The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Why marry a foreign man  (Read 7406 times)

Offline pup zemly

Why marry a foreign man
« on: May 06, 2007, 11:54:39 AM »
I have found a new dating site and look what they say about a marriage with foreign men.

В случае удачного знакомства с иностранцем и брака Вас ждет:

•    Любящий муж - иностранец, заботящийся о своей семье    
•    Свой дом с несколькими спальнями, по которому можно ездить на велосипеде    
•    Большая кухня в этом доме, где можно готовить хоть впятером без угрозы остаться калекой на всю жизнь

•    Собственный - не мужа - автомобиль, который Вы спокойно можете водить, не опасаясь, что что-нибудь сломается в самый неподходящий момент, или что Вы не заметите на дороге очередной открытый люк- I never notice them here

•    Больницы с квалифицированным персоналом, несущим ответственность за свои действия, все услуги которых оплачены страховкой

•    Магазины, полные разнообразных вкусных и полезных продуктов, которые не надо чистить, мыть или резать - просто засунуть в духовку, и через 15 минут можно есть, и которые Вы можете себе позволить купить сколько хотите ----- are they from the moon? I can buy anything what I want in Russia too

•    Автоматическая стиральная машина, посудомоечная машина, микроволновая печь, моющий пылесос и куча всякой другой домашней электроники, экономящей время и силы ---- idiots. we bought them long time ago

•    Возможность жарить шашлыки прямо у себя в саду возле своего собственного дома

•    Возможность отдыхать у моря каждые выходные - просто сесть в машину и поехать --- idiots

•    Вставать каждое утро, чтобы наслаждаться жизнью, а не бороться за существование. ---- I do it every minute

It seems to me that they've forgotten to mention such small things as love, mutual understanding and etc.

So guys, you are our ticket to the paradise.

It is terrible. What do you think of it?

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Why marry a foreign man
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 12:02:57 PM »
I think they have a dim view of the FSU.

Other than that , I think that love should be the only reason. Maybe I am wrong at this, but I realised long ago that if someone special enters your life you immediatly know it. Sometimes its mutual and thats when the real relationship begins.

OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 12:03:39 PM »

It seems to me that they've forgotten to mention such small things as love, mutual understanding and etc.

So guys, you are our ticket to the paradise.

I don't think they are too worried about such insignificant things as love, respect etc Julie  ::)  :) seems like washing machines and ready prepared meals etc are much more important  ;)
Слава Україні

Offline pup zemly

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 12:07:55 PM »
I agree.
Material things can't bring happiness. The more you have, the more you want.
I had to deal with a lot of women, looking for foreign men. I must tell you 60% of them had alike point of view. That's sad

Offline Chris

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 12:10:21 PM »
I agree.
I had to deal with a lot of women, looking for foreign men. I must tell you 60% of them had alike point of view. That's sad

Yes Julie you are correct and it is sad when some put material things above everything else.
Слава Україні

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2007, 12:15:17 PM »
It is also the reason why I tell some girls "not interested" after a few emails. They know what I can provide and do not like me for myself.

Sad though, because a true love is the trip of a lifetime, my own parents prove it everyday after 35+ years of marriage they are still as much in love as day 1.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2007, 01:10:44 PM »
Tell us which site it is and translate it while you are there for our collective enjoyment, as you are a translator Julie?

Quote from: Julie

Did anyone tell Abramovich, Khordorvsky and Beresovsky this I wonder?  :D

Dudley Moore [as Arthur] I recall said "money is not important, but it sure takes the sting out of being poor"

Why marry a foreign man? Because we are wonderful!
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline pup zemly

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2007, 02:22:08 PM »
Tell us which site it is and translate it while you are there for our collective enjoyment, as you are a translator Julie?

the site is http://www.russianfeme.com/index.html?l=r
I am lazy to translate and you won't pay me for that. so translate yourself.

I believe all people are the same. Country is not important. You may make good money in Russia, and you may live in a TV box in the UK.
and at least Russian men don't send their nude pics in letters. he-he

So the most important is not where you are from but who you are

Offline Manny

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2007, 02:38:01 PM »
Quote from: Julie
I am lazy to translate and you won't pay me for that. so translate yourself.

In the case of a successful relationship and marriage to a foreigner, this is what awaits you:

•    A Loving husband - a foreigner caring for the family   
•    A house with several bedrooms in which it is possible to go by bicycle   
•    A large kitchen in this house where it is possible to prepare for five together without threat to remain a cripple all of your life  ???

•    Your own, not the husbands - a car which you can easily drive, not being afraid, that something will break during the most improper moment.

•    Hospitals with qualified personnel whom bear responsibility for their actions, and their services are paid for by insurance

•    Shops full of various tasty and useful products which should not be cleaned, washed or cut - you only need to put them in the oven, and in 15 minutes it is possible to eat. I can buy anything what I want in Russia too, are they from the moon?

•    An Automatic washing machine, a dishwasher, a microwave, a washing vacuum cleaner and a heap of any other house electronics saving time and energy - ---idiots. we bought them long time ago

•    The opportunity to cook shish kebabs in the garden of your own house

•    The Opportunity to have a rest by the sea each day off - simply get in the car and go ---idiots

•    To rise every morning to enjoy life, instead of struggling for existence. - ---I do it every minute

All of 2 minutes Julie!  ;D
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Offline Chris

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2007, 02:47:46 PM »
and don't forget
Thus, reject all doubts and fears - be recorded , and in the very near future in you foreign worshippers and many foreign acquaintances will appear, (as if by magic) and you realize, which to marry foreigner is actually actual!
;D
Слава Україні

Offline Manny

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2007, 04:30:06 PM »
I have always tried to be actually actual myself!  ;D

I/O

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2007, 05:52:10 PM »
I dunno, but it doesn't look all that bad to me.  Bit cynical maybe and I would probably need to read a lot more from the same author to really see what's behind it, but prima facie I think the author has something of a sense of humour and a fair touch of reality.

Yes of course we all seek or sought that "Special Love" with all the niceties that go with it, but if any of you guys think that a possible step up in lifestyle is not a factor, I suggest you would be deluding yourself.

I can't see much wrong with a bit of half arsed cynicism in this whole pursuit and I tend to think that is the case with the extract posted here. :-\ :-\

I/O

Offline Wild Orchid

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2007, 06:15:04 PM »
When I've read the name of your thread I answered instantly. Because he loves me, he cares about me and makes me happy..

And then there is all this stuff about be able to ride a bike inside of the house. No, can't do that.  I don't like barbeque at all. We can't swim in the sea (crocodiles). Does it mean that i made a wrong choice? No, because it is not important to me. What matters that I have a decent man as my husband.

I/O

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2007, 02:58:14 AM »
We can't swim in the sea (crocodiles).

Yeah those crocs can be a bummer but they do serve a purpose, that is to keep the tourist numbers down to a sustainable level.  ;D

I/O

Offline pup zemly

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2007, 03:27:07 AM »
Why would I marry a foreign man:
1. Not to work
2. Have a big house
3. Live far from my beloved Russia
4. Be able to give good education to my kids
5. Leave an old husband, after receiving a GC, and find a young one.
6. Go by bicycle in the house
7. Sleep till afternoon, then go to beach, eat and go to sleep
8. Use all husband's money for shopping

Are my variants better?

They wrote the reason, mentioned above, only for Russians. Because most of women are looking for foreign men only because of a counry and money. They can't say that foreign men are better than Russians.
If I were the onwer of that agency, I'd bear in mind those reasons, but I'd write others - to flatter males and females.
 ;D

so Mr.Wallets guys, no need to know the truth ... the less you know the better you sleep  ;D

I/O

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2007, 03:54:38 AM »
As my fiance' says.........
the less you know the better you sleep  ;D
so speaks in Russia. ;D

I/O

Offline ForgeMaster

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2007, 04:07:30 AM »

Ah, but let us not forget one of the most notable of the traits of us western men:  our great humility!   :-*

ForgeMaster
ForgeMaster
FirstMember

Offline Wild Orchid

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2007, 04:28:25 AM »
7. Sleep till afternoon, then go to beach, eat and go to sleep
You will need a crane to get on your bicycle

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2007, 04:39:16 AM »
If you are rich enough you can have two full time nurses to lift you from your wheel chair onto your bike and you don't need to do a thing.

The again if you are Hugh Heffner you can have 8 scantily clothed playboy bunnys help you on your bike.

Offline DonA

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2007, 11:32:43 PM »
In a letter to Yulia  during our correspondence stage I asked her why she was looking for an American man.

Her reply;

I am not looking for an American man!! I am looking to meet a man to love! I would prefer if he would be Russian man, but if not a Russian man then I would prefer to fall in love with a European man so I can be closer to my family. If I fall in love with foreign man , wherever he may live, then of course I will move to his country so we can be a family.

:o *gulp* *blink*  *gulp* *blink* :o that knocked me back on my heels for sure  :o

Why look for a foreign man, well the only answer I can come up with from what I’ve heard from my wife….just another option..thats all

DonAz

Offline sydneyvontrapp

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2007, 11:46:25 PM »
Hello Don :
    Just goes to show us ALL again ; what a LUCKY guy you are.  I'm happy to hear your stories.  Makes me think someday I'll have advice and stories to share with other people as well.

....Dave M.

Offline pup zemly

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2007, 03:13:52 AM »
When foreign men asked my clients why they searched for foreign men, we wrote "I am looking for a person, not a country. You never know where you can meet your love". It was a general phrase for all men  :-X don't say anybody  ;D

Offline Chris

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2007, 04:13:07 AM »
When foreign men asked my clients why they searched for foreign men, we wrote "I am looking for a person, not a country. You never know where you can meet your love". It was a general phrase for all men  :-X don't say anybody  ;D

Good answer ;)
Слава Україні

Offline Gorky Guy

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2007, 07:15:15 AM »
Quote from: julie
What's so terrible about it, Yulinochka?

The women get what they want and the men get what they paid for. It's called prostitution and is the oldest game in town.
Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence : Oscar Wilde -- 

Offline pup zemly

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2007, 11:15:19 AM »
Quote from: julie
What's so terrible about it, Yulinochka?

The women get what they want and the men get what they paid for. It's called prostitution and is the oldest game in town.
I hope you are not a soutineur. I know why they marry you. why say it on public? he-he

Registration