The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Zelensky's gamble to call snap parliamentary elections has paid off  (Read 7313 times)

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
"The party of Ukrainian president - and ex-comedian - Volodymyr Zelensky is set to win a snap parliamentary election, consolidating his political power.

Exit polls suggest his Servant of the People party will have a majority in parliament - but may still need a coalition partner to form a government."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-49061504

I STILL can't decide if he's anyone's puppet - but this victory should certainly allow him to put his people in charge

What do others think ?
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
Re: Zelensky's gamble to call snap parliamentary elections has paid off
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 05:41:56 AM »
The final results are in and the comedian has won the fist outright majority in Ukraine Parliamentary history . - securing SIXTY percent of the Verkhovna Rada seats , the country’s parliament. 

https://emerging-europe.com/intelligence/four-takeaways-from-ukraines-parliamentary-election/

Once again, Rosco's 'finger on the pulse' is illustrated in Zaporizia - where Zelensky's party took all seats..

More worrying, is that the Russian leaning 'For Life' party took all the eastern-most rural seats - but where obliterated in Kharkov

Most Ukrainians favour EU (and to a lessor - but still a majority extent  NATO)  membership and too many regard Russia as an aggressor state .. (

I still have no idea if Zelensky is a puppet of Kolomoisky or a breath of fresh air ..

Offline Manny

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 09:47:51 AM »
More worrying, is that the Russian leaning 'For Life' party took all the eastern-most rural seats -

Why is this "worrying"? For whom is it worrying and why?
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2019, 09:52:18 AM »

Worrying,as they hold polar opposite views on the future of Ukraine ..

No comment on Kharkov?

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2019, 10:05:57 AM »
The final results are in and the comedian has won the fist outright majority in Ukraine Parliamentary history . - securing SIXTY percent of the Verkhovna Rada seats , the country’s parliament. 

https://emerging-europe.com/intelligence/four-takeaways-from-ukraines-parliamentary-election/

Once again, Rosco's 'finger on the pulse' is illustrated in Zaporizia - where Zelensky's party took all seats..

More worrying, is that the Russian leaning 'For Life' party took all the eastern-most rural seats - but where obliterated in Kharkov

Most Ukrainians favour EU (and to a lessor - but still a majority extent  NATO)  membership and too many regard Russia as an aggressor state .. (

I still have no idea if Zelensky is a puppet of Kolomoisky or a breath of fresh air ..

ms are you babbling and drooling as an infant or are you trying to say something intelligent?

The political situation in Ukraine is in a fluid state with nothing fixed. Because of Russian actions the nation has become more unified. What the end form will be is a guess. Andrew thinks it will splinter into regions, I suspect it will become more of a Nation.

Time will reveal all.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2019, 10:43:21 AM »

ms are you babbling and drooling as an infant or are you trying to say something intelligent?

I'm simply not sure what might have brought about this 'outburst' - can you be specific as to your complaint - nothing you typed below offers a clue ..

The political situation in Ukraine is in a fluid state with nothing fixed. Because of Russian actions the nation has become more unified. What the end form will be is a guess. Andrew thinks it will splinter into regions, I suspect it will become more of a Nation.

Time will reveal all.[/size][/font]

The Nation is polarised - though at the moment - much less so - than before - as it ws only in the east - and a blip in the extreme SW corner ( SW of Odesa) where the more RU party won a seat ..

So, Do you disagree with my EU  / NATO  summary ...?   I'm still confused by your first line .. brain fart, moment

Offline Manny

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2019, 01:25:09 PM »
No comment on Kharkov?

I'm not sure where that is. Do you mean Kharkov?

Worrying,as they hold polar opposite views on the future of Ukraine ..

Worrying why? The area that was once known as Ukraine ceased to exist after the western backed coup and got significantly smaller. One bit has reunified with Russia. Much of the east has already broken away and won't be returning. Other regions dont want to be under US/NATO/Soros, et al control. So all that remains is to set the borders one way or another. The voting shows the will of the people. I know (as with Brexit) you seek to deny democracy, but if regions lean towards Russia rather than a soap actor as president and the US puppets, let them go.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2019, 02:14:30 PM »

I believe you know VERY well, that Kharkov is the transliterated name for this Ukrainian city .. !

Worrying why? The area that was once known as Ukraine ceased to exist after the western backed coup and got significantly smaller.

'Western backed coup'  ?  :ROFL:  'Yanu' was disavowed by his own political party ... Your mantra shows how selective you are ..

The area seized by RU forces - ( other than Crimea ) was much reduced and nearly wiped out - before RU sent MORE troops into a neighbour ...   

How's the plan for Novorossiya/ Malorosiya working out ? ...  :laugh:

One bit has reunified with Russia. Much of the east has already broken away and won't be returning.

You mean Crimea- which is recognised as being part of Russia by which nations ?

Donbas   - note one S - is a screwed up  place where - IF you talked to people from there - who moved to Kiev or parts of Russia are not madly keen on how things are being run there .. corruption is king .. That place ?

Other regions dont want to be under US/NATO/Soros, et al control.

Newsflash .. to be in NATO you have to be stable politically and guess who seeks political instability for their neighbour - who dared look to the west - not Moscow ... Ukraine has aspirations to be part of the EU ..NOT the US ..

So all that remains is to set the borders one way or another. The voting shows the will of the people. I know (as with Brexit) you seek to deny democracy, but if regions lean towards Russia rather than a soap actor as president and the US puppets, let them go.

It's hilarious when you speak of democracy in connection with present day Russia .. that would have it's TV viewers believe that demonstrations against corrupt practices and refusal to allow ANY opposition folks to stand in election - under bogus pretexts - are 'violent'

*I* have no idea if Zelinsky is a puppet of Kolomoyskyi, Moscow or his own man ... 

Moscow may already be issuing passports to folks in Donbas - I wonder if they'll be pushed to have 'em - like in Crimea - or life gets harder ?

Offline Manny

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2019, 04:29:31 PM »

By Russia. The one the people voted for. The only one that matters. 

You haven't told us yet why Russian learning areas voting for Russian leaning parties is "worrying"?

Again: Why is this "worrying"? For whom is it worrying and why?

Offline Manny

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2019, 04:34:48 PM »
The area seized by RU forces - ( other than Crimea )

Tell us more about this area that was SEIZED by Russia? The world media missed it. You might have a scoop...........

Offline Halo

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2019, 04:35:27 PM »
No comment on Kharkov?

The original name is Kharkov - founded by Cossacks in the 17th century, who didn't speak Russian (or Ukrainian).
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Manny

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2019, 05:08:25 PM »
No comment on Kharkov?

The original name is Kharkov - founded by Cossacks in the 17th century, who didn't speak Russian (or Ukrainian).

Things changed since the 1600s.

Also known as Kharkov (Russian: Ха́рьков), Wiki tells us:

Quote from: Wiki
Since April 1780 it was an administrative centre of Kharkov uyezd.

In WW2 my spelling was used:

During World War II, four battles took place for control of the city:

First Battle of Kharkov
Second Battle of Kharkov
Third Battle of Kharkov
Fourth Battle of Kharkov (see also Operation Polkovodets Rumyantsev)

Offline Halo

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2019, 05:16:52 PM »
But it's not located in Russia.  Hence, it is now Kharkiv.  Just like the former Lemberg, no longer located in the Austro-Hungarian Empire, is now L'viv.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2019, 09:32:26 PM »
"The party of Ukrainian president - and ex-comedian - Volodymyr Zelensky is set to win a snap parliamentary election, consolidating his political power.

Exit polls suggest his Servant of the People party will have a majority in parliament - but may still need a coalition partner to form a government."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-49061504

I STILL can't decide if he's anyone's puppet - but this victory should certainly allow him to put his people in charge

What do others think ?

I think he answers to a Billionaire however that’s a Worldwide habit of Politicians.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2019, 09:39:26 PM »

Tell us more about this area that was SEIZED by Russia? The world media missed it. You might have a scoop...........

Newsflash! Russia is not the World.

The World media has frequently condemned Russia’s illegal land grab.

The World media is also pleased that sanctions against Russia are ongoing.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2019, 09:42:03 PM »
No comment on Kharkov?

Things changed since the 1600s.

Also known as Kharkov (Russian: Ха́рьков), Wiki tells us:

Quote from: Wiki
Since April 1780 it was an administrative centre of Kharkov uyezd.

In WW2 my spelling was used:

During World War II, four battles took place for control of the city:

First Battle of Kharkov
Second Battle of Kharkov
Third Battle of Kharkov
Fourth Battle of Kharkov (see also Operation Polkovodets Rumyantsev)

Ukraine is no longer in the Soviet Union nor joined at the hip to Russia.

Some people like to move on and make progress in life. Get over it.  :knit:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2019, 01:13:30 AM »

The world media miossed nothing .. Who were these guys stopping UA miltary personnel from entering their palce of work on a base shared - by a lease agreement - with Russia.. firing over their heads..

This denial issue you have .. it's getting worse

https://www.channel4.com/news/ukraine-crimea-russia-soldiers-belbek-shots-fired-video

"Crimea stand-off at Belbek airbase – subtitled video
Russian troops fire warning shots as unarmed Ukrainian troops march to Belbek airbase."

Note no identifying marks - these were the 'little green men' who the Kremlin Press secretary insited were not Russians ..

Then we had GRU - Russians - kicking off military unrest in Donbas - breaking open UA Police  Armouries - but foolishly speaking - revealing their origin ..

When Manny speaks of 'coups' and ignores that Yanu' was disavowed by his own polirtical party - for his plundering of states assets it's hilarious in it's amateur hour remoteness from reality ..

Yanu' is now in the land where power corrupts absolutely, but even HE maintains take Crimea was taken by force ..

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2019, 01:32:30 AM »

Newsflash! Russia is not the World.

The World media has frequently condemned Russia’s illegal land grab.

The World media is also pleased that sanctions against Russia are ongoing.

and the sanctions are wrong and my time here in crimea is fantastic. never seen so much happy people (restaurant owners. taxi drivers etc.)

the only problem for me is its too busy. cant have peace and quiet like i was used to pre-2017
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2019, 11:18:43 AM »

You haven't told us yet why Russian learning areas voting for Russian leaning parties is "worrying"?

It’s worrying Moby and his kind, who are reeling from a string of political losses across the board. If my ideology started falling like dominos, I too would be worried but I’d at least own up to who is worried.

He also made an interesting point, of which I can only assume to be true in Moby world. He said that to be in NATO, you have to be politically stable. Would that not rule out the UK and the Frogs? Or has he made this bit up to suit his agenda?

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2019, 11:44:50 AM »

It’s worrying Moby and his kind, who are reeling from a string of political losses across the board. If my ideology started falling like dominos, I too would be worried but I’d at least own up to who is worried.

He also made an interesting point, of which I can only assume to be true in Moby world. He said that to be in NATO, you have to be politically stable. Would that not rule out the UK and the Frogs? Or has he made this bit up to suit his agenda?

What he wrote about NATO is correct.

The current instability in the UK doesn’t matter because you’re already in.

It’s a rule that a country must be stable just prior to being allowed in.

Russia is clearly aware of this and it’s part of the reason they disrupted Donbas.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2019, 12:43:32 PM »
Russia absolutely did NOT disrupt Donbas. You probably were not keeping up when the thing kicked off, or prefer to use the fictionalised recall of your news/entertainment outlets, but the Russian government refused to allow the region to secede from Ukraine. The reason they gave, and it was valid then as now, is that there was inadequate support for secession within the populace of the region.

The people of Donbas did what they did for themselves and largely by themselves. It is Ukrainians dying in the region it is Ukrainians being shelled in their homes.

It is offensive that people like you, who can know better choose to not do so and contribute through feigned ignorance to the misery of millions of people.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2019, 12:49:45 PM »
Russia absolutely did NOT disrupt Donbas. You probably were not keeping up when the thing kicked off, or prefer to use the fictionalised recall of your news/entertainment outlets, but the Russian government refused to allow the region to secede from Ukraine. The reason they gave, and it was valid then as now, is that there was inadequate support for secession within the populace of the region.

The people of Donbas did what they did for themselves and largely by themselves. It is Ukrainians dying in the region it is Ukrainians being shelled in their homes.

It is offensive that people like you, who can know better choose to not do so and contribute through feigned ignorance to the misery of millions of people.

+1
OO===[][]===OO

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2019, 01:51:59 PM »
Sure Pinocchio’s.  :chuckle:

Russia was also well-aware of how the Russian and pro-Russian militants it was heavily arming and financing were using civilians.  Such methods were, in fact, useful for Russian propaganda which made no mention of the fact that the militants were shelling Ukrainian positions from residential areas, shouting only if Ukrainian soldiers returned fire.

http://khpg.org/en/index.php?id=1559081415

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2019, 02:17:52 PM »
Sure Pinocchio’s.  :chuckle:

Russia was also well-aware of how the Russian and pro-Russian militants it was heavily arming and financing were using civilians.  Such methods were, in fact, useful for Russian propaganda which made no mention of the fact that the militants were shelling Ukrainian positions from residential areas, shouting only if Ukrainian soldiers returned fire.

http://khpg.org/en/index.php?id=1559081415

even if you are right, a little thinking goes a long way.

pro russian guys werent military they were also civilians.

so the ukr army was shooting at its own ukr civilians (pro russia or not)
OO===[][]===OO

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2019, 01:20:04 AM »
Russia absolutely did NOT disrupt Donbas.

'Sure' .. the little green men didn't speak with a Leningradsky oblast accent and used a non local term for pavement ..when asking locals to stand back..

Your record for observation and ASSessment therein are 'stellar' ..

Registration