The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Armageddon?  (Read 13163 times)

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
Re: Armageddon?
« Reply #125 on: July 23, 2019, 07:26:30 PM »

Billy and others having a hard time keeping up.

There will be a meeting between Trump and Hassan Rouhani at some point. Bearing in mind that Hassan Rouhani is not the ultimate arbiter in Iran.

You think Trump would've met with the second most powerful man in North Korea if the 2nd most powerful man can't make decisions? Thanks for trying to keep me up on how the world and Trump works.
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #126 on: July 23, 2019, 07:32:10 PM »

Says the guy who was telling us the Brit tanker has tirned off her trackers and was behaving strangely ..

That scenario occured AFTER capture ..

Moby is correct, it seems the AIS indicates the tanker was in the correct channel zone and maintaining a safe speed and course. A fishing vessel as Markje indicates would be burdened.

It should be noted the Straits of Hormuz are perhaps the busiest and narrowest shipping lanes in the world.  Errors in navigation are expensive. In fact the English Channel is more busy but allot wider and deeper. Imagine the English Channel reduced to a quarter of width with a turn thrown in.

You need to reconfigure the landscape.  Deploy a massive tsunami that floods the tip of the area where Oman and UAE territory resides so the "bulge" is wiped off the map.   :chuckle:

Sorry I am not the Lord.  :laugh:
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online Wiz

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #127 on: July 24, 2019, 02:38:41 AM »
Let’s do that!

Blame Alexander and the damn Greeks:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Let’s leave Wiz out of it otherwise he’ll get the hump.  :chuckle:

On the contrary old boy....... Wiz is proud of his ancestors.

Take a read........ Thermopylae

Thermopylae ("hot gates") is a place in Greece where a narrow coastal passage existed in antiquity.

Thermopylae is world-famous for the battle that took place there between the Greek forces (notably the Spartans) and the invading Persian forces, commemorated by Simonides in the famous epitaph, "Go tell the Spartans, stranger passing by, That here obedient to their laws we lie."

Has your murderous tribe anything similar to show to the world?

:P :evilgrin0002:
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Online AvHdB

« Reply #128 on: July 24, 2019, 04:38:34 AM »
Let’s do that!

Thermopylae ("hot gates") is a place in Greece where a narrow coastal passage existed in antiquity.

Thermopylae is world-famous for the battle that took place there between the Greek forces (notably the Spartans) and the invading Persian forces, commemorated by Simonides in the famous epitaph, "Go tell the Spartans, stranger passing by, That here obedient to their laws we lie."

Sorry I may be mistaken, but don't you mean Leonidas I?

Online AvHdB

« Reply #129 on: July 24, 2019, 05:43:17 AM »
Let’s do that!

Wiz, Had a chance to read your links, I understand now where your reference to Simonides comes from. Thank you. Av

Online Wiz

« Reply #130 on: July 24, 2019, 06:17:18 AM »
Let’s do that!

Wiz, Had a chance to read your links, I understand now where your reference to Simonides comes from. Thank you. Av

Translating from the Ancient Greek language is extremely difficult, even for most current Greek students, as higher education schools do not teach that language any more...... it's only fore academics. The latest Government of Tsipras has a lot to answer for that. When I was at school we had lessons twice a week.

( I am using wikipedia to avoid any mistakes)

"Leonidas I was chosen to lead the combined Greek forces determined to resist the Second Persian invasion of Greece in 481 BC.

This was not simply a tribute to Sparta's military prowess: The coalition wanted Leonidas personally for his capability as a military leader.

This selection of Leonidas to lead the defense of Greece against Xerxes' invasion led to Leonidas' death in the Battle of Thermopylae in 480 BC."

Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #131 on: July 24, 2019, 04:11:07 PM »
Billy, you haven't noticed, maybe it was not on the news/entertainment media upon which you rely for programing but Trump has been involved in discussions of the sort you claim wouldn't happen. The issue arise with China and trade discussions where a document assumed to be authoritative was not. The authoritative document was supplied a few days after the meeting.

The outcome upset Trump mightily. Sadly nobody was aware of the way that Chinese culture handles negotiations.

In that case, President Xi spoke with Trump. Trump, knowing no better, thought he had the bestest, bigliest deal ever made by an American president and was embarrassed when he discovered that president Xi is not the final Chinese decision maker in Sino-US political and economic matters.

Now, this is something that I know about because I have relevant, first hand knowledge. That's more than was available to poor Mr Trump's advisors, none of whom seem to have had the relevant knowledge to hand. I bet that Manny knows about this, that the negotiations between parties mean nothing, even when one's counterpart seems to agree to something, that it is not the case. The final decision will be made away from the negotiating table by people who were not at the meeting. Often, of course, the negotiated outcome is followed through, but a seasoned hand knows to wait until he has received the documents from the other party to see what they actually agree to.

In Iran the president is not the highest level deciosn maker. In Iran it is the religious leadership that makes the final decision. In China, the ultimate decision maker is a committee of the Chinese Communist Party.

If Trump's advisors are reading this, my input here is freely offered in the interest of a peaceful outcome unmarred by uninformed speculation and reactions.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Manny

« Reply #132 on: July 24, 2019, 05:01:38 PM »
I bet that Manny knows about this, that the negotiations between parties mean nothing, even when one's counterpart seems to agree to something, that it is not the case. The final decision will be made away from the negotiating table by people who were not at the meeting. Often, of course, the negotiated outcome is followed through, but a seasoned hand knows to wait until he has received the documents from the other party to see what they actually agree to.

I had this with a deal recently. A firm price was agreed with the guy I met. A deposit was paid. Then he came back with excuses about a change in material/wrong quotation/was reviewed by a boss and [insert excuse here]. Top and bottom was $3 per item was now $4.20 per item. I think it was genuine but it still puts my item up a quid.

You play the face game. Face is a thing in China......

I knew that $3 was cheap, I'm not bothered if its $4.20 but not on the first run as I have to level out $20k tooling on the first run which on 3k items is $6.67 per item (I amortise tooling from the first run and not over the [unknown] life of the product as some do). So no - so you negotiate. Do my first 3k at $3 as first agreed (own your mistake), then we'll pay $4.20 on subsequent orders (yeah, we'll pay a bit more if the product is good coz next time we are not paying tooling as we own the moulds).

That way I save face getting my first price, he saves face getting his price next time (when my tooling is paid and I can discount $5+ anyway and still be ahead). So we all win and his discount to get the deal becomes more profit if and when we make a second order.

The Chinese are good at playing the long game. Play fair with them and they'll play fair with you.
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #133 on: July 24, 2019, 08:29:23 PM »
Sadly nobody was aware of the way that Chinese culture handles negotiations.

Sadly nobody was aware of the way Trump handles negotiations. Like Manny, our government also knows China makes a deal and at the last second, tries to negotiate. In the past, our previous presidents eager to make a deal gave in more at the end. Trump does not and increases tariffs as punishment. I'd be happy if we have no deal with China and let the tariffs remain high. I like to see more manufacturing go to Vietnam and other Asian nations to supply America's needs.
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #134 on: July 24, 2019, 09:49:15 PM »
Sadly nobody was aware of the way that Chinese culture handles negotiations.

Sadly nobody was aware of the way Trump handles negotiations. Like Manny, our government also knows China makes a deal and at the last second, tries to negotiate. In the past, our previous presidents eager to make a deal gave in more at the end. Trump does not and increases tariffs as punishment. I'd be happy if we have no deal with China and let the tariffs remain high. I like to see more manufacturing go to Vietnam and other Asian nations to supply America's needs.

:thumbsup:

* I am worried about farmers long term...

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #135 on: July 25, 2019, 02:46:02 AM »
Here's the problem Billy and others who don't understand cultural stuff.

Nobody expects much of you in terms of comprehension and cultural awareness, but Trump's advisors, these are people who should be at the top of their game. They should know this stuff. They should know how the decision-making process works with all their negotiating partners/adversaries.

How badly served is Trump, and by extension, all inhabitants of Retardistan, when he and his team do not have the knowledge of China and Iran that a Middle-aged bloke whose only experience of the Chinese and Iranian situation is a short while spent in the relevant environment, a few personal contacts, a few classes on cross-cultural negotiation and the ability to read.

Is somebody like Manny or me really so much better informed than the advisors available to Donald Trump, the Leader  Of The Free World and president of the people of The Land Of The Free?

What has happened to to you poor dears?

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #136 on: July 25, 2019, 02:59:36 AM »

Is somebody like Manny or me really so much better informed than the advisors available to Donald Trump, the Leader  Of The Free World and president of the people of The Land Of The Free?

Do you seriously want an answer to that given your serial howlers and copying nonsense from Iranian media that was twaddle ?

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online Wiz

« Reply #137 on: July 25, 2019, 05:24:08 AM »
Here's the problem Billy and others who don't understand cultural stuff.

Nobody expects much of you in terms of comprehension and cultural awareness, but Trump's advisors, these are people who should be at the top of their game. They should know this stuff. They should know how the decision-making process works with all their negotiating partners/adversaries.

How badly served is Trump, and by extension, all inhabitants of Retardistan, when he and his team do not have the knowledge of China and Iran that a Middle-aged bloke whose only experience of the Chinese and Iranian situation is a short while spent in the relevant environment, a few personal contacts, a few classes on cross-cultural negotiation and the ability to read.

What has happened to to you poor dears?

:evilgrin0002:

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #138 on: July 25, 2019, 06:24:04 AM »
Billy, who do you think owns many of those 'Vietnamese' factories? WHo do you think supplies them with raw materials and components?

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #139 on: July 25, 2019, 05:16:40 PM »
I know that this may be  :offtopic:, but given that it addresses the end of the world, it must be proclaimed.

My law will prove the reason for global warming that is occurring now on earth is due to an increase in kinetic energy in the earth's core, not caused by carbon dioxide.  Some organizations like Paris Convention on Climate Change, and intergovernmental Panel On Climate Change (IPCC) claim that carbon dioxide emission is the cause of climate changes such as global warming.  I will prove that this is a fraud.
Currently rapid rising global warming energy is creating a synergistic effect to accelerate kinetic energy inside the earth's core.  As a result, the rising kinetic energy inside the earth's core will be reaching its maximum at about 2060 and eventually explode.
The massive explosive energy generated inside the earth divides only one powerful earth's magnetic field into several  small and weak magnetic fields.  As a result, the earth's magnetic field disappears by more than 95 percent.  From this point, the creatures on earth begin to meet extinction by solar radiation.  In addition, a massive explosion generated inside the earth vibrates the entire planet.  That vibration makes massive earthquakes, tsunamis, hurricanes, extreme temperature differences, typhoons, and heavy snowstorms which will devastate all of the earth. 
Dinosaurs, like humankind today, didn't know that a frozen age must start after a global warming processes rapidly.  So as the frozen age had started, they died out without preparation.  Humankind should not go the same path as dinosaurs.  From now, on, human beings must realize mass extinction is just around the corner.  It would best to buy my copyright and prepare for extinction.
I will sell my Law of Birth of the Solar System copyright for $20,000,000,000.
:money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :king:

Note that the year 2060 is the same year that Sir Isaac Newton predicted the end of the world.   :nod:
The copyright is owned by M&M Co. Ltd.    Note that this is not Mars chocolate company.   :chuckle:
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline BillyB

« Reply #140 on: July 25, 2019, 10:31:19 PM »
* I am worried about farmers long term...

Trump is giving them welfare money earned from the increased tariffs. It doesn't benefit government or taxpayers if they go bankrupt.

Hey! You could say that about past presidents but Trump and his advisors are doing a better job. Economy is great and unemployment is almost non existent. Trump is negotiating trade deals all over the world. If China doesn't negotiate, we'll get our products somewhere else.

Billy, who do you think owns many of those 'Vietnamese' factories? WHo do you think supplies them with raw materials and components?

It doesn't matter if China owns all the Vietnamese factories. Trump is trying to get manufacturing out of China and increase their unemployment which hurts their economy. The longer China doesn't make a deal with Trump, the more factories leave and won't take the Chinese worker with them.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #141 on: April 10, 2020, 05:05:22 AM »
World wars are needed to cull populations.. there is no other way, can't use sterilization to many liberals will be moaning.. :laugh:

So I would guess another one will be on the way any day soon..

When it happens Im still planning to be around!! What about this forum? I hope so as it will create a few interesting threads ::

How long does radiation sickness last?
my leg has stated to rot ?
Is it safe to eat the bread?
My sitting room has 20cm of some funny dust is it ok to vacuum it up?
I can't seem to get a connection with aunty flow in California what could be the problem?

Looks like a few old threads were nearly spot on last summer and who would off thought the world would be at a standstill last summer!!
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
Is Iran next?
« Reply #142 on: April 30, 2024, 06:28:13 AM »
I thought I'd post this here, rather than start a new thread.

Reading the news this morning, I noticed a shift. Quite a lot of media attention on Iran and the current sitting government, all negative of course. Now I'm certainly not suggesting that the supreme leader or the Islamic Republic are particularly nice people and Iranian's almost certainly deserve better, but is our media weaving its magic in a pre courser to yet another conflict? We know that much of the legacy media is complicit with our governments when it comes to foreign affairs, this is nothing new - see Ukraine.

From sky news this morning;

"Women join Iran's 'ambassadors of kindness' who snatch other women from the streets"

https://news.sky.com/story/videos-show-iranian-women-being-snatched-from-the-streets-by-other-women-under-the-cover-of-war-with-israel-13122087

A fairly lengthy article telling tales of poor young ladies being snatched off the streets and beaten for not dressing modestly enough. Apparently jeans and a hijab isn't enough for the moral police anymore. Do I agree with that......certainly not. Then the attire discussing articles turns towards Iran attacking Isreal and how they not only have "a war at home".

Is this the beginning of the education programme which goes before the invasion, justifying and gaining public support for yet another tax payer funded war abroad?

Offline Manny

« Reply #143 on: April 30, 2024, 12:18:17 PM »
Well, they flirted some missiles at the US's favourite cohort, Israel, so they are surely in the sights now.
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.