The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: marriage agency scams  (Read 3781 times)

Offline andrew99

• Trips: 1-5
marriage agency scams
« on: June 22, 2019, 10:04:31 PM »
Hi how up to date is this site?

It evens  says elenors models is  scam

http://marriage-agencies-scams.net/

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
  • Trips: 20+
Re: marriage agency scams
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2019, 03:39:55 AM »
Hi how up to date is this site?

It evens  says elenors models is  scam

http://marriage-agencies-scams.net/

Elena's models was a good website until the owners sold it off. I cannot recommend it because I have no experience with it since the new ownership.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline andrew99

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2019, 07:26:36 AM »
so is this website credible?

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2019, 11:06:48 AM »
It looks like a rehash of a site that used to be run by a bloke called Jim. It is full of similar spelling mistakes.

Sites like that are usually affiliate sites or shill sites for other sites.

You’ll get better advice here.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2019, 05:29:37 AM »
It looks like a rehash of a site that used to be run by a bloke called Jim. It is full of similar spelling mistakes.

Sites like that are usually affiliate sites or shill sites for other sites.

You’ll get better advice here.

Was Jim's advice 'bad' ..... ?   I know a few people who make spelling howlers who's advice on dating I'd trust over some on here..
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Manny

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2019, 04:44:40 PM »
Was Jim's advice 'bad' ..... ?

Yes and no. Much of it was broadly accurate. Some wasn't. He wasn't too hot on declaring who were the affiliates that funded the site as advertising wasn't open, it was hidden in affiliate links. He was closed down by an American court in the end. For a reason.

The whole subject of a "scam" site is subjective. As most men dont get on a plane, the implied requirement for most women to be as advertised becomes grey. Many blokes are happy with paid "chat" which many sites provide.

The Russian bride industry doesn't earn money from people marrying. And indeed very few do. So the odd bride hunter screaming "scam" about a site that fulfills the purpose for 95% of its users (fantasy and titillation) is a voice in the dark.

Jim's site served its purpose to those it targeted back in the day on some levels. To rehash it in the era of FB, OK, VK, Messenger, Skype, WeChat, et al seems a bit old hat.

But when is a "scam site" not a scam for most of its users is a subject not often discussed.

I suspect the OP is an Australian based fellow that was believed to drive a Jag. It's a decade later and he is still posing he same questions. Go figure.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2019, 05:21:18 PM »
There are plenty of scam sites on the internet -  Investing sites, auction sites, pharmaceutical sites, knock-off sites, tax filing prep sites, etc.  It is not relegated to one industry.  They all need to get some revenue and it may as well be from you.   :chuckle:
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2019, 02:23:24 AM »

Yes and no. Much of it was broadly accurate. Some wasn't. He wasn't too hot on declaring who were the affiliates that funded the site as advertising wasn't open, it was hidden in affiliate links. He was closed down by an American court in the end. For a reason.

What reason ?  He was being sponsored by a competitor to the plaintiff ?;)

The whole subject of a "scam" site is subjective. As most men dont get on a plane, the implied requirement for most women to be as advertised becomes grey. Many blokes are happy with paid "chat" which many sites provide.

The Russian bride industry doesn't earn money from people marrying. And indeed very few do. So the odd bride hunter screaming "scam" about a site that fulfills the purpose for 95% of its users (fantasy and titillation) is a voice in the dark.

Jim's site served its purpose to those it targeted back in the day on some levels. To rehash it in the era of FB, OK, VK, Messenger, Skype, WeChat, et al seems a bit old hat.

But when is a "scam site" not a scam for most of its users is a subject not often discussed.

Sites  like AD still exist and guys STILL think they are paying to read the response of  the  lass in the photo :(

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Manny

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2019, 10:01:22 AM »

What reason ?  He was being sponsored by a competitor to the plaintiff ?;)

I discussed the case with the plaintiff at the time. I know why they won and I know the case details. How much of it was public I'm not sure so I'll not be broadcasting the minutiae here (and nor will you). The point being Jim's old Agency Scams site was closed down by a court, because the court found in favour of the plaintiff and upheld their complaint.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2019, 03:02:29 AM »
Jim's site network , and its successors, were a long established, but almost always dishonest affiliate scheme. Jim's variation lasted longer than most but flamed out in a rather more spectacular manner.

The trick he and others use is to masquerade as a champion of the people while funneling eyeballs to the very businesses being berated. This is a technique often used by neophyte affiliate marketers but usually fails because the audience soon realises the inherent dishonesty of the proposition. Lonely American men seem to have been a special, and more gullible, case given that they never seemed to cotton on to the strategy. As a result the sites closed down due to principalled action against the sites by an industry vendor rather than from indifference from the target audience.

For those who still harbour regrets at the passing of Jim's sites, remember this: it only takes one lie to break trust and render valueless all other statements from that source. Jim lied much, much, more than once.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2019, 09:51:31 AM »
Every site is a scam site!!

If a 70 year old guy chats to a 25 year old bitch and she asks for money IT IS A SCAM SITE

You can never keep everyone happy and there is always plenty of idiots to shout SCAM SITE

The funny thing is most of these guys who shout scam site would be imprisoned in their own country for grooming teenagers..

The truth is 90% of men who shout Scam site have only them selves to blame.. and it is not even worth trying to educate them as most have their brain between their legs.. :laugh:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Registration