The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Women After Childbirth: Can Their Body Recover?  (Read 5888 times)

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Re: Women After Childbirth: Can Their Body Recover?
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2019, 11:58:02 AM »
Halo, you were lucky to have a c-section where the incision was right at the smallest size that is commonly carried out, congrats on your good fortune. Be aware that you are not typical, you are an outlier. Most incisions are larger.

Secondly, try to Google the term 'c-section pooch'. Learn what happens to many, if not most, women to a greater or lesser degree. The 'pooch' is related to cutting through a large sheet of muscle, but extra fat sure as hell does not help. Some women have a tummy tuck which tightens everything up and moves scarring out of sight of almost all bikinis - and yes, I know people who have done just that after they finished having kids.

If you are going to disagree with me at least be accurate. Nowhere did I mention the word 'scar' you and at least one other imagined it. In fact, in relation to c-sections, I made no comment whatsoever about the specifics of appearance.

Now you know more than you did a few minutes ago, you know that often the effects of a c-section are visible and, if you looked, you now know what those effects look like.

Be aware that I tend to know what I am talking about and if I do not I either ask questions, learn, or shut up.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Halo

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2019, 12:09:52 PM »
The average C-section scar is between 4 and 6 inches, so although mine is on the lower end, it's still in the range of "normal". 

Whether or not a scar is "raised"  (Keloid) is based on various factors - the skill of the OB, the woman's own skin, time since the C-section, etc.  It can be fixed so that the scar is pencil thin.

I don't think I need mansplaining from someone who has never raised a child, let alone given birth.

You're welcome.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2019, 11:48:30 PM »

I don't think I need mansplaining from someone who has never raised a child, let alone given birth.

Andrewfi ALWAYS knows our lives and expeiences better than us  ,, :chuckle:

As soon as he started posting on this thread, I KNEW we were in for entertainment ..

Andrewfi, how many births have you attended and watched your partner  recover from .. ? 

How many women's bodies did you know, intimately, before and after ?

Thank you...

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2019, 09:57:11 AM »

Andrewfi ALWAYS knows our lives and expeiences better than us  ,, :chuckle:

As soon as he started posting on this thread, I KNEW we were in for entertainment ..

Andrewfi, how many births have you attended and watched your partner  recover from .. ? 

How many women's bodies did you know, intimately, before and after?

Thank you...

Zero and zero.

Offline AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2019, 07:22:16 PM »
Lets do simples here.

Women have been giving birth for almost as long as men have been plugging in.

A C-Section is considered major surgery. It has risks. As Halo notes the reason in he United States for the percentage of rise is the legal ramifications if something goes wrong during a vaginal birth. It countries such as Turkey it is seen as a fashionable thing to do among the upper class.

In the Netherlands most births are done at home as it is considered a normal life event. Epidurals are rare and usually reserved for foreign women. Epidurals seem to slow the bearing of the child, but reduce the pain.

Some women recover better than others from giving birth.

First vaginal births are more difficult than subsequent births. It seems women in there late 20's and early 30's have an 'easier' time.

Before any questions my knowledge I have been present at the birth of all my children (3). My former wife is an Ob/Gyn specializing in baby catching first in Durban and than further training in Scotland before coming to the Netherlands. I sometimes had to go to deliveries and would politely stay far in the back ground, preferably downstairs. She could if need be conduct an emergency C Section in Amsterdam from incision to extraction in under 6 minutes. She was the go to doctor in Amsterdam-West. She was faster in South Africa but the protocols were different.

I hope this clears up some misconceptions.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Hunter7

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2019, 05:46:29 PM »
less stretchmarks

I'm more inclined to think poor lifestyle is the biggest factor. My wife is in the gym several times a week, is eating steamed fish and rabbit food (but seldom after 6pm), drinking gallons of water, green tea and kefir, etc.

Hi Manny, I'm new here. Are you located in the US? The woman I am talking to sounds a lot like yours and she is worried about not having friends in the states.

Offline Manny

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2019, 10:15:12 PM »
less stretchmarks

I'm more inclined to think poor lifestyle is the biggest factor. My wife is in the gym several times a week, is eating steamed fish and rabbit food (but seldom after 6pm), drinking gallons of water, green tea and kefir, etc.

Hi Manny, I'm new here. Are you located in the US? The woman I am talking to sounds a lot like yours and she is worried about not having friends in the states.

I am in the UK, but plenty of US folks here.  tiphat
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2019, 12:23:15 AM »
she is worried about not having friends in the states.

There are millions of FSU people in the states. Also she can make friends with anybody, not just FSU people. Reassure her she'll make friends easily. What city do you live in?
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2019, 02:30:34 AM »
Just read this post of Halo's

The theory re Asthma and other allergies may hold water...

My kids were both born of Caesareans ...medical reasons...and I believe not having a natural birth could well be a factor ...!
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2019, 02:51:31 AM »
Just saw the thread, thanks Billy. Struck by how Halo gets all miffed at me and then goes on to say, well, yeah, Andrew, you were right.

As I have said in the past, one does not have to piss on an electric fence to find out how painful it is.

If people like Halo only talked about things they experienced then they'd have very little to say. Would we suffer from that? I don't know, I guess that depends upon what her husband tells her to say.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2019, 09:14:36 AM »
Just saw the thread, thanks Billy. Struck by how Halo gets all miffed at me and then goes on to say, well, yeah, Andrew, you were right.

As I have said in the past, one does not have to piss on an electric fence to find out how painful it is.

If people like Halo only talked about things they experienced then they'd have very little to say. Would we suffer from that? I don't know, I guess that depends upon what her husband tells her to say.

:ROFL:

Yeah but you’ve still never been to ????????.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2019, 01:29:56 PM »
And so?

There's many things that you have never done but that you know about.

Only when you come out with crap does anyone note that. You manage to come out with crap with or without first hand experience.

Only the most stupid of us are limited to learning or having knowledge from first hand experience.

Offline Halo

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2019, 01:43:25 PM »

I wasn't miffed with you.  As usual, you give yourself far too much credit.  I also never stated you were right.  You weren't.

We weren't discussing pain.  Do try to keep up.

Oh, the irony.  A man telling a woman who has given birth about the effects of childbirth, and then berating her for his delusional view that said woman has no views separate from her husband, including on the experience and effects of childbirth on a woman's body.

Of course though, were you to stick to what you know, your posts would be restricted to whoremongering.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2019, 04:10:23 PM »
And so?

There's many things that you have never done but that you know about.

Only when you come out with crap does anyone note that. You manage to come out with crap with or without first hand experience.

Only the most stupid of us are limited to learning or having knowledge from first hand experience.

Andy piles it high again.  :Zzzzsleep:

You’re the moron who tried to tell Halo she’s wrong about childbirth.

You also know less than nothing about Ukraine other than propaganda you’re instructed to repeat so you can earn a few extra pennies.

Stick to the other garbage you sell on the net. Stay out of threads which you usually pollute with your arrogance and ignorance.  :coffeeread:

Offline Hunter7

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2019, 06:42:50 PM »
less stretchmarks

I am in the UK, but plenty of US folks here.  tiphat

OK thanks for responding!
she is worried about not having friends in the states.

There are millions of FSU people in the states. Also she can make friends with anybody, not just FSU people. Reassure her she'll make friends easily. What city do you live in?

Oh well I didn't know that, heh. I know she can make friends with anyone, but I want her to be friends with other good women. All my sisters live in the same town, and churches nearby, so I think she will be OK.

We will be living in South Florida in Palm Beach County. That's the plan anyways. We skype often and I'm flying over in a month or so. She speaks near perfect English. So far so good.

Offline justadude

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2019, 10:46:44 PM »
I married an American girl (supposedly of Northern European lineage. Blond haired and blue eyed but barely over 5' tall) quite some time ago. She gave birth to our daughter. She weighed 100lbs before she got pregnant and 150 the day before my wonderful daughter came into the world. She ran a marathon 8 months after giving birth. She exercised regularly and ate well. She insisted on having breast augmentation and after that she looked like a model, albeit a short one, naked or clothed. No stretch marks. I thought that was possible for all women, if they would keep their weight down during pregnancy and exercise as much as possible/healthy before and after. After we split up I saw other mothers with their clothes off and realized this wasn't always the case. I saw a couple more that looked that good but most didn't. I think a significant number of women use childbirth as a reason to give up on looking good. I think my ex's story is not necessarily repeatable for every person. I.e., some get stretch marks no matter how they watch their weight. I feel a little funny talking about my ex this way because she is a good person, the mother of my daughter and much more than just a body. Nevertheless, she was quite the success in this department.
two 90 day fiance visas, one 73 day fiance. Lived in Lvov and Odessa for 2 years. California native now on the Oregon Coast

Online Guile

« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2019, 11:09:52 PM »

Oh well I didn't know that, heh. I know she can make friends with anyone, but I want her to be friends with other good women. All my sisters live in the same town, and churches nearby, so I think she will be OK.

We will be living in South Florida in Palm Beach County. That's the plan anyways. We skype often and I'm flying over in a month or so. She speaks near perfect English. So far so good.

Hunter7 welcome to the forum! There's alot of Russians in Miami but probably not the type you want to meet if you are a regular church goer  :chuckle:

Is your girl from Russia or Ukraine?  And have you planned for her to come over and live?  If you haven't even met yet I'd take it 1 step at a time!
If her English is near perfect then she shouldn't have problems communicating. culturally it would be a bit of an adjustment.  Go meet her first.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2019, 09:40:19 AM »

Hunter7 welcome to the forum! There's alot of Russians in Miami but probably not the type you want to meet if you are a regular church goer  :chuckle:

Is your girl from Russia or Ukraine?  And have you planned for her to come over and live?  If you haven't even met yet I'd take it 1 step at a time!
If her English is near perfect then she shouldn't have problems communicating. culturally it would be a bit of an adjustment.  Go meet her first.

I second welcoming you Hunter7.

There are Baptist Church’s which have Russians and Ukrainians.

Ukrainian Catholic Church’s and Russian Orthodox Church’s.

Hopefully you’ll find a place she likes and feels welcome.

And plenty of Russians in Florida overall. I think it’s more important though for her to make American friends here in her adopted homeland.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2019, 05:09:44 PM »
I think it’s more important though for her to make American friends here in her adopted homeland.

I disagree. My wife has the odd random pal in the UK (mothers of kids at school for example who invite her to places, women she has met on her travels, etc), but she never made any close friends here with British women in 13 or so years. And she is totally cool with that and happy to stay in touch with her friends in Russia.

She always thought British women don’t really share her values. They want to go out eating chips, or McDonald’s, drinking a lot and nightclubbing till 3am. She’s not into excessive drinking or junk food. British women don’t really get the foreign woman who wants to eat steamed fish before 6pm so she doesn’t get fat, drinks kefir and isn’t interested in being out till 3am drunk.

Women where we live don’t seem particularly big into family values, health, fitness, the gym, fashion or having their kids learn the piano for example. They don’t appear terribly interested in psychology, feng shui, interesting books, travel or other stuff my wife is interested in. They seem big into visiting Nando’s, watching reality TV, obsessing about crap on Facebook, drinking gin and tonic and falling over drunk at 2am while their kids play video games.

You’re talking about the entirely wrong group of U.K. women. I’m clearly not talking about those type of women and I don’t believe the OP is either.

If the OP visits a large traditional Baptist Church for example they are all about wholesome family values and surprise surprise there are slender attractive women there (they’re married or they have boyfriends they plan to marry) who are into eating healthy and getting plenty of exercise.

You make a lot of stereotypes which I realize are certainly true with some groups of people but certainly not all.

It’s probably easier to just keep the old friends however there are probably some U.K. women with similar attitudes etc as your wife it just might be more of an adventure to find them.

Registration