view. But with hair she looked much better anyway! Now just cut her hair short — she would again be less beautiful compared to long hair. Good long hair is probably a quarter of a woman’s beauty in my view. A lot also depends on how it is arranged (I mean hairstyle) and it can change the impression a lot too.

Personally I like women with long slim legs, round hips, thin waist, good breasts, long thick hair, big eyes with long eyelashes, small mouth with plumpy lips, etc. Take away any of those, she would probably be almost as beautiful overall. But if she already lacks something of the above (usually the case with most women) it might be a bad idea to remove something else as she may suddenly look clearly less beautiful. So why? Especially as hair does not require hard work in a gym like the body or even medical assistance at a beauty clinic: all it needs is just let grow, perhaps visiting a hairdresser sometimes. I cannot grasp why some women spend time and money on clothing and cosmetics trying to look good yet cut their hair short. It is like running up and down on the stairs losing breath and sweating when there is an elevator.

Having said that, of course there may be men who like women with short hair.

But there are also so many perverts out there :) Some men like men, so what?
Igor Kalinin
Russian Translator/Interpreter/Guide/Agent for Odessa, the Crimea and the rest of Ukraine
www.odessaguide.net

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 01:30:04 AM »
As long as the small of the back suits me fine. Wifey is growing hers to cater to this taste, it has about 20cms to go.  :party0031:
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Wild Orchid

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 01:37:13 AM »
Especially as hair does not require hard work in a gym like the body or even medical assistance at a beauty clinic: all it needs is just let grow, perhaps visiting a hairdresser sometimes.

I don't agree with that. I prepared to admire long hair only if they are of a good quality. I just can't stand women with long and BAD hair. And I've met plenty of them, some silly ponytail or something else very unattractive. What for?

Offline Jooky

• Watched
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 11:24:30 AM »
I remember a recent Jackie Chan movie where she turned out to wear a wig. Well without hair she did not look ugly in my view. But with hair she looked much better anyway!

Jackie Chan?  :o

You have a strange taste in women.

'She' does look pretty hot with a wig, though.  :sick0002:

Offline DonA

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2008, 12:00:32 PM »
My wife Yulia has the most lovely LONG  blonde hair. It  goes down almost to her waist. I think i would kill her if she cut it. It really turns me on  :king:

DonAz

Offline sparky114

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2008, 12:00:55 PM »
I Vote for Long and Blonde for my preference and hopefully with a nice short skirt and long legs with high heels  :party0011:

But then i think that is an "A" typical male thing  ;D

Also it is not me that has to look after this every day! Sooooo Ladies you must make your own decision on this  ;D
Today is only one day in a life of happiness

Mark

Offline Rasputin

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2008, 12:07:01 PM »
Unless it is a natural blonde, I prefer long dark hair (brown or black).
"Seems I live in Russia Rasputin visited" - Millaa
"So do I" - Molly35ru

Offline windchimes

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2008, 05:27:27 PM »
Some women fail to understand that hair is a sizeable contribution to their beauty.
Agree! But with one problem seen below.
Personally I like women with long slim legs, round hips, thin waist, good breasts, long thick hair, big eyes with long eyelashes, small mouth with plumpy lips, etc. Having said that, of course there may be men who like women with short hair.

I am not alone!

But there are also so many perverts out there :) Some men like men, so what?

Here is the problem: There is no way I can deny that this one is exceptional! Call me a perv  ;D

http://www.ladagirl.com/1029.html

Offline Paul

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2008, 05:52:53 PM »
My fiancee has long jet black hair, just past the small of her back... it is P-E-R-F-E-C-T  :king: She can drastically change her appearance depending on how she has her hair styled, which is a bonus  ;D

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2008, 01:46:03 AM »
I like long, good quality hair. I agree with WO above that long BAD hair is equally unattractive.

The reasoning behind it is, good long hair takes time to maintain and it shows care and dedication if she has it.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Stirlitz

• Commercial Member
    • OdessaGuide.Net
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2008, 04:25:02 AM »
I don't agree with that. I prepared to admire long hair only if they are of a good quality. I just can't stand women with long and BAD hair. And I've met plenty of them, some silly ponytail or something else very unattractive. What for?
Well. If her hair is bad it is not going to improve if she cuts it short. Cutting bad hair short is like adding insult to injury. I stick to my view that a woman’s hair must be long.

I remember a recent Jackie Chan movie where she turned out to wear a wig. Well without hair she did not look ugly in my view. But with hair she looked much better anyway!
Jackie Chan?  :o

You have a strange taste in women.

'She' does look pretty hot with a wig, though.  :sick0002:
Not Jackie Chan. A Jackie Chan movie.

Jackie Chan is not 'she'. He is he. And by she I meant an actress. You haven’t seen the movie obviously.

Here is the problem: There is no way I can deny that this one is exceptional! Call me a perv  ;D

She is pretty but I am not impressed. I suspect that it could have been different had she had longer hair.
Igor Kalinin
Russian Translator/Interpreter/Guide/Agent for Odessa, the Crimea and the rest of Ukraine
www.odessaguide.net

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2008, 04:30:23 AM »

I much prefer the likes of this one:

OO===[][]===OO

Offline Ward_Cleaver

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2008, 05:05:07 AM »
I prepared to admire long hair only if they are of a good quality. I just can't stand women with long and BAD hair. And I've met plenty of them, some silly ponytail or something else very unattractive. What for?

Although I do prefer long hair, I am in agreement with Wild orchid here in that it must be taken care of.  More specifically I can not stand trashy looking frizzy hair like this:

It should be straight like this:

But I disagree with Wild orchid in regards to ponytails (and piggy tails).  I find it especially attractive when a woman with a beautiful face and a long slender neck pulls her hair back or up and reveals her beauty.  Like this:

or this:

or this:

Offline pup zemly

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2008, 05:47:58 AM »
I had to make my hair longer, because my ex likes longer hair  :sick0012:

Offline Ward_Cleaver

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2008, 06:15:32 AM »

So you do things to please your ex?  I would recommend that you not worry about him but rather you focus on your current boyfriend/husband.

:)  :P

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2008, 09:03:47 AM »
Personally I prefer this -

[Edit - some unsuitable pictures removed at request of members - Chris]
"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun" - Katharine Hepburn

Offline pup zemly

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2008, 10:29:04 AM »

So you do things to please your ex?  I would recommend that you not worry about him but rather you focus on your current boyfriend/husband.

:)  :P
I did that when I was with him

Offline Stirlitz

• Commercial Member
    • OdessaGuide.Net
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2008, 12:11:17 PM »
Personally I prefer this -
To be frank, I do not like too long hair either. Must be shorter than the waist. So my choice would be  babe#180.jpg in terms of hair.
Igor Kalinin
www.odessaguide.net

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2008, 12:52:26 PM »
But I have to wear that hairstile and I think it is up to me. When man is talking about the way I look I don't do what man told me to this days...   :)

Of course, the question in the OP was what men prefer....

;)

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline pup zemly

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2008, 01:07:53 PM »
I have seen some bald women ... I can tell you they were very beautiful

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2008, 01:12:07 PM »
I have seen some bald women ... I can tell you they were very beautiful

I have seen jessica alba bald-headed, shorthaird and long haired. I can tell you the last option is definatly the best. Even though she looks beautiful in all 3 variants.
OO===[][]===OO

Offline Stirlitz

• Commercial Member
    • OdessaGuide.Net
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2008, 02:42:34 PM »
So you say long hair is OK if it looks good? How about that?
  :cop:that image goes beyond decency. image delted. DonAz

*** Come one, just breasts. Oh the Puritans. ****
*** Oh. I got it. Yes, the image is not decent because she looks horrrrrible :) ****

She is supposed to be beautiful. It is model Kate Moss. Yet I do not think her hair looks beautiful regardless of its length.

I have seen jessica alba bald-headed, shorthaird and long haired. I can tell you the last option is definatly the best. Even though she looks beautiful in all 3 variants.
That was my point when I mentioned a movie above.
Igor Kalinin
www.odessaguide.net

Registration