The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Royal Marines seize tanker in Giblartar  (Read 2058 times)

Offline Wiz

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Royal Marines seize tanker in Giblartar
« on: July 05, 2019, 12:48:03 AM »
Iran fury as Royal Marines seize tanker
suspected of carrying oil to Syria

MAY'S last action before she goes to obscurity!

Royal Marines have helped seize an Iranian supertanker suspected of carrying oil to Syria off the coast of Gibraltar, escalating tensions between the UK and Tehran as the agreement aimed at halting Iran’s nuclear programme unravels.

A detachment of nearly 30 British troops working with the Gibraltarian police intercepted the vessel, believed to be carrying 2m barrels of oil, in a dramatic manoeuvre Spain said had been conducted at the request of the US.

Tehran responded by summoning Britain’s ambassador to its foreign ministry to explain what it described as an “illegal seizure”, which had been earlier described by the UK as enforcing the EU’s sanctions regime against Syria.

READ MORE HERE: Royal Marines seize tanker in Giblartar
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
Re: Royal Marines seize tanker in Giblartar
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 03:31:50 AM »
That does not make any sense at all.

If you look at a map, syria/irak/iran are all close neighbours. Do they fear terrorism so much that they are unwilling to build a pipeline through Syria? I'd imagine Irak is pretty safe.

About the seizure: Looks like the ship entered gibraltian waters as a mistake/defiance ? Then they came under Spains juristiction and they could legally hold the tanker.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 04:40:51 PM »
This is how you carry out oil embargoes for the present times.   :chuckle:
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 05:33:38 PM »
What a relief that it was the Royal Marines and Spain that seized the Iranian Oil Tanker because if it had been the USA good old Wizzbanger the knee jerk Marxist reactionary would be threatening a Hamas Hezbollah Islamist Communist INVASION of the USA by the "EU ARMY".
 :whistle:

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2019, 02:21:36 AM »
This is how you carry out oil embargoes for the present times.   :chuckle:

No, this is Europe not respecting other countries sovereignty.
That they justify it with 'embargo' is tragic.
OO===[][]===OO

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2019, 02:34:11 AM »

If you look at a map, syria/irak/iran are all close neighbours. Do they fear terrorism so much that they are unwilling to build a pipeline through Syria? I'd imagine Irak is pretty safe.

About the seizure: Looks like the ship entered gibraltian waters as a mistake/defiance ? Then they came under Spains juristiction and they could legally hold the tanker.

Iran and Syria have announced plans for a rail line from Iran, across to the port of Latakia on the Mediterranean.

There's no 'legally' about this. The sanctions are not from the UN, this was piracy carried out under the fig leaf of legality. For context, back in the days of Elizabeth the First of England, piracy was illegal. The English Government decided to authorise piracy, as long as the priates paid the Crown a percentage of the booty gained. These 'legal' pirates were called Privateers and they preyed, in the main, upon Spanish and French vessels. Do you think that any of the ships attacked by these Privateers thought that the attackers were anything other than the pirates they had been before the Queen of England signed a document?

The victims of such piracy, of course, fought back as was their duty and right.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2019, 02:36:17 AM »
Btw, i would have thought at least 1 of you guys commented by now:

Where the hell is Giblartar? It sounds close to Gibraltar, a narrow straight between Morocco and Spain but no.
OO===[][]===OO

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2019, 02:37:39 AM »
Sorry, didn't notice.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Wiz

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2019, 02:41:00 AM »

Markj

After the Terrorist state of the USA, together with its allies UK and France invaded and destroyed Iraq, the then FM Hillary Clinton, realised that they have to build a pipe line from Qatar to the MED, asked permission from Syria and was refused.....

Syria always has been a friend of USSR & Russia.....and the current ruler, Bashar A  Assad was born in Damascus on 11 September 1965 and is the second oldest son of Anisa Makhlouf and Hafez al-Assad.Assad. Syria always  was supported by USSR & Russia especially with their wars against Israhell. In exchange the Syrians has been given them permission and Allowed Russia to operate the Khmeimim Air Base - Syria especially after the well known Yimon Kipur war. 

On 6 October 1973, hoping to win back territory lost to Israhel during the third Arab-Israeli war, in 1967, Egyptian and Syrian forces launched a coordinated attack against Israel on Yom Kippur, the holiest day in the Jewish calendar.
Kissinger organised an Airbridge and offered support to Israhel and finally the war was won by the Israhell with the US Support. I expect you have been following the comments and actions of teh Mafia President of the USA, " D. TRAMP". First jerusalem rcognision, then comments that teh Golan Hights belong to Israhel and soon complete obliteration of the Palestinians by the Israhel, acting with complete impunity.

I will remind you the comments made by the US General Wesley Clark Global Warfare: “We’re Going to Take out 7 Countries in 5 Years: Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan & Iran..”

I am sure you know what happen with all above countries...... and Now the Mafia Don is playing the last cards on behalf of Israhell and prepare the Americans for a WWIII to destroy Iran., so the Greater Israhel Plan to take place.

Read here: “Greater Israel”: The Zionist Plan for the Middle East

All I have to say is that of course the Russians have their own interests in mind and help Syria........ but take into consideration that Iran has to export around 600.000 barrels daily to survive and with the American sanctions they only managed 200.000. Of course our complete useless PM made a final present to her MAC friend and the Jews who kept her in Power.........and us in the UK will have to pay for it!.

Don't pay any attention to the crap comments coming out from the NY Shysters....and their Bosses from Israhel and the Zionist trolls on this board!

Check Yandex,,,,,,, I just heard that the Iranians will retaliate against any UK boat ..... Hot summer is coming.

[TOS violation removed]

Sorry Markj for the delay replying but I have some important jobs to do to help my son with his holidays in Greece.

Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline Wiz

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2019, 10:39:08 AM »
Something else to listen........

UK & EU do as U.S. orders
seizing oil tanker en route to Syria

Registration