The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: A thank you  (Read 1547 times)

Offline GreyScales

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1-5
A thank you
« on: May 15, 2008, 07:56:24 AM »
[This may be a tiny bit off topic, but I am posting this here because I feel it is the "proper" place.]

When we men embark upon this journey/quest, I think very few of us really understands just what it is we are doing.  I know from personal experience that this journey has already tested me a couple of times.  It has tested my patience, resolve and willingness.

When I started my journey, it was by accident (a story for a different forum, and a different time...)  My journey took me onto a paid match-making site and introduced me to the pictures and bio information of many beautiful, smart, funny and interesting women.  As a man, I was like a kid in a candy store - or so I thought at the time.

Little did I know just how much work is involved in "courting", "conversing" and getting to know a FSU lady.

If I had known then what I know now, would I have changed my mind?  ABSOLUTELY NOT!  Although I suspect I would have tried harder - I would not trade the "friendship(s)" I have made so far with both the ladies and the wonderful folks at the agencies!

As a male, it is really hard for me to give up control!  Yes guys, I just disclosed one of our dirty little secrets - we "need" to have some control over our lives and the things and events that are a part of our lives.

Take the simple act of buying your lady flowers.  Here, I can walk or drive to a florist and pick out what I want.  But the simple act of buying your FSU lady flowers for her birthday, or some other special occasion, requires us to "ask" others to handle the task for us.  To "hope" that the gift(s) you spent hours and hours worrying over arrive - undamaged.  That everything is delivered on time.

To fret over not hearing about the delivery - or waiting to hear from your lady to know whether she liked your gift(s)...

To pay someone else to "handle" a task that is something we MEN are supposed to do seems completely foreign to me.  Gifts and flowers and the other kinds of "attention" we men pay to our ladies, I think, is something that is very "personal".  Having others involved is difficult - to say the least.

In case no one has yet mentioned it...  I wanted to say THANK YOU to the men and women in all of the agencies - where ever they are today!  If it weren't for your efforts - we silly single men would never be able to meet these wonderful FSU ladies.

So...  Here is a salute to you - one and all.    THANK YOU  :bow:  :party0011:  :party0031:

GS

Registration