The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: TLC's 2019 Before the 90 Days - USA and Ukranian Lady  (Read 9532 times)

Online redroo

• Spouses Country: FSU
  • Trips: Semi-Resident
Re: TLC's 2019 Before the 90 Days - USA and Ukranian Lady
« Reply #150 on: November 02, 2019, 09:36:09 PM »
She'll just move onto 'TravelGirls" probably

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #151 on: November 02, 2019, 11:12:10 PM »
For any UK / IRL user subscribing to SKY pay TV ..and who hasn't bothered to watch ( that's me)

It's now arrived over here ((

It's on at midnight .. :chuckle:

I’m sure you have the technology to capture this and put it somewhere where the rest of us can watch it.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<<

Online msmoby

« Reply #152 on: November 03, 2019, 12:14:13 AM »
For any UK / IRL user subscribing to SKY pay TV ..and who hasn't bothered to watch ( that's me)

I’m sure you have the technology to capture this and put it somewhere where the rest of us can watch it.

I am not a pirate.

Don't you have SKY TV?

Can't you afford £28 month ?

Online NS1

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #153 on: November 03, 2019, 02:54:30 AM »
I am sure if she is a money maker for those sites.
It won't be long before she is back up, with new profile,
name, photos etc. I wouldn't worry to much about
her making a living  :laugh:
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline Valenki

« Reply #154 on: November 03, 2019, 03:23:26 AM »
The only couple with a chance is Alexi & Loren and (perhaps) Andrei and Elizabeth .... if Andrei can stop clenching his buttocks and relax a little.  :)

Offline Manny

« Reply #155 on: November 03, 2019, 07:36:06 AM »

I am not a pirate.

Don't you have SKY TV?

Can't you afford £28 month ?

Of course I can afford it, but I’m not a fan of Sky as a company and feel no need to further enrich the Murdoch Empire. I don’t watch enough television for it to be worth paying for. Freesat and Netflix (which a friend gifts me as she gets multiple sign ins on some mobile phone deal) covers all my needs.

I once knew a bloke who enabled people to watch Sky TV for free via some kind of shady deal but I gather the back wheels fell off that one.......

Funnily enough, this evening I have just re met (I met him out here three or four years ago first) one of the U.K.’s biggest suppliers of refurbished skyboxes. He’s out here doing something of that in Shenzhen like you. He’s joining my little group of pals for dinner tomorrow evening, it’ll be a little bit odd if he knows about you, eh? Small world.

Online BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #156 on: November 03, 2019, 08:41:59 AM »
I am sure if she is a money maker for those sites.
It won't be long before she is back up, with new profile,
name, photos etc. I wouldn't worry to much about
her making a living  :laugh:

Most companies, even if they're bad, aren't willing to risk bad publicity just to sign up one girl. There are lots of people searching the internet for Mariya right now. If her profile is up somewhere, people will take a snapshot of it and post the photo and the site name she's at on the internet. Mariya is approaching 30. There are plenty of younger girls available to replace her. Her best shot is signing up at dating sties and agencies that don't know her. She'll last for a few days until the mob finds her and reports to those sites she's a scammer.
"Billy, go read. You don't need to be an 'expert' to read. Billy, again read stuff. Even if this disease ends up being serious, in a few months it will be gone. That's how these things work." quote by forum epidemic and virology expert Andrewfi Jan 28, 2019 on the coronavirus

Online msmoby

« Reply #157 on: November 03, 2019, 11:19:15 AM »
Manny,

How to bring you into the (nearest) decade?

Murdock sold out to Comcast....

Offline Valenki

« Reply #158 on: November 03, 2019, 11:29:26 PM »
I want to know if 90 Days is fake, made up of actors with a script. I was thumbing through the TV channels a couple of nights ago and I am almost certain I saw Chantel in an American police series.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #159 on: November 04, 2019, 05:17:13 AM »
It seems that at least some of the participants are people who would like to have some kind of media career. That's the case with most reality tv. That's understandable given that program makers want to feature attractive interesting people who are able to present a watchable persona to viewers.

For context, many, many years ago I took part in auditions for a dating show - Blind Date. I got nowhere, no surprise there! However, I did meet up with a load of other aspirants. A large number were people who already had acting experience or training - but they were not 'actors', they had ordinary jobs like myself. Those people were much easier for the program makers to work with though and so were more likely to be chosen because they made the show easier to make.

That doesn't mean that the participants are not real, or that the situations are not real. In reality TV it is common for situations to have an element of scripting but from what I have seen, this isn't a fully scripted show. So, there might be storylines or arcs that the showrunners want to present, but the participants are not learning lines. Often the story comes from the manner in which the program is edited and how voiceovers are scripted.

So, for example, in this show, it is unlikely that Cesar is not a manicurist/foot washer. It is likely that his inamorata has been seeing other guys. It is also likely that such incidents as Cesar having money problems that stopped her from visiting him are real.

On the other hand, the chances that Cesar went for a lonely walk on a bridge across a small lake to 'contemplate his life' where the film crew just happened to find him are slim. More likely the director had a plot idea he wanted to portray and a location scout who suggested the location. Everybody got into vans and cars, took Cesar there and spent a morning filming him for the 30-second scene.

I have not seen the show, although I have now seen some clips. It looks like it is less scripted than some other shows that I have seen.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online shakespear

• Supporting Member
« Reply #160 on: November 04, 2019, 06:05:05 AM »
New series began Sunday night.  To avoid confusion there are two separate series - "90 Day Fiance" and "Before The 90 Days".  The former is for people that have already been approved for a K-1 or K-3 visa and their progress toward marriage before the deadline.  The later involves people who have met online and are going through the the dating process on their way to beginning the K1/K-3 process.

I will be talking about the former in this report. 

The new Russian connection is a Emily, a 29 year old blonde party girl from Oregon who has taken a job in Volgograd as an English teacher.  She has been there three years and hasn't really learned any Russian.  The man, Sasha, a 32 professional personal trainer who is pretty buff.  He has been married twice before and has 2 kids; one from each lady.  He has got Emily pregnant as well and as the story begins, she is due to pop in 4 days.

Emily has filed for the K-1 visa and they are waiting for final approval.  She is very optimistic about the relationship and gives some background on the situation between the two ex-wives and her betrothed.  It appears he has custody and visitation problems that I'm sure we'll get to know more about as the show progresses.  They take one of his sons shopping and the first impression is he appears to be a good father. 

Emily's family back home is not supportive of the marriage and insists she come home immediately to have the baby.  She doesn't want to be separated from her fiancee for the birth of his/her child.  She's been getting quite a bit of negative pressure from the family which has been putting her under a bit of stress.       

I love the city of Volgograd but she thinks it is a dump.  Let's see what happens next week. 
"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun" - Katharine Hepburn

Online msmoby

« Reply #161 on: November 04, 2019, 06:23:57 AM »
Andrewfi, I know two people who appeared on Blind date and neither were 'actors'..or the 'actor' type..

Both were simply confident, healthy and not unappealing to the eye ( 1 male, 1 female..)

We were in hols in N.Cornwall, before it became Kensington by the sea, and both my 1st wife and I spotted a guy with longish sun bleached hair who had been rejected by a totally unsuitable lass from the Wirral ( I think) . He was 'posh' and she was not...

As to why you never even made the grade, one can only wonder at the foolish Production team...

Online NS1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #162 on: November 04, 2019, 10:10:09 AM »
Shakey I started a new thread for the new show if you wish to post your version of the events there.

Online NS1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #163 on: November 04, 2019, 10:16:11 AM »
To the question is it real,  it has to be, some of this shit you can't make up lol.
From what I understand, they do get paid some money to be on the show,
likely helps them pay for their adventures and based on what we see, many of them need the money.

Also think about it, they follow these folks for a week, they have 6-8 couples
for a 60 minute show with commercials. so 4-8 minutes per couple per hour of show.
they tweak  the interesting stuff, but cutting and pasting, which makes us tune into watch.
No different than many other reality shows.

I also agree with Andrew, that the odd scene is staged, locations and of course the questions they ask.
makes for great fillers and back ground when needed.

A few have had spin offs, those are now paid reality shows, some don't last a few weeks.

Online Guile

« Reply #164 on: November 04, 2019, 12:00:42 PM »
It's real like the Bachelor is real  :ROFL:

Online shakespear

• Supporting Member
« Reply #165 on: November 04, 2019, 01:37:10 PM »
Shakey I started a new thread for the new show if you wish to post your version of the events there.

I don't see it.  What is the link?

Online BillyB

« Reply #166 on: November 04, 2019, 03:59:58 PM »
I remember a guy telling me a couple of trashy women in his neighborhood went on Jerry Springer. There are people that exist that's full of drama and are willing to put it on tv.

I also remember forum members going on the Tyra Banks show to talk about international marriages. One guy said they edited out the parts that made some people look intelligent and decided to post the parts of the show that had the most drama.

Is Caesar an actor or does he do nails for a living? I found the post below by someone claiming to have had their nails done by Caesar. Looked at that person's profile and nothing suspicious. Made 19,000 posts at that site in six years so can't accuse that person of being a tv show plant.

https://www.reddit.com/r/90dayfianceuncensored/comments/cky78n/before_the_90_days_cast_spoilers/
"Billy, go read. You don't need to be an 'expert' to read. Billy, again read stuff. Even if this disease ends up being serious, in a few months it will be gone. That's how these things work." quote by forum epidemic and virology expert Andrewfi Jan 28, 2019 on the coronavirus

Online BillyB

« Reply #167 on: November 04, 2019, 04:20:18 PM »

Did another Google with Caesar's name, "nail salon", and city he works in and came up with Aloha Nails in Jacksonville, North Carolina. Some people gave him great reviews and some didn't like him. One lady commented there was a half naked women on his phone and he was busy on his phone often. The oldest review I seen of Caesar/Cesar was from 2015. He may be an aspiring actor as some people claim but he's worked as a nail technician for the last 4 years.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/aloha-nails-jacksonville

Online NS1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #168 on: November 04, 2019, 05:42:56 PM »

I don't see it.  What is the link?
[/quote
http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php/topic,28495.0.html

Online msmoby

« Reply #169 on: November 05, 2019, 06:38:24 AM »

I once knew a bloke who enabled people to watch Sky TV for free via some kind of shady deal but I gather the back wheels fell off that one.......

Translation:  Manny got SKY for free from Moby as he gave me lots of client addresses who were willing to aid the 'shady' biz - which wasn't shady at all and SKY where more than happy to enjoy the biz .  Manny ws more content to let his daughter be upset at losing her Peppa Pig recordings that start coughing up.

The Wheels are most firmly fixed back on, thanks ..

Funnily enough, this evening I have just re met (I met him out here three or four years ago first) one of the U.K.’s biggest suppliers of refurbished skyboxes. He’s out here doing something of that in Shenzhen like you. He’s joining my little group of pals for dinner tomorrow evening, it’ll be a little bit odd if he knows about you, eh? Small world.

Iknow he's NOT doing what I do and I know THE biggest SKY refurb bloke .. a lovely chap from N.Ireland

The Chinese make better 'SKY' remote controls than SKY do ( in the case of the 'old' HD models..)

Offline Manny

« Reply #170 on: November 05, 2019, 07:23:34 AM »
I had a very interesting conversation with the Sky chap actually, we demolished several bottles of wine together. He must be big enough because he’s turning over seven figures. He’s developed several of his own add-on products out here. He also mentioned the remote controls in a similar context to you. I guess they must be a fast moving line. I know he is now doing global FBA fulfilment and having stuff labelled and shipped directly from here To Amazon warehouses in the States, Israel, Japan and everywhere. Looks like the chap is doing well.

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #171 on: November 05, 2019, 07:46:44 AM »
Emily has filed for the K-1 visa and they are waiting for final approval. 

How will she prove that she makes 125% of the poverty rate?
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Online shakespear

• Supporting Member
« Reply #172 on: November 05, 2019, 08:49:42 AM »
How will she prove that she makes 125% of the poverty rate?

That's a good question that the show does not generally address.  One big fat guy who brought back a lady from Thailand asked his best friend to co-sign the Affidavit of Support and he refused.  Some of the people clearly make more than 125% of the poverty line with their regular jobs.  I think with the money they are getting from being on the show generally covers this requirement. 

They do often mention the Affidavit of Support and the prohibition of the sponsored immigrant becoming a public change for 10 years (not exactly right but close enough for government work). 

Has the US government changed the K-1 visa work parameters?  I remember when Olga and Julia both came over in 2001 they were allowed to work on a K-1 and K-3 visa during the 90 day period.  We had to go the local SS office and they stamped their SS card as eligible to work until the date the visa expired.  Once married and the adjustment of status was filed, it took about 30 days to get their permanent SS cards that allowed work.  Now on the show, they keep talking about no work during the 90 days and then 5-8 months to get a work permit.         

Online NS1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #173 on: November 05, 2019, 04:46:57 PM »
what is considered poverty in the US?

Online BillyB

« Reply #174 on: November 05, 2019, 05:44:33 PM »
what is considered poverty in the US?

It's based on income, how many people live in the household and in two cases what state a person lives in matters. If a person is looking to get married to a foreign woman and can't meet 125% of the numbers below, they can have another person file an affidavit of support along with theirs to meet the requirements.

https://www.thebalance.com/federal-poverty-level-definition-guidelines-chart-3305843