The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: TLC's 2019 Before the 90 Days - USA and Ukranian Lady  (Read 9533 times)

Offline Valenki

• Trips: 5-10
Re: TLC's 2019 Before the 90 Days - USA and Ukranian Lady
« Reply #175 on: November 05, 2019, 08:55:42 PM »
Manny,

How to bring you into the (nearest) decade?

Murdock sold out to Comcast....
:chuckle:

Offline Valenki

« Reply #176 on: November 05, 2019, 09:03:56 PM »
I also remember forum members going on the Tyra Banks show to talk about international marriages. One guy said they edited out the parts that made some people look intelligent and decided to post the parts of the show that had the most drama.
I have no doubt about it. Have you ever noticed how (for example) he/she is waiting at the airport to meet Mr./Ms Perfect but there is no sight of him/her? Suddenly he is wearing different clothes and very obviously not in the airport but says, "I don't know how long I should wait."  What the hell is that all about?  ???

Offline Valenki

« Reply #177 on: November 05, 2019, 09:08:04 PM »
what is considered poverty in the US?
Mexico.

The U.S. doesn't officially acknowledge poverty on its own turf. 

Online redroo

• Spouses Country: FSU
  • Trips: Semi-Resident
« Reply #178 on: November 06, 2019, 12:25:53 AM »
So poverty is US$17000 for a guy to be earning, and he needs $21250 if it's just her and no kid? That seems awfully low to support this venture  :snivel:

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #179 on: November 07, 2019, 06:57:32 PM »

For two people $16,910 for the lower 48   $21,130 for Alaska  $19,460 for Hawaii
https://www.thebalance.com/federal-poverty-level-definition-guidelines-chart-3305843

I don't know what a person makes as an English teacher in the FSU, my guess is
not much. They have exceptions for people with low income but significant wealth.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Online shakespear

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #180 on: November 11, 2019, 01:01:37 PM »
Episode 2 and the drama continues.

Emily and Sasha are scheduled to meet with Sasha's first wife Masha.  She hopes to build a connection with her because she is a mother of one of his two kids. 

The meeting doesn't go as planned because what Sasha told Emily about why he and Masha got divorced is contested by Masha.  She provided some more insight to the viewers on how his divorces actually went down, revealing that he left her for his second wife after getting her pregnant during their marriage. Masha said he came to her and asked for a divorce because he was having a second child with his future second wife.

Then Sasha asked Masha for her approval to allow Daniel, Sasha and Masha’s son, to visit him in America.  After he made this request Masha got very defensive asking why Sasha can’t just stay in Russia, “And don’t you think that your other two children need their father, too?” The discussion ended with Masha saying that it would be up to Daniel on whether or not he wants to visit his dad.  As the meeting ended Masha urged Sasha not to leave Volgograd. 

The meeting left Emily feeling so uncomfortable that she ended up leaving the table to step outside as the two exes continued speaking.  At that time Masha urged Sasha not to leave saying that she doesn’t want him to leave. Masha feels that Sasha is simply using Emily to get into America and open new opportunities for him.

I was surprised at how much of the Russian I could actually follow along with without looking at the translation. 
"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun" - Katharine Hepburn

Offline Valenki

« Reply #181 on: November 12, 2019, 12:32:45 PM »
Finally! The first episode featuring Cesare and the Ukrainska just started now.

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #182 on: November 12, 2019, 02:27:36 PM »

For two people $16,910 for the lower 48   $21,130 for Alaska  $19,460 for Hawaii
https://www.thebalance.com/federal-poverty-level-definition-guidelines-chart-3305843

not much. They have exceptions for people with low income but significant wealth.

not much.
They have exceptions for people with low income but significant wealth.

I think you will find it is a fair bit more than $21,000 a year!...
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online Guile

« Reply #183 on: November 12, 2019, 05:34:24 PM »
Emily is clueless.  Been in Russia 3 years and speaks less Russian than Moby! I cringed when she couldn't even order a hot tea.

Where do they find these people.  that Sasha guy already has 2 kids with 2 women, now a 3rd with Emily.  :'(  typical Russian dude.  Wife #4 could be when they move to America.

Online BillyB

« Reply #184 on: November 12, 2019, 06:04:07 PM »
So poverty is US$17000 for a guy to be earning, and he needs $21250 if it's just her and no kid? That seems awfully low to support this venture  :snivel:

The government doesn't want to discriminate against the poor. Got to give them hope they qualify in marrying a smokinhotkova.
"Billy, go read. You don't need to be an 'expert' to read. Billy, again read stuff. Even if this disease ends up being serious, in a few months it will be gone. That's how these things work." quote by forum epidemic and virology expert Andrewfi Jan 28, 2019 on the coronavirus

Offline Valenki

« Reply #185 on: November 12, 2019, 10:02:25 PM »
So this inflatable Ukraine woman blamed the Russians for her inability to fly to Mexico to meet Cesaer but they say that she's cancelled other plans to meet him on earlier occasions. What happened then and how many times were they supposed to meet? Is she at least putting the money aside for the time when she will actually travel to meet him?

Online shakespear

• Supporting Member
« Reply #186 on: November 18, 2019, 11:17:30 AM »
Episode 3:

The episode starts with the revelation that during the night Emily's water broke and Sasha rushed her to the hospital.  She is in pain and receives an epidural.  The photography is such to make you question the quality of health care being provided at the hospital.  Dark and dank, old equipment and facilities, doctors and nurse uniforms from the 1960's.  She finally dilates to the doctors satisfaction so the birthing process can begin.  However a problem is discovered in that the baby's head is positioned in a way that make a normal delivery impossible.  Emily is rushed into surgery for a cesarean section delivery which is shown in pretty graphic detail.  The baby comes out and is not immediately breathing.  But quickly he begins to cry and Emily has delivered a healthy baby boy. 

In a surprise move another set of characters is introduced - Mike and Natalie.  Mike is a good-old-boy farmer from a city of 7000 in rural Washington and Natalie is a fashion model from Kiev Ukraine.  We come to find out that Mike was married before and has accumulated a large amount of credit card debt to his name.  Of course he does the right thing and conceals this fact from Natalie.  After all, no need to unnecessarily worry her and furthermore, if he told her the truth she might decide to end the relationship.

Natalie is a big city girl who loves the activity in a big city like Kiev.  Tall, leggy and with a beautiful smile she is a knockout.  It appears she and her mother really want Natalie to have a baby as soon as possible.  Mike tells her that having a baby is not in is immediate or intermediate plans and you can see the disappointment on Natalie's face when she hears the news.

The couple has their interview for the K-1 visa and are told it will take an addition 6 months to be approved.  Of course they already bought the airline ticket that they now will not be able to use.  I don't understand why nobody ever thinks to call the office of their congressman to see what he can do to help speed up the process.  Anyway Natalie is crushed by the news and needs to have Mike come to her to comfort her during this time of disappointment.  She begs him to fly over to see her right away and in spite of his dire financial circumstances, he agrees to do so.  Natalie is very happy now and confesses that once he gets they they can start working on having the baby she wants so badly.

What could go wrong in this budding new romance?    :'(                 

Online 2tallbill

TLC's 2019 Before the 90 Days - USA and Ukranian Lady
« Reply #187 on: November 18, 2019, 03:17:12 PM »

It's certainly far too low. They should double it.
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #188 on: November 18, 2019, 03:31:57 PM »

I accept your numbers since you have the experience,
however I believe it varies based on several factors.
Where you live, who is the teacher, who is your student
and who is paying you.

In Kutaisi Georgia for example, when teaching school
kids and getting paid by the government they pay
tetri (Georgian Kopecks) It's less than $600 per
month.

A Native English speaking businessman with an English
teaching degree teaching businessmen in Moscow business
English is far more.

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #189 on: November 18, 2019, 03:36:20 PM »
The government doesn't want to discriminate against the poor. Got to give them hope they qualify in marrying a smokinhotkova.

I am loath to bring up politics here, but the reason it's
so low is that they want to let our friends from South
of the border to bring in and marry and impregnate a
new democrat voter senorita as soon as possible.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #190 on: November 18, 2019, 04:41:33 PM »

It's certainly far too low. They should double it.
NL has a minimum of about $33.000 to import your love interest. If you earn below that, you'll get denied in a heart beat. And its for your own good!
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #191 on: November 19, 2019, 08:17:52 AM »

and who is paying you.

month.

English is far more.

and who is paying you.

That applies to every thing in life where ever you live, salary, job, paid holidays even sex!
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online msmoby

« Reply #192 on: November 20, 2019, 02:04:42 AM »

and who is paying you.

month.

English is far more.

Have you been to Kutaisi, Beel?

It is ( for me) one of three  depressing cities in Georgia along with Stalin's home city of  Gori and the port of Poti.

If you are heading east the E60  motorway you can( mercifully)  by-pass it.

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #193 on: November 21, 2019, 11:40:55 AM »
Have you been to Kutaisi, Beel?

Nope,

I dated a girl from there but we met in Tblisi, our plan was
to continue on to Kutaisi if things worked out but they didn't.
She had AMAZING blue eyes.

She told me about a program they had to recruit native English
speakers to teach English there and the wages were terrible.

Online msmoby

« Reply #194 on: November 22, 2019, 07:37:24 AM »

I dated a girl from there but we met in Tblisi, our plan was
to continue on to Kutaisi if things worked out but they didn't.
She had AMAZING blue eyes.

She told me about a program they had to recruit native English
speakers to teach English there and the wages were terrible.

The surrounding hills and rivers are scenic, but the city ..I think I know why she wanted out :)

Online shakespear

• Supporting Member
« Reply #195 on: November 25, 2019, 02:46:47 PM »
Episode 4:

Sasha and Emily were not featured in this episode.  Previews indicate they will return in the next.

Mike arrives in Kiev to a nervous Natalie.  She and two of her closest girlfriends had a luncheon where they questioned the suitability of Mike to adequately provide for Natalie and the baby she so dearly wants.  When they asked what he did to make money Natalie told them he was a manager at a construction company.  They really ripped him when comparing to her x-husband. They said Natalie needed to marry THE OWNER of a construction company to be financially secure.  Apparently her x was a successful businessman with plenty of money but very mean to her.  The two girls both confidentially admitted their fears about Mike's financial shortcomings and this really bothered Natalie a great deal. 

We also met Natalie's mother who basically thinks the sun rises and sets on Mike based on their first meeting.  Natalie does everything possible to please her mother and one might think she has settled on Mike because her mother likes him.  At 35 years old, It is very clear that Natalie is worried about the timing of her biological clock and both her and her mother think she should have a baby without delay. 

The scene ends with them arriving at Natalie's apartment (which she shares with her mother) and they went off behind closed doors to rekindle their passion after a six month absence.       

Online 2tallbill

TLC's 2019 Before the 90 Days - USA and Ukranian Lady
« Reply #196 on: November 25, 2019, 05:53:42 PM »

The surrounding hills and rivers are scenic, but the city ..I think I know why she wanted out :)

She ended up marrying a Georgian man and she lives in Tblisi now.
Tblisi is pretty cool, but we are totally hijacking the thread

Online shakespear

• Supporting Member
« Reply #197 on: December 02, 2019, 09:49:04 AM »
Episode 5:

Sasha and Emily return to the show after a 5 month delay in their planned departure.  Apparently Sasha didn't file for the baby's picture in his passport quickly enough resulting in much paperwork and delay.  Now with visas and travel documents in hand they are making plans to head to the airport and start their journey back to the USA.

Emily is a little upset with Sasha's lack of devotion to the baby boy.  She complains he only spends 5 hours per week with the baby and most of that is with the baby sitting in his too-small car seat while he plays with his I-pad.  Emily says Sasha leaves the house at 5am and doesn't come home until 11pm.  One has to ask just how many people does this guy train in a day?  Emily does nothing but sit at home and care for the baby.  Emily begs Sasha to spend more time bonding with the baby and he promises to do so after their arrival in the USA.     

Mike and Natalie emerge from their room after a night of passionate lovemaking and Natalie starts right off with asking Mike about having a baby.  Mike as usual does what he can to avoid the topic and does not mention his financial troubles to Natalie.   

Natalie and Mike meet Natalie's best friend from college Svetlana for dinner.  There we find out that the major reason Natalie left her first husband was because of his unwillingness to have a child.  The next day, Natalie tries to get Mike into running because let's face it, for most people running sucks. Mike does everything Natalie instructs, and then asks if her ex-husband was a runner. Mike is both curious and slightly jealous, and Natalie explains that her ex was in fact not a runner but that she doesn't want to push Mike to do anything he doesn't want to do. To the camera, Natalie explains that she is completely over her ex-husband: "Michael's my future and my ex-husband is my past."

Online redroo

• Spouses Country: FSU
  • Trips: Semi-Resident
« Reply #198 on: December 04, 2019, 11:30:31 PM »
re Caesar:

Geezzzzzz
I just spent the last few days sick, and finally binge watched this series.
We've all heard stories like that from FSU "online romances", or lived it,
but it's those American cougars that are raising my eyebrows, especially that repeat offender Darcy

Online shakespear

• Supporting Member
« Reply #199 on: December 10, 2019, 10:32:56 AM »
Episode 6:

Sorry for the delay but while this episode contained some entertaining moments for the other couples, our Russian connection was pretty bland -

Natalie & Mike were not featured this week.  Previews revealed they would be back next week.

We joined Sasha and Emily as they were packing with only 24 hours before their departure.  Sasha seemed fairly nonplussed about the exciting upcoming event while Emily was a bundle of nerves.  Sasha was only packing 4 shirts and two pair of shorts.  Emily questioned Sasha about leaving behind a pair of jeans that were too small for her and Sasha told her to keep them and use them as motivation to lose weight.  Emily confessed that she was worried that Sasha's devil may care attitude might be a reflection of how serious he is about their marriage.  Sasha admits that he expects Emily's family to help him financially become a success in his body-building career.   

Sasha's parents arrive to take them to the airport and they have a quiet moment sitting before leaving the house (those of you married to Russian women will understand).

At the airport that have an emotional parting with all four parties tearing up.  Sasha's dad tells him to work hard and take advantage of this opportunity to better himself.  Sasha's mom laments that she is going to miss watching the baby grow up.  They walk down the hallway and moments later the Delta jet lumbers down the SVO runway . . . . . . . . .   

Been there - done that.