The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Any unwanted childrens books sitting in your basement?  (Read 2779 times)

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Any unwanted childrens books sitting in your basement?
« on: February 24, 2008, 11:54:40 AM »
This is off-topic for us I know, but as a lot of folks read here it may be of some use.

I am acquainted with a lady who lives in a little place called Tinian. She does a charity type thing over there, I shall quote from her site:

TINIAN PROJECTS

Giving DOES good & FEELS good!
So many of my fellow islanders on Tinian are in such great need... please send whatever books [especially children's, dictionaries, and reference books] and/or clothes/toys/games/anything you don't need/can't use to:

Maia's Helping-Hands Books & Donation Center
P.O. Box 474
Tinian, MP 96952
USA/CNMI

http://www.saysmom.com/maia/services.asp

This lady has helped me out with something recently and asked for no money in return. So after I read her site I said we would shoot her some kids books over which we are doing next week. Additionally I said I would drop the info on here in case any of you folks have any redundant stuff you can throw in a Jiffy bag and send out there.

Manny's good deed for the day.  ;D
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.