The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: More Belarus photos  (Read 5256 times)

Offline lindochka

• это что такое?
More Belarus photos
« on: February 23, 2008, 11:06:55 AM »
Aerial photos of the area where my grandfather was born and where I will shortly be living:

http://englishrussia.com/?p=1207#more-1207

(No, I didn't take them!)
Life is so short we must move very slowly.

Offline Rasputin

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
Re: More Belarus photos
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 11:11:32 AM »
I really hope you will continue posting once you are in Belarus. It will make for a fascinating read.
"Seems I live in Russia Rasputin visited" - Millaa
"So do I" - Molly35ru

Offline lindochka

• это что такое?
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 11:26:20 AM »
Yes, Girl from Big City on the US East Coast adapts to Life in a Small Country Town in Belarus -- there's probably a novel in there. (Or maybe a PhD dissertation, dunno!)

I don't know how soon I'll have internet -- DM bought a line splitter because he heard from someone that I'd need one, but the rest of the arrangements will be up to me to make after I arrive and settle in. And since we haven't seen each other in six months, arranging for internet service will not be my first priority...
Life is so short we must move very slowly.

Offline mendeleyev

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 03:33:37 PM »
Thanks for sharing the photos, Lindochka.  Please allow me to echo Rasputin's sentiments that we hope you continue to post from Belarus!

Registration