The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Moscow hotels  (Read 2477 times)

Online Guile

Moscow hotels
« on: January 05, 2020, 04:06:24 AM »
Who's been to some good Moscow hotels?  I've stayed at some American chains like Marriott, Sheraton, and UK brands like InterContinental.  Anyone go baller and stay at the Ritz on Tverskaya or St Regis?  I've been to their restaurants but even they are super pricey. 

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Moscow hotels
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 04:57:38 PM »
I've stayed in the Hotel Ukraina. I enjoyed it, the reviews are accurate.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline yankee

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2020, 05:38:27 PM »

It has been awhile but We stayed at the Hotel Ukraina also.  we liked it too.
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2020, 12:43:01 AM »
The better Moscow hitels?

Do you mean the one's with silly prices that someone else is paying for or decent family run ones that offer a clean bed, friendly service and you go back again and again...?

The best restaurants in most cities are NOT to be found  in hotels..ANYONE who has a clue about Hotel Management and catering for large numbers knows this..

A tip for those paying with their own money when travelling.

Add gopher into your browser and pay less than booking.com et al come up with, less their commission.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/gopher-automatic-better-h/kdojjbmaidnebdjancpcgajkgeboebpe?hl=en

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2020, 10:25:00 AM »
I have stayed at lots of hotels in Moscow last one was Radisson blue and we had to wait several hours after our check in time before  they cleaned the bloody room out..and a total waste of money as with so many well over priced hotels in Moscow..

How ever much money I had  there is no better place than http://www.izmailovo.ru/en/

You simply cannot beat the price and standard of the rooms , actually the room price is pretty close to nothing.. stayed there on nearly every trip to Moscow for the last 15 years and will continue to do so.. just a few stops from the centre.. If I treble my income over the next few years I will still continue to stay there ..
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Olga_Mouse

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2020, 12:12:15 PM »
I have stayed at lots of hotels in Moscow last one was Radisson blue and we had to wait several hours after our check in time before they cleaned the bloody room out... and a total waste of money as with so many well over priced hotels in Moscow..
Hm... Was it Radisson Belorusskaya, or Radisson Slavyanskaya? I've stayed quite often in Radisson Belorusskaya, and always enjoyed their service (but hey, I am usually bringing the groups in - and thus getting an upgrade from standard to business room...)

How ever much money I had  there is no better place than http://www.izmailovo.ru/en/

REALLY?  :o   Muscovites living in that part of the city rarely describe the Izmailovo hotel complex as something different but клоака  :biggrin:  But that's maybe because we do still remember everything what happened in these hotels, in their restaurants and around in the bloody 90s...

Once again, wondering how experiences differ.

You simply cannot beat the price and standard of the rooms, actually the room price is pretty close to nothing..

IIRC, the prices in Izmailovo and Radisson Blu Belorusskaya are quite similar... 4.000 - 5.000 RUR for a single room with breakfast. BUT in Radisson the chances of experiencing the standard european service are much much higher, IMO  :nod:

Leaving Russia is not an emigration, rather an evacuation.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2020, 12:33:18 PM »
I have stayed at lots of hotels in Moscow last one was Radisson blue and we had to wait several hours after our check in time before they cleaned the bloody room out... and a total waste of money as with so many well over priced hotels in Moscow..
Hm... Was it Radisson Belorusskaya, or Radisson Slavyanskaya? I've stayed quite often in Radisson Belorusskaya, and always enjoyed their service (but hey, I am usually bringing the groups in - and thus getting an upgrade from standard to business room...)

REALLY?  :o   Muscovites living in that part of the city rarely describe the Izmailovo hotel complex as something different but клоака  :biggrin:  But that's maybe because we do still remember everything what happened in these hotels, in their restaurants and around in the bloody 90s...

Once again, wondering how experiences differ.

You simply cannot beat the price and standard of the rooms, actually the room price is pretty close to nothing..

IIRC, the prices in Izmailovo and Radisson Blu Belorusskaya are quite similar... 4.000 - 5.000 RUR for a single room with breakfast. BUT in Radisson the chances of experiencing the standard european service are much much higher, IMO  :nod:

Im not really a hotel connoisseur and have no need to say I stayed at the best hotel..bla ra bla  Of course I wouldn't really want to stay in some shit hole I have done in my time.. But the end of the day a good bed and room is enough.. im not spending my time in that room other than to sleep in.. for what possible reason would I want to pay a stupid price for a room..

http://www.izmailovo.ru/en/ Hotels I think offer the best price and service and you cannot go wrong if your on a medium budget .. We were in Moscow about 5 weeks ago and stayed there just cost about 3000 roubles a night.. cheap really and the room was recently furnished, we had a new bathroom , shower all very nice..the money we saved using this hotel chain made it a little easier to eat for the evening in two of Moscows best restaurants  :thumbsup:

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Twinky

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2020, 02:29:50 PM »
I was at Izmailovo last year :) Not the best hotel, but quite nice.

ila_rendered

ila_rendered

ila_rendered

ila_rendered

Offline Danchik

• Russia Guru
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2020, 03:10:35 AM »
Izamailova is ok. Nice park in the area, plenty of shops, but about a 15-20 minute metro/taxi ride to the center.

It's not where i would recommend any of my friends to stay as I'd hook them up with a much nicer flat/apartment closer to the center for the same price.

каждому свое
When it is dark enough, men see the stars.

Offline Twinky

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2020, 12:32:06 PM »
I was not need apartment closer to center I was need apartment closer to conference hall where was meeting and exhibition needed for my work for couple of days.
It's not where i would recommend any of my friends to stay as I'd hook them up with a much nicer flat/apartment closer to the center for the same price.
каждому свое
But if you have sufficient money you can live exactly at Kremlin :laugh: :) And have much more nice time. :) :coffeeread:  I haven't much money and much time to spend it at Moscow. :knit:

Offline Danchik

• Russia Guru
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2020, 12:22:50 AM »
I was not need apartment closer to center I was need apartment closer to conference hall where was meeting and exhibition needed for my work for couple of days.
Hi Twinky, ok you didn't need an apartment closer. I'm not sure why that matters. It's certainly understandable why you stayed there on business to be close to the conference hall.

чем ты занимаешься?

However, if you're a visitor/tourist to Moscow not on business, where would you want to be? By Izmailovoskaya/Partizanskya or around the center e.g., Pushkinskya, Arbatskaya, Tverskaya or any where inside the садовое кольцо (Garden Ring)? And for the same price.

My friends and family would much prefer somewhere around the center.

каждому свое
But if you have sufficient money you can live exactly at Kremlin :laugh: :) And have much more nice time. :) :coffeeread:  I haven't much money and much time to spend it at Moscow. :knit:
тебе не нравится москва?

So, I can live inside the Kremlin? Not sure I'd want to do that. ;D 

Online Guile

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2020, 02:47:15 AM »
the Ritz Carlton on Tverskaya across the Red Square or St Regis by GUM are both niceeeee...

You can find a good Marriott or Sheraton in the city centre for $100-150 depending on the season.  Or any global chains.

Offline Danchik

• Russia Guru
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2020, 06:15:03 AM »
The Ritz has promos every few months, even before the corona crisis. It's not unusual to get a standard room (around $500) for half the price or less.

Nice place for sure and you can't beat the location. Still, unless it's a special occasion or you just want to treat your lady, I'll take an apartment any day.

Here, I did a quick search on a popular site called cian.ru to give anyone interested an idea of what's available in the 2-4000 rouble range.

https://www.cian.ru/cat.php?currency=2&deal_type=rent&engine_version=2&maxprice=4000&minprice=2000&offer_type=flat&region=1&room1=1&room2=1&type=2

Offline Twinky

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2020, 03:21:39 AM »
I was at artist master class. Made foto only something interesting and remarkable - paintings and old wood carving furniture :) I was only two days for masterclass but regret it was too small. Its better to come for week or so and walking at museums and interesting places. There are a lot of at Moscow. Havent time for more.

Offline AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2020, 01:17:12 PM »
I was at artist master class. Made foto only something interesting and remarkable - paintings and old wood carving furniture :) I was only two days for masterclass but regret it was too small. Its better to come for week or so and walking at museums and interesting places. There are a lot of at Moscow. Havent time for more.

Hi Twinky,

The last image that you posted, two canvases on the floor, is interesting. Can you tell us more background about the work?
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Twinky

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2020, 01:35:28 PM »
Unfortunately not. Its was at class there are lot of paintings stay near and around the room and I took picture of something interesting. But I dont know who the painter and how is the work done. Just interesting painting for inspiration.  :)

Offline martincop

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2020, 07:44:05 PM »

I've stayed that the same hotel. Nothing super fancy but decent enough.