The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Canadian Immigration and Citzenship, CIC for short.  (Read 41488 times)

Online NS1

• Trips: 5-10
Re: Canadian Immigration and Citzenship, CIC for short.
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2013, 10:10:39 AM »
At this point it is a rotating strike ( walk outs)  and the wait times of increased not halted ( as of yet)
Visitor visa now 21 days and for permanent it has increased as much as 4 months on wait times.
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2013, 09:48:52 PM »
At this point it is a rotating strike ( walk outs)  and the wait times of increased not halted ( as of yet)
Visitor visa now 21 days and for permanent it has increased as much as 4 months on wait times.

My MIL's visa has yet to be touched, she sent it in early June. they said it were not going to be processing it anytime soon. That's word from Moscow.

Online NS1

« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2013, 06:20:50 AM »
Don could be, not sure about Moscow. From what I checked, they are still processing in Ukraine.
But much slower. I guess I am about to learn much more in coming days.

Not sure if anyone has done recent Documents from Ukraine to Canada.
but any new info would be helpful?
Thanks in advance.

Online NS1

« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2013, 04:13:26 PM »
Don it appears to have now hit Kiev also.
Canadian embassy is closed. no one knows for how long. :(

Online d672

• Supporting Member
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2013, 05:53:23 PM »

Iryna somehow lost her Permanent Resident card somewhere. I just spent the day going through the CIC website filling out the forms to apply to get a replacement one.... what a pain!!!   :'(

The estimated time for her to get the replacement one is 106 days, but with this strike who knows how long it can take.  :(
 All you guys with Canadian wives with PR cards... tell them to treat them like passports and take good care of them. Trust me, you don't want to go through even more paperwork after finally getting through with all the immigration!

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2013, 09:20:33 AM »
I split off Trev's marriage into a fresh topic: http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=19610.0
please tell me where I'm being / have been 'dishonest'? 
Yes, he said that.........

Offline cdnexpat

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2015, 08:18:35 AM »
As an update, we have done a TR tourist visa request online this year, and the turn around time was about 10 days for a rejection, and another 10 days for a subsequent approval.
They have really improved with the online system.