The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Assange arrested in London - April 2019  (Read 2126 times)

Online redroo

• Spouses Country: FSU
  • Trips: Semi-Resident
Re: Assange arrested in London - April 2019
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2019, 12:27:49 AM »
https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/how-you-can-be-certain-that-the-us-charge-against-assange-is-fraudulent-8eb0caa1c4f6?fbclid=IwAR025Opze6IfSCd_MFU6Iq9RsDuhm72jSdtLqxV7hy8VPVoieGYi-GOkNdA

How You Can Be Certain That The US Charge Against Assange Is Fraudulent

Caitlin Johnstone
Apr 11

Julian Assange sits in a jail cell today after being betrayed by the Ecuadorian government and his home country of Australia. A British judge named Michael Snow has found the WikiLeaks founder guilty of violating bail conditions, inserting himself into the annals of history by labeling Assange “a narcissist who cannot get beyond his own selfish interest.” So that tells you how much of a fair and impartial legal proceeding we can expect to see from the British judicial process on this matter.

But the real reason that Assange has been surrendered by the Ecuadorian government, imprisoned by the British government, and ignored by the Australian government is not directly related to any of those governments, but to that of the United States of America. An unsealed indictment from the Trump administration’s District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, accompanied by an extradition request, charges Assange with “conspiracy to commit computer intrusion for agreeing to break a password to a classified U.S. government computer” during Chelsea Manning’s 2010 leak of government documents exposing US war crimes.

This charge is premised on a fraudulent and manipulative distortion of reality, and you may be one hundred percent certain of it. Let me explain.

You can be absolutely certain that this charge is bogus because it isn’t based on any new information. The facts of the case have not changed, the information hasn’t changed, only the narrative has changed. In 2010 the United States opened a secret grand jury in Virginia to investigate whether Assange and WikiLeaks could be prosecuted for the publication of the Manning leaks, and then-Attorney General Eric Holder announced that the Obama administration was conducting “an active, ongoing criminal investigation’’ into the matter. The Trump administration has not turned up any new evidence that the Obama administration was unable to find in this active, ongoing criminal investigation (US government surveillance has surely acquired some new tricks since 2010, but time travel isn’t one of them), and indeed it does not claim to have turned up any new evidence.

“There’s a huge myth being misreported about today’s indictment of Assange,” journalist Glenn Greenwald tweeted today. “The claim that Assange tried to help Manning circumvent a password to cover her tracks isn’t new. The Obama DOJ knew about it since 2011, but chose not to prosecute him. Story on this soon.”

“Holder chose not to prosecute Assange based on the same info Trump DOJ cited,” Greenwald added.

“The weakness of the US charge against Assange is shocking,” tweeted NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden. “The allegation he tried (and failed?) to help crack a password during their world-famous reporting has been public for nearly a decade: it is the count Obama’s DOJ refused to charge, saying it endangered journalism.”

This is all information that the Obama administration had access to (journalist Tim Shorrock observed that the alleged 2010 correspondence between Assange and Manning “looks like it came straight from NSA surveillance” of the two), yet it chose not to do what the Trump administration is currently doing because it would endanger press freedoms. This means that nothing has changed since that time besides (A) the fact that there is now a more overtly tyrannical administration in place, and (B) the fact that the public has been paced into accepting the prosecution of Assange by years of establishment propaganda.

Last year, after it was revealed that the Trump administration was seeking Assange’s arrest, Greenwald wrote the following:

“The Obama DOJ — despite launching notoriously aggressive attacks on press freedoms — recognized this critical principle when it came to WikiLeaks. It spent years exploring whether it could criminally charge Assange and WikiLeaks for publishing classified information. It ultimately decided it would not do so, and could not do so, consistent with the press freedom guarantee of the First Amendment. After all, the Obama DOJ concluded, such a prosecution would pose a severe threat to press freedom because there would be no way to prosecute Assange for publishing classified documents without also prosecuting the New York Times, the Washington Post, the Guardian and others for doing exactly the same thing.”

Nothing has changed since 2010 apart from a more thoroughly propagandized populace and a more depraved US government, which means that this new charge that the Trump administration issued in December 2017 is based on nothing other than a diminished respect for press freedoms and an increased willingness to crush them. This makes it fraudulent and illegitimate, and the precedent that is being set by it should be rejected and opposed by everyone in the world who claims to support the existence of a free press which is capable of holding power to account.

So what are we left with? We’re left with the US government filing criminal charges against a journalist (and Assange is indisputably a journalist) for protecting his source and encouraging his source to obtain more material, both of which are things that journalists do all the time.

“While the indictment against Julian Assange disclosed today charges a conspiracy to commit computer crimes, the factual allegations against Mr. Assange boil down to encouraging a source to provide him information and taking efforts to protect the identity of that source,” said Assange lawyer Barry J Pollack in a statement today. “Journalists around the world should be deeply troubled by these unprecedented criminal charges.”

“There are parts of the indictment that are clearly designed to criminalize things journalists routinely do,” Greenwald told CNN. “Part of the accusation is that [Assange] encouraged Chelsea Manning to provide him with more documents than the original batch that she gave him, which is something that as a journalist I’ve done many times with my sources, that journalists do every day. They say ‘Oh thanks for this document, maybe you could get me this?’ They also say that he helped her to essentially cover her tracks by giving her advice about how to get this information without being detected. The only thing in the indictment, and it’s very vague, is a suggestion that he tried to help her circumvent a password; it didn’t seem to be successful, but it’s unclear whether that was designed to get documents or to simply help her cover her tracks. But either way it’s clearly a threat to the First Amendment, because it criminalizes core journalistic functions.”

In an article for Rolling Stone titled “Why the Assange Arrest Should Scare Reporters”, journalist Matt Taibbi writes that “The meatier parts of the indictment speak more to normal journalistic practices.”

“Reporters have extremely complicated relationships with sources, especially whistleblower types like Manning, who are often under extreme stress and emotionally vulnerable,” Taibbi writes. “At different times, you might counsel the same person both for and against disclosure. It’s proper to work through all the reasons for action in any direction, including weighing the public’s interest, the effect on the source’s conscience and mental health, and personal and professional consequences. For this reason, placing criminal penalties on a prosecutor’s interpretation of such interactions will likely put a scare into anyone involved with national security reporting going forward.”

The Espionage Act has not at this time been employed to prosecute Assange as many have speculated it might, and the computer crimes he’s been charged with carry a maximum sentence of five years. But this does not mean that further far more serious charges cannot be added once Assange is imprisoned on American soil, especially after his guilt in the Manning leaks has been made official government dogma following the conspiracy conviction.

“In my opinion this charging Assange with a lower-level crime (not espionage) is a trick that would allow the UK to extradite him to the US with ‘no threat of capital punishment’ only to have US prosecutors do what they always do: pile on charges,” tweeted Daniel McAdams of the Ron Paul Liberty Report, referring to assurances sought by the UK and Ecuador that Assange would not face the death penalty if extradited to the United States for the conspiracy charge.

Either way, this is a cataclysmic threat to press freedoms, and the time to act is now. The US government’s arbitrarily gifting itself the right to use fraudulent distortions to imprison anyone in the world who publishes facts about it will chill any attempts to do so in the future, and poses a far greater threat to press freedoms than anything we’ve seen in our lives. Anyone who sits idly by while this happens is signing over the sovereign right of every human being on this planet to hold power to account, and anyone calling themselves a journalist who does anything other than unequivocally oppose this move is confessing that they are a state propagandist. This is an intolerable plunge toward Orwellian dystopia, and is an assault on human dignity itself.

It’s time to shake the earth and refuse to let them cross this line. Enough is enough.

Roar, humans. Roar.

Everyone has my unconditional permission to republish or use any part of this work (or anything else I’ve written) in any way they like free of charge. My work is entirely reader-supported, so if you enjoyed this piece please consider sharing it around, liking me on Facebook, following my antics on Twitter, throwing some money into my hat on Patreon or Paypal, purchasing some of my sweet merchandise, buying my new book Rogue Nation: Psychonautical Adventures With Caitlin Johnstone, or my previous book Woke: A Field Guide for Utopia Preppers. The best way to get around the internet censors and make sure you see the stuff I publish is to subscribe to the mailing list for my website, which will get you an email notification for everything I publish. For more info on who I am, where I stand, and what I’m trying to do with this platform, click here.

Online Wiz

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2019, 02:32:24 AM »
Hi Redroo

Excellent article......by the ROGUE JOURNALIST

https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/how-you-can-be-certain-that-the-us-charge-against-assange-is-fraudulent-8eb0caa1c4f6?fbclid=IwAR025Opze6IfSCd_MFU6Iq9RsDuhm72jSdtLqxV7hy8VPVoieGYi-GOkNdA

How You Can Be Certain That
The US Charge Against Assange Is Fraudulent

Caitlin Johnstone 11 Apr 2019

Everyone has my unconditional permission to republish or use any part of this work (or anything else I’ve written) in any way they like free of charge

My work is entirely reader-supported, so if you enjoyed this piece please consider sharing it around, liking me on Facebook, following my antics on Twitter, throwing some money into my hat on Patreon or Paypal, purchasing some of my sweet merchandise, buying my new book Rogue Nation: Psychonautical Adventures With Caitlin Johnstone, or my previous book Woke: A Field Guide for Utopia Preppers. The best way to get around the internet censors and make sure you see the stuff I publish is to subscribe to the mailing list for my website, which will get you an email notification for everything I publish. For more info on who I am, where I stand, and what I’m trying to do with this platform, click here.

I hope you don't mind me adding the necessary links to avoid silly comments made by some people who have very little to offer to our discussions on this board.

It is pretty clear that the American Empire is going fast downhill and it's current Mafia Representative, President Tramp, has been shown to the rest of the world what to expect from the dying Giant!

tiphat

Online msmoby

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2019, 07:08:40 AM »
What is clear is that Assange is in UK custody and a good case must be made for extradition..

Interesting that the Swedes may be considering resurrecting the sexual assault charges and they will almost not extradite Assange to the US.

Any loss of US influence is mainly down to their President...who seems to forget about who wikileaks are..

Perhaps, Assange got a little too close to the Kremlin and there might be a juicy story, yet.....!

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2019, 12:47:29 PM »
He took legal action against Ecuador last year because he didn't like their house rules. Last month Wikileaks released Ecuador's president emails, phone communications expense receipts, and photos of his family which has led to the president getting investigated for corruption.

It's safe to say Assange doesn't know how to be a good house guest, bit off the hand that fed him, and has worn out his welcome. He'll end up being somebody's prison bitch.

Things are unlikely to be as you think Billy: https://defend.wikileaks.org/2019/04/03/ecuador-twists-embarrassing-ina-papers-into-pretext-to-oust-assange/

...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Manny

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2019, 03:48:06 PM »
I suspect the UK Government will allow his extradition, and the Australian Government not seek to intervene on behalf of it's citizen.  Ecuador will soon announce a massive US Aid package  :rouble-smile:  :whist11:

This.

Offline Manny

« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2019, 04:04:43 PM »
What is clear is that Assange is in UK custody and a good case must be made for extradition.

What nonsense. All we will see now is box ticking masking the underlying US corruption. It’s all a done deal and he will end up in some horrendous US jail like Terre Haute until his death.

The US wants to make sure that other journalists don’t publish inconvenient facts.

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2019, 11:44:29 PM »
He took legal action against Ecuador last year because he didn't like their house rules. Last month Wikileaks released Ecuador's president emails, phone communications expense receipts, and photos of his family which has led to the president getting investigated for corruption.

It's safe to say Assange doesn't know how to be a good house guest, bit off the hand that fed him, and has worn out his welcome. He'll end up being somebody's prison bitch.

Things are unlikely to be as you think Billy: https://defend.wikileaks.org/2019/04/03/ecuador-twists-embarrassing-ina-papers-into-pretext-to-oust-assange/

The Defend Wikileaks website shows Wikileaks tweet providing a link to the INA papers that accuse the president is running a criminal organization. Why tweet it if they don't believe it?

Everybody can debate what role Wikileaks played but it's clear they Tweeted info that is damaging to the leader of a nation that houses and feeds Assange. Anybody that insults me in my house will get kicked out of my house. That's what normal people do to rude people. That's what Ecuador did.

Assange has a reputation of ratting people and nations out. He has supporters but no friends left to help him. Ecuador was his last friend that could take care of him. He blew it.

Online msmoby

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2019, 12:12:14 AM »

What is clear is that Assange is in UK custody and a good case must be made for extradition.

What nonsense. All we will see now is box ticking masking the underlying US corruption. It’s all a done deal and he will end up in some horrendous US jail like Terre Haute until his death.

The US wants to make sure that other journalists don’t publish inconvenient facts.

This concern is amusing ..
Normally, you'd suggest this was 'fuzzy, liberal, Guardian -reader thinking'..

Your concern for Assange is intriguing..

Online Wiz

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2019, 03:03:41 AM »

The Defend Wikileaks website shows Wikileaks tweet providing a link to the INA papers that accuse the president is running a criminal organization. Why tweet it if they don't believe it?

Everybody can debate what role Wikileaks played but it's clear they Tweeted info that is damaging to the leader of a nation that houses and feeds Assange. Anybody that insults me in my house will get kicked out of my house. That's what normal people do to rude people. That's what Ecuador did.

Assange has a reputation of ratting people and nations out. He has supporters but no friends left to help him. Ecuador was his last friend that could take care of him. He blew it.

BillyB

Have you bothered to read all the info in that site, search and check very close the necessary  information?

Have you wonder why, as you say, wikiLeaks made that tweet ?

Of course it had nothing to do with your current Mafia representative, President Tramp!  :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

I understand there was no problem between Julian Assange and the previous President, President Rafael Correa. Problems started when the current president Lenin Moreno won a narrow victory in Ecuador's on 2 April 2017 because, according to Wikipedia,

after his election, Moreno radically shifted his political stance, breaking with Correa's legacy and making radical changes to both internal and foreign policy.

I think redroo put it correctly in a nutshell:

I suspect the UK Government will allow his extradition, and the Australian Government not seek to intervene on behalf of it's citizen.  Ecuador will soon announce a massive US Aid package  :rouble-smile:  :whist11:

AndrewsF posts covered the subject correctly too!

I would suggest you consider watching or read some different channels of your usual ones......then you can make your own opinion, what would you do in his position!

Of course he did not come to your house for a friendly drink..... and insulted your wife........ as it happens his life is on the line, NOT yours or Mine.

Just think.... 7 years in a small room without access to the outside world?

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2019, 07:19:16 AM »
The aid package was announced on the same day as Assange's arrest - not even a fig leaf of plausible deniability was allowed to Ecuador. Not only was the Ecuadorian government bought and paid for but they were humiliated by their buyer.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2019, 11:23:44 AM »
and how did the uk police know the exact time and date assange was let go?

did they still have 24x7 surveillance?
You can change anything in life, but a BMW only for a BMW
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline BillyB

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2019, 01:46:04 PM »
The aid package was announced on the same day as Assange's arrest - not even a fig leaf of plausible deniability was allowed to Ecuador. Not only was the Ecuadorian government bought and paid for but they were humiliated by their buyer.

Money makes the world go around. The previous Ecuadorean Communist president took in Assange to piss off America. Cost Ecuador money to support Assange.

Before Assange got the boot, Assange took legal action against Ecuador last year and this year Wikileaks promoted damaging material on the current president of Ecuador. The aid package was the icing on the cake. In the past, America gave Ecuador aid until they housed Assange. The aid they gave back then had nothing to do with giving up Assange.

Assange is stupid. Period. He has lived a life where he depends on others to survive. In an effort to release every nations secrets, he burned bridges and made enemies.

Doesn't really matter if one thinks Assange is good or bad, did right or wrong. The rules in life are clear and if one did what Assange did, people and nations will be coming after that person.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2019, 01:47:22 PM »

From what I remember reading, the UK always provided two police officers 24/7 waiting for the day Assange was released. Cost UK a bunch of money.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2019, 03:24:11 PM »

From what I remember reading, the UK always provided two police officers 24/7 waiting for the day Assange was released. Cost UK a bunch of money.

Big investment, for something that was essentially just 'failing to show up' on a court-date of a case brought by a foreign country that is not that important.

I would hope they will invest that much money on other cases on the same merit, they might match the Japanese police force then with an impressive 90% crime-solved-criminal-arrested rate.
You can change anything in life, but a BMW only for a BMW
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2019, 05:49:02 PM »
In a most unusual, apparently illegal, move, the Ecuadorian government invited the police in to arrest Assange. That's apparently illegal because there's a process to be followed in withdrawing political asylum and citizenship that were not followed.

The British government knew in advance of what was going to happen, they were a part of the process.

Offline Confederate

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2019, 05:56:48 PM »

Money makes the world go around. The previous Ecuadorean Communist president took in Assange to piss off America. Cost Ecuador money to support Assange.

Before Assange got the boot, Assange took legal action against Ecuador last year and this year Wikileaks promoted damaging material on the current president of Ecuador. The aid package was the icing on the cake. In the past, America gave Ecuador aid until they housed Assange. The aid they gave back then had nothing to do with giving up Assange.

Assange is stupid. Period. He has lived a life where he depends on others to survive. In an effort to release every nations secrets, he burned bridges and made enemies.

Doesn't really matter if one thinks Assange is good or bad, did right or wrong. The rules in life are clear and if one did what Assange did, people and nations will be coming after that person.

Assange helped to release top secret information which put the USA in a very bad light so he will spend the rest of his life in prison.

Do that against Russia and you’ll be gunned down outside the Kremlin, killed in a gun battle on the sidewalk in Kiev or get a nice dose of lethal radiation in your hot tea. :biggrin:
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. P. J. O'Rourke

Offline BillyB

« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2019, 06:55:09 PM »

Big investment, for something that was essentially just 'failing to show up' on a court-date of a case brought by a foreign country that is not that important.

I would hope they will invest that much money on other cases on the same merit, they might match the Japanese police force then with an impressive 90% crime-solved-criminal-arrested rate.

Assange's supporters put up 240,000 Pounds for bail money. UK gets to keep it so it helps with costs of going after Assange.

Assange helped to release top secret information which put the USA in a very bad light so he will spend the rest of his life in prison.

Do that against Russia and you’ll be gunned down outside the Kremlin, killed in a gun battle on the sidewalk in Kiev or get a nice dose of lethal radiation in your hot tea. :biggrin:

Assange had a tv show on RT. He was careful not to disclose Russia's secrets. The new president of Ecuador allowed Assange to remain at the embassy as long as he didn't get involved in their politics. Early last year, Ecuador granted Assange citizenship. The honeymoon is over since Assange took legal action against Ecuador for their house rules and Wikileaks Tweeted a link to bad stuff on the Ecuadorean president.

Assange is more focused going after Western nations instead of Russia and friends. Probably why UK wanted him locked up for a very long time as the UK is one of his targets. If he was leaking secrets on Russia, UK and America would applaud and Russia would be after him.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2019, 07:08:20 PM »
In a most unusual, apparently illegal, move, the Ecuadorian government invited the police in to arrest Assange. That's apparently illegal because there's a process to be followed in withdrawing political asylum and citizenship that were not followed.

The British government knew in advance of what was going to happen, they were a part of the process.

While now a moot point I have also wondered about this. It certainly seems the London police were 'invited' into the embassy.

Different sources say J. Assange was arrested inside the compound others indicate outside. Curious which it was.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Confederate

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2019, 07:28:33 PM »

Assange's supporters put up 240,000 Pounds for bail money. UK gets to keep it so it helps with costs of going after Assange.

Assange had a tv show on RT. He was careful not to disclose Russia's secrets. The new president of Ecuador allowed Assange to remain at the embassy as long as he didn't get involved in their politics. Early last year, Ecuador granted Assange citizenship. The honeymoon is over since Assange took legal action against Ecuador for their house rules and Wikileaks Tweeted a link to bad stuff on the Ecuadorean president.

Assange is more focused going after Western nations instead of Russia and friends. Probably why UK wanted him locked up for a very long time as the UK is one of his targets. If he was leaking secrets on Russia, UK and America would applaud and Russia would be after him.

Let me summarize: Assange is a smelly stinky stupid rapist who believed his own hype. Although he had the good sense not to pull his stunts against Russia his gigantic hubris was his own undoing.

In a way he would have been lucky to have released Russian state secrets as it would have likely quickly ended his life in a hail of bullets. Then again Hillary Clinton wanted to drone strike him, yet another good reason she didn’t win.  :laugh:
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. P. J. O'Rourke

Online Wiz

« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2019, 12:33:37 AM »

From what I have read and seen on the British TV channels..... there were always 2 policemen outside the front door of the Embassy.

Two or three days before his arrest.....it appears RUPTLY and RT got word about the move to expel him, so they stuck a camera opposite the Embassy.....and were ready when the police arrived and were the only station with Live Picture.... the BBC few minutes later transmitted the same pictures after editing small part.....(where the Ruptly camera operator) was running to the Pavement outside the Embassy.....and obviously because of their illegal copying ....RUPTLY added the title "Exclusive"......soon.

It has been reported on RT that Julian Assange was invited at the Ambassador's office, two policemen in plain clothes were present, where he was told that Ecuador is revoking his Asylum status and Nationality. It is made very clear that they were invited by the Embassy to expel him out of the Embassy......and we all watched the video, where he was carried out (flying) of the Embassy in Handcuffs shouting!

As we previously said (few of us) it was a well Planned operation by the Anglo Zionist 5 sisters......following American instructions!

Absolutely agree and it is true.  :nod:

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2019, 01:45:07 AM »
confederate, where did you get the idea the Assange is a rapist? Has there been a trial of which we are unaware, or does it suit you to just make stuff up?

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2019, 01:49:48 AM »

While now a moot point I have also wondered about this. It certainly seems the London police were 'invited' into the embassy.

Different sources say J. Assange was arrested inside the compound others indicate outside. Curious which it was.

If by 'Different sources say' you mean people had not seen Assange being carried out of the embassy by British police then there might be some grounds for confusion. Those who saw that footage would understand otherwise. It was clear that he had been seized by people with legal authority to do so and that they had taken him into their custody. It was also clear that Assange was not a willing participant for those whose English language skills might be somewhat lacking.

Online Wiz

« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2019, 01:59:38 AM »
Just a day away from Home and I wake up today to read an avalanche of Fake news and comments from our Brainwashed and programmed, as Andrew will say, American friends. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

* Assange helped to release top secret information which put the USA in a very bad light (Edit: Showed up the REAL FACE of USA, Around the world) so he will spend the rest of his life in prison.

** Do that against Russia and you’ll be gunned down outside the Kremlin, killed in a gun battle on the sidewalk in Kiev or get a nice dose of lethal radiation in your hot tea.
:biggrin:

* a) Are you aware how WikiLeaks receive documents from whistleblowers?

b) Is WikiLeaks legal?

c) The legal status of WikiLeaks is complex. Assange considers WikiLeaks a protection intermediary. ... The group located its headquarters in Sweden because it has one of the world's strongest laws to protect confidential source-journalist relationships. WikiLeaks has stated it does not solicit any information.

d) Is WikiLeaks betraying your country or the whistleblowers?

e) How many American publications have published information from WikiLeaks and have they been prosecuted by the US Government?  Bank Julius Baer lawsuit

**  A) Nemtsov was shot and killed crossing the Bolshoy Moskvoretsky Bridge near the Kremlin walking home after a meal out, in the company of Anna Duritskaya, a 23-year-old Ukrainian model who had been his girlfriend for two and a half years.  Who killed him?... Read and Learn

B) "get a nice dose of lethal radiation in your hot tea"  Where are your evidence?

BillyB.... Do you have a helicopter to escape when the Mexicans overrun your new country?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  tiphat

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2019, 02:44:50 AM »

BillyB.... Do you have a helicopter to escape when the Mexicans overrun your new country?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  tiphat

Doesn't need one. He will just apply for Mexican citizenship.

Online msmoby

« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2019, 03:27:41 AM »
confederate, where did you get the idea the Assange is a rapist? Has there been a trial of which we are unaware, or does it suit you to just make stuff up?

Dear andrewfi,

1/ He was charged and the Swedes thought there was enough merit in the charges ( not rape ) to issue a European Arrest Warrant

2/ Of course, he may well be innocent  - Cornfed is repeating an allegation - not a fact ....   I do hope that  eases your mind .. 

It is amusing to note that you might actually have a conscience and find it wrong to suggest an allegation is fact .....  and presume innocence...

Time to visit your mirror and check how 'black' you seem, Mr Pot .... 

Penny dropping ?