The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Nyet Eternal virtual dating  (Read 945 times)

Offline martincop

• Trips: 1-5
Nyet Eternal virtual dating
« on: December 10, 2019, 11:46:46 AM »
So how impatient are most of these women? Is 6 months to wait for a visit too long? 3 months? Gotta do my fishing trips, sick days, 3 day weekend trips, hard to cobble 12-14 days together.  Doesn't mean I'm not serious or interested its just how life and work is.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Re: Nyet Eternal virtual dating
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 11:50:29 AM »
If fishing is more important than finding a wife then you probably have some sort of insight into timelines. You're possibly not short of time, just having a problem with priorities.

I love fish, couldn't marry one, love to eat 'em.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline patagonie

• Real life is meeting and kissing
  • Spouses Country: ukraine
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 12:28:53 PM »
So how impatient are most of these women? Is 6 months to wait for a visit too long? 3 months? Gotta do my fishing trips, sick days, 3 day weekend trips, hard to cobble 12-14 days together.  Doesn't mean I'm not serious or interested its just how life and work is.

It is very likely that i would have visited her before you step in a plane.
Depending of where she lives and how she looks i could do it.
May you give me her contact bio?

:king: Joking

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2019, 01:37:40 PM »
I wrote my [now] wife in the May, I was on a plane in late June IIRC.

Quote from: Martincop
Is 6 months to wait for a visit too long? 3 months?

Yes. Write women when you are ready to travel.

By the time 6 months has passed and you are still thinking about fishing, some bloke from Italy or France will have been on a plane four months ago and he'll be enjoying her modelling the new lingerie he took her on his third visit by now.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2019, 03:34:32 PM »

I do not think today many women would ever wait six months for some foreign guy to turn up.. maybe but I doubt it.. and remember she certainly isn't going to be sat in every week waiting for the announcement when you will arrive, she is more likely to be out having fun and sex with other guys, that doesn't mean she will not be serious about meeting you!
Its just life especially if she is a youngish women.. unless she is a right square..

So if your chatting to some bird for 6 months planning to meet and some weekend night you cannot get hold of here she will probably be on her back or on all fours in another guys bed..thats life..

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline MBS01

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2019, 05:31:01 PM »
Have to agree with other posters here too.

1 - 3 months seems reasonable 6 months will appear like you are fishing in the wrong pond and not for a wife!  When I wrote and later met my wife was about 1 month even including getting a Visa to Ukraine back many years ago.

Just saying if the point is fishing go fish if it is meeting a soulmate just get on the plane.  Later you can fish and eat what you catch together.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2019, 05:45:32 PM »
I wrote for 3 months but after about 1 month I was already planning the first visit. Do not keep women waiting, cause they will treat you like a 'penpal' until you show up. (zero commitment).
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline martincop

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2019, 09:28:31 AM »
accepting collective wisdom of this forum  :bow:

just trying to find the fine line between rushing in and waiting too long to be sure...

Offline yankee

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2019, 11:34:21 AM »
My wife and I met on-line in January 2008, we did not meet until late July in Rome.  We have been married almost 12 years.
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2019, 12:08:12 PM »
My wife and I met on-line in January 2008, we did not meet until late July in Rome.  We have been married almost 12 years.

That was nearly 12 years ago women were more into waiting around those days.. a very different story today in fact unless the women is really really serious she will be unlikely to even wait 2 months .. but there are all sorts of women.. for sure your going to get the hard liners who will or want to marry a foreigner at any cost .. but there are very few of those women about.. today.

Most women today who maybe interested in marrying a foreigner will usually just see some add or link in Yandex or Google and think "Aaahh whats this" They will take a look and think something like "Looks interesting lets have a go" And that is usually all it is a a "Go" in fact I already noticed many women now sigh up searching for a foreign guy and at the end of the day cannot even be assed to keep any conversation going let alone plan a meeting for 6 months time!!

Young women today have busy social lives just like women from all over the world if you want a chance today your going to need a bit of a "get up and go " attitude and also some skill at having a meaningful conversation and not some boring drabble ..

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online Guile

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2019, 01:45:23 AM »
Depends on how old you are.  If you are 25-35 forget about it.  They'll move on in a few days lol

Registration