The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Some Questions  (Read 9903 times)

Offline Turboguy

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Some Questions
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2008, 06:22:38 PM »
i have another custom query.

q)is it a Russian custom for a girls not to live with boyfriend until they are married or is this just personal preference?

q)do males first bring over their Russian girlfriend and let her stay in another place until you are both comfortable with each other?

q)can i connect to a database in asp.net the same way as an vb.net app? sorry wrong forum

My answers to your questions.

1.  No, it is not a custom at all.   It is just personal preference based on no real feelings for the guy.

2.  No, never with the exception of a virgin (I forget what that is) or deep religious convictions against premarital sex.   Most guys won't go beyond a second meeting with a woman if she would not be comfortable living together.    Most all would feel that they would not bring a woman to their country who needed time to adapt to living together.   In my case we stayed together starting with our second meeting, well maybe a little sooner.

3.  Not my field of expertise but since they both use a SQL database I assume you would connect the same way.  Personally I would worry about finding a woman you connect with the same way you should. 

Offline andrew99

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2008, 08:36:09 PM »
Jagguy, I don't know why, but when I read a lot of your posts, I get the feeling that you are under the impression that any woman you bring to Australia is going to be very independent. Do you understand the responsibilities you will be taking on? You seem like the type of guy who would not want to be burdened with those responsibilities.

dayD I asked a question and you have been sidetracked back to me again. I get the feeling you are not focused on what people are asking.

Jagguy, my reading comprehension is sufficient, I only wish my ability to articulate what I want to say was. Sometimes there are bigger issues at play than what someone has written in one post.

Your comprehension needs some work because I asked for peoples opinions on a  topic and not personal advice.
If I wanted personal advice I would simply PM you which I didnt!

Offline andrew99

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2008, 08:38:17 PM »
 :) :) :) :)

Offline andrew99

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2008, 08:43:26 PM »
nd ask and reply to them, we will be able to be of much more assistance.

uh uh uh I didnt want personal advice but i am seeing other people opinions. I have already made up my mind before i posted. "didnt I say this before!!!"

I didnt ask for assistance ? where did you read this as I asked for opinions .

We come back to a comprehension problem again. Sorry to be annoying but i am clear about what I am writing and what responses I want or else i wouldnt bother asking.

Offline andrew99

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2008, 08:50:44 PM »
i have another custom query.

q)is it a russian custom for a girls not to live with boyfriend until they are married or is this just personal preference?

q)do males first bring over their russian girlfriend and let her stay in another place until you are both comfortable with each other?

q)can i connect to a database in asp.net the same way as an vb.net app? sorry wrong forum

I am after peoples opinions on what they do(not personal advice). I have my own opnion and already have said as much.

Offline ECR844

• Searching for the word I will become
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2008, 08:59:11 PM »
"jagguy,"

Thanks for clarifying 4x in the last four posts that your looking for opinions. That was a definitive element missing from your original query in your first post. You do have some gall though by yet again belittling the very people who took their time and tried to answer you. That was more than a little uncouth.

Offline Paul

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2008, 09:11:40 PM »
Jagguy, please believe me, I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass  ;D A Russian woman is going to lose her patience with you in less time than it takes lightning to hit the ground. That is a fact, not my opinion or advice. Have a good day.

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2008, 09:53:14 PM »
Jagguy, to be totally honest with the questions you asked for opinions on I think people answered you with a lot more politeness and courtesy that I would have expected.

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2008, 09:58:02 PM »
jagguy,

I should not have had to ask you if your quasi-girlfriend told you that ridiculous BS about Russian customs. You cannot expect us to develop an informed opinion if we have to torture you to get the right information. Intelligence obtained by torture tends to be unreliable, you know?

Offline Paul

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2008, 10:08:22 PM »
Jagguy, here is my sincerest best advice/opinion I can give you (I hope Manny doesn't get pissed at me for doing this  :) ). Join forum.antidate.org , from the main page scroll down just a little and click on Crocodile tears (it's the English section of the site for western men), scroll down a little more, and click on Ask the Woman, then ask your questions there.

There are a couple of "bitter" women on the site, and there are also a lot of very nice Russian women there who will try to answer your questions. If you get too upset by their reactions to you, then you might want to reconsider looking to the FSU.

Offline Bobalouie

• Names Ash....Housewares
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2008, 10:42:03 PM »
Jagguy, please believe me, I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass  ;D A Russian woman is going to lose her patience with you in less time than it takes lightning to hit the ground. That is a fact, not my opinion or advice. Have a good day.

You can say that again   :bow:
Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun!

Offline Manny

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2008, 12:43:51 AM »
Jagguy, here is my sincerest best advice/opinion I can give you (I hope Manny doesn't get pissed at me for doing this  :) ). Join forum.antidate.org , from the main page scroll down just a little and click on Crocodile tears (it's the English section of the site for western men), scroll down a little more, and click on Ask the Woman, then ask your questions there.

Dunno about him bumping a great white, sending him over there is like feeding him to the sharks.  ;D
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline andrew99

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2008, 01:42:12 AM »
daydreamer you said it again 'Jagguy, here is my sincerest best advice'. how many times did i say read what I said. are you going to listen ?
no offence but  :'( 

i wasnt after advice on my situation .
saying my questions have been answered is not comprehending what was asked.

i was after how people handle a hypothetical situation to see how people respond. There is no right or wrong answers.

Where i come from guys sit around and they have a bit of banter which was my original intention.

My mistake was that i didnt spell this out at the start. So the thread has got confused.

I  already know how I would handle such a question BEFORE I posted but others might be different.

In future I should be clearer about what is being asked.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2008, 05:31:06 AM »
daydreamer you said it again 'Jagguy, here is my sincerest best advice'. how many times did i say read what I said. are you going to listen ?
no offence but  :'( 

i wasnt after advice on my situation .

Sometimes people will offer advice where you asked none. Take this advice to heart as its usually the best you can get. Most people are wary of giving advice since its easy to get burned doing that.

Also, some forms of humor do not translate well to message boards. Use smiley's extensively to make clear what is humor and what is not. Social banter, sarcasm and irony are almost impossible to recognize even WITH smiley's. Avoid this humor unless you are a professional comedian who knows how this works.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2008, 08:10:18 AM »
Jagguy, I can relate to what you are saying.    I found myself in a similar situation at times.   As many know I am in a marriage with a well above average age gap.   On another forum I would sometimes ask questions to try to learn what issues I would be dealing with and what issues others had encountered.   I was looking for suggestions like making sure I had a good will, making sure we had fully discussed issues involving the fact she would likely outlive me, health issues, etc.   I was not looking for advice about if I should or should not be in the relationship and tried to be clear about that but 90% of the answers were that.  Before I move on let me add that I don't want to turn this into another age gap thread so if someone needs to comment on that part take it to the age gap thread.

I for one am glad to hear you were not looking for advice about those questions because if you thought that was normal I would really worry about you and suggest you find another venue to persue a bride.   I think I answered my thoughts on what you did ask already so I won't repeat them.   Thanks for the clarification.

Offline Rasputin

« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2008, 08:46:35 AM »
I  already know how I would handle such a question BEFORE I posted but others might be different.

In future I should be clearer about what is being asked.

Yes, you should. If you know how you would handle something, you should say it. Here is an example of how you could phrase it: "I know a case where a woman said that it was typical Russian custom for [fill in the blank]. I believe that the woman was full of [fill in the blank]. I am curious to know what the rest of you think." Communicating of an internet forum is hard enough given the limitations of the medium, you shouldn't expect us to read your mind through cyberspace as well.
"Seems I live in Russia Rasputin visited" - Millaa
"So do I" - Molly35ru

Offline vox11

« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2008, 03:13:58 PM »
I wouldnt get a girl over to my country unless she was going to live with me and be  a wife/girlfriend.
all wrong. You  are not going to <...> unless she does not event try to manipulate you from the very beginning in such an obvious way ( or at least do in in the way you can't detect it )

Offline andrew99

« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2008, 10:12:06 PM »
thanks for the replies

i was after a bit of banter on issues I have dealt with.
When i want advice I will be clear about it :) and when i do not then i will be clear or else I will feel like  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline ECR844

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2008, 10:21:49 PM »
What???

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2008, 03:02:45 AM »
thanks for the replies

When i want advice I will be clear about it :) and when i do not then i will be clear or else I will feel like  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Great, but can you be a little clearer please  :chuckle:
Слава Україні

Offline sparky114

« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2008, 03:42:55 AM »
thanks for the replies

Aha I see. it is all so clear now!! ::) and to me it be called as CLEAR as mud :chuckle:
Today is only one day in a life of happiness

Mark

Offline andrew99

« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2008, 03:02:51 AM »
thanks for the replies

was that advice or an opinion? maybe that was an opinion about advice or advice about an opinion. :fighting0025:

this post was some advice for you and not an opinion. i think i have confsued myself and that is an opinion.

Offline ECR844

« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2008, 05:44:37 AM »
Wow, now this thread has truly degenerated into the realm of the ridiculous.

Offline TomT

« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2008, 09:38:03 AM »
jagguy,

Are you an English teacher or am I confusing you with someone else?

Offline andrew99

« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2008, 02:13:06 AM »
no i am not an english teacher. you can relax at night knowing people like me dont infect the youth of today.

there are already infected :)