The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Anyone want to go to Ukraine over Thanksgiving or Christmas?  (Read 8494 times)

Offline justadude

• Trips: 10-20
I haven't learned my lesson from my past failures so I'm thinking about returning to Ukraine either around Thanksgiving or Christmas. I have destination cities in mind but am also open to ideas. Are there any dudes who would be interested in going? If so, send me a private message and we will se if we can coordinate.
two 90 day fiance visas, one 73 day fiance. Lived in Lvov and Odessa for 2 years. California native now on the Oregon Coast

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
Re: Anyone want to go to Ukraine over Thanksgiving or Christmas?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2019, 05:52:51 PM »
I haven't learned my lesson from my past failures so I'm thinking about returning to Ukraine either around Thanksgiving or Christmas. I have destination cities in mind but am also open to ideas. Are there any dudes who would be interested in going? If so, send me a private message and we will se if we can coordinate.

So you’re going to go back and make more false promises to yet another good woman?

Go to Mexico again. Or go to Georgia and meetup with Moby.

Offline Halo

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2019, 06:14:01 PM »
You've done two K-1's, haven't you?  If so, you are ineligible to do another without a waiver.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline BillyB

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2019, 10:54:50 PM »
Are there any dudes who would be interested in going? If so, send me a private message and we will se if we can coordinate.

If you want to hang out with dudes, you may consider one of those tour packages. Personally, I wouldn't want a dude around when chasing girls.

If true you did two k-1s, you need a waiver or you need to marry in the woman's country and do a spousal visa.
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2019, 06:37:22 AM »
Are there any dudes who would be interested in going? If so, send me a private message and we will se if we can coordinate.

If you want to hang out with dudes, you may consider one of those tour packages. Personally, I wouldn't want a dude around when chasing girls.

If true you did two k-1s, you need a waiver or you need to marry in the woman's country and do a spousal visa.

Some guys need a wingman.

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2019, 07:28:53 AM »

But why?
Слава Україні

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2019, 03:33:32 PM »
Just a dude, We have met in Kiev together with another member who has traveled this route.

Sorry but time for some reality; until you address both your self loathing and fear of failure, you are going to fail. It is not the woman but you that needs rescuing. You can easily find a fixererupper in the States. No need for airplanes or any other agony. You have done one K1 and left a Ukrainian woman by your own admission in taters. I admire your honesty but seek some therapy before you attempt this again.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline justadude

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2019, 04:16:00 PM »
You can easily find a fixererupper in the States
Arie once again you have overestimated me. In the last 6 months I've had 12 first dates, 2 second dates, been ghosted by more than I can remember and came home to an empty house (all right, the dogs are happy to see me) pretty much every night.

And you're right about needing therapy. I am working on that.
two 90 day fiance visas, one 73 day fiance. Lived in Lvov and Odessa for 2 years. California native now on the Oregon Coast

Offline 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
Anyone want to go to Ukraine over Thanksgiving or Christmas?
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2019, 09:42:07 AM »

If you are going to therapy then I am very happy to hear
that. I'm sure they have suggested things for you to work on.

As for travel to Ukraine, I would advise staying away from
the MOB industry spots like Odessa, Nikolayev or Kiev. This
forum has all the information on how to do a tour yourself.

I am a do it myself type guy and this is mostly a do it yourself
type forum. If somebody really wanted to try a tour, I would
advise talking to Mark Davis at Dream connections.
http://www.dreamconnections.com/about-us

I don't know enough about you or your situation to give you
specific advice, so I will give some general advice that any
of the newbies or lurkers could use as well.

I would suggest that you make a whole list of stuff to work on.

You'll be more confident if you are in excellent shape
so get a gym membership. You'll be more confident if
you work on your Russian.

I jotted down a few things to talk about when you are
with a woman in another thread. Now make a list yourself
with your own goals in mind.

Now think about the times that FSUW asked you questions.
Write down as many as you can remember and then think of
always truthful but the best ways to answer each question.
Any time you can add a little story or anecdote will help.

YOU WILL SCREW UP! So don't worry about it. You need a
woman who will love the real you. You aren't perfect and
neither is she.

A little preparation leads to more confidence. A little practice
will add more confidence as well.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2019, 10:29:13 AM »
You can easily find a fixererupper in the States
Arie once again you have overestimated me. In the last 6 months I've had 12 first dates, 2 second dates, been ghosted by more than I can remember and came home to an empty house (all right, the dogs are happy to see me) pretty much every night.

That’s all the more reason why you should not return to Ukraine.

If you do the reality is you’re going back there to get dates and sleep with women, or a woman, because you know their economy is depressed and you know you can take advantage of that.

You have, by your own admission, deceived two previous women.

The last one was a huge betrayal of the young woman on your part.

It’s fair to say you humiliated her to her friends and family.

Deep down you knew you would do that, which is why you did not want to return to Ukraine to spend time with them.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2019, 01:07:05 PM »
I assume he is sure he will be allowed to enter the country again..

If I had been that women I would make sure he was never given entry in to Ukraine again.. easy enough for her to do.. 1 hour job done!! :thumbsup:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline justadude

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2019, 09:35:59 PM »
Does anyone know what a Steve is talking about?

Offline Guile

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2019, 02:19:23 AM »

no idea...steveboy want to elaborate?

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2019, 01:09:14 PM »

Well If I was a Ukrainian women and some guy pissed me about I would just cry Rape or some thing like that.. takes a just a few mins to pop down to the police station and make a complaint or even migration.. not hard to do.. before you know it you are denied entry at the border.. you think people cannot do this sort of thing??
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2019, 04:26:25 PM »

Well If I was a Ukrainian women and some guy pissed me about I would just cry Rape or some thing like that.. takes a just a few mins to pop down to the police station and make a complaint or even migration.. not hard to do.. before you know it you are denied entry at the border.. you think people cannot do this sort of thing??

IIRC he gave her 5K as compensation for going through the humiliation of telling friends and family she was getting married, flying all the way to California by herself (he refused to meet up with her at a layover in NYC for some sightseeing) putting up with his vegetarian BS and then due to his phobias about the commitment of marriage putting up with him changing his mind and sending her back to Ukraine.

So I doubt if she’s going to make any allegations although one never knows for sure. By now she probably realized she’s much better off back at home without a guy playing head games with her.  :coffeeread:

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2019, 05:03:28 PM »

But why?

Don’t ask me, ask the OP.

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2019, 01:51:50 AM »

But why?

I dont necessarily mind having a wingman (although to mix metaphors, I am also perfectly happy being in the 1-back offense), but what about the OPs story would make an experienced guy want him around?  All drama and  :censored: ed-upness.  It would be like dragging an anchor.  So yeah, no thanks.

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline Guile

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2019, 02:24:13 AM »
what justdude needs is not a wingman. but someone who speaks Russian, knows the places in Ukraine or Russia and can introduce him to local social circles.

2 western dudes together in an FSU country is not gonna attract women.  there' s a dude named Trench who could be a wingman for him but I don't think it will turn out ok.

He needs to hire a local guide and pay him.  I have many single friends in Moscow but they are 20's-30's and won't date over 40. Unless you are an oligarch or will give them a US passport, million dollars cash and whatever else they want!  :laugh: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2019, 01:26:54 PM »

But why?

I dont necessarily mind having a wingman (although to mix metaphors, I am also perfectly happy being in the 1-back offense), but what about the OPs story would make an experienced guy want him around?  All drama and  :censored: ed-upness.  It would be like dragging an anchor.  So yeah, no thanks.

B/B

:laugh:  :popcorn:

Offline 2tallbill

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2019, 01:49:08 PM »
there' s a dude named Trench who could be a wingman for him but I don't think it will turn out ok.

Hahahaha!

Trench as somebody's wingman and/or advisor.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2019, 03:30:04 PM »
there' s a dude named Trench who could be a wingman for him but I don't think it will turn out ok.

Hahahaha!

Trench as somebody's wingman and/or advisor.

I think some need to adjust there meds or fluids!

But thanks for the snickers.

I am noting the above so that some newbie does not consider the dolt Trench.

:ROFL:
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline BillyB

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2019, 04:57:02 PM »
what justdude needs is not a wingman. but someone who speaks Russian, knows the places in Ukraine or Russia and can introduce him to local social circles.

A wingman may help a guy get his foot in the door with a woman but after that, it's up to the guy to keep her.

Justadude needs to find a woman that is as unique as he is. One example of his uniqueness is that he's a vegetarian and most women aren't. He needs to find a vegetarian. Most people won't understand their partner being a vegetarian. I wouldn't marry one. To me, we need to consume life to live whether it's an animal or plant. I don't place animals on a higher level than plants when it comes to my food. I don't discriminate. Vegetarians discriminate.
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2019, 12:33:45 AM »
I have many single friends in Moscow but they are 20's-30's and won't date over 40.

Women in their thirties not prepared to date guys over 40  :ROFL:

THAT is JUST the stupid thing Trench might post
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2019, 12:38:05 AM »

Justadude needs to find a woman that is as unique as he is. One example of his uniqueness is that he's a vegetarian and most women aren't. He needs to find a vegetarian. Most people won't understand their partner being a vegetarian. I wouldn't marry one. To me, we need to consume life to live whether it's an animal or plant. I don't place animals on a higher level than plants when it comes to my food. I don't discriminate. Vegetarians discriminate.

:ROFL:

I've been with a 'Vegetarian' that v.occasionally eats meat, eggs / fish ... I 'missed' where our diverse eating habits have been a 'deal breaker' ..

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Guile

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2019, 03:41:05 AM »

Women in their thirties not prepared to date guys over 40  :ROFL:

How many Russian women in their thirties do you personally know?  Not "friends of wife's daughters classmates" but actually know yourself?

I'm pretty sure I know more and they tell me what preferences are.  And did you read my entire post you dimwit? I said if they are rich, can give the girl a foreign passport in a western country, and can provide a great life they will consider it.

Registration