The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: The Canuck Corner  (Read 210962 times)

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Re: The Canuck Corner
« Reply #3795 on: October 18, 2018, 07:26:27 AM »
Curious to know thoughts about the country's legalisation of pot, Will Canadians benefit from this?

I am sure that some Canadians will benefit, eh?
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #3796 on: November 03, 2018, 09:05:04 PM »
Curious to know thoughts about the country's legalisation of pot, Will Canadians benefit from this?

Taxation is one. Driving the criminal element out of the herb business is another. Police had better things to do with our tax dollars than going after a narcotic less harmful than alcohol or tobacco.
 The new industry has he interest of big international companies looking to get into flavoured colas and beer for example. My province doefnt allow me to grow my own, but that can change. Each Canuck is allowed to carry 30g . The revenue is expected to be billions for the government.

Driving into the USA last week they had a huge road sign reminding us that weed isnt allowed in ND..

Online froid

« Reply #3797 on: November 29, 2018, 06:30:20 AM »
I had the new and interesting experience of going outside to have a puff while at a work Christmas party.  That was a novel experience and amused me to no end.  The only reason I did it was because I could even.  The American guy on my team up for the party was hilarious to watch his reaction and comments too. 

So yes...some benefit if you count my amusement.  :) 
Look, we're gonna spend half the night driving around the Hills looking for this one party and you're going to say it sucks and we're all gonna leave and then we're gonna go look for this other party. But all the parties and all the bars, they all suck. <-Same goes for forums!

Online Tom Cat

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #3798 on: January 30, 2019, 12:23:39 PM »
Does Canada have surplus of open employment to support the influx of immigrants?

Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Registration