The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: TLC's 2019 Before the 90 Days - USA and Ukranian Lady  (Read 19979 times)

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 20+
TLC's 2019 Before the 90 Days - USA and Ukranian Lady
« on: August 04, 2019, 08:31:56 PM »
The new and latest series of 90 Day Fiance kicked off tonight on TLC at 8pm

Our "hero" Ceasar a 46 year old black man from North Carolina has been "dating" a Ukrainian fashion model, age 26 for 5 years that he met on Anastasia Web.  During that time he's sent her over $40,000 and has been unable to pin her down for a personal meeting.  As the show starts, Caesar proposes yet another meeting in Ukraine but the lady has suggested a vacation in Mexico because it is too cold in Ukraine.  Ceasar dutifly sends her $2000 cash to buy her own ticket for the trip because he trusts her.  After receiving the money she tells him that because of war she is unable to leave Ukraine.

It's almost too painful to watch.  But if you need to see a good train wreck you can catch the rebroadcast tonight at midnight eastern time on TLC channel.

"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun" - Katharine Hepburn

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
Re: TLC's 2019 Before the 90 Days - USA and Ukranian Lady
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 10:53:42 PM »

Our "hero" Ceasar a 46 year old black man from North Carolina has been "dating" a Ukrainian fashion model, age 26 for 5 years that he met on Anastasia Web.  During that time he's sent her over $40,000 and has been unable to pin her down for a personal meeting.

Ceasar dutifly sends her $2000 cash to buy her own ticket for the trip because he trusts her.  After receiving the money she tells him that because of war she is unable to leave Ukraine.

A fool and his money will soon part. Question is, how do some of these fools acquire big money?
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Online Guile

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 11:15:42 PM »
Someone should tell him about the forum lol...dude got fleeced

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 12:16:02 AM »
Someone should tell him about the forum lol...dude got fleeced

'lol'.. why do you find this so funny ?

I've seen a REALLY smart kid catfished and it f'd him over big time ..

From what shakey has posted - Caesar will be getting help and ( hopefully) a fee to cover his story...

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online Guile

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 03:56:45 AM »

'lol'.. why do you find this so funny ?

From what shakey has posted - Caesar will be getting help and ( hopefully) a fee to cover his story...

So now you've grown a heart and care about some complete stranger?!  Like the hammer attack victim huh  :'( :'(

Half the profiles on those sites are fake, some old fat Boris dude.  This has been going on for years.

Typical liberal left, crying foul but not lifting a finger to help.  Why don't you help out your buddy Trench in Ukraine.  He's probably been catfished a few times but you do care, NO!

Online Guile

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2019, 04:33:37 AM »

and here another case of "I know someone personally who..." just so happens to fit the story huh.  Who exactly is this "kid".

And if he was REALLY smart then how did he fall for it? 

Offline MBS01

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2019, 09:55:04 AM »
Not sure where to post this topic, so will start here for now:

Sunday Night the new season of TLC's "Before the 90 Days Visa" Show aired.  One couple has a man (Caesar)  in the USA interested and in touch with a lady (Maria) somewhere in Ukraine.  They met through one of the for pay dating sites and have been an online couple for 5 years already.  They are so in love he has sent her $800 USD per month during this time.  He wants to finally fly and meet her in Ukraine.  Instead she wants a vacation meeting in Mexico!

So he borrows $2,000.00 USD and send her to pay for her airfare there.  Then he calls her and learns that Russia has invaded Ukraine at this very time.  (Must have been filmed when Crimea was invaded).  So we are left wondering if in fact they will ever meet up or what.

Next week it appears he has arrived Mexico and we await to see what unfolds.

So far it appears every red flag available has appeared.  Too bad this fellow never found or heard of RUA!  He fell in love with a Photo experience.  Sent $400.00 USD for a photo with ID and flowers!  Sent $40,000.00 USD over 5 years to a complete stranger.  She wants to meet for a vacation in a foreign country rather than have him visit her home country.  He has previously tried to visit at least twice, but never got on the plane for some reason or another.

I welcome others thoughts on this years programme especially this USA and FSU couple.  Watch, enjoy and share your feedback and thoughts.

Offline MBS01

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2019, 10:10:50 AM »
I also just posted a similar new topic in the Dating Section. 

If someone can perhaps these two topics can be combined.

I have followed this and similar series about the 90 Day Visa process for a number of years.  Good for many laughs and some sadness too.  In the just concluded series about after the 90 days Colt and Larissa from the USA and Brazil sadly remind me of my first marriage to a lady also from Brazil a number of years ago.   That situation can and does happen, but never got to the point of violence and court involvement for us.  In our case that is in the past and only wish good things for my ex wherever she is today.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2019, 10:44:21 AM »

It was Autumn 2013 and he was a very good Network techy - not at all geeky - a good personality and a handsome chap - aged 20  ..  Luckily, he had a great boss  ( not me- I was contracting )
The 'lady' claimed to be  UK born - living in the US - had a facebook account and they video-chatted .. He had announced to his parents he was moving out - she was coming to live near her Grandparents in the NE of England and it was only when he contacted the solicitors ( lawyers) for the house keys she had bought  - that the truth came out

That's all you need to know .. apart from I'd never heard of being catfished, until then

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2019, 12:27:35 PM »
The new and latest series of 90 Day Fiance kicked off tonight on TLC at 8pm

Our "hero" Ceasar a 46 year old black man from North Carolina has been "dating" a Ukrainian fashion model, age 26 for 5 years that he met on Anastasia Web.  During that time he's sent her over $40,000 and has been unable to pin her down for a personal meeting.  As the show starts, Caesar proposes yet another meeting in Ukraine but the lady has suggested a vacation in Mexico because it is too cold in Ukraine.  Ceasar dutifly sends her $2000 cash to buy her own ticket for the trip because he trusts her.  After receiving the money she tells him that because of war she is unable to leave Ukraine.

It's almost too painful to watch.  But if you need to see a good train wreck you can catch the rebroadcast tonight at midnight eastern time on TLC channel.

Tragic and painful to hear about.  :sick0012:

Online Guile

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2019, 03:48:16 PM »

It was Autumn 2013 and he was a very good Network techy - not at all geeky - a good personality and a handsome chap - aged 20  ..  Luckily, he had a great boss  ( not me- I was contracting )
The 'lady' claimed to be  UK born - living in the US - had a facebook account and they video-chatted .. He had announced to his parents he was moving out - she was coming to live near her Grandparents in the NE of England and it was only when he contacted the solicitors ( lawyers) for the house keys she had bought  - that the truth came out

That's all you need to know .. apart from I'd never heard of being catfished, until then

this is not being catfished....how much money did he lose?  he didn't buy her anything. your story makes no sense, lawyers for house keys?  and your English makes not sense.  She bought a house or the keys. 

everyone in Ukraine is catfishing, you're so naive.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2019, 05:16:30 AM »
Definition of 'catfish'..

lure (someone) into a relationship by means of a fictional online persona.
"he was being catfished by a cruel prankster"......

Offline MBS01

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2019, 08:07:29 AM »
Well last evening was mainly a sleeper show.  Our guy only managed to spend $195 for an engagement ring for his 5 year photo image bride to be.  He did however lean that planes are still flying into and out of Ukraine long after Russia annexed Crimea go figure!  However seems Maria still needs more money to even get on the plane to Mexico!

Mainly we learned that 2 USA gals are off to connect with their Muslim photos, aka lovers!  Seems they are far behind their FSU sisters who routinely state "Will not respond to Muslim Men" in their dating profiles.  Seems USA ladies have a lot to learn in this respect.  One young (19 year old) lady plans to marry and head off to Syria after she marries her new love interest.  We are left waiting to see if she gets on her flight minus her cell phone?

Really a rather boring show compared to some.  So we continue to wait so see what if anything happens to our American Man and his Ukrainian Photo (lady)?

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2019, 09:26:06 AM »
Does the show follow these victims to their fate? Or just do a followup report on how the woman joined ISIS or somesuch?
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2019, 09:38:54 AM »
Well last evening was mainly a sleeper show.  Our guy only managed to spend $195 for an engagement ring for his 5 year photo image bride to be.  He did however lean that planes are still flying into and out of Ukraine long after Russia annexed Crimea go figure!  However seems Maria still needs more money to even get on the plane to Mexico!   

The phone clip between he and the lady was icy cold.  I can't imagine how anyone in
their right minds would think this woman is interested in them based on that phone call
alone.   

To Andrewfi's question the program follows the couples through pre-visa, marriage and
post marriage.  It is one of the 5 most popular "reality" tv shows in the USA right now.     

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2019, 06:15:45 PM »
Wife and I watch it on Sunday night, funny but not.
Some are just scary sad, others drama galore. Great for ratings.
I think it's funny. Like comedy show.
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2019, 07:06:19 PM »

The phone clip between he and the lady was icy cold.  I can't imagine how anyone in
their right minds would think this woman is interested in them based on that phone call
alone.   

To Andrewfi's question the program follows the couples through pre-visa, marriage and
post marriage.  It is one of the 5 most popular "reality" tv shows in the USA right now.   

Was that the guy who allegedly spent 40K over five years?

I can’t imagine spending more than a few hundred dollars without contacting a forum like this or simply cutting her off.

Glad I’m cheap or maybe it’s just called common sense. Not sure I could watch this TV show.

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2019, 01:16:24 PM »
So, in the third segment our heroic protagonist starts packing for his long awaited trip to meet his Russian princess.  She makes him a bit nervous because two days prior to the trip she confesses that she hasn't yet purchased her ticket because she needs money to get her hair and nails done and to buy new clothes.  She rationalizes that if she spends the money for a ticket she won't have any money left for these foreign travel essentials.  She suggests they postpone the trip (knowing that our hero has already purchased his ticket) for two weeks.   

Our hero has a brilliant idea that only the most ignorant of novices could come up with.  Because she has already "committed" to go to Mexico in two weeks, HE will buy her airline ticket for her on the dates she has already suggested to him and that will of course guarantee that she will actually go to the airport, get on an airplane and be there when he expects.  Forget paying his rent, utilities, auto insurance and car payment - love will triumph over all when they romantically gaze into each others eyes in a tropical paradise.

And of course he tells her she can use the $2000 he has already sent her for pre-trip expenses.

It would almost be comical if it wasn't so close to the truth on how many ignorant men have undertaken this very process. 

:trainwreck:

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2019, 08:27:43 AM »
So, the fourth segment continues much as the third. 

For guys like me who have been at this since the late 1990's I can feel this guys pain.  He has (albeit stupidly) built his whole life around this fantasy of a beautiful Ukrainian wife.  Based on his comments in this episode you get the feeling that he suspects deep down inside that this girl is not going to show up in Mexico or anyplace else.  However, over the last 5 years he has invested so much time, emotions and money into this girl that he just can't bring himself to admit he has been scammed. He wants to avoid being seen as a failure to his family and friends who have consistently told him to be careful. 

So he's going to play the "bad hand" out until the very end - throwing good money into the pot on top of the bad believing he's the one that is going to hit the inside straight flush with the last card. 

From 1997 till about 2014 I saw this same scenario play out in real life literally hundreds of times on the various lists and chat groups. 

The poor dumb ba$tard can't get a break anywhere - they even lost his bag in transit to Cancun - you know the one with the in engagement ring careful and lovingly packed inside.   

Offline Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Hero Member
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2019, 08:48:13 AM »
So, in the third segment our heroic protagonist starts packing for his long awaited trip to meet his Russian princess.  She makes him a bit nervous because two days prior to the trip she confesses that she hasn't yet purchased her ticket because she needs money to get her hair and nails done and to buy new clothes.  She rationalizes that if she spends the money for a ticket she won't have any money left for these foreign travel essentials.  She suggests they postpone the trip (knowing that our hero has already purchased his ticket) for two weeks.   

Our hero has a brilliant idea that only the most ignorant of novices could come up with.  Because she has already "committed" to go to Mexico in two weeks, HE will buy her airline ticket for her on the dates she has already suggested to him and that will of course guarantee that she will actually go to the airport, get on an airplane and be there when he expects.  Forget paying his rent, utilities, auto insurance and car payment - love will triumph over all when they romantically gaze into each others eyes in a tropical paradise.

And of course he tells her she can use the $2000 he has already sent her for pre-trip expenses.

It would almost be comical if it wasn't so close to the truth on how many ignorant men have undertaken this very process. 

:trainwreck:

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

There but for the grace of God go I.  :laugh:
"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2019, 04:24:44 PM »
in the end he might be the lucky one.
it will end with him broke and in tears, but it will be over.
he is so far in the hole, he will get a few years break catching up on bills.

Some of the other ones are just as funny, the drama queen in London for her 2nd go LOL
He should run forest run.

The girl about to marry a Muslim and go to Syria at 19 years old.
( this will happen and it will be bad end)

You got the high flying spender with ex thats not over in Columbia.

Crazy lady in Tunis chasing 26 year olds. Showing skin, going to get herself or him killed.

Another crazy lady from Georgia chasing young African guy, who constantly chasing girls.

who did I miss, is there even one that has an honest chance?
There is nothing permanent except change.

Online Guile

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2019, 08:16:52 PM »
it's a reality show guys...so nothing is "real"..

Offline HoundDaddyLee

• Supporting Member
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2019, 01:06:10 PM »
in the end he might be the lucky one.
it will end with him broke and in tears, but it will be over.
he is so far in the hole, he will get a few years break catching up on bills.

Some of the other ones are just as funny, the drama queen in London for her 2nd go LOL
He should run forest run.

The girl about to marry a Muslim and go to Syria at 19 years old.
( this will happen and it will be bad end)

You got the high flying spender with ex thats not over in Columbia.

Crazy lady in Tunis chasing 26 year olds. Showing skin, going to get herself or him killed.

Another crazy lady from Georgia chasing young African guy, who constantly chasing girls.

who did I miss, is there even one that has an honest chance?

You forgot the divorced guy with the young son who is chasing the young Nigerian woman. Her family says that their "tradition" is for the man to pay a "bride fee" (when he says it, I only hear bribery). They showed him at his bank and he only had $2000 and that was before his travel expenses. He is screwed also.

The show is painful to watch sometimes. Hard to believe that people can be this stupid...

HDL

Offline Manny

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2019, 01:40:14 PM »
Come one Moby, make yourself useful with all your TV tech know how. How do we Brits watch this easily? It doesn't appear to be on Freesat or Netflix.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2019, 01:56:47 PM »
Torrents will have the show. Join a tracker site, install a torrent program and download the new episodes shortly after broadcast.

Illegal of course, but reliable and easy.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!