The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: How Attractive or Why are YOU to Women?  (Read 4715 times)

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Re: How Attractive or Why are YOU to Women?
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2019, 01:29:30 AM »
It is possible that I am the only person using the term.
But I doubt that I am so original.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online msmoby

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2019, 03:35:54 AM »
You're the one who can't think. 

Women who are putting such a statement in a profile do so typically because they have received responses from men who are not looking for a long term relationship.

You don't know how women think, but worse, believe you do.  That's probably why you're still single.

^^^^
 This is a woman putting andrewfi straight..

What happens .. ?  He seeks solace in BillyB   :ROFL:

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2019, 03:57:44 AM »

It looks like it might just be me. :)
I checked!

A fat fairy.

To be fair, she has been tidied up with a bit of Photoshop.

Another.

Online Guile

« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2019, 04:13:29 AM »
you would call those girls "plus sized models"....or if not a model then just plus sized. if you wanna go ghetto, dem booty thicccc :ROFL:

a "fat fairy" sounds like some fat hobbit from Lord of the rings  :ROFL:

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2019, 07:17:55 AM »
Moby, sometimes even you come out with stuff that is not crap. I give you credit when that happens. Billy was making a good point.

Halo, let me put it to you in easy thoughts. Take it steady now, thinking might hurt.

1) You are allowed to disagree with anything anyone says.
2) Your opinion is worth no more or less than the value of the knowledge that goes into that opinion.
3) The woman on Tinder are engaged in a market.
4) Women have preferences, that is natural and normal.
5) The words put on a profile have no effect upon the ability of a man to reply to that profile, or in the case of Tinder to 'swipe right'. These words are not a disincentive to those who might behave in an unwanted manner.
6) The words put in a profile that prejudge the men looking at that profile will affect the readers of the profile.
7) We know that signals sent out by women affect the type of men they attract.
8) We know that abusers tend to respond to the, often unconscious, signals of likely victims.
9) Because we know that abusers will seek out women sending out the appropriate signals we know that such 'preference statements' will have only a negative outcome for women.
10) Men who are aware of the signalling process, but not abusers, will make a choice about how to handle such signalling. In my case, I do not want to handle 'abuse victims' therefore I 'swipe left'.

In referring to abuse I am writing very generally and well aware that abuse is a scale, not a binary issue. The women signalling may not be heavily damaged, but if somebody signals to me then I am likely to be more cautious than if there is no negative signalling. As a mature member of the human race, I, like most other humans, am able to discern issues through communication. I do not need them to be spelt out for me upfront.

The outcome is thus:
1) The women will actually tend to get more of the responses that they do not want.
2) The women will get fewer of the responses that they do want.

It is hard to think of a market where prejudging potential buyers is advantageous to the seller. The time to qualify the buyer is at the point where the prospect has displayed an interest. If an adult woman is unable to discern the intent of a man through communication then she is not mature enough to be able to manage unsupervised access to the Internet.

Today I saw a profile from a young woman who actually put in her brief profile that she suffers with BPD. That's the single most heinous example that I have seen - unless she is self-aware enough to understand exactly what she is doing and consciously wants to find a guy who knows about BPD and its likely effects upon a young woman. My guess was that it was part of her risk-seeking process.

You don't have to agree with me, but before you come back with more unthinking, ill-informed rubbish, go find out about abuse, find out about how it works from the point of view of both men and women. Learn about signalling.
While you're at it, go get a Tinder account, learn how it works. Get a handle on how the market dynamic is designed on the site. You might learn something.

Online msmoby

« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2019, 07:42:22 AM »
Moby, sometimes even you come out with stuff that is not crap. I give you credit when that happens. Billy was making a good point.

Halo, let me put it to you in easy thoughts. Take it steady now, thinking might hurt.

:ROFL:

andrewfi asks us to 'think' by asking those who are long-term married  to join Tinder...

Fact is only the likes of BillyB feel the need to still visit dating sites ( "to help others" , of course)

FACT: guys who send dick pics to ladies on dating sites are simply clueless. It has f'all to do with what the ladies post on their profiles

Online shakespear

• Supporting Member
« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2019, 09:00:47 AM »
and what exactly do you mean by "fat fairy"?  In American slang, a "fairy" is a gay guy".

I know what this means, but it may be better if Andrew explains it.

While that was true some years ago its usage has become so politically
incorrect that it is never used on polite conversation. 
"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun" - Katharine Hepburn

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2019, 09:45:13 AM »
Moby, read before trying to reply. It helps even people like yourself. If you read you'd see that you are repeating what I wrote while attempting to be critical.

Here's the thing. This is a place where you are not the smartest in the room - and it shows.

Offline B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2019, 09:52:27 AM »
you would call those girls "plus sized models"....or if not a model then just plus sized. if you wanna go ghetto, dem booty thicccc :ROFL:

Nobody, outside of a few weirdos, thinks those shoggoths are attractive.  A woman I know who is an actual model once used the term “plus sized models” in front of me and I interjected “You mean fat girls”, and she giggled with a bit of Schadenfreude. Because we all know the truth.  Just like the Dove “Real Beauty” campaign is just a bunch of fat women in their underwear.  And hey, fat women buy soap, too, but come the  :censored:  on.

a "fat fairy" sounds like some fat hobbit from Lord of the rings  :ROFL:

I thought it was a porcine gay guy.  Or the supernatural being who delivers love handles to thunderchunks while they sleep. ;D

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline Manny

« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2019, 11:05:28 AM »

I checked!

A fat fairy.

Blimey, I didn't know you liked them that big.  :o

The UK is a paradise for blokes who like big lardy things like that. A dare say any American Walmart is knee deep in birds like that.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<<

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2019, 11:15:41 AM »
Would I marry that woman above? I doubt it. The woman I met on Tinder is a size 10 (UK style) and looks great - and I won't be marrying her either.

Just as many USAians seem to fall in love with any bint whose ribs stick out, no matter how snaggle-toothed, bandy-legged or asymmetric her features, I reckon that I find that which is rare, in my context attractive.

The thing is that such women will not be attractive in a few years but youth and tautness of flesh can make for a rather comely package.

If all one gets to eat is steak then a little bit of lamb can make a nice change.

Online msmoby

« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2019, 11:31:17 AM »
Moby, read before trying to reply. It helps even people like yourself. If you read you'd see that you are repeating what I wrote while attempting to be critical.

Here's the thing. This is a place where you are not the smartest in the room - and it shows.

Unlike you, I don't have to suggest 'superiority' - particularly in the field of 'attractiveness' .. I'm in a relationship  - with the same lady ..soon to be sixth year .. 

I must be doing something right ... ( unlike you )

Perhaps you ARE one  of those guys who sends dick pics ?..

Online Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Hero Member
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2019, 12:06:33 PM »
A dare say any American Walmart is knee deep in birds like that.

Nope. Rarely do women in Wal-Mart look as good as the overweight girls that Andrew has posted photos of. For an accurate depiction of my local Wal-Mart, look up 'Elephantiasis' (no joke… it's a real disease that I see way too much of on the rare occasion that I enter the wasteland).
"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Online Confederate

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2019, 12:22:20 PM »

I checked!

A fat fairy.

The UK is a paradise for blokes who like big lardy things like that. A dare say any American Walmart is knee deep in birds like that.

Neck deep would be more accurate.  :sick0012:  :chuckle:

(Should I laugh or cry is usually one of my thoughts)
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. P. J. O'Rourke

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2019, 12:32:43 PM »
Lord of the Dance, I'd be very surprised if what was trotting around Walmart was the equal of the pics I posted. They were professional models. Also, the women to whom I refer are not every young chubby woman. Most women, just as everywhere else, are not very attractive. Average is not good!

The women to whom I refer are universally much better than average looking both in appearance and dress. Some of them might look better if less buxom, but buxom women have been considered attractive since ancient times.

moby, again with the reading. Or are you just making stuff up again, like normal?

I have made no claims about being particularly attractive - at least not physically! But then, as many of us already know, a chiselled jaw and six-pack abs are not at the top of most women's priorities. You should know all about that as your succession of victims pays testament to the idea that for every pole there's a hole, somewhere.

What I have said, for many, many years, is that we all have something to offer. What we need to do is understand what those attributes are and let women make a choice.

------------------

moby, what seems to be happening here is that you are just being dishonest, again. I do not believe that you are as illiterate as you'd need to be to post your words above with any degree of honesty.

Why do you do it? Is there some pleasure in lying, trying to trick and manipulate people? Do you think you are getting away with it here, or anywhere else?

Online Confederate

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2019, 01:58:41 PM »

I checked!

A fat fairy.

Neck deep would be more accurate.  :sick0012:  :chuckle:

(Should I laugh or cry is usually one of my thoughts)

A dare say any American Walmart is knee deep in birds like that.

Nope. Rarely do women in Wal-Mart look as good as the overweight girls that Andrew has posted photos of. For an accurate depiction of my local Wal-Mart, look up 'Elephantiasis' (no joke… it's a real disease that I see way too much of on the rare occasion that I enter the wasteland).

:ROFL:    :ROFL:     :ROFL:     tiphat
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. P. J. O'Rourke

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2019, 02:09:51 PM »
http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

To get just a taste of how weird people can get.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2019, 03:02:40 PM »
For a bit more levity, hopefully no one is from Newcastle.

“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2019, 03:33:55 PM »
FACT: guys who send dick pics to ladies on dating sites are simply clueless.

This is linked to the "sexting" phenomena all over the Net.  If you go to any chat site, the room that is ALWAYS crowded with "visitors" is the sex chat room.   :evilgrin0002: :biggrin:
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Online Wiz

« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2019, 04:07:04 PM »
Andrew

You wouldn't say No if you were invited to meet for a drink by this Lady, with no strings attached?

Do you?

My guess is that if you did not have other arrangements you would enjoy 
a cold Milkshake  in her company and you would not refuse an offer to visit
your room/house for a night cuppa!

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2019, 04:38:55 PM »
FACT: guys who send dick pics to ladies on dating sites are simply clueless.

This is linked to the "sexting" phenomena all over the Net.  If you go to any chat site, the room that is ALWAYS crowded with "visitors" is the sex chat room.   :evilgrin0002: :biggrin:

My take is that there's more than one reason for the dick pic phenomenon. I will preface the following with this: there can be a time and a place for dick pics but if one gets the timing wrong then the outcome is unhappiness all round.

1) Dick pics can be a power play, a way to show dominance. A kind of visual rape if you like. That's an abuse issue and why I tend to lump it in with other abuse issues.
2) Dick pics are a kind of peacocking, a bloke showing off his masculinity and virility. It might sometimes be related to point one, but not always.
3) Dick pics can be part of a conversation, and that's what I was getting at in my preface. So, if your inamorata has been showing pics of herself one might fling back a pic showing one's appreciation and the effect of the earlier images.

The last one can also go horribly wrong if not expected or if the woman sees what she was doing as different or separate from the dick pics. In such a case, outrage is IMHO misplaced, no matter how genuinely felt. That's a timing issue!

But here's the thing. All that any woman has to do in such a case is block the sender, if upset, delete any pics and move on.

To make statements in one's profile is an invitation to the blokes who send for reason 1 and risks the 2 case person sending his dick pic to prove that he's more of a man than his predecessors. The third case would not happen absent the conversation so is not akin to the first two cases.

So, the question becomes this: where's the win for the woman in making a statement 'don't send dick pics'? There isn't one!

In fact it is worse than that! By putting up such a statement, if we assume for a second that it works, it removes a way for her to filter unsuitable guys.
If a woman does not like the kind of guys who send her dick pics (a reasonable point of view) she can quickly and easily remove them from the running. "Oh, he looked ok, but he must be a shit if he sends that stuff - bye-bye".

If he heeds her signal and conceals himself by not sending a dick pic then she might well end up meeting the guy and wasting time on him, or getting harassed by him - all because she did not get the signal that could've saved a load of bother!

If you want people to rule themselves out and you want to deal with better quality guys then give they shitty guys the chance to rule themselves out. Don't tell 'em how to conceal themselves!

Dick pics are the very best way that a woman can rule out an unsuitable suitor.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2019, 04:43:48 PM »
Wiz, if the woman was pleasant, reasonably intelligent and seemed to be socially adept, with similar interests and goals to myself I would happily meet her.

Based on her appearance alone, we would not be a match. I have never been a fan of such a huge enbonpoint.

Online msmoby

« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2019, 05:55:41 PM »
Andrew

You wouldn't say No if you were invited to meet for a drink by this Lady, with no strings attached?

Do you?

Wiz,

Thank you for demonstrating why you aren't 'safe' with Ms Milani's ( or others' ) images.

The image you used is at least 9 years old.

@andrewfi..the only deluded chap is the guy suggests others need to think, when it is abundantly clear a severe session of navel watching by your good self is required.

You will be always be the single guy on here 'advising' others how to 'pull'.

Offline Halo

« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2019, 09:42:10 PM »

1) You are allowed to disagree with anything anyone says.
2) Your opinion is worth no more or less than the value of the knowledge that goes into that opinion.
3) The woman on Tinder are engaged in a market.
4) Women have preferences, that is natural and normal.
5) The words put on a profile have no effect upon the ability of a man to reply to that profile, or in the case of Tinder to 'swipe right'. These words are not a disincentive to those who might behave in an unwanted manner.
6) The words put in a profile that prejudge the men looking at that profile will affect the readers of the profile.
7) We know that signals sent out by women affect the type of men they attract.
8) We know that abusers tend to respond to the, often unconscious, signals of likely victims.
9) Because we know that abusers will seek out women sending out the appropriate signals we know that such 'preference statements' will have only a negative outcome for women.
10) Men who are aware of the signalling process, but not abusers, will make a choice about how to handle such signalling. In my case, I do not want to handle 'abuse victims' therefore I 'swipe left'.

In referring to abuse I am writing very generally and well aware that abuse is a scale, not a binary issue. The women signalling may not be heavily damaged, but if somebody signals to me then I am likely to be more cautious than if there is no negative signalling. As a mature member of the human race, I, like most other humans, am able to discern issues through communication. I do not need them to be spelt out for me upfront.

The outcome is thus:
1) The women will actually tend to get more of the responses that they do not want.
2) The women will get fewer of the responses that they do want.

It is hard to think of a market where prejudging potential buyers is advantageous to the seller. The time to qualify the buyer is at the point where the prospect has displayed an interest. If an adult woman is unable to discern the intent of a man through communication then she is not mature enough to be able to manage unsupervised access to the Internet.

Today I saw a profile from a young woman who actually put in her brief profile that she suffers with BPD. That's the single most heinous example that I have seen - unless she is self-aware enough to understand exactly what she is doing and consciously wants to find a guy who knows about BPD and its likely effects upon a young woman. My guess was that it was part of her risk-seeking process.

You don't have to agree with me, but before you come back with more unthinking, ill-informed rubbish, go find out about abuse, find out about how it works from the point of view of both men and women. Learn about signalling.
While you're at it, go get a Tinder account, learn how it works. Get a handle on how the market dynamic is designed on the site. You might learn something.

I can find out about abuse just by reading your posts. 

I never posted one has to agree with me.  That assumption, on your part, should have been directed at you.  All I did was point out that your opinion on the matter was based on a man's perspective.  I, as a woman, and a woman who knows plenty of women who have been on dating sites and has heard their horror stories, understands why women place such restrictions in their profiles.  Your condescension doesn't bother me, but I think you should ask yourself why you are over fifty and still alone.  I hope your latest foray works out well, but frankly, I doubt it will.

Online Guile

« Reply #74 on: August 31, 2019, 02:09:28 AM »

Thank you for demonstrating why you aren't 'safe' with Ms Milani's ( or others' ) images.

The image you used is at least 9 years old.

So you did some research to see when the photo was created?  :-X what does the wifey think of this? Bikini pics do seem to be your specialty  :ROFL:

Registration