The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Married my dream wife- my story  (Read 792 times)

Offline JonTrex

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
Married my dream wife- my story
« on: August 03, 2019, 12:05:02 PM »
Hi Guys, I used to post on here almost a decade ago. I was so lost back then..haha

I travelled all over the FSU and spend some time in each major city of Ukraine. Eventually, I found my wife and now we're settled down and living together. I'm going to take up a job offer in Germany soon and work for an IT company there. Its the easiest way for both of us to be in one country, visa hassle free.

I met my wife during a BBQ in a local park where I was invited by some friends I met at an English meetup group. If anyone is in the FSU, I strongly recommend attending a group where they have English practice since so many people just want to speak with a foreigner and get some practice.

Well, after lots of trips and heartaches I got married last year. Now I'm starting a youtube channel that shows how to meet Ukrainian girls.

Here's the link:

If you guys have any questions please post here or PM me.

Online Guile

• Watched
Re: Married my dream wife- my story
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2019, 05:53:37 PM »
if you met your wife at a BBQ at an English meetup group why would you need to tell others how to do it? they can just use meetup :'( :'(

Online Confederate

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 10:09:17 AM »
if you met your wife at a BBQ at an English meetup group why would you need to tell others how to do it? they can just use meetup :'( :'(

The story seems very fishy. Allegedly they’re married yet he needs to move to Germany so they can be together. How long have they been apart? I see a single Ukrainian bird with a strong accent in the video, who hopes to get more subscribers.
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. P. J. O'Rourke

Offline JonTrex

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 02:49:26 PM »
1) No, actually I met her at a BBQ I was invited to by friends I met originally at an English meetup

2) I'm moving to Germany since I got a job offer there.

Just look at how great Ukrainian cooking is. Bet you wouldn't turn down a meal like this:

Online Guile

• Watched
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2019, 03:15:33 PM »
Is that your wife in the video then?

Online rosco

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2019, 03:17:13 PM »
 :ROFL:

That looks absolutely terrible!!

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2019, 03:21:24 PM »
Hi Guys, I used to post on here almost a decade ago. I was so lost back then..haha

Tell me your username then please?
please tell me where I'm being / have been 'dishonest'? 
Yes, he said that.........

Online Confederate

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2019, 04:43:27 PM »

I travelled all over the FSU and spend some time in each major city of Ukraine. Eventually, I found my wife and now we're settled down and living together. I'm going to take up a job offer in Germany soon and work for an IT company there. Its the easiest way for both of us to be in one country, visa hassle free.

I met my wife during a BBQ in a local park where I was invited by some friends I met at an English meetup group. If anyone is in the FSU, I strongly recommend attending a group where they have English practice since so many people just want to speak with a foreigner and get some practice.

Well, after lots of trips and heartaches I got married last year. Now I'm starting a youtube channel that shows how to meet Ukrainian girls.

Here's the link:

If you guys have any questions please post here or PM me.

Why would there be a hassle with visas if you married her?

Take your time.
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. P. J. O'Rourke

Online msmoby

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2019, 09:24:38 PM »

Why would there be a hassle with visas if you married her?

Take your time.

Cornfed, I know you've not married an FSU W - it shows ..

If she is granted residency in an EU nation - as a dependent of someone else granted residency to live / work in that EU nation - she is also allowed to live /work  there and travel freely within the EU

Ukrainians can only - legally - remain in Schengen nations for 90 days

Online msmoby

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2019, 09:33:07 PM »
:ROFL:

That looks absolutely terrible!!

FFS - can you think before posting ?

The guy is proud of his missus' (?) and your brain-fart contributions are simply trolling - it's not like he's promoting a biz. model and seeking payment. (yet!?)

She's cooking a variation of баклажан - an Aubergine ( Egg plant) recipe .. served  hot or cold - and very popular across the former soviet union

@JonTrex.. you might want to consider editing out the long silences or chats off screen where nothing is happening. - I found myself skipping again to 'serious action'

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2019, 02:44:14 AM »
Maybe one or both of them has similar problems to moby.
Pinocchio syndrome that caught up with them?
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online msmoby

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2019, 04:01:44 AM »
Maybe one or both of them has similar problems to moby.
Pinocchio syndrome that caught up with them?

Dearest 'honest' andrewfi

We now have the latest  andrewfi brain-fart moment ... the desperate need to pass on the mantle of the "poster who posts the most unsubstantiated guff " is an endless series of fails ..

Looking forward to your next 'well-researched' , " I know Moby's life better than Moby"  chapter ..

In the meantime, I ( hope) I see a guy who is well-meaning and proud ..and if it turns out there's a commericial aspect then I'll put my hands up and read him wrong ..

In the meantime, I welcome new blood and note the usual 'sand-pit anarchists' have arrived to offer 'encouragement '... at someone new's expense..

Offline JonTrex

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2019, 07:17:52 AM »

Tell me your username then please?

Wow, I forgot that a long time ago.

I do remember you Manny, the owner of this board.  I know you had a book about marriage also published.

I also remember username mendeleyev. Cool guy. I see he hasn't posted here in a while, I'm sure he's missed.

Offline redroo

• Spouses Country: FSU
  • Trips: Semi-Resident
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2019, 07:32:40 AM »
for an Australian, marrying a girl overseas doesn't give you automatic residency rights for her, and the application may take 12 months or more to be accessed. there could be many reasons why it's easier in the short term for them to live in Germany

Online msmoby

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2019, 09:32:10 AM »
https://www.uni-bielefeld.de/(en)/International/Scientists/vorbereitungen/familienangehoerige.html

Depends on the type of work visa JonTrex has been awarded.

Some will allow his wife to accompany him and others will even allow her to work .